Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
If and when or when and if, they finally go on sale...
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 14, 2011 12:14

I'm still expecting some kind of tour within the next couple of years, but the liklihood is that is won't be a full world tour. Consequently, it could mean a few big cities around the world, i.e. New York, London, Paris, LA, Sydney, Amsterdam, Madrid, etc. If this is the case then I would expect a real struggle to get tickets especially if it is billed as the farewell tour.

Now, I've been stung before through the official membership scheme, which will undoubtedly spring into action again to grab our hard earned cash on the promise of a guaranteed ticket. So, why not create our own network on this forum whereby we get each other tickets? For example, if they announce UK dates, I apply for the maximum - only need two for myself and therefore, if succesful I keep the two I need and then sell the remainder to people on here - at the face value, thereby helping prevent people on here getting ripped off by touts on Ebay etc. THe other advantage is that we look after each other and ensure as many IORR's get to a show.

I'm sure we all have PayPal through which the transactions could take place. The only thing that could make this fail would be people's greed - buying the maximum amount for themselves and not selling on.

YOu never know it just might work, and it would bring us all together, at least for a while!

Re: If and when or when and if, they finally go on sale...
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 14, 2011 12:23

I remember a friend of mine who couldn't sell his tickets at face value for the concert in München (opening show?, was it?) for an arena show. Of course he refused selling them at 10€.So, I'm buying ONLY the tickets I need. Toooo risky

Date: August 14, 2011 12:32

Yes Harm, but that was on a tour where there wasn't much demand. I'm sure if it is their last tour, the demand will outstrip sales.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 14, 2011 12:38

I like your idea. And agree that tickets for any forthcoming shows will be difficult to buy. Wish there was a way for the (real) fans to get the best tickets. Now that would really turn me on.

Date: August 14, 2011 12:53

We would get an idea of demand early on if the opening shows were in the US and there shouldn't be any reason anyone ends up out of pocket. Don't fall for the membership scam - yes you will get a ticket (after paying $99 to join) but as I found out, the tickets were in really bad seats. I moved to the third row as there were some empty seat there otherwise I would have needed a telescope to see the show.

The only other way would be if those of you on here who have connections with the stones machine could get us a job lot of decent tickets - we deserve it.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 14, 2011 14:00

crumbling_mice
The only other way would be if those of you on here who have connections with the stones machine could get us a job lot of decent tickets - we deserve it.

Agree smiling smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 14, 2011 15:10

Definately agree. By the way I got burned by that RS.Com membership thing too, ended up with double priced lame seats. Haven't bought anything from them since 2002.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: August 14, 2011 15:25

thats where iorr is for smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 14, 2011 15:32

Can you imagine the last-minute surge of people coming on here, calling themselves longtime, hardcore fans and wanting to get in on this?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 14, 2011 15:38

Edith Grove
Can you imagine the last-minute surge of people coming on here, calling themselves longtime, hardcore fans and wanting to get in on this?

Yipppee!!!! now that is my kind of talk smiling smiley

Date: August 14, 2011 15:43

Edith Grove

I imagine them... and I imagine how all grumpy hens naysayers will start back peddling, saying they "knew all along"..... "never doubted for a minute"

They are making a list....
checking it twice...
gonna make sure who was a believer or a naysayer....
The Rolling Stones are going on tour....
and all naysayers are banned from attending

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-14 15:44 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 14, 2011 15:47

Max'sKansasCity
Edith Grove

Yipppee!!!! now that is my kind of talk smiling smiley

Just being realistic, Max!

I really appreciate crumbling_mice thinking about this, and willing to get something started along these lines, but there will be unexpected situations that need to be considered.

In this case, how do you choose who will be able to participate?

Date: August 14, 2011 15:50

You are in for sure Edith smiling smiley
and all the other good people are in...
and all the crabby naysayers are O U T ! !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-14 15:56 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 14, 2011 16:01

Edith, I'd already thought that one through. We decide on a date, sometime very soon and all those who put their name on the list are in. Anybody after that date is out unless any of us have spares. I've been involved in a similar thing before and it worked. We all know who has been around a while and who hasn't anyway. I'd also be quite happy to see some of those who have left us be included.

Date: August 14, 2011 16:03

Max'sKansasCity

Well, I wasn't thinking about that as much as I was thinking about whoever takes on this responsibility.

This could be like opening a can of worms if not carefully planned & executed.
Whoever does this would need quite a bit of free time to manage this scheme.

Date: August 14, 2011 16:11

Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity

Well, I wasn't thinking about that as much as I was thinking about whoever takes on this responsibility.

This could be like opening a can of worms if not carefully planned & executed.
Whoever does this would need quite a bit of free time to manage this scheme.
ah yes, I see... that will be a task.

Date: August 14, 2011 16:15

I am actually not sure how it would/could work.

I have alwasy had a very lucky knack for getting my tickets... and I have never had an inside connection. It was always a lil dancing, a lil luck, a lot of studying and a lot of moving fast at the right time... and it somehow always worked out... excpet for the fact those iphones wont come to my town.... but... oh well...

I never did join that stupid fan club... I bought my "fan club freebees" on ebay winking smiley.... I think the only good thing that fan club was good for was getting into the small theater shows... which I did not see... which is ok.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-14 16:17 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 14, 2011 16:28

I'm not sure it would take a lot of time. The way I see it is...we have a list of those included in our scheme. Shows are announced we all try and get tickets where we want to go, then we announce how many spares we have. Those on the list say if they want them in those towns.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: August 15, 2011 02:28

Max'sKansasCity
Edith Grove

I imagine them... and I imagine how all grumpy hens naysayers will start back peddling, saying they "knew all along"..... "never doubted for a minute"

checking it twice...

I have to agree MKC, you pretty much nailed it. You too EG.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-15 02:29 by RSbestbandever.

Date: August 15, 2011 02:56

RSbestbandever
Max'sKansasCity
Edith Grove

checking it twice...

I have to agree MKC, you pretty much nailed it. You too EG.

Right on man smiling smiley Rolling Stones are the best band ever

Posted by: novica ()
Date: August 15, 2011 11:39

@crumbling_mice : great idea !
@Edith_Grove :
you're right ! but, i think bv can help us out with his data from users database...
say, criteria to participate in buying/selling tickets is at least year since first registration at iorr.org ...or something else...

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 15, 2011 11:47

Even forgetting the "50th anniversary" thing, there will probably be more demand this time for the simple reason that they've left it for so long. The only other time there's been a gap of 5 years or more between tours was in the 80s.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 15, 2011 12:14

<<< If and when or when and if, they finally go on sale ... >>>

then it'll be the usual nightmare scenario prevailing, although probably on a worse and grander scale than anything we've seen to date. All the legitimate scalping organisations will be in on the act; the likes of GETMEIN, SEATWAVE, VIAGOGO, DOUBLE8TICKETS, and in addition we should have little doubt that hordes of private individuals will be buying tickets on a speculative basis and listing them on Ebay and the like. THIS after all could really and truly be the last time, if the rumours that are beginning to swirl turn out to be true.

What a depressing thought, having to fight like a demon against all the odds, just to get a friggin' ticket to see your fave band. F**k this, I'm gonna stay home and listen to Absolute Radio !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: August 15, 2011 15:40

crumbling_mice
Yes Harm, but that was on a tour where there wasn't much demand. I'm sure if it is their last tour, the demand will outstrip sales.

The last tour sure seemed like The Last Time with all the places they played - and the amount of shows (too many). The demand was not exactly...demanding. I doubt there'd be the amount of interest you are projecting with another tour or series of shows (unless they strictly toured in South America). If they decide to do some kind of tour in 2013 or later people aren't going to want to go yet alone pay huge the amount the Stones demand.

Date: August 15, 2011 15:44

DragonSky
crumbling_mice

The last tour sure seemed like The Last Time with all the places they played - and the amount of shows (too many). The demand was not exactly...demanding. I doubt there'd be the amount of interest you are projecting with another tour or series of shows (unless they strictly toured in South America). If they decide to do some kind of tour in 2013 or later people aren't going to want to go yet alone pay huge the amount the Stones demand.

Rubbish. If they wait until 2013 or later it will be like 1989 again (I don't mean musically, I mean the amount of interest). Most people (me included) couldn't care less if it's 49 years or 50 years or 52 years since they started.

Date: August 15, 2011 15:45

I'm not so sure Dragon. I really think once the word is out that it is officially the end of the road tour, every stones fan will want to say they saw them on the final tour plus a lot of others who want to say they saw the Rolling Stones.

As I said in an earlier post, we might just have to wait and see what the demand is like if the tour kicks off in the US - as they usually do.

It was just an idea...I would really hate anybody who has been on iorr for years keeping things alive, to then miss out on the shows. I'm fairly confident I can get some as I have a friend who works for a major ticket agency and I'm more than happy to sell my spares to others on here rather than just people I know who would jump on the bandwagon.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 15, 2011 15:49

What is such is a rip off is that in order to get priority tickets you have to pay £50 to join their stupid fanclub. I had to do this to get tickets for Madison Square Garden in 2005. To get priority tickets you'd have to pay £50 every time.

Date: August 15, 2011 16:07

Silver Dagger
What is such is a rip off is that in order to get priority tickets you have to pay £50 to join their stupid fanclub. I had to do this to get tickets for Madison Square Garden in 2005. To get priority tickets you'd have to pay £50 every time.

Me too MR Dagger...and they were lousy seats. People who waited and bought them at the venues on the night of the show got better tickets...so we need a better system!

Date: August 15, 2011 18:03

crumbling_mice
I really think once the word is out that it is officially the end of the road tour, every stones fan will want to say they saw them on the final tour plus a lot of others who want to say they saw the Rolling Stones.

They're never going to announce it as such, & anyway I for one do not think it will even be the final tour. They all have years left in them yet.

Date: August 15, 2011 21:19

Sleepy City
crumbling_mice
I really think once the word is out that it is officially the end of the road tour, every stones fan will want to say they saw them on the final tour plus a lot of others who want to say they saw the Rolling Stones.

They're never going to announce it as such, & anyway I for one do not think it will even be the final tour. They all have years left in them yet.

I hope you are right sleepy - but I have feeling this will be the last tour as such, they will probably do one offs in some form or another but they'll be few and far between. I hate to say this but there is a couple of them who may not last much longer.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home