Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 17
Re: Ronnie Wood AND Mick Taylor guesting at the 100 Club.....
Date: November 25, 2010 12:40

praline
Green Lady
The website certainly says DOOR: SOLD OUT.

That was not the case 1 week ago so I wonder where those tickets have gone...

...eBay, off course! 150 £ a piece, remember...

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 25, 2010 12:44

Adrian-L
more importantly, strong rumours are circulating that the venue has secured a sponsor, and will hopefully continue trading into 2011. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Really ? Haven't heard this. Tell us more, tell us more .... please. That would be great news.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 25, 2010 13:11

Adrian-L
more importantly, strong rumours are circulating that the venue has secured a sponsor, and will hopefully continue trading into 2011. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Please not the 'O2 100 Club' or the 'HMV 100 Club'.......aaargh!

Date: November 25, 2010 13:15

Manofwealthandtaste
Adrian-L

Or worse than either of those, the 'LIVE NATION 100 Club'. Woe betide ...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 25, 2010 13:17

paulywaul
Manofwealthandtaste
Adrian-L

Or worse than either of those, the 'LIVE NATION 100 Club'. Woe betide ...

Simon Cowell's X-100 Club?

Date: November 25, 2010 18:47

Looks like The Pretty Things are also on the Bill......

John Morter Heads Up Viral Campaign For Stephen Dale Petit's 100 Club Single

Exactly a year to the day after launching the chart and X Factor-defying Rage Against The Machine’s Christmas No 1 campaign, The Cake’s John Morter joins the campaign to save London’s threatened 100 Club.

Universal Music distributed 333 Records today announced that Jon Morter, self-proclaimed ‘ripper of social media’, will oversee the viral campaign to chart Stephen Dale Petit’s 100 Club charity single 'Need Your Love So Bad' taken from his acclaimed 'The Crave' album.

New blues pioneer Petit is also the man behind the upcoming sold out December 1st benefit gig at the 100 Club.

The December 1st show features Petit with star guests including Ronnie Wood, Mick Taylor (and rumoured others), The Pretty Things and legendary Jazz trombonist and British Blues Boom founder, octogenarian Chris Barber.

Morter is the latest in a rapidly growing list of names who are uniting to pledge support for the club currently threatened by closure due to massive rate and rent increases. Other committed supporters include a Cabinet Minister, iconic photographer David Bailey and Britain’s greatest living pop artist Sir Peter Blake.

Chart pundits are watching for an historic chart entry as ALL proceeds from Petit’s appropriately-named single 'Need Your Love So Bad' (already garnering vital national airplay on BBC Radio 2) will go to the Club’s rescue fund.

Jon Morter regards this as an important a campaign as RATM’s and has a 100 Club Facebook Campaign Army of over 20,000 to call upon to buy the single in its first week of release. It could be the highest Blues single chart New Entry EVER.

Posted by: BradleyJennas ()
Date: November 25, 2010 20:11

I guess one of the best places to look for updates on ticket sales would surely be SDP's website? Which coincidentally has looks like he has just completely updated his site! Cool Site.

www.stephendalepetit.com

Also does anybody know who the alleged sponsor is yet?!

Date: November 25, 2010 20:17

Also in aid of the 100 club:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 25, 2010 20:52

Jeez, that'll be the Pretty 'Thangs' twice for me in less than three weeks, they're back at the 100 Club on December 17th. Yikes.

All power to Stephen Dale Petit, he seems to have mobilised the troops and also the list of guests is growing, so by all accounts it should be a really good night.

I've been looking on ebay for these supposed tickets for this gig that some unscrupulous types were reported to be selling, but have to say I couldn't find any, dunno what that means ........ maybe they WERE there but have all gone already ??

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 25, 2010 21:11

BradleyJennas
I guess one of the best places to look for updates on ticket sales would surely be SDP's website? Which coincidentally has looks like he has just completely updated his site! Cool Site.

www.stephendalepetit.com

It does say "Remaining tickets on sale the week of the show" - but the £35 question is: are there any remaining?! Very cool site! It definitely wasn't like that last week. I like that the old one is even archived and accessible via the "Museum". Sounds as if Stephen Dale Petit may have already worked some wonders for saving the 100 Club - let's hope so. I'm really looking forward to this gig.

Date: November 26, 2010 17:33

paulywaul
I've been looking on ebay for these supposed tickets for this gig that some unscrupulous types were reported to be selling, but have to say I couldn't find any, dunno what that means ........ maybe they WERE there but have all gone already ??

Ive seen them on there over the course of the past three weeks or so. Bastards really, considering the whole show is for charity!

It is a very cool website definitely! I think it was updated in the last day or so. Ive signed up, so maybe you will get updates quicker and more directly from him?!

Date: November 26, 2010 19:01

paulywaul
Jeez, that'll be the Pretty 'Thangs' twice for me in less than three weeks, they're back at the 100 Club on December 17th. Yikes.

It isn't the Pretty Things playing on december 1st. Its just Dick Taylor playing bass for Stephen Dale Petit. Something he did for SDP at High Voltage Festival this year, and previous to that, something he hadn't done since being a founder member of the rolling stones.

Date: November 27, 2010 11:34

BradleyJennas
paulywaul

It isn't the Pretty Things playing on december 1st. Its just Dick Taylor playing bass for Stephen Dale Petit. Something he did for SDP at High Voltage Festival this year, and previous to that, something he hadn't done since being a founder member of the rolling stones.

I stand corrected in that case. Sounds just fine to me though. Roll on Wednesday next week .......

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 27, 2010 18:37

So is it a DONE DEAL? Did Ronnie and Mick T show up and play? Or are they? How done of a deal is it? Can the deal be sweetened somehow to get 'er done? Or has it become overdone? Or has it always been underdone? Do we need to get Rocky and Bullwinkle on it?

Date: November 27, 2010 22:51

skipstone
So is it a DONE DEAL? Did Ronnie and Mick T show up and play? Or are they? How done of a deal is it? Can the deal be sweetened somehow to get 'er done? Or has it become overdone? Or has it always been underdone? Do we need to get Rocky and Bullwinkle on it?

Er .... I should take "a little more water with it" as the saying goes. WTF ?

Date: November 29, 2010 09:46

Have two tickets for the gig at the 100 club. ( ronnie wood and mick taylor). Send me an email.

Tickets for normal price ( I'm not a scalper)

email : patrick.aernouts-van.gils@telenet.be

Date: November 29, 2010 14:32

Don't know if anyone has been following this at all?

[www.facebook.com]

SDP is really going for it to save the club!

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 29, 2010 15:34

patfromflandresfield
Have two tickets for the gig at the 100 club. ( ronnie wood and mick taylor). Send me an email.

email : [email protected]

Patrick, I need one ticket and have e-mailed you.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: November 29, 2010 15:54

Paulywaul, what part of that is WTF? Other than the DONE DEAL bits I mean.

Date: November 29, 2010 16:02

skipstone

I didn't really understand what you were going on about in all honesty. Firstly, you say this .........

<<< Did Ronnie and Mick T show up and play ? >>>

That's the past tense. This show isn't until the day after tomorrow, so er ... that's the future.

And as for this lot ........

<<< How done of a deal is it ? Can the deal be sweetened somehow to get 'er done ? Or has it become overdone ? Or has it always been underdone ? Do we need to get Rocky and Bullwinkle on it ? >>>

You've lost me, totally lost me. Hence the 'WTF', I wasn't being rude, I was just saying WTF ..... as in WTF is skipstone going on about ???? Maybe I'm very stupid, or maybe you're being slyly obtuse and I just don't get it ????

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: November 29, 2010 17:12

I wonder where Mick J is these days. Any chance that he'll show up? smiling smiley

Date: November 29, 2010 18:36

More news, just in........
[www.stereoboard.com]

Peter Blake Joins 100 Club Fight

In the first cover for a Club that he’s created since Sgt Pepper's, Sir Peter Blake has joined the campaign to Save London's 100 Club.

The artist (pictured left with event organiser, the US-born blues guitarist Stephen Dale Petit) has designed the cover for a special limited edition Souvenir Programme for 1st December's 100 Club Benefit night.

In addition to Stephen Dale Petit, the night stars special guests Chris Barber and Rolling Stones Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood.

“Clubs like this – and the 100 Club is the crème de la crème – must be allowed to continue” says Sir Peter “I well remember going along there in the 60s to hear Cyril Davies and Alexis Korner and the embryonic Rolling Stones performing Chuck Berry songs”.

Sir Peter’s bold and striking signed design will adorn the cover of a limited edition souvenir programme to be sold at the 100 Club event which is being staged at the iconic venue this Wednesday night. The programme also features many hitherto unavailable historic photographs of the myriad legendary performers at the venue and is certain to become a ‘must have’ item for arts and music connoisseurs alike.

As well as a stellar guest line-up onstage, the event is attracting a cross section of celebrities and fans all united in a desire to rescue the venue from closure. A benefit single, recorded by Stephen Dale Petit Need Your Love So Bad (Save The 100 Club) will also be launched at the show and is expected to enter high in the single charts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-29 21:33 by Manofwealthandtaste.

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: November 29, 2010 20:01

Manofwealthandtaste
There will also be a paid for, live web streaming available for fans who can’t get to the gig in the UK and around the world.

Is there any further information on this live web streaming? or is it just a rumour?

CrazyMama

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 29, 2010 21:01

It will be a fun evening....good music, MT, RW, nice souvernir programme.......and who knows what else

Date: November 29, 2010 21:56

paulywaul
skipstone

I didn't really understand what you were going on about in all honesty. Firstly, you say this .........

<<< Did Ronnie and Mick T show up and play ? >>>

That's the past tense. This show isn't until the day after tomorrow, so er ... that's the future.

And as for this lot ........

<<< How done of a deal is it ? Can the deal be sweetened somehow to get 'er done ? Or has it become overdone ? Or has it always been underdone ? Do we need to get Rocky and Bullwinkle on it ? >>>

You've lost me, totally lost me. Hence the 'WTF', I wasn't being rude, I was just saying WTF ..... as in WTF is skipstone going on about ???? Maybe I'm very stupid, or maybe you're being slyly obtuse and I just don't get it ????

Ahh! I see. No, I didn't think you were being rude and if my response came off as that, my apologies, it certainly wasn't intended that way! It's a heavily handed wink and nod to someone that always runs off "DONE DEAL" and I hadn't really looked/read to see if the gig had happened or not so I was just having some fun with it. Off my rocker, indeed, on purpose, yes.

Date: November 30, 2010 12:01

email : patrick.aernouts-van.gils@telenet.be

the tickets were bought :

first : Sara Ansah and second : Guy Retallack

Date: November 30, 2010 13:42

Norbert
Manofwealthandtaste
There will also be a paid for, live web streaming available for fans who can’t get to the gig in the UK and around the world.

Is there any further information on this live web streaming? or is it just a rumour?

CrazyMama

It is definitely happening. I advise keeping an eye on SDP's website (www.stephendalepetit.com)

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: November 30, 2010 18:30

Ronnie on stage at the 100 Club (with Saint Jude).

Posted by: chowhowshun ()
Date: November 30, 2010 18:48

I may have 1 spare ticket to this show for sale, but it depends on a friend's situation which I can't tell for sure until around 3 pm tomorrow. I am selling it for £40 (which is what I paid for it) if it's available by then. Anybody who's interested please text me at 07512372601. Please note that I do not have access to Internet for the next 36 hours so I cannot answer reply on this forum. I work & sleep irregular hours and cannot answer my phone. So, PLEASE DON'T CALL. Just text; and I'll reply as soon as I obtain clearance from my friend. Thanks, Peter

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 30, 2010 19:16

Why couldn't they save the club in the summer? Damn cold

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1808
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home