Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: Keith London book Signing
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 3, 2010 23:14

paulywaul
What a day, up at 4:00 and in the queue by 5:10 - but all worth it. Got my signed copy, shook hands with the great man, exchanged a few words (said I hoped that many a stage would be graced by his presence next year, he replied by saying he hoped so too), and now I'm home and gonna take a cuppa tea and a certain book to bed with me for what may well turn out to be an early night ... even with the best of intentions I don't think I'll be able to stay awake too much longer !!

But what a fun day, thanks and praises to Beast, Mr Jimmy, Silver Dagger, Monkeytonkman, Sonicdreamer, Mattleeuk & others for helping make it so. And thanks to Manofwealthandtaste for popping into the store around 6:00 pm and taking some silly "group photos" of us lucky and happy souls, with luck they'll be posted on this thread in due course.
Congrats Pauly and the rest of the IORR gang. Can't wait to see the pics of the happy group.

smileys with beerRe: Keith London book Signing
Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: November 3, 2010 23:31

I'm so jealous but happy for you at the same time, hope you will put some pics here. Congratulations!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 4, 2010 00:06

Great that so many of you succeeded. Congratulations

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 4, 2010 00:14

tumbled
pic from waterstones twitter account [twitpic.com]

pic from waterstones twitter meeting the fans [twitpic.com]

I believe this is our poster, The Worst!

ditto... some fans [twitpic.com]

signing [twitpic.com]

yet another [twitpic.com]
Thanks for posting the twitter photos, tumbled!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 4, 2010 00:24

Nice stories........ maybe he'll be at the 100 club next month winking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 4, 2010 00:27

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

And unfortunately, there will be many more like this appearing on Ebay I'd guess, seeing as for nearly every serious Stones fan there in the queue, there was correspondingly someone who had no interest in Keith or the Stones per se whatsoever, only in acquiring this book and his signature within it, and then selling it on thus.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: November 4, 2010 00:36

paulywaul
[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

And unfortunately, there will be many more like this appearing on Ebay I'd guess, seeing as for nearly every serious Stones fan there in the queue, there was correspondingly someone who had no interest in Keith or the Stones per se whatsoever, only in acquiring this book and his signature within it, and then selling it on thus.

Horrible. I hope no one buys it. It's so unfair that many Stones fans don't get to meet Keith cause these showers of shite and their desperate money grabbing.
Hopefully any Stones fan that comes across this on eBay will realize whatsmgone on and won't be ripped off by someone who has denied a fellow fan the chance to meet someone who may be their idol!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 4, 2010 00:42

Is that young lady on the right of Keith at Waterstones,Addicted ???? Maybe ..........maybe not!Jane Rose I recognised(and spoke to once, didn't know who she was at the time) and once thought she posted on IORR .A face or two I recognise who probably do post on IORR.A good day seems to be had by all.Congratulations,and sleep well tonite after a long day. smileys with beer

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 4, 2010 01:53

Sonicdreamer, congrats to you with your black wristband!
Seems Keith may have hand-signed 260 copies, well above the 150 then.

Will await pics of the IORR crew, PW, Beast, Silver Dagger, and all!
Thanks, MOWAT.

Thanks for the shots from Twitter, Addicted!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-04 01:53 by angee.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 4, 2010 02:01

Wow!!

I am completely shattered after a very early start and around 12 hours of queuing, with nowhere to sit. But it was so worth it.

Amazing to meet Keith, shake his hand, say a few words. He seemed in great spirits, said a couple of things in reply to what I said to him, which was lovely...

Great to see Paulywaul, Beast, SonicDreamer, and to meet Silver Dagger. And cheers ManOfWealthAndTaste for stopping by, was good to see you!

All in all a thoroughly exhausting but utterly fantastic experience. Thankyou SO much Keith, and best of wishes and congratulations to the other IORR'ians that made it!

Right, I'm off to bed. Zzzzzzzzzzzz

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 4, 2010 03:07

Congrats to all of you, lucky guys thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 4, 2010 04:44

How very good of Keith to sign more than expected. Perhaps his arthritis isn't as bad as thought. Hope he picks up a guitar soon and finds out.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 4, 2010 07:57

it's great to read your stories, people - go on, go on! i'm so glad it worked out
and i trust you let Keith know we love him!

praline
Do we have pictures of those who spent the night out and did not eventually get to meet Keith ?

... what people have posted clearly indicates that that was a null set,
unless someone who spent the night later abandoned the queue of their own free will.
so rooting around for unpleasantness that way is futile in this case. Keith did good

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 4, 2010 08:10

Fans were not permitted to take photos in the Keith's area inside Waterstones, even when we were in the queue waiting to walk up to his table; security was ridiculously tight. There were, however, official photographers from Waterstones/Keith's people and the Publishers, so images will be forthcoming. One authorised woman was filming the signing too. Some fans got photos of Keith entering and leaving Waterstones and I'm sure that material will surface too. I managed to get a small video of him as he left the building, climbing into his silver Mercedes people carried (yes, they still favour those!).

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 4, 2010 08:21

paulywaul
[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

Well,they had to queue up for 18 hours, buy the book... Anyway, if anyone wants to pay that kind of money... It would have costed me 500$ to get to London, stay for one night,...not that I would pay for a signature from Keith though. I'd rather buy 3 tickets for the next tour.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 4, 2010 08:57

Follow this link for lots of pictures of Keith doing some serious posing at the book-signing:

[tunes.broadwayworld.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 4, 2010 08:58

VERY short piece about Keith's book signing at Waterstones
on evening news down here ... .... Showed Keith signing book
and saying one of the reason for writing the book was to shake off the junkie image ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 4, 2010 09:13

>> Keith doing some serious posing at the book-signing <<

LoFL! beautiful - thanks for the link, Green Lady!

Date: November 4, 2010 09:26

Great pictures indeed. Thanks

-------------------

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 4, 2010 09:35

crawdaddy
Is that young lady on the right of Keith at Waterstones,Addicted ???? Maybe ..........maybe not!Jane Rose I recognised(and spoke to once, didn't know who she was at the time) and once thought she posted on IORR .A face or two I recognise who probably do post on IORR.A good day seems to be had by all.Congratulations,and sleep well tonite after a long day. smileys with beer

I don't know, I wasn't there, you see, Crawdaddy!
And Angee: It was Tumbled who posted the twitter-pix, I just quoted him/her and pointed out where you could see The Worst having his book signed, and having a good laugh with Keith.
Packing my bags to go to Paris now. Might report from The City of Lights if something exciting happens...

Date: November 4, 2010 09:40

Addicted
Packing my bags to go to Paris now. Might report from The City of Lights if something exciting happens...

Have a safe trip. And it's not necessary to wait for exciting things to happen. We like to know everything that happens smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: November 4, 2010 09:41

Big thanks to Green Lady for postng those great pics.So glad that there is so much positive stuff on here about the fans going to the book signing and only a couple of negative comments.It all sounds like a fun day there and all in all the true fans got what they deserved.Keith needs to be in a relaxed atmosphere and surroundings while signing,chatting,posing for photos etc.otherwise he is going to make a quick exit after signing a few books.Sounds like Waterstones handled it well and hope all you guys out there had a good nights sleep afer a long day.Looking forward to seeing some pics.Cogratulations !!!! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 4, 2010 09:51

Rockman
VERY short piece about Keith's book signing at Waterstones
on evening news down here ... .... Showed Keith signing book
and saying one of the reason for writing the book was to shake off the junkie image ....

Thu Nov 4 2010 00:04:44
'Mick and I are still close'
Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards insists he and frontman Mick Jagger are still the best of friends.

Richards reveals all about the pair's rocky relationship in his new autobiography Life.

Launching the book in Central London, the legendary rocker said he had given the singer a preview copy and there was no rift between the two over occasionally scathing remarks that appear in the pages.

He said: "Mick and I are like that, you know. And we've said far worse about each other. I really cleaned it up.

"Guys don't work together for 50 years almost without having the odd contre-temps
Here is video
[itn.co.uk]

Date: November 4, 2010 09:59

Here is video

Thanks for that one proudmary... piece I saw had the same backdrop but was
a chap interviewing Keith ......Hey and thanks Green lady ...neat shots

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 4, 2010 10:00

Hi everyone,

Here's the first of a series of pix to come today of the book signing. I'm off to work in a minute but will continue posting through the day. Got about 25 shots.

It was so great to meet you guys...paulywaul, Beast, Welsh Stones, Mr Jimmy, Sonic Dreamer, ManOfWealthAndTaste, Lady Elizabeth Jagger and others. Hats off to Steven who got there on Monday at 3pm and stayed in the queue for 2 days. He's seend 400 Stones shows and is a bit of a legend. Anyway, here's pic No1.

Left to right, Matt Lee, Beast, Paulwaul, Mr Jimmy, Silver Dagger, and Welsh Stones with their signed books. Pic taken by ManOfWealthAndTaste.

Here's Steven who was No 1 in the queue and got a persoanlised signature and t-shirt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-04 20:44 by Silver Dagger.

Date: November 4, 2010 10:18

I recognise all you guys!! Last time I saw Welsh Stones was in the queue at the Astoria.Got sky news on in the background as I heard there is a short clip of the signing.Great to see the first pic rolling off the press.Keep 'em coming! smileys with beer

Date: November 4, 2010 10:28

Now those are the pictures I like. Thank you

-------------------

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: November 4, 2010 10:29

Hello,

Well done to all you guys who were able to put in the leg-work...great IORR team-photo too, hah-hah!

Cheers,

Si.

Date: November 4, 2010 10:32

Great shots ..... Thanks SilverDagger....congrats to you all...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 4, 2010 10:52

Harm
paulywaul
[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

Well,they had to queue up for 18 hours, buy the book... Anyway, if anyone wants to pay that kind of money... It would have costed me 500$ to get to London, stay for one night,...not that I would pay for a signature from Keith though. I'd rather buy 3 tickets for the next tour.

<<< Well,they had to queue up for 18 hours, buy the book ... >>>

Yeah yeah yeah, we know all that. The bit that pisses me off (as SoulPlunderer rightly points out) is that for every a**hole like that, whose interest is in nothing but scalping the signed copy, certainly not in the great man himself, a true Stones fan who cherishes his 30 seconds in front of Keith is possibly denied his/her place - due to the limitation in numbers. I'm sorry, but I find this just as disgusting as the whole ticket scalping business, but perhaps you don't ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-04 10:53 by paulywaul.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1263
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home