Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17
Re: Ronnie Wood AND Mick Taylor guesting at the 100 Club.....
Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: December 1, 2010 15:59

Manofwealthandtaste
Hey Mr Jimmy.......will see you standing in line at The Royal George.

Well alright...!! Very much looking forward to it.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 1, 2010 16:18

flairville
Regarding my post before, tickets have now gone. Have a blast I'm gutted not be going and seeing all the usual suspects!

Ben, glad u got rid of the tickets, but sad not to be sharing fun & frolicks with ya in our beloved 100 Club this evening. Till next time, keep well mate ... and congrats once again to you & the girlfriend on your first born.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 1, 2010 17:01

Dunno about Oxford Street but here in West London we have NO SNOW at all despite most of Surrey and Kent being snowed in.

Have a great time tonight, folks!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 1, 2010 17:19

To the people that are going to the 100 Club tonight: have a great time and enjoy all together! Give my greetings to Mick and Ronnie.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 1, 2010 17:25

According to one promoter who used the venue, Jim Driver, the 100 Club may have been saved. This is from an email he sent out to subscribers an hour ago.

Hi,

This is the weekly email from Jim Driver and the Rhythm at... team. To leave this email list, follow the instructions at the bottom of this email.

It looks like the 100 Club will be saved...
In an exchange of emails last week, I was told by 100 Club owner Jeff Horton, "I'm confident I will reach agreement with a potential sponsor very soon."

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 1, 2010 17:28

I thought I was joking about the "X-100 Club"....

[www.nme.com]

Ray Davies: 'Simon Cowell should save 100 Club'

Songwriting legend thinks the music mogul should help to stop the venue from closing

Ray Davies thinks that music mogul Simon Cowell should help to save London's 100 Club.

The basement venue on Oxford Street, which has seen performances from the likes of The Kinks, The Clash, Oasis, David Bowie and Bob Dylan, could soon be shut down due to spiralling overhead costs.

"Simon Cowell should underwrite the money needed to save the 100 Club," Davies told SpinnerMusic.co.uk. "That would be a real payback. The amount of money he takes out of pop music he could put some back in."

"I'm very concerned about the 100 Club," Davies continued. "The Kinks played there and it's such an iconic venue we shouldn't allow things like that to close down. Everything is being overrun by the chain stores and the conglomerates and it such a pity that the 100 Club has to suffer like that."

The legendary songwriter also revealed that his own Konk Studios are facing closure due to decreasing recording budgets and increasing overheads.

"The running costs have gone up and recording budgets from record companies have gone down and people record in a different way now," he explained. "Whereas people would go into record for six weeks, now they'll go in for maybe two days to lay down the drums and then do all the rest on recording programmes in their bedrooms at home."

Despite such potential closures and reducing budgets, Davies still believes that there is a way for bands to break through on their own.

"Even with X Factor and Britain's Got Talent there's a little band rehearsing in a garage somewhere waiting to break through on their own without any of that stuff," he said. "That's what I'm looking forward to hearing."

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 1, 2010 17:38

I've just got back from my local train station: no Victoria service in either direction, no Charing Cross trains at the present time and a very limited Cannon Street service. sad smiley

Good luck and have a blast to all those going! smileys with beer

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 1, 2010 19:17

flairville
Regarding my post before, tickets have now gone. Have a blast I'm gutted not be going and seeing all the usual suspects!

Same from me. Due to unforseen personal circumstances , I can't make it either . Been looking forward to this since Flairville scored the tickets............gutted.

I hope you all have a blast. Photos,reports and recordings...... PLEASE !

SC UK

P.S. Time to celebrate the birth of another generation of Stones fan !

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: December 1, 2010 20:11

Have a blast, all of you who make it there and get in. You have a responsibility to party hard on behalf of all of the rest of us who can't make it. Enjoy, you lucky b*st*rds!

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: December 1, 2010 20:23

BradleyJennas
Norbert
Manofwealthandtaste
There will also be a paid for, live web streaming available for fans who can’t get to the gig in the UK and around the world.

Is there any further information on this live web streaming? or is it just a rumour?

CrazyMama

It is definitely happening. I advise keeping an eye on SDP's website (www.stephendalepetit.com)

I'm getting nervous...any news regarding the live web streaming? - still nothing new on Stephen Dale Petit's website...any help is highly appreciated...
CrazyMama

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 1, 2010 22:24

I'm sure the gig is gonna be a gas.Hope some lucky people will get a ticket on the door.Hope the transport is running o.k. after the gig.I'm in Spain till Christmas but would definately have been there if I was back home.Have a good one everybody. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: December 2, 2010 00:38

Updates??????????????? Please.........................

Date: December 2, 2010 02:51

Just back from the gig and all I can say right now is that it was incredible. Ronnie, Mick Taylor, Dick Taylor, Chris Barber and Stephen Dale Petit - all superb.
I took about 75 shots from the front row and will upload tomorrow hopefully.

Met paulywaul, Beast, Sonic Dreamer, Mr Jimmy and Manofwealthandtaste there and we were all together moreorless at the front and in the middle.

There were 2 sets, Stephen Dale Petit did a slow blues set first and then came back on with different band to introduce Mick Taylor who looked like the elder statesman that he is. He looked better than I've seen him of late, in fact moreorless like a 30yr older version of that cherub faced boy from the Stones' golden years.

Chris Barber then came on and played solos on a couple of slow blues, one a Willie Dixon song incorrectly introduced as a Muddy Waters song by Mick Taylor.

But the killer part of the show was when Ronnie walked on. He played five songs including Stop Breaking Down, Shaking All Over, and a replica of that amazing version of Spoonful from the recent album.

Very sorry but it's 12.50am over here in England and I'm tired and need to go to bed as I'm working in the morning. Back tomorrow. Salud.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-02 02:57 by Silver Dagger.

Date: December 2, 2010 03:13

'ere ya go ........................

The highlight was Stop Breakin' Down. Awesome.

More pics to follow .... gotta crash right now.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: December 2, 2010 03:14

Thankyou mate!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 2, 2010 03:16

Great pics pauly. Sounds like an awesome time. How cool to see Ronnie and MTaylor on the same stage.smileys with beer

Date: December 2, 2010 03:18

God, I can't sleep. Awesome pix pauly.

Date: December 2, 2010 03:23

Silver Dagger
God, I can't sleep. Awesome pix pauly.

Well pour yerself a large vodka/gin/bourbon/warm milk/lemonade (whatever basically), settle down, and put STOP BREAKIN' DOWN on at max vol. If you can't sleep, well hell .... why should the rest of the neighbourhood ?

Wasn't it a gig and a half ? Simply blinding.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 2, 2010 03:24

The other two songs were Fancy Pants and Stepping Out. Never heard such an awesome version of Shakin' All Over before. Nor have I ever before seen Mick Taylor give not only so many glimmers of a smile, but also actual smiles!! The only downside to tonight was that they did no encore. Paulywaul and Silver Dagger took some great shots - watch this space!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 2, 2010 03:53

Thanks for the pics, but damn, how did Mick T get so fat, hope he's not ill sad smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 2, 2010 05:16

gotdablouse
Thanks for the pics, but damn, how did Mick T get so fat, hope he's not ill sad smiley
He actually looks better than he has in a while.

Date: December 2, 2010 05:30

Really great to see those two on one stage together, but seeing those pics, I think "One is a Stone, and the other one no more." And then you look at the difference in the two: tanned, skinny, relaxed and black - very fat and sweaty, strained. Is that what happens apres Stones/

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: December 2, 2010 05:32

WOW! Awesome pics!! Thanks for sharing! To see those two on stage together must have been pretty special. Hopefully we'll see more of that in the future (you listening Mick & Keith???)

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 2, 2010 06:45

The pics are great Pauly. Thanks for sharing. Taylor and Ron look happy.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: winter ()
Date: December 2, 2010 07:16

Many thanks for the great pics Pauly! Don't know if I've seen MT smile so so much at a gig since....well, ever! hopefully some vids will make it to youtube.

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: December 2, 2010 07:26

Great pics, thanks Pauly! If that's MT looking better than he has in a while... he still has a loooong way to go to look fine.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 2, 2010 09:39

Holy Ghost Pauly
What kind of camera was that??
Looks like everything was working when it comes stage light, like
we talked about after the "I feel like playing gig".
Feel more and more p'ed off for missing it.
Had ticket and then the weather came. Like Bjørnulf said in a thread.
Never fly in 'on the day'. Lesson learned!

TE
Oslo, stuck in Frankfurt

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: December 2, 2010 09:49

Great gig! It really got going when Ronnie joined in, he looked great, played great, seemed to enjoy himself and was clearly the star of the night. Obviously he can carry a band. Mike T. looked a bit lost at times. Chris Barber was fitted beautifully. They should do these things more often!

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: December 2, 2010 09:54

Classic pics Pauly! You should sell prints. Cheers!

Posted by: Damon ()
Date: December 2, 2010 09:59

I never saw ronnie play a harmonica before

cool pics

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2288
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home