Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 17
Re: Ronnie Wood AND Mick Taylor guesting at the 100 Club.....
Posted by: MickTaylorfan1 ()
Date: October 18, 2010 23:52

Well the thing is that I´m leaving for Amsterdam next weekend and some money will be spent there and with a strict budget- damn I wish I had found out about this gig earlier (and I wont be in Amsterdam on my own so its less scary winking smiley ) and I guess you are dutch since you have the nick you have? grinning smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 19, 2010 00:16

MickTaylorfan1
Well the thing is that I´m leaving for Amsterdam next weekend and some money will be spent there and with a strict budget- damn I wish I had found out about this gig earlier (and I wont be in Amsterdam on my own so its less scary winking smiley ) and I guess you are dutch since you have the nick you have? grinning smiley

Your goin' south?
Nothing scary in my home town.cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-19 00:17 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: MickTaylorfan1 ()
Date: October 19, 2010 00:19

Haha.. well I will avoid the weed smoking smiley
Haha yeah there is always a Mick T song that fits all occasions it seems

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: October 19, 2010 04:50

MickTaylorfan1
I´m sooooo damn tempted to go! But as a 31year and alone woman from Sweden who havent travelled much, I have no idea of where to stay in London and such confused smiley and if I dare haha.. sounds silly.

There's a hotel right around the corner on Berners (SP) street called the Sanderson. You should try and make it. Check out the resturant Stef's also on Berners. Excellent Italian!

100 Club

Stef's

Sanderson Hotel

All you have to do is take a LONG train ride OR fly to London. It will be worth the money.

CBII

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: October 19, 2010 04:56

I'm just glad to see the 100 Club getting this calibre of talent booked. I read recently where it may close due to the monthly rent going up (is the term Let in the UK?). There's just way too much history to let that one go down the tubes.

CBII

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 19, 2010 11:20

CBII
I'm just glad to see the 100 Club getting this calibre of talent booked. I read recently where it may close due to the monthly rent going up (is the term Let in the UK?). There's just way too much history to let that one go down the tubes.

CBII, I saw your dad (and you) at the 100 Club. Any chance YOU guys can lend your support to the current campaign to save it from closure ?

[www.savethe100club.co.uk]

[www.the100club.co.uk]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 19, 2010 14:56

MickTaylorfan1
I cant afford expensive hotelroom---

...there's this cool concept for worldwide travellers: try a couch...
Never tried it myself, but I know a couple of people that're involved in this... Once you overcome the possible 'stage fright', this can really work out very-very good for all involved.
People travel the world with it; no expenses for lodging, and getting to meet tons of interesting people and/or, if not, get to share some interesting stories afterwards. I'm gonna try it for sure, 'one of these'.
...Any IORRians that have experience with this?

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: October 21, 2010 14:23

If anyone has a spare ticket for this plese PM me!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 21, 2010 21:51

mr_c_ox
If anyone has a spare ticket for this plese PM me!

It's not sold out yet....

Ronnie Wood and Mick Taylor to team up
Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: October 22, 2010 07:13

Ronnie Wood and the guitarist he replaced in The Rolling Stones are set to take the stage at London's 100 Club in December as part of a benefit to save the fabled venue, according to new reports. Wood and Mick Taylor are secretly planning to team up at the December 1 charity show, which organizers hope will raise vital funds to keep the club open into 2011.

Rent rises in London have crippled the club's bosses in recent months and owner Jeff Horton has threatened to close the 100 Club at Christmas unless he gets aid to help him with the spiraling costs. Former The Clash star Mick Jones is also expected to join the benefit line up - he recently offered to help anyone spearheading a campaign to save the venue.

He recently told Spinner.com, "I'm sorry to hear it might be closing. It will be greatly missed if it closes. Someone should start a campaign to save it. If someone's going to do something and I'm available then I'd love to help."

[www.non-filters.com]

Re: Ronnie Wood and Mick Taylor to team up
Posted by: JJFlash2010 ()
Date: October 22, 2010 07:52

I predict that this will get the Stones back together. In all seriousness, Ronnie and Mick Taylor will sound so good together on one stage, how will Mick Jagger not want them both in the band. And maybe they could let Keith play his guitar along with them. That is if Keith is done with the crank jokes and he can still play his guitar. Sorry, Keef. Talk is cheap. Let's see who all really feels like playing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-22 07:54 by JJFlash2010.

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: October 22, 2010 07:57

It should be great, can't wait for the you tube vids.
my one 100 Club visit was in 1985, some punk/art rock band with Crass connections playing, piss flooding the toilet floor (& environs).

Posted by: JJFlash2010 ()
Date: October 22, 2010 07:59

Get to the club again if you can, pissed-up is optional.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 22, 2010 09:36

There is already a 3 pages thread about this.

[www.iorr.org]

Check it out. There is a lot of information there.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: paragoensia ()
Date: October 22, 2010 09:54

I just have to see this gig....just bought tickets and booked a plane...And I'll drag my dad along....

MickTaylorfan1

Ahh please, Amsterdam is not scary, in fact, I'm there right now and not trembling with fear.... I hope you will enjoy your stay!

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: October 22, 2010 12:09

Some of the comments on this thread are perfect examples of fans projecting their wishes onto a situation regardless of whether or not those wishes have anything to do with the truth.

Mr. Taylor quit The Rolling Stones. He was not asked to leave. He quit. Why would he hold a grudge against Mr. Wood? Why would he want to engage in a guitar duel with a man who only became a Rolling Stone after he, himself, had left the band? Obviously, it would be a different scenario if Mr. Taylor had been asked to leave the band because they wanted to play with Mr. Wood, but that simply is not the case.

It is wonderful that so many of you enjoy Mr. Taylor's guitar playing, but, in reality, that does not translate into any level of resentment on Mr. Taylor's part toward Mr. Wood.

Hopefully Mr. Taylor shows up and his presence helps raise money for the cause. Hopefully, Mr. Wood does the same.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: October 22, 2010 12:25

Anyone knows where I can buy a ticket? The link on top of this thread says it's sold out....

Date: October 22, 2010 12:29

NedKelly
Anyone knows where I can buy a ticket? The link on top of this thread says it's sold out....

I guess after Ronnie's stonking performance this week, it has boosted interest in this gig. Worth checking the 100 Club site from time to time to see if availability opens up, but it is a small place.....

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: October 22, 2010 13:25

Some gits are already selling them on ebay for £150 or £195. Its a bit sick when you consider that this is essentially a charity show to try and save the 100 club. Any spare tickets?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 22, 2010 13:31

mr_c_ox
Some gits are already selling them on ebay for £150 or £195. Its a bit sick when you consider that this is essentially a charity show to try and save the 100 club. Any spare tickets?

Ticket buying - The best and worst thing about the internet.

sc uk

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: October 22, 2010 14:03

I believe the venue will have some tickets to buy on the door (just need to queue early enuough to get these!)

Luckily I got mine before the website sold out.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: October 22, 2010 14:33

I saw Dale once at the R&B Night in Groningen.
That time MT did also a gustes appearance (he lived in Groningen that period).

Mr.Fancyman

Date: October 22, 2010 15:38

Jeff Beck and mc'Laughlin should show up.They did some great things together and admire each other.
mc'Lauglin is the Jimmy Hendrix of the 7-tees and 8-tees to me, as far as musical innovation is concerned.Jeff Beck another genius.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-22 15:50 by Amsterdamned.

Date: October 24, 2010 11:41

Now that the concert is sold out, they could announce the other very special guests. But I'm more than happy with the two we know.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: October 24, 2010 20:14

Hell, no more time.
Got the Woking Beer Festival a week or so later.

TE
Oslo

Date: October 31, 2010 17:44

Can't wait....

Date: October 31, 2010 18:00

Lightnin'

Well, it depends which songs they are supposed to perform. In terms of Stones licks, Taylor hasn't had an awful lot of practice for the last 36 years... Maybe apart from that one night in December '81 in Kansas City.

Have you heard Taylor on pms? 36 years after...as if he's never been away.
Hope he's in good health.

Date: October 31, 2010 18:11

Just hope to see them both...the rest is a bonus

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: October 31, 2010 19:12

Amsterdamned
Lightnin'

Well, it depends which songs they are supposed to perform. In terms of Stones licks, Taylor hasn't had an awful lot of practice for the last 36 years... Maybe apart from that one night in December '81 in Kansas City.

A 'reliable source' has told me he's still a chain smoker, so I have my doubts about his health.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 31, 2010 19:31

Amsterdamned
Lightnin'

<<< Hope he's in good health >>>

Know what you mean, I had front row seats to see him at the Leicester Square Theatre on 22nd/23rd October, and he cancelled both nights !! Seems to a relatively frequent thing these days ... cancellations.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home