Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17
Re: Ronnie Wood AND Mick Taylor guesting at the 100 Club.....
Posted by: BradleyJennas ()
Date: January 13, 2011 18:57

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-17 13:03 by BradleyJennas.

Date: January 23, 2011 20:23

Went to see Saint Jude at the 100 Club last night and thought it would be an opportunity to find out whether the club has been saved or simply had a temporary reprieve. Easier said than done!
I asked the DJ what was the latest news on the subject - "I have been coming here since 1977 and love the place, but I am only the DJ and no-one tells me anything. I hope it does stay open and the new owners spend some money on improving the state of the gents!". Next up was Saint Jude's manager, he might know - "Not sure what the current situation is, but it is ridiculous the way things have been. This place has a licence until 3.00am and yet most nights it is shut at 11.00".
So, we enjoyed the gig, Lynne Jackaman being on particularly fine form, singing with great passion. Sadly, Adam Greene was absent and his guitar skills were missed! Time to leave and we are waiting to pick up coats when, hold on...isn't that Stephen Dale Petit coming towards us?! It was and we said hi and commented how much we enjoyed his gig and asked whether it had contributed to help save the club or not. I think he knew more than he was prepared to say....."It helped raise awareness and delay the closure pending the consideration of offers.Nothing is definite, but expect an announcement within the next day or so". We chatted for a bit longer,exited into the cold night air and went our separate ways along Oxford Street.

Mission not really accomplished, but fun trying to find out. The fact that gigs are advertised on the 100 Club listings for some months to come must be a positive thing at least!

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: January 28, 2011 09:16

Interesting post, MOWAT

Just wanted to bump this thread also. Has anyone heard anything about a possible tv or audio broadcast of the SDP / RW / MT gig? A possible Channel 4 programme sometime in January was the last I heard.

Cheers,
WLy

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: January 30, 2011 13:36

(Bump)

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 15, 2011 12:53

100 Club saved by Converse deal

Legendary London venue that helped launch the Sex Pistols to remain open thanks to shoe company sponsorship

Sean Michaels

Tuesday 15 February 2011 10.21 GMT

Saved from closure ... 100 Club strikes sponsorship deal with Converse trainers. Photograph: Martin Godwin for the Guardian
The 100 Club has been saved, not by punks, politicians or Paul McCartney, but by a company that makes trainers. The legendary London music venue has signed a sponsorship deal with Converse, teaming up to "introduce it to a new generation".

"With Converse we have literally found the perfect partner," 100 Club owner Jeff Horton told Xfm. "I don't think I could have cherry-picked [a] better [company]." Although Horton declined to reveal details of the Converse deal, he said that under the agreement the venue's "mid-term future is certainly saved" – and he is "90% confident" in the 100 Club's long-term prospects. More importantly, he insisted, the club will remain independent. "They're not interested in ownership, they're not interested in shareholding ... They just want to stand alongside us as our partners, to make sure that our club coexists with them and through them."

It is still not clear what this means. The venue will not be changing its name to the Converse 100 Club, according to Xfm, but the shoe company will want some kind of return for their investment. "[Converse] wanted to give us a hand," Horton said. "They were the first people to come and see me and ask if they could do anything to help ... The fact that the club will remain independent [is what] appeals to them so much."

Horton certainly needed help. Amid rising costs, higher rent and lower revenues, the venue that helped launch acts such as the Sex Pistols was on the verge of closure. Though support poured in from pop stars, and more than 19,000 people on Facebook, the club's future was in doubt. "I found myself in a position of absolutely needing someone to step up to the plate," Horton said, "but I also needed to find somebody who would suit everybody who campaigned so hard to keep the club open."

With Converse, Horton hopes, he has found that benevolent benefactor. "It's a very cool brand," he said. "I think it dovetails into what the club is about perfectly ... The club's going to be here for another 68 years, hopefully."

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Date: February 15, 2011 13:00

That is great news....and a neat arrangement whereby, hoepfully, the essence of the club will remain unchanged.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 15, 2011 13:00

Great news, but er ... kind of struggling here to invisage the nature of an investment return to a SHOE company out of all bizarre things ? Maybe we'll all be required to take our shoes off at the front door and hang about inside decked out in Converse trainers ?? winking smiley winking smiley winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-15 15:35 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 15, 2011 13:04

Excellent news Beast and good to hear from you. Converse of course have a great connection to the Rolling Stones as they are one of Keith's favourite shoe brands and he wore them a lot on the 40 Licks and Bigger Bang tours.

Date: February 15, 2011 13:09

Silver Dagger
Excellent news Beast and good to hear from you. Converse of course have a great connection to the Rolling Stones as they are one of Keith's favourite shoe brands and he wore them a lot on the 40 Licks and Bigger Bang tours.

Well ................... why didn'cha say so before ?? NOW I get it !!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 15, 2011 15:13

Excellent news!

Maybe they'll be rounding up a few Converse-wearing celebs for a special gig?

(Well, we can dream, can't we)

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 15, 2011 17:18

paulywaul
Great news, but er ... kind of struggling here to invisage the nature of an investment return to a SHOE company out of all bizarre things ? Maybe we'll all be required to take our shoes off at the front door and hang about inside decked out in Converse trainers ?? winking smiley winking smiley winking smiley
More likely that they'll have advertisng plastered all over the place. But good to hear that the club appears to be saved.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: February 22, 2011 19:46

This is a very realistic (and somewhat depressing) article about the state of the live music scene - as regards smaller venues - in the UK at the moment, and makes mention of the 100 Club of course, and attempts to save it from closure.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: May 20, 2011 12:19

Mail from cd japan, cancelled DVD and CD of the show

Hello.

I'm sending you this email to let you know that we just received an update from the Columbia Japan informing us that the release of the CD below will be cancelled, unfortunately.

SAVE THE 100 CLUB CONCERT: Stephen Dale Petit featuring [DVD+2CD / Limited Edition]
Stephen Dale Petit featuring Ronnie Wood & Mick Taylor
Release Date: 2010/06/08
Catalog Number: VQBD-10034

Your CDJapan order has therefore been cancelled.

We are sorry for the inconvenience

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: May 20, 2011 15:30

Sici
Mail from cd japan, cancelled DVD and CD of the show

Hello.

I'm sending you this email to let you know that we just received an update from the Columbia Japan informing us that the release of the CD below will be cancelled, unfortunately.

SAVE THE 100 CLUB CONCERT: Stephen Dale Petit featuring [DVD+2CD / Limited Edition]
Stephen Dale Petit featuring Ronnie Wood & Mick Taylor
Release Date: 2010/06/08
Catalog Number: VQBD-10034

Your CDJapan order has therefore been cancelled.

We are sorry for the inconvenience

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

on their website it says "postponed"...

maybe ther'es some hope for this release left?
CrazyMama

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 20, 2011 23:34

There might be problems because of the earthquake/tsunami.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: June 4, 2012 12:56

Some news for this official DVD?
Sici

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 4, 2012 13:26

2. Spoonful

3. Stop Breaking Down/Crossroads

4. Steppin' Out

5. Shakin`All Over

You can see these video's @
[www.qello.com]

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: August 1, 2013 17:00

what the fack?!?

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: February 1, 2020 01:00

I'm trying to get it, any informations about this ? Thanks.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 1, 2020 02:13

Would much rather hear Wood and Taylor do a 70s style rock n roll album than ever hearing another Chicago blues album.Stay with me meets All down the line.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: February 1, 2020 16:40

Taylor1
Would much rather hear Wood and Taylor do a 70s style rock n roll album than ever hearing another Chicago blues album.Stay with me meets All down the line.

Me too! Those two have unfinished businessthumbs up

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 1, 2020 17:32

S.T.P

Even if this is my favorite statement in the metoo-debate so far, their business might remain unfinished.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: February 1, 2020 17:40

windmelody
S.T.P

Even if this is my favorite statement in the metoo-debate so far, their business might remain unfinished.

Ha hagrinning smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 16, 2022 18:02

Was the Save the 100 Club concert ever officially released? I know there was talk of it at some point, but I've never been able to find anything online about it.

Date: December 9, 2022 16:56

VoodooLounge13
Was the Save the 100 Club concert ever officially released? I know there was talk of it at some point, but I've never been able to find anything online about it.

Bumping this back up as I didn't see an answer and someone must know. I have had it down on my wishlist for a long time, but if it was never released, then I can take it off! LOL

Date: January 21, 2023 21:17

Bumping again. Does anyone know if the Saving the 100 Club gig was ever officially released? I recall there being talk of it being done a few years back.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: January 22, 2023 20:32

Date: January 23, 2023 03:15

Thanks for that article, riccardo. Much appreciated. I am inquiring about if the video of that concert was ever officially released. I recall it being talked about some years ago on here but I’ve never been able to find any sort of release for it, official or otherwise.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: January 23, 2023 08:52

Date: January 23, 2023 16:53

riccardo99
[www.hotwacks.com]

thumbs up Thanks riccardo!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617
Current Page: 17 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home