Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 17
Re: Ronnie Wood AND Mick Taylor guesting at the 100 Club.....
Posted by: MickTaylorfan1 ()
Date: October 16, 2010 16:31

I´m sooooo damn tempted to go! But as a 31year and alone woman from Sweden who havent travelled much, I have no idea of where to stay in London and such confused smiley and if I dare haha.. sounds silly.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 16, 2010 16:36

MickTaylorfan1
I´m sooooo damn tempted to go! But as a 31year and alone woman from Sweden who havent travelled much, I have no idea of where to stay in London and such confused smiley and if I dare haha.. sounds silly.
Just book a room at the St Giles...most of us from outside London (or England) stay there, I think

Date: October 16, 2010 16:45

Yeah but the problem is that it needs to be cheap... I live in the southern parts of Sweden so flight from Copenhagen is easy and not expensive but I cant afford expensive hotelroom--- this came on such short notice so :/ but I just cant miss this

Date: October 16, 2010 16:57

Harm
MickTaylorfan1
Just book a room at the St Giles...most of us from outside London (or England) stay there, I think

I looked at it now, are you staying on the airport one or the central one? The price was really ok smiling smiley

Date: October 16, 2010 17:00

MickTaylorfan1
Yeah but the problem is that it needs to be cheap... I live in the southern parts of Sweden so flight from Copenhagen is easy and not expensive but I cant afford expensive hotelroom--- this came on such short notice so :/ but I just cant miss this

London hotels are never cheap, however you get to see Ronnie and hopefully also MT. You'll pay 99£ for a single room...It's maybe 50£ more than you'd like to spend, but....

Date: October 16, 2010 17:06

Harm
MickTaylorfan1

London hotels are never cheap, however you get to see Ronnie and hopefully also MT. You'll pay 99£ for a single room...It's maybe 50£ more than you'd like to spend, but....

Yeah I know, a friend of mine who now lives in Sweden comes from London and has told me a lot about how expensive everything is there. Of course there are hostels/backpacker places (sorry for bad english) but that feels kind of creepy

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 16, 2010 17:09

Lots of cheap hostels around central London with OK standard,
if you're not too choosy. I stayed here once, (and I had no complaints):
[www.royalbayswater.com]

Date: October 16, 2010 17:18

The Worst.
Lots of cheap hostels around central London with OK standard,
if you're not too choosy. I stayed here once, (and I had no complaints):
[www.royalbayswater.com]

Thanks, it looked nice and ok price. It would be nice to meet up with other people from IORR so I wont feel so lonely smiling smiley

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: October 16, 2010 18:23

paulywaul
Well I hope Mr Taylor's health is good and there are no other committment clashes or whatever on 1st December, because the bugger has cancelled his two shows at the Leicester Square Theatre on 22nd and 23rd October. Drat !!

[www.leicestersquaretheatre.com]

I don't blame you for thinking it's Taylor's fault but there is a pattern here. There was also a show advertised at the Santa Monica Pier a while back ? If someone would investigate the situation they would find it's his so called management that is responsible for all the chaos- they keep on confirming gigs without MT's permission. It's a shame this is so repetitive. It has caused a lot of damage to Taylor's reputation. The actual culprits don't care about the consequences of their wrongful actions, in fact they even had a hand in the awful stories which appeared in the tabloids.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 16, 2010 18:27

I'm there . The atmosphere in the 100 club is incredible. No back stage area.Last year Charlie was stood in a cupboard under the stairs and everyone who approached was greeted.I hope it stays open for ever.

This gig could go either way. ..........................

Worst case - No Ronnie or MT....................or............ Beck,Clapton,Page,Keith (he's filming pirates in England).I CAN DREAM !

sc uk

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: October 16, 2010 20:02

sweetcharmedlife
Mick Taylor's motto is"It's good to be rumoured to be playing here. It's good to be rumoured to be playing anywhere". Don't believe any Taylor appearences until he actually shows up.

Can't say I blame you, however (on the positive side) Taylor does have connections with Petit, so who knows?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 16, 2010 21:28

Lightnin'
paulywaul
Well I hope Mr Taylor's health is good and there are no other committment clashes or whatever on 1st December, because the bugger has cancelled his two shows at the Leicester Square Theatre on 22nd and 23rd October. Drat !!

[www.leicestersquaretheatre.com]

I don't blame you for thinking it's Taylor's fault but there is a pattern here. There was also a show advertised at the Santa Monica Pier a while back ? If someone would investigate the situation they would find it's his so called management that is responsible for all the chaos- they keep on confirming gigs without MT's permission. It's a shame this is so repetitive. It has caused a lot of damage to Taylor's reputation. The actual culprits don't care about the consequences of their wrongful actions, in fact they even had a hand in the awful stories which appeared in the tabloids.

So is he showing up for this gig or not?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 16, 2010 22:02

>> it's his so-called management that is responsible for all the chaos <<

... who hired them? just curious

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: October 18, 2010 18:42

Does anyone have any more news or info about whether MT and RW will actually be turning up to this gig?

I haven't bought tickets yet.

I need to be up for work quite early the next morning, so I don't really want buy tickets at £35 each, drag my friends and the missus along, and have quite a late night - only to find they don't appear.

I think it's likely Ronnie will be there, and likely Mick won't be there.

I'm still thinking about whether to go. I do like Ronnie, but somehow seeing them both will even better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-18 18:44 by WeLoveYou.

Posted by: BradleyJennas ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:02

Got my ticket. I heard that Eric + Page might be appearing too?!

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:29

Where did you hear about Eric and Page?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:39

From his cat?

Date: October 18, 2010 19:40

BradleyJennas
Got my ticket. I heard that Eric + Page might be appearing too?!
yeah they're going to dig up Jimi and Brian as well.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: October 18, 2010 19:46

MickTaylorfan1
Harm
MickTaylorfan1

I looked at it now, are you staying on the airport one or the central one? The price was really ok smiling smiley
sorry but the discussion of hotels and where to stay is a threat to national security! the rolling stones may have stayed at the hotels being discussed. shut this thread down immediately! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-18 19:48 by bernardanderson.

Date: October 18, 2010 19:58

The 100 Club site does say 'plus other special guests to be announced' and as it is in aid of saving the venue.....who knows?
Anyway, let's not forget this is actually a Stephen Dale Petit gig, even though he does have some impressive guests!

Date: October 18, 2010 20:30

Manofwealthandtaste
The 100 Club site does say 'plus other special guests to be announced' and as it is in aid of saving the venue.....who knows?
Anyway, let's not forget this is actually a Stephen Dale Petit gig, even though he does have some impressive guests!

Who knows indeed...but first things first....tomorrow, who knows...

Posted by: BradleyJennas ()
Date: October 18, 2010 20:49

Well I have seen this gig discussed on a few forums now, I do remember reading that there may be more guests to come. After all that wouldn't be a bad thing, and the club is pretty legendary ay!? It must mean a lot to many great artists, I mean Eric has played their before with Beck, and I think Page may have played there in the past? But whatever happens its all for a good cause, good on Petit!

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: October 18, 2010 21:35

According to my sources Mick will INDEED be playing the 100 Club...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 18, 2010 21:45

gripweed
According to my sources Mick will INDEED be playing the 100 Club...

And those sources are?

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: October 18, 2010 22:02

Mick's current Manager/Drummer Jeff A

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: October 18, 2010 22:03

geez, no wonder mick taylor is missing so many gigs, his drummer is also his manager! i sense a new drummer joke in the making.

Date: October 18, 2010 22:05

Thanks. He won't let his drummer down I hope.

Date: October 18, 2010 22:06

Cool,I hope he does show up and play well. His reputation has taken more than a few hits lately. Nice to see him do something positive to change that.

Date: October 18, 2010 23:20

Well I guess I will be staying home in Sweden then... feels to unsafe for me to go plus the financial part... I would have loved to see Mick since I´m a huge fan but..

Date: October 18, 2010 23:34

MickTaylorfan1
Well I guess I will be staying home in Sweden then... feels to unsafe for me to go plus the financial part... I would have loved to see Mick since I´m a huge fan but..

You're a stranger in his town then? winking smiley
I love this version :

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1531
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home