Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 17
Re: Ronnie Wood AND Mick Taylor guesting at the 100 Club.....
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 31, 2010 19:49

t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-31 19:53 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 31, 2010 19:52

kleermaker
Amsterdamned
Lightnin'

Well, it depends which songs they are supposed to perform. In terms of Stones licks, Taylor hasn't had an awful lot of practice for the last 36 years... Maybe apart from that one night in December '81 in Kansas City.

Have you heard Taylor on pms? 36 years after...as if he's never been away.
Hope he's in good health.

A 'reliable source' has told me he's still a chain smoker, so I have my doubts about his health.

Hope that source is wrong,otherwise:
Asking for an early grave so..how stupid can one be ?????????????

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: October 31, 2010 19:57

Amsterdamned
kleermaker
Amsterdamned
Lightnin'

Well, it depends which songs they are supposed to perform. In terms of Stones licks, Taylor hasn't had an awful lot of practice for the last 36 years... Maybe apart from that one night in December '81 in Kansas City.

A 'reliable source' has told me he's still a chain smoker, so I have my doubts about his health.

No Amsterdamned, I think that source is very well and directly informed (and it's also a 'Taylor friendly' person). So I'm afraid it's the (bad) truth.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: November 1, 2010 09:30

I will be there, I need another ticket for a friend
Sici

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 4, 2010 07:53

MOJO December 2010

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 4, 2010 08:13

18.505 <-> 500.000 £. Doesn't look very good.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 4, 2010 08:43

I need a ticket for this gig, so if any of you do have a spare please contact me. taaaaaaaaaaaa.

SonicD

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 4, 2010 09:52

Also looking for a spare ticket especially as it's another chance to meet lots of great IORRers, following on from yesterday's Keith signing at Waterstones.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 4, 2010 11:04

Silver Dagger
Also looking for a spare ticket especially as it's another chance to meet lots of great IORRers, following on from yesterday's Keith signing at Waterstones.

I don't have one either, expecting to be out of the country. If by some chance that changes and I'll be here, then it'll be a case of getting one on the door, so just get there early and line up. The gig is by no means sold out, the 100 Club ALWAYS leaves a proportion of its tickets available for purchase on the door on the night.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 4, 2010 12:03

Harm

Agreed, very disappointing. Regrettably, I can see this legendary venue going to the wall ... unless something extraordinary happens in the next few weeks.

Here's an idea. A certain well known guitarist in a long established rock n' roll band has recently made a few £££££££££££ or $$$$$$$$$$$$ with a freshly published autobiography, perhaps he could be tempted to inject some badly needed funds ? Or if he doesn't want to inject the funds, then maybe he can just round up the singer, the drummer, the bass player, the other guitarist .... and GET ON STAGE at the 100 Club !!

A twice weekly gig for all 52 weeks of 2011, that should do it !!

Dream on .....

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 4, 2010 12:26

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: November 4, 2010 15:31

Hope the Club can be saved.

I'm not a Londoner but all too many places like this are closing.

It's getting tougher and tougher on the live music scene whether it's the U.K., USA, Europe or wherever.........

Posted by: praline ()
Date: November 4, 2010 16:38

So if places are released on the day of the show, will there be a huge queue ?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 4, 2010 16:38

it may be tougher in usa, but not in austin. there are not daze in the week for live music here. it's a prob.

Date: November 4, 2010 17:29

praline
So if places are released on the day of the show, will there be a huge queue ?

Dunno about HUGE, but yes of course ... there will be a queue. And if I'm here, I'll be in it.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: November 4, 2010 17:42

What time do they release the last tickets? I am desperate to go!!

Date: November 4, 2010 18:08

mr_c_ox
What time do they release the last tickets? I am desperate to go!!

It's really quite simple, GET THERE EARLY !!

[www.wegottickets.com]

Please note - this ticket agency does NOT send out tickets, you have to print off the confirmation e-mail and bring it with you. They then inkmark your hand/wrist withn a rubber stamp.

There will be TWO categories of people queuing. (A) people who have printouts of their confirmation e-mail and simply want to get into the venue early, perhaps to secure a good spot or whatever, and (cool smiley those that need to buy a ticket there and then on the door.

The 100 Club typically opens its doors between 6:30 and 6:45, so just get there early and you should be OK. As I said, this venue sells a proportion of its tickets on the web, but it ALWAYS retains some for purchase on the door. what the percentage split is I do not know, hence the only advice I can give you is to turn up early and maximise your chances of getting one "on the door".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-04 18:08 by paulywaul.

Date: November 4, 2010 19:25

paulywaul
Harm

Agreed, very disappointing. Regrettably, I can see this legendary venue going to the wall ... unless something extraordinary happens in the next few weeks.

Here's an idea. A certain well known guitarist in a long established rock n' roll band has recently made a few £££££££££££ or $$$$$$$$$$$$ with a freshly published autobiography, perhaps he could be tempted to inject some badly needed funds ? Or if he doesn't want to inject the funds, then maybe he can just round up the singer, the drummer, the bass player, the other guitarist .... and GET ON STAGE at the 100 Club !!

A twice weekly gig for all 52 weeks of 2011, that should do it !!

Dream on .....

For some 500.000£ is just peanuts. So find 10 of these artists, let their wives wire 50.000£ each. They wouldn't even notice that.

Date: November 4, 2010 19:26

BTW: did anyone get their tickets yet?

Date: November 4, 2010 19:28

Harm

They don't send tickets out, look at my post three above this

Date: November 4, 2010 19:42

paulywaul
Harm

They don't send tickets out, look at my post three above this

Thank you Paul. Just read my ticket confirmation again.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: November 4, 2010 23:18

kleermaker
Amsterdamned
kleermaker
Amsterdamned
Lightnin'

No Amsterdamned, I think that source is very well and directly informed (and it's also a 'Taylor friendly' person). So I'm afraid it's the (bad) truth.

Well, today I heard from another 'very reliable source' that the other 'reliable source' isn't reliable at all and that the suggestion as if Taylor "is still a chain smoker" isn't right. I don't know the truth, but I wholeheartedly hope that the source that said that Taylor isn't a chain smoker is right. Actually I hope he isn't smoking any longer at all. But I don't dare to say anything about that. And as for 'reliable sources': I will never quote them again! One is never too old to learn.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: November 5, 2010 16:34

StonesTod
it may be tougher in usa, but not in austin. there are not daze in the week for live music here. it's a prob.

Don't quite understand the attempt at English there but yes I would say that the music scene in Austin is an anomaly compared to the rest of the country.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 5, 2010 16:55

kleermaker
Well, today I heard from another 'very reliable source' that the other 'reliable source' isn't reliable at all

LOL, life can be a bitch eh ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: paragoensia ()
Date: November 9, 2010 08:14

seems like Chris Barber is also confirmed

Date: November 9, 2010 10:41

kleermaker
kleermaker
Amsterdamned
kleermaker
Amsterdamned
Lightnin'

Well, today I heard from another 'very reliable source' that the other 'reliable source' isn't reliable at all and that the suggestion as if Taylor "is still a chain smoker" isn't right. I don't know the truth, but I wholeheartedly hope that the source that said that Taylor isn't a chain smoker is right. Actually I hope he isn't smoking any longer at all. But I don't dare to say anything about that. And as for 'reliable sources': I will never quote them again! One is never too old to learn.

Both could be right. He could have quit in the meantime winking smiley

Date: November 9, 2010 11:43

Arf, i was not aware of that show... do you know if this is definitely sold-out or if some few tickets will be put back for sale on the days before the show ?

Date: November 9, 2010 11:52

praline
Arf, i was not aware of that show... do you know if this is definitely sold-out or if some few tickets will be put back for sale on the days before the show ?

There will be some available on the day on the door, but GET THERE EARLY ... see my post about ten above this one.

Date: November 9, 2010 12:47

Ok thanks for the info... but not sure i'll travel to London for tickets I might have.

Date: November 9, 2010 13:22

praline
Ok thanks for the info... but not sure i'll travel to London for tickets I might have.

The 100 Club is one of those places that in my experience ALWAYS reserves a certain quantity of tickets for sale on the door on the night itself, it does not relinquish the ENTIRE quota of tickets for sale online. The only thing I can suggest, as I've said in my previous post, is get there early enough to be one of the first people in line when they open the doors, that SHOULD enable you to get a ticket and get in. But as you say, there's no guarantees, so ........... ?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home