Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 17
Re: Ronnie Wood AND Mick Taylor guesting at the 100 Club.....
Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: November 9, 2010 15:07

I've "persuaded" work to let me leave at 12 that day. I'll get to the 100 Club by 1.30. Too early, not early enough? any advice?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 9, 2010 15:40

mr_c_ox
I've "persuaded" work to let me leave at 12 that day. I'll get to the 100 Club by 1.30. Too early, not early enough? any advice?

That should do it for sure. Good luck, hope you score a ticket. Like I said, there's no guarantees, but every single event without fail that I've ever attended there over the years has always involved some tickets being sold there and then on the door on the day of the event - but ONLY when the doors open. The place is locked up typically until around 6:30 pm, when staff get in. There's no box office that's open during the day.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 9, 2010 15:48

mr_c_ox

What paulywaul says is true but you might also want to think about calling the 100 Club to check that the policy is going to be the same as usual for that night.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: November 9, 2010 16:40

good ideas, Thanks all

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 9, 2010 17:24

I suspect Ronnie will not be there.

Posted by: praline ()
Date: November 9, 2010 17:41

Rocky Dijon
I suspect Ronnie will not be there.

Ronnie has been playing there a few times (played there a few months ago with Saint jude), and is sometimes in the audience (that's basically where he met Ana A.).

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 9, 2010 20:31

I'm aware of that, I just don't think he will share a stage with Taylor to back this particular headliner.

Posted by: BradleyJennas ()
Date: November 11, 2010 17:06

Was wondering if anyone saw this on BBC London News the other night?

Petit talking about the gig and his new single.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 11, 2010 18:48

Mick Taylor is not a guestplayer?

Date: November 11, 2010 19:07

Maybe he's one of the "others yet to be confirmed"?

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: November 11, 2010 23:32

hot stuff
Lets hope Woodie and Taylor get on and tour together..

Yes, with Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts and Darryl under the name the Rolling Stones with a new album, Woody and Taylor two guitarists that can play that would be awesome!

Date: November 12, 2010 10:30

That BBC London news article highlights the uniqueness of the 100 Club very well. Good to see that the threat of its closure is getting publicity and will hopefully result in its salvation.
Anyway, looking forward to seeing Stephen Dale Petit and whomever he has as guests will be an added bonus!

Date: November 15, 2010 22:08

Got my "100 club" T-shirt today

Date: November 15, 2010 22:20

New Blues pioneer Stephen Dale Petit has announced the donation of all proceeds from his forthcoming single, the appropriately titled ‘Need Your Love So Bad’, to the Save The 100 Club campaign.

The single is taken from his new album ‘The Crave’ and is now officially titled ‘Need Your Love So Bad (Save The 100 Club)’. Released on December 6th it is expected to sell heavily to a fast-growing and proactive grassroots movement which includes nearly 20,000 Facebook supporters.

The release follows Stephen Dale Petit’s December 1st 100 Club Benefit gig at the 100 club featuring Rolling Stones’ guitarists Ronnie Wood and Mick Taylor and a rare live appearance from octogenarian British Blues Boom architect, jazz trombonist Chris Barber.

In the early 1960s, Chris Barber (along with blues trailblazers Alexis Korner and John Mayall) was directly responsible for encouraging young hopefuls like Eric Clapton, Peter Green and members of The Rolling Stones. He helped ferment the British Blues explosion that in turn resulted in the British Blues Invasion exported back to the USA in the mid-late ‘60s.

Organiser Petit enthuses “It’s fantastic that Chris Barber’s coming down to play – he’s one of the Godfathers of modern British music and his connections to the 100 Club are deep and longstanding.” More names for December 1st will be announced in coming weeks.

Date: November 16, 2010 14:07

Rocky Dijon
I'm aware of that, I just don't think he will share a stage with Taylor to back this particular headliner.

You seem awfully sure of your doubts? Why? Are you aware that Ronnie and, "this particular headliner," were spotted having dinner together in London last week?! And surely as the gig is a benefit for the 100 club, thats what all the musicians are backing, including Ronnie.

Date: November 16, 2010 14:08

Btw, Mick Taylor is playing for deffo. Just a mistake from the BBC that he wasn't mentioned.

Date: November 17, 2010 18:28

BradleyJennas
Btw, Mick Taylor is playing for deffo. Just a mistake from the BBC that he wasn't mentioned.
Thank you very much. That's what I want to hear.......

Date: November 24, 2010 16:57

A 'whole host of guest musicians are expected to attend' and for those not able to get there a 'paid for live web stream will be available'. Here's the full article which includes a brief history of the 100 Club -

PREVIEW: AN EXCLUSIVE BEHIND-THE-BAR LOOK AT THE ICONIC 100 CLUB

Monday November 22,2010
BEHIND an unremarkable door on London’s Oxford Street, in the basement below the glitzy shops is a venue that was described by Aerosmith's Joe Perry as "the finest rock'n'roll club in the world".

Continuously in use as a live venue since 1943 and run by three generations of the Horton Family throughout its most important years, the campaign to save London’s 100 Club, possibly the most significant music venue left in Britain and the oldest continually used live venue in the world, has stepped up a pace.

Already backed by the likes of Sir Mick Jagger and Liam Gallagher, the legendary venue will host on December 1st, a gig by London based American blues guitarist, Stephen Dale Petit. What’s more, Petit will be joined on stage by Chris Barber, the man credited with sparking off the British blues revival, when he booked American blues acts at the club in the 1960s. This in turn, led to bands such as the Rolling Stones, the Yardbirds and others and led the way for British blues and rock to lead the world.

Petit will also be joined on stage by Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood, who replaced Taylor in the Rolling Stones some years ago. A whole host of other guest musicians are expected to attend the gig in aid of the venue, which is being crippled by a huge hike in rent and business rates.

Current owner, Jeff Horton, told Express.co.uk that with business rates and rents rising by a huge percentage, and VAT and duty affecting bar sales, prospects for the club were not good despite the fact its popularity has not declined in any way.

Petit first became aware of the 100 Club back in the United States, when he was 14-years-old. Though he was aware that the blues music that he loved had originated in the United States, he was, “aware of how the British blues boom had happened.

"I knew about Lonnie Donegan and Skiffle and I knew about Chris Barber. I knew about Cyril Davies, Ken Collyer and Alexis Korner, I knew about John Mayall obviously and part of that story is the 100 Club." It’s almost impossible to overestimate the cultural importance of the 100 Club to British music. It’s not just the rock and blues scene that have found the place to be seminal. It’s the spiritual home of punk and the lunchtime reggae sessions there were legendary.

Roy Williams, owner of Nervous Records, Europe’s leading rockabilly label, said: “The 100 Club is one of the very select few venues in London where a band is proud to say they have played. It’s almost a right of passage. As a record label, I am proud to say that I have an album titled, “Live at the 100 Club”.

"It was an important venue for the Psychobilly Scene in so much as a support spot at the 100 Club immediately established your band. As a punter, it is great - you are right in there with the band. You could feel the history of the place, so many important people have played there. I saw Arthur “Big Boy” Crudup” at the 100 Club and I could have reached out and touched him."

Stephen Dale Petit’s “All Star” Benefit for the 100 Club is on the 1st December 2010 and - although advance tickets are changing hands at over £150 on eBay - tickets will be available on the door with all profits going to the “Save the 100 Club Campaign”. There will also be a paid for, live web streaming available for fans who can’t get to the gig in the UK and around the world.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: November 24, 2010 18:02

behroez
hot stuff
Lets hope Woodie and Taylor get on and tour together..

Yes, with Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts and Darryl under the name the Rolling Stones with a new album, Woody and Taylor two guitarists that can play that would be awesome!

Yeah, like that's gonna happen!eye rolling smiley

Date: November 24, 2010 18:04

Great news that those without a ticket are still in with a chance on the door - and can otherwise tune in via the web.

Date: November 24, 2010 18:11

<<< Stephen Dale Petit’s “All Star” Benefit for the 100 Club is on the 1st December 2010 and - although advance tickets are changing hands at over £150 on eBay - tickets will be available on the door with all profits going to the “Save the 100 Club Campaign”. >>>

What a f***ing surprise !! God how I HATE these people !!

Thank heavens some tickets will be still available on the door on the night, good to see that the 100 Club is honouring its age old tradition of not selling the ENTIRE quota of tickets online. There are several people who have posted in this thread that still need tickets ... music to your ears I bet ?

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: November 24, 2010 18:34

Jim Driver said they were sold out. He also said the Stones may appear, although of course we take that rumour with a pinch of salt.

Anyway, I'ev got my tickets - can't wait!

Date: November 24, 2010 21:19

I go every week to the 100 club. I asked 2 different staff if tickets would be put on sale on the day: they both said that no, everything is sold out as it was for the Sex Pistols Tribute, where no extra tickets were released.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 24, 2010 21:23

The website certainly says DOOR: SOLD OUT.

Date: November 24, 2010 21:30

OK, well I just responding to what it said in the text of Manofwealthandtaste's post a few up from this, which is that some tickets would still be available on the door. But if as the three posts directly above this infer, that in fact it IS entirely sold out and NONE will be available on the door, then that's too bad.

Date: November 24, 2010 22:06

Green Lady

That was not the case 1 week ago so I wonder where those tickets have gone...

Date: November 24, 2010 23:18

praline
Green Lady

That was not the case 1 week ago so I wonder where those tickets have gone...

Keith's kids, Mick jagger's kids,...you know, the family and friends winking smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 25, 2010 10:37

It would be a real shame if the 100 Club have broken that tradition of selling some tickets on the night.Many regular users of the club may have hoped for this option if they hadn't got a ticket. confused smiley

Date: November 25, 2010 11:25

crawdaddy
It would be a real shame if the 100 Club have broken that tradition of selling some tickets on the night.Many regular users of the club may have hoped for this option if they hadn't got a ticket. confused smiley

Yep, agree. I've personally NEVER in fact known them break that tradition, I'm not even sure they broke it for major gigs like say Chuck Berry a little while ago, I do believe they retained some even for that - to sell at the door on the night. Because of its particular location (on Oxford Street) and strong "walk in" history, tickets on the door have ALWAYS been a distinct feature of that venue, but like everything else in life, maybe that too is changing ........ ?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 25, 2010 12:26

more importantly, strong rumours are circulating that the venue has secured a sponsor, and will hopefully continue trading into 2011. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2625
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home