Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: Keith London book Signing
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 4, 2010 15:49

His hands/fingers looking not that bad, remember some black and white pictures that looks much worser

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 4, 2010 15:54

Cocaine Eyes
Lovely pics. The one just above is PERFECT (Keith signing)! Well done, folks. Happy you had a good time.

Any pics of the SOB who's selling them on Ebay??angry smiley

Here's the main guy with two of his cronies.

Posted by: nashville ()
Date: November 4, 2010 16:16

Bid on his bloody eBay book and don't pay up. That will really piss him off.

Andy

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 4, 2010 16:28

Thanks for the great pics and stories. I'm glad the IORR gang made it to get their signed copies.

now those evilbay scalpers should get walloped over the head with a copy of Life. (just like the famous Hampton clip)

Keith's fingers look fine to me. signing hundreds of books is a good exercise, perhaps?

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 4, 2010 16:55

on page 7 or so he was talking about when he was a kid he was picking up a big piece of slate to remove it from their playing spot and it fell and smashe dhis middle finger and had to get stitches and said the middle finger has always been flat and caused a plonk on guitar strings which maybe gives him his original sound.

Posted by: maloup ()
Date: November 4, 2010 17:08

I really hate this kind of bloody rats!Nobody should bid on these books on
Ebay!

Date: November 4, 2010 17:13

Be good to hear from people who met Keith yesterday what they asked him. My mind went blank when I stood in front of the great man and the only thing I could quickly think to say was "any news on the next album?" to which he replied in that wonderful throaty cackled "when I get time to write it!".

It did leave me speculating on how soon we might get a new Stones album and the comment doesn't particularly bode well for a tour starting next year on the back of a new album. Then again there's been so much Exile/72 stuff released recently that they might just decide to feature large chunks of that.

I was also talking about the possibility of another tour to Steven - the guy at the front of the queue who says he has seen 400 Stones shows. He has seen the band that many times by working with the merchandising guys, literally travelling around the world to clock up those gigs.

Anyway his take is that the Stones will struggle to find anyone to insure/underwrite a world tour - based on Mick needing longer for his voice to recover from gig to gig; Ronnie's well publicised battle with the bottle and diminshing ticket sales at stadiums - many of which did not sell out last time round.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-04 17:29 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 4, 2010 17:24

<<< the Stones will struggle to find anyone to insure/underwrite a world tour >>>

Hmm, interesting thought. Well that doesn't freak me out at all, in fact it makes me hopeful in a way. Think about it. A monumental great stadium tour, an army of people, a fleet of vehicles, all the associated costs and logistics ... if that lot turns out to be uninsurable, what's the alternative ?

One alternative could be simply that the Stones go out as a "lesser" operation, a "scaled down" tour, that using all the usual criteria, the insurerers would still be happy to go with. For all we know, maybe regardless of what they (the band) would "like to do", they might have their hand forced a little ? Time waits for no-one after all .......

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: November 4, 2010 17:29

Silver Dagger
Cocaine Eyes
Lovely pics. The one just above is PERFECT (Keith signing)! Well done, folks. Happy you had a good time.

Thanks for the pic of the SOBs. I was asking because when the Stones rehearse in Toronto,there's also a gang of goons who will do anything to the die-hard fans in order to get the autographs. I'm wondering if the SOB in the blue cap has red hair. The red hair guy runs the 'autograph operation' here in Toronto. He once pushed me into the barricades & I ended up bruised and bloodied.

Date: November 4, 2010 17:32

Cocaine Eyes
Silver Dagger
Cocaine Eyes

Thanks for the pic of the SOBs. I was asking because when the Stones rehearse in Toronto,there's also a gang of goons who will do anything to the die-hard fans in order to get the autographs. I'm wondering if the SOB in the blue cap has red hair. The red hair guy runs the 'autograph operation' here in Toronto. He once pushed me into the barricades & I ended up bruised and bloodied.

No, these guys had London accents. They're obviously professionals who attend book launches and then just sell on the autographed books.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 4, 2010 17:34

Cocaine Eyes
Silver Dagger
Cocaine Eyes

Nope, they were all from a town in England called Weston-Super-Mare. The elder bald guy worked as a bouncer/doorman for a security firm, don't know about the three youngsters with him. One of then told me the most ridiculous lie when I asked him what his interest in Keith Richards was, he stumbled a bit before blurting out "I'm getting the book for my mum" !! Hardly an original story !! Pathetic.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 4, 2010 17:41

I arrived Tuesday about 9PM and was number 35 in the cue, right behind a big family from Bristol with 3 kids aged from something about 7 to 12 I guess. I was impressed with their patience and stamina. I also think Keith liked meeting these children.

Monkeytonkman entertained us all night and day. What a character! There are no words in English to describe him. Eccentric or original do not match the reality. Constantly talking and making jokes for some 15 straight hours plus. He fell asleep on the floor inside Waterstone’s towards the end though, and needed a wakeup not to miss his chance to meet Keith.

Keith looked so damn cool! The coolest rock’n’roll star in the world! I had the biggest smile on my face and just laughed when I shook his hand. And Keith laughed as well. It was surreal to finally meet the man. It lasted for only about 20 seconds probably, but it felt much longer, and it is a memory for LIFE. It was totally worth the 18 hours of waiting, plus travelling to and from London.

Paulywaul, I think it was you I passed after I’ve had my book signed. Glad to hear you made it too! I didn’t see much to you guys in the cue, as you must have been cueing down the next street around the corner by the church.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-04 17:53 by The Worst..

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 4, 2010 17:43

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 4, 2010 17:43

Addicted
crawdaddy
Is that young lady on the right of Keith at Waterstones,Addicted ???? Maybe ..........maybe not!Jane Rose I recognised(and spoke to once, didn't know who she was at the time) and once thought she posted on IORR .A face or two I recognise who probably do post on IORR.A good day seems to be had by all.Congratulations,and sleep well tonite after a long day. smileys with beer

I don't know, I wasn't there, you see, Crawdaddy!
And Angee: It was Tumbled who posted the twitter-pix, I just quoted him/her and pointed out where you could see The Worst having his book signed, and having a good laugh with Keith.
Packing my bags to go to Paris now. Might report from The City of Lights if something exciting happens...

Addicted, I can't find that picture!
Perhaps you're confusing me with someone else?
Anyway, have a good trip to Paris!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 4, 2010 19:09

>> The 10 I think may signify 2010? It seemed to have a dot before it <<

ahh yes - that would do for an explanation! (and what a goofball mind i have not to have thought of that spinning smiley sticking its tongue out )

you all look and sound so beautifully radiant - yeah, that's Keith Richards all right! like no other can :E

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 4, 2010 20:12

More tweets from Ian Rankin (he and Keith also share the same UK publisher), including a picture of his signed book (showing a '10 that should satisfy sssoul's curiousity!) - AND he got his Exile on Main Street album signed! AND a KR goodie bag - all at a meet and greet:

[twitpic.com]

beathhigh: So i travelled 400 miles for a 2-min meeting with Keef. Still worth it. And now: sleeper home...

[twitpic.com]

Beathhigh: For those who are asking, I doubt Keef had any idea who I was.....

Beathhigh: And one last Keith Richards tweet: goodie bags handed out last night contained KR zippo lighter, KR ashtray, and KR plectrums.

Beathhigh: @DaWNd58 It was a meet and greet at a hotel/club off St James Street. Penthouse... 30-odd people there...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 4, 2010 20:22

A short inteview with Keith inside Waterstones:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 4, 2010 20:25

Woops! Sorry, Silver Dagger. Just noticed your post!

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: November 4, 2010 20:26

Silver Dagger
Be good to hear from people who met Keith yesterday what they asked him. My mind went blank when I stood in front of the great man and the only thing I could quickly think to say was "any news on the next album?" to which he replied in that wonderful throaty cackled "when I get time to write it!".

It did leave me speculating on how soon we might get a new Stones album and the comment doesn't particularly bode well for a tour starting next year on the back of a new album. Then again there's been so much Exile/72 stuff released recently that they might just decide to feature large chunks of that.

I was also talking about the possibility of another tour to Steven - the guy at the front of the queue who says he has seen 400 Stones shows. He has seen the band that many times by working with the merchandising guys, literally travelling around the world to clock up those gigs.

Anyway his take is that the Stones will struggle to find anyone to insure/underwrite a world tour - based on Mick needing longer for his voice to recover from gig to gig; Ronnie's well publicised battle with the bottle and diminshing ticket sales at stadiums - many of which did not sell out last time round.

Thinking of something to say was harder than the 11 hours of queueing! It didn't bode well when I first went up to him and rather imaginatively said "Alright Keith" to which I had no response. Then, when I shook his hand, I pointed to the book and said thanks for living this life so that we didn't have to, which he seemed to find hilarious and just cracked up. As if it hadn't been an amazing day already just by meeting him, he actually laughed at my joke - think I'll dine it out on this for a while!!
Was tempted to milk it and say "thanks for being here, thanks for being anywhere" but wisely decided aganst it!!

Date: November 4, 2010 20:35

Welsh Stone
Silver Dagger

Thinking of something to say was harder than the 11 hours of queueing! It didn't bode well when I first went up to him and rather imaginatively said "Alright Keith" to which I had no response. Then, when I shook his hand, I pointed to the book and said thanks for living this life so that we didn't have to, which he seemed to find hilarious and just cracked up. As if it hadn't been an amazing day already just by meeting him, he actually laughed at my joke - think I'll dine it out on this for a while!!
Was tempted to milk it and say "thanks for being here, thanks for being anywhere" but wisely decided aganst it!!

Great to meet you Welsh Stone - my queueing buddy for 12 hours.

Posted by: Rosalie ()
Date: November 4, 2010 21:18

Stupid question but how do I post photos?

Date: November 4, 2010 21:22

Create a free account on www.photobucket.com and upload pics to your own
personal folder there. Then you can elect the IMG code and just paste it here.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 4, 2010 21:54

Great video by Rolling Hansie but queue scenes so quick!Buffering and stopped at times and saw Paul and e-bayer and then fast again.Anyone know how to slow it down???? confused smiley

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: November 4, 2010 22:09

Silver Dagger
Welsh Stone
Silver Dagger

Great to meet you Welsh Stone - my queueing buddy for 12 hours.

Cheers - same here. Really didn't feel like 12 hours as I had such a good time

Posted by: Rosalie ()
Date: November 5, 2010 01:17

crawdaddy
Great video by Rolling Hansie but queue scenes so quick!Buffering and stopped at times and saw Paul and e-bayer and then fast again.Anyone know how to slow it down???? confused smiley

Baffled me too and as my head is still reeling from lack of sleep it was even worse!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 5, 2010 02:39

The Worst.
Addicted
crawdaddy
Is that young lady on the right of Keith at Waterstones,Addicted ???? Maybe ..........maybe not!Jane Rose I recognised(and spoke to once, didn't know who she was at the time) and once thought she posted on IORR .A face or two I recognise who probably do post on IORR.A good day seems to be had by all.Congratulations,and sleep well tonite after a long day. smileys with beer

I don't know, I wasn't there, you see, Crawdaddy!
And Angee: It was Tumbled who posted the twitter-pix, I just quoted him/her and pointed out where you could see The Worst having his book signed, and having a good laugh with Keith.
Packing my bags to go to Paris now. Might report from The City of Lights if something exciting happens...

Addicted, I can't find that picture!
Perhaps you're confusing me with someone else?
Anyway, have a good trip to Paris!

Addicted, thanks for the correction.

Looking forward to your reports from Paris!!

Hey, everyone in the line in London...how cold was it out there?
Didn't look too bad, depending on the wind, I'm guessing.

Date: November 5, 2010 09:37

Some nice pix of Keith at the booksigning on this site.

[capitalpictures.photoshelter.com]

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 5, 2010 11:17

Bitches Brew
This picture is brilliant - from Brian Rasic. He wrote To Brian - One Love

This photo is really great !Love it .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 5, 2010 11:21

paulywaul
SwayStones
Thanks for the comments and photos !
You seemed to have a great time .

Someone told that Keith looked "healthy" and in a good shape .What about his fingers ?
Do you think he wil be able to play on a big tour ?

<<< What about his fingers ? >>>

Good question. Well both my and Beast's observations (we commented on this in a conversation we had after the signing) was that "in the flesh" so to say, the swollen knuckles looked somewhat less swollen/smaller than they always appear in photographs. Maybe it's true what they say, things always do look bigger in photos ... at least I think that's what they say. ANY PRO PHOTOGRAPHERS AMONG US ? PLEASE COMMENT.

Anyway, they (the knuckles/fingers) didn't seem to have the same appearance as in photos, that's the bottom line. He certainly did look healthy, and magnificently cool one has to say. It's past 5:00 pm in London on a November evening, it's already dark outside, and there he is in not a particularly brightly lit room (no additional lighting beyond that of the bookstore), and he's in his ubiquitous trilby hat with bandana underneath, wearing shades, cool scarf round his neck ... the man is a king !!

I am glad to hear that,paulywaul .smiling smiley

Maybe it's true what they say, things always do look bigger in photos ... at least I think that's what they say. ANY PRO PHOTOGRAPHERS AMONG US ? PLEASE COMMENT

That's what I think as well .Things look bigger on photos,that's why the models are always so thin /skinny in reality compared to the pics.
But I am not an expert,may be HelterSkelter could enlighten us winking smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: TE ()
Date: November 5, 2010 11:38

DandelionPowderman
His left hand fingers look a lot better!

So true. His fingers looks like "Wait 'till you see my playing next year".

TE
Oslo

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1190
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home