Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 2, 2012 13:15

Jan Richards
As a Finn, it is nice to see a few Finnish sleeves here smiling smiley
By the way, did you notice the spelling issue on the Finnish Sreet Fighting Man

Orange UK Decca sleeves were used up to September of 1966. Around that time they changed to the new blue version. That is also the same time when the boxed logo was taken into use on 7" vinyls.

Probably the reason I bought the record in the first place , when I posted the picture it had slipped my mind though, thanks for the reminder !

Date: April 2, 2012 13:19

treaclefingers
Wow Boston, very impressive!

I'll have to go through mine in a little more detail...I know I have a few London company labels that are a bit different.

Didn't realize how many variations of the DECCA company sleeve there'd be but I guess that has to do with geography.

I'm still wondering about my USA printed sleeves...I wonder why USA, when London did the distribution in the USA? In the sleeves you've shown, they seem to be printed in their own country. Did any countries have their sleeves printed in USA, for export?

Treacle , I had a lot of London sleeve variations but wanted to continue with the Decca theme for now .
Why don't you get the ball rolling on the London sleeves ?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 2, 2012 13:52

Have any of you ever estimated the value of your collection? I mean, at some point in life maybe a small fortune is more enticing than a large record collection?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 2, 2012 15:58

Come On
Tell Me - Playing Time 2:35 (just flashed by)...that was a short version...confused smiley

Yes, the long version is over 4 minutes. What are you referring to...the original vinyl album? If so, you got yerself sumthin' special!

Date: April 2, 2012 15:59

Stoneage
Have any of you ever estimated the value of your collection? I mean, at some point in life maybe a small fortune is more enticing than a large record collection?

A small fortune would be accurate....seems to be doing better than my investment portfolio over the last decade as well!

I don't think I'd be going out on a limb to say that Jan, Stefaan and Boston have 'Stones portfolios' that would be considerably more valuable than my own!

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 3, 2012 13:57

Should be able to get me a nice original -68 Hemi Roadrunner if i sell off. But then again, it is never about the money. The feeling of holding a RSM.1 in your hands can not be valued in money.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: April 3, 2012 14:46

Jan Richards
Should be able to get me a nice original -68 Hemi Roadrunner if i sell off. But then again, it is never about the money. The feeling of holding a RSM.1 in your hands can not be valued in money.

Jan, I think the US picture sleeve for Street Fighting Man is considered 'the most valuable' vinyl-related Stones material out there (although please correct me if I'm wrong).

What would you consider number two...is it RSM-1, or RSD-1, Beast of Burden Picture Sleeve, a pristine version of 'The Rolling Stones' with short version of 'Tell Me', or something else?

Date: April 5, 2012 23:41

boston2006
treaclefingers
Wow Boston, very impressive!

I'll have to go through mine in a little more detail...I know I have a few London company labels that are a bit different.

Didn't realize how many variations of the DECCA company sleeve there'd be but I guess that has to do with geography.

I'm still wondering about my USA printed sleeves...I wonder why USA, when London did the distribution in the USA? In the sleeves you've shown, they seem to be printed in their own country. Did any countries have their sleeves printed in USA, for export?

Treacle , I had a lot of London sleeve variations but wanted to continue with the Decca theme for now .
Why don't you get the ball rolling on the London sleeves ?

Treacle , I decided to do this while watching The Masters .

I'm sure Steffie and Jan can add a few more .

For your viewing pleasure ...........

Date: April 5, 2012 23:47

and more ........

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 6, 2012 00:03

Looking at this collection ..................there must be 10 thousands of them...........great but where is the end....i just keep it to my Dutch collection

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 6, 2012 00:15

What kind of collection does Bill Wyman have? Does somebody know?

Date: April 6, 2012 01:54

Stoneage
What kind of collection does Bill Wyman have? Does somebody know?

of 'conquests' you mean? or vinyl? >grinning smiley<

Date: April 6, 2012 02:02

NICOS
Looking at this collection ..................there must be 10 thousands of them...........great but where is the end....i just keep it to my Dutch collection

Is that what is also known as a 'Dutch treat'?

Date: April 6, 2012 02:16

Thanks Boston...lovely...massive variations by geography and by decade by the looks of it. I think a couple of those labels are Canadian-only...that Green London for example, and what about that sunburst London label?

Is that Canadian?

When I first started buying Stones albums in the early 80's, they were all on that sunburst/green field label. I bought the whole collection that way.

I'm pretty sure there is no 'real' value to it today.

Since then I've repurchased the entire 60's collection on US London Label, and on DECCA UK (excepting Let It Bleed MONO), and as well, more recently on SACD and the newly issued 'vinyl boxes' from 2010.

Date: April 6, 2012 03:05

$500 for a stereo 'boxed' Let It Bleed sold on Ebay...is this for real?:

[cgi.ebay.com]

Does this make any sense, my serious vinyl collecting friends?

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 6, 2012 11:11

treaclefingers
$500 for a stereo 'boxed' Let It Bleed sold on Ebay...is this for real?:

[cgi.ebay.com]

Waauw!!, i bought mine for $10 last year in ex condition...

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: April 6, 2012 12:07

treaclefingers

Eh...no. I doesn´t. Really.

Date: April 6, 2012 13:44

treaclefingers
Thanks Boston...lovely...massive variations by geography and by decade by the looks of it. I think a couple of those labels are Canadian-only...that Green London for example, and what about that sunburst London label?

Is that Canadian?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can read on the label Made In USA but I believe that they were produced for Canadian distribution as all LPs that have that label were Canadian issues .

I was watching that LIB auction on ebay also and was astounded by the selling price .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-06 13:44 by boston2006.

Date: April 8, 2012 19:05

Love You Live Promo EP...on Ebay right now, 2 hours left bid at $128:

[www.ebay.com]

This one has gone up considerably since I picked it up!

Date: April 8, 2012 19:21

Expencive! I paid for my copy $60.

Date: April 8, 2012 19:27

steffiestones
Expencive! I paid for my copy $60.

Yes, I paid a similar price a few years ago. I went back and checked and I have found this one has sold US $229.38 in 2008, and regularly over $100.

Getting it under $100 is a bit of a coup, so congratulation to both of us.

Do you recall when you picked it up originally?

BTW, I think you mentioned earlier in this thread that the picture disc version of this is a bootleg...I have two of those, and have seen that version sell over $100 on several occasions.

Date: April 8, 2012 20:30

The picture disc is for sure a bootleg! I don't know why some collectors pay more than $100 for a boot. You can get the original one for a cheaper price winking smiley

Date: April 8, 2012 21:12

steffiestones
The picture disc is for sure a bootleg! I don't know why some collectors pay more than $100 for a boot. You can get the original one for a cheaper price winking smiley

Yes, I've no doubt it is a bootleg...it is surprising though the price it can fetch.

I presume you have the promo for Time Waits For No One, with picture sleeve?

I'll try and locate mine and post it.

BY THE WAY, the LYL EP pic sleeve 45 just sold for $221.50. Wow.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-10 01:24 by treaclefingers.

Date: April 11, 2012 00:31

Wow I paid nowhere near that amount for LYL promo .

Wish I had a spare to sell !

I've got a question for you all .

Was " The Rolling Stones Now ! " released in a high mumber of Mono Lps as compared to the Stereo version ?
Seems as Mono versions appear on ebay quite frequently and the stereo version seem to be a bit more rare ?

And to fulfill your requests , here ' tis

the backside

Date: April 11, 2012 01:04

boston2006
Wow I paid nowhere near that amount for LYL promo .

Wish I had a spare to sell !

I've got a question for you all .

Was " The Rolling Stones Now ! " released in a high mumber of Mono Lps as compared to the Stereo version ?
Seems as Mono versions appear on ebay quite frequently and the stereo version seem to be a bit more rare ?

And to fulfill your requests , here ' tis

the backside

Thanks for the TWFNO...I do have that one as well. I really like that one, I think because it was never released as an actual single.

Regarding NOW, because Stereo was still 'newer' in 1964, there would have been relatively few of these originally released, when compared with MONO.

Subsequent rereleases had 'electronically reprocessed stereo' so there are a lot of those.

I have 2 or 3 I think very old if not 'original' NOW releases in Stereo.

I believe I also have a 12x5 in Stereo, London 'open' label.

Posted by: Tim2 ()
Date: April 12, 2012 18:57

Hello,

The sunset (sunburst) labels are late 70s reissues both issued in Canada ('L.' prefix on London catalogue #s) AND the US.
The Green labels are Canadian only.

Please see Decca & London worldwide CS at a glance:
[stones7.com]

Regarding late Labels, does anybody has similar labels on the one attached? I still have a doubt whether this is US or CDN, as these series could be found in both countries for other artists (Them, etc) but barely show up on the RS.

Best eve.

Date: April 12, 2012 23:04

Tim2
Hello,

The sunset (sunburst) labels are late 70s reissues both issued in Canada ('L.' prefix on London catalogue #s) AND the US.

[stones7.com]

Regarding late Labels, does anybody has similar labels on the one attached? I still have a doubt whether this is US or CDN, as these series could be found in both countries for other artists (Them, etc) but barely show up on the RS.

Best eve.

I've never seen that label before , must be quite rare !

Date: April 13, 2012 02:52

boston2006
Tim2
Hello,

[stones7.com]

Best eve.

I've never seen that label before , must be quite rare !

In all my years of trolling EBAY I have NEVER seen that either...thanks for sharing and if you do have any additional info on it would love to hear it. The 5N 9766 sounds North American to me.

Am I right on that Boston?

Date: April 13, 2012 05:15

Who says a rare album has to be old???

From 2007, a fairly unique 4 LP set...an update from the 70's classic 'Rolled Gold', called 'Rolled Gold +'. Everything you liked about the first double album, just WAY more songs. This may just be the best 'Best of' of the Stones 60s work...more complete than Hot Rocks by a country mile.

This one is still sealed, so I don't have a view on the insides unfortunately...their is an interesting picture below of the 'USB' version of the same album...comes in a cool case...also sealed.

Oddly for me, never did pick up the CD version of this...I think there are lots available on EBAY.

One of these days I'll open it I'm sure, as I'm curious about what's inside!

Posted by: Tim2 ()
Date: April 13, 2012 15:18

Hello boys,

Indeed, pretty rare and most likely US (distr. into the blue & white London 1978 cs); Matrices are DR 35801-2 / DR 35802-5 Bell Sound SF 1H T;
I date this from the early 80s but this is pure guess.
I am pretty sure I have seen somewhere once the Last Time (long before Ebay) with this pattern as well, unfortunately have no proof to show.

Below is another obscure, very rarely seen mid-70s Canadian London label - JJF, PIB, and Satisfaction were reissued as such (dist. in b&w London CS as the green 'As Tears Go By' above).

Best

By the way, Boston, I would like to get in touch w/ you if you are into CDN 45s - feel free to write me.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1636
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home