Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: Keith London book Signing
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 2, 2010 01:33

Rosalie
Well, I shall be in London as I have a wedding to attend the weekend before and have decided to stay on. May queue all night but will certainly be there early am in the morning. It's going to be similar to queuing for front rail positions at Stones concerts I think - except hopefully not a competition in the end as to how fast you can run never mind what time you got there. Hope we shall all be civilised and save places for each other for loo and coffee runs.
Looking forward to meeting old friends.

I sure hope so too!
see you there

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 2, 2010 01:47

chriseganstar
Got my daughter (lives in Lambeth) primed to step in

Right on. That proves you raised her well smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Bluesstones ()
Date: November 2, 2010 10:05

Hi all,

I am very surprised that on this board not many of you are very enthusiastic about the London book signing tomorrow. Will not many people find it interesting to show up. I mean this is THE event of the year I suppose?? You can meet the legend in person!!!

Anyway I just found this on the internet about the book signing of soccerplayer Pele in Dublin in 2006:

"More than 1,000 fans[/b], many or most not even born when Pele played in his first World Cup in 1958,queued from before dawn outside Eason's bookstore in O'Connell Street for a glimpse of the great man".

WOW, more than 1,000 people queued from before dawn: I am seriously wondering how many people will show up before dawn for Keith??? Is Pele is as great a legend for people as Keith is? Is it comparable??

How many of you iorr's will go tomorrow? Will there be any people in the front of Waterstone's right now??? Or will the first show up in the evening???

Good luck!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 2, 2010 10:28

>> I am very surprised that on this board not many of you are very enthusiastic about the London book signing tomorrow. <<

they're way enthusiastic! they're just quiet today because they're already queuing tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 2, 2010 10:53

It is realy easy to build your hopes up and the whole deal ends up to be a letdown.I sure hope it does work out for all the fans there who hopefully will have a few words with Keith while he signs the book and maybe a handshake.The whole thing is out of his hands and it is entirely up to the handlers,security etc as how it turns out.Good luck to you all and I hope you get what you fully deserve. smoking smiley>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-02 11:10 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 2, 2010 10:53

Yes, they're queuing! I just received a text message from one of them - and a few others are on their way from Norway, so there's nothing wrong with the enthusiasm. Good luck, don't catch a cold - and good health to everyone. Be good to eachother!
PS: Bluesstones - I met Pelé on 3 occations (professionally - (Did a magazine interview with him). He's a gem, too!

Date: November 2, 2010 10:55

Good luck to all of you who are going

-------------------

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 2, 2010 10:57

best wishes to those already in the queue

Posted by: Bluesstones ()
Date: November 2, 2010 11:33

WOW people are already queuing, it's 31 hours to go????????? So if we are there tomorrow morning at 8 o'clock I think we can forget to meet Keith???? And when we arrive late this evening, about 23.00 o'clock?

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: November 2, 2010 12:24

Waterstones say the "queue" consists of two people. Don't panic, my friends!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 2, 2010 12:27

Yeah but they might both be like 120 kilos....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 2, 2010 12:36

The bulk of people will get there between 7-9am. If you're there by 7am you should be OK.

Posted by: mark01942 ()
Date: November 2, 2010 13:38

I'll be there bout 1:30 AM tonight-all the way from sunny Wigan. See you then you crazy people! (just like me!!!)smiling smiley

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: November 2, 2010 14:13

Good luck to the folk who are going to wait!Hope you get the signature.
I managed to get a wonderful signature in Glasgow on the walk way to the small stage.Keef gave me a "touch" and signed the front cover of Rolling Stone mag,the bear chested cover.

Date: November 2, 2010 14:15

stargroover
and signed the front cover of Rolling Stone mag,the bear chested cover.

WOW, that's great

-------------------

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: November 2, 2010 14:46

I am jealous! Wish I could go!

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 2, 2010 15:16

See you all 'bright' and early in the morning!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: m1cawber ()
Date: November 2, 2010 15:18

mark01942
I'll be there bout 1:30 AM tonight-all the way from sunny Wigan. See you then you crazy people! (just like me!!!)smiling smiley
Hey....are you going down on the train that gets into Euston at 1:03 AM ?

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 2, 2010 17:13

Bollocks.

I'm finishing work today then heading up to London.

slept outisde for tickets on the Voodoo and Bridges tour. might as well complete the hat trick for a chance to meet Keef.

Party on. Think I'm gonna wear my thermals tonight!!

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 2, 2010 17:13

Bollocks.

I'm finishing work today then heading up to London.

slept outisde for tickets on the Voodoo and Bridges tour. might as well complete the hat trick for a chance to meet Keef.

Party on. Think I'm gonna wear my thermals tonight!!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rosalie ()
Date: November 2, 2010 18:08

For all you out of towners and incoming from overseas - there is a one day London tube strike from 7 pm tonight.

[www.freshbusinessthinking.com]

Posted by: mark01942 ()
Date: November 2, 2010 18:28

m1cawber Hi, Yes I sure am!!!-My original plan was to drive down after seeing the expensive train fares.
When I heard the tubes were on strike I had another look and got a return journey coming back tomorrow night for £33.

The tube strike has actually SAVED me ££money

I'll be boarding at Wigan North-Western at 21:28. I'm travelling by myself as none of my friends are Stones fans.sad smiley
I was planning to wear my black hoody with lips on the back, looking at the weather outside right now (it's p*ssing down!)sad smiley I may be wearing a thick grey parker type coat (purely for warmth!) might see you on the journey?.smiling smiley

*A special thanks also to my local Waterstones (Wigan)-I went to buy Keefs book yesterday and they'd sold out.sad smiley I told em about the signing and left my number, they phoned me at 11 this morning saying a copy was now waiting for me behind the counter!smiling smiley (£9.99) NICE!!!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 2, 2010 19:45

Anybody know how many people are camping out overnight. I'm planning on being there by 5.30 tomorrow morning, which I hope will be O.K. Tube strike is a pain so I'll be bussing in from my daughter's in Clapham. Came up from Cornwall today on the bus, took forever getting to London.

Chris

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: November 2, 2010 20:14

Catching the train to London in half an hour. Staying in Chiswick tonight and getting there bright and early tomorrow (once I've worked out the journey with no Tube!!)

Posted by: Rosalie ()
Date: November 2, 2010 20:15

Am in Hackney - will catch an early morning bus.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 2, 2010 20:33

Have fun.....

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 2, 2010 20:43

yeah have a blast in that queue, people! that's what it's for :E
i'll be burning incense for you ... and when the time comes,
be sure to let Keith know we love him

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: November 2, 2010 22:15

Anyone know how many people are queuing this evening?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 2, 2010 22:17

i was hoping someone in the queue would be posting twitter updates, but it appears not.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 2, 2010 22:25

I'm over in Spain now but I am sure you will all get your wristbands and see Keith person to person which is great.Lovely warm day over here so I hope the chill hasn't been too bad for the overniters or the early morning arrivals.Brings back memorys for me of the Astoria gig for a couple of days and no luck with a ticket,but I know you will all get in there.Met some great fans there and the memorys are there for ever.Good luck to you all. thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home