Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11
Re: Expanded Ya-Yas
Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: September 4, 2009 03:45

Gads! If it wasn't "Ya-Ya's" I wouldn't even think about it. But it is and I feel like a sucker, but I'm interested. A bonus track of "I'm Free?" Is it from the 27th with that sweet little Taylor solo? Just hearing a clean version of that is worth...something...as I'm reaching for the wallet.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 4, 2009 04:16

THANKS, GAZZA!!

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: September 4, 2009 04:48

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: HeatherAnnePeel ()
Date: September 4, 2009 04:54

All speculation aside, I believe this will live up to, if not surpass, expectations. True, for those of us who own many boots from the '69 tour, there will be things we wish were included no matter what, but I really think it will be an impressive updated version of the greatest live album ever. I was just thinking about this the other day, about how it would probably never happen. So, this is just too cool!!!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 4, 2009 04:55

Gazza
tatters
Rocky Dijon

I'll be curious if ABKCO offers the bonus tracks individually to iTunes as I'm sure many folks with the 2002 remaster of YA-YA'S would prefer to simply spend the bare minimum to purchase five new songs rather than digging deep for a two-disc or four-disc box set.

$59.98 DOES seem like a pretty steep price to pay for the five bonus tracks, IF the five bonus tracks are all you're interested in.

and herein lies a classic example of what has led to unfettered illegal downloading...

Cant imagine anyone who would be interested in the 5 tracks WOULDNT also be interested in the DVD and 56-page booklet, though.

$60 for someone just wanting the extra 5 tracks is still a better deal than paying full price to buy 13 studio albums all over again (some issued for the 4th or 5th time) with NO extra tracks on any of 'em.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 4, 2009 06:07

$59.98 DOES seem like a pretty steep price to pay for the five bonus tracks, IF the five bonus tracks are all you're interested in.

Awwww come on stop bein' a piker .... Ya know Keith needs a razor and Ronnie needs a new lighter .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 4, 2009 06:23

this is fantastic news!!!!I have a real good feeling about this one, i think the dvd is gonna shock us with joy

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: September 4, 2009 09:27

according to the Amazon site, the DVD features the same 5 unreleased tracks that will be on CD 2: Prodigal Son, You Gotta Move, Under My thumb, I'm Free and Satisfaction...

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 4, 2009 10:17

i reckon we'll get the medley of UMT & I'm free...

Be interesting to see what "full" version of Satisfaction they give us as there's 2 outstanding versions (2 versions in the Gimme Shelter movie have been spliced together to form one song)

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: September 4, 2009 10:25

Gazza
I'm actually quite surprised that amazon are advertising a release which wont be out for another two months.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 4, 2009 10:31

Disc: 1
1. Jumpin' Jack Flash (Original Release)
2. Carol (Original Release)
3. Stray Cat Blues (Original Release)
4. Love In Vain (Original Release)
5. Midnight Rambler (Original Release)
6. Sympathy For The Devil (Original Release)
7. Live With Me (Original Release)
8. Little Queenie (Original Release)
9. Honky Tonk Women (Original Release)
10. Street Fighting Man (Original Release)
Disc: 2
1. Prodigal Son (Unreleased Track)
2. You Gotta Move (Unreleased Track)
3. Under My Thumb (Unreleased Track)
4. I m Free (Unreleased Track)
5. (I Can t Get No) Satisfaction (Unreleased Track)
Disc: 3
1. Everyday I Have The Blues (Unreleased B.B. King Track)
2. How Blue Can You Get (Unreleased B.B. King Track)
3. That s Wrong Little Mama (Unreleased B.B. King Track)
4. Why I Sing The Blues (Unreleased B.B. King Track)
5. Please Accept My Love (Unreleased B.B. King Track)
6. Gimme Some Loving (Unreleased Ike & Tina Turner Track)
7. Sweet Soul Music (Unreleased Ike & Tina Turner Track)
8. Son Of A Preacher Man (Unreleased Ike & Tina Turner Track)
9. Proud Mary (Unreleased Ike & Tina Turner Track)
10. I've Been Loving You Too Long (Unreleased Ike & Tina Turner Track)
11. Come Together (Unreleased Ike & Tina Turner Track)
12. Land Of 1000 Dances (Unreleased Ike & Tina Turner Track)
Disc: 4
1. Prodigal Son (DVD content)
2. You Gotta Move (DVD content)
3. Under My Thumb (DVD content)
4. I m Free (DVD content)
5. (I Can t Get No) Satisfaction (DVD Content)

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 4, 2009 10:36

thank you Vilhelm honey - the amazon.com descrption says the DVD will also include backstage and studio footage, right?

are the numbers listed the same as the bonus stuff that will be on the upcoming European Gimme Shelter?
sorry if that's another severely undercaffeinated question

sorry, that was indeed severely undercaffeinated! the Gimme Shelter extras are
Live With Me, Stray Cat Blues and Sympathy

a new, more-caffeinated observation is: since Prodigal Son is listed as "unreleased",
that implies that it's not the Prodigal Son that's on the Criterion edition of GS -
either that or their definition of "unreleased" differs from mine (that's been known to happen!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-04 11:14 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 4, 2009 10:58

...plus we also get with the Gimme Shelter DVD:

1. Stray Cat Blues
2. Sympathy For The Devil
3. Live With Me

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: September 4, 2009 11:02

Gazza
Matt
I expected so much from this release, but I'm afraid I'm a little disappointed.
Disc 1 is the original release. OK, I have the original in three different releases, so nothing new there. Disc 2 says unreleased tracks. How many? What's been discussed here before is three tracks. I really hope there are some more, AND I would have wanted them included in the original to make it like a complete show. Disc 3, OK I like BB.King and Ike&Tina Turner, but this disc won't give anything more of the Rolling Stones. Disc 4 is a DVD that we still don't know much about. Let's hope for the complete show from 1969. Most deluxe versions of albums are also better soundwise or remixed, but in this case, we no nothing about that. In the worst case, the sound can be a step down from the 2002 remaster since that was DSP and SACD. And of course nothing said about surround sound, which I would have preferred, since live recordings in surround gives the ultimate experience of almost beeing there.
Mats

Congratulations. An in-depth slagging of a release that you haven't heard and of which you don't even know the contents. You've even managed to criticise how it will sound as well.

Inspired.

Don't get me wrong. OK I haven't heard just this particular version yet, but I have heard the album many times during the years. The contents have been presented and I was only wrong about disc 2, Five songs instead of three. I know nothing about the sound, BUT I haven't critized it, but I fear that the sound can be a step down from the very good sounding SACD version from 2002. To be frank, what's left? Five unreleased tracks that we have to pay a fortune to get?

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: September 4, 2009 11:07

mickijaggeroo
Gazza
Matt
Disc 1 is the original release. OK, I have the original in three different releases, so nothing new there. Disc 2 says unreleased tracks. How many? What's been discussed here before is three tracks. I really hope there are some more, AND I would have wanted them included in the original to make it like a complete show. Disc 3, OK I like BB.King and Ike&Tina Turner, but this disc won't give anything more of the Rolling Stones. Disc 4 is a DVD that we still don't know much about. Let's hope for the complete show from 1969. Most deluxe versions of albums are also better soundwise or remixed, but in this case, we no nothing about that. In the worst case, the sound can be a step down from the 2002 remaster since that was DSP and SACD. And of course nothing said about surround sound, which I would have preferred, since live recordings in surround gives the ultimate experience of almost beeing there.
Mats

Congratulations. An in-depth slagging of a release that you haven't heard and of which you don't even know the contents. You've even managed to criticise how it will sound as well.

Inspired.

Some are never satisfied...

Well Wilhelm, how satisfied are you with this edition? WOuldn't you have liked a YA-Ya's version 2 with the whole concert sequenced on record as it was recorded once, with the five unreleased tracks?. Wouldn't you have preferred surround sound instead of the original sound? Anyway, I will probably buy it, but there are many things that could have been better in my opinion. I can dream, can't I.....?
Mats

Date: September 4, 2009 11:31

1 - Ike and Tina and B.B. are sure]y real class acts, real MUSICIANS, and not second class moron volume 10 headbanbgers like acdc, who these days have their name asscoiated with the Stones(Keith´s certainly getting real old......).So at least this is OK. But NOT the Stones. So they are again doctoring your money and will.

2- This is the same feeling that destructed the music industry. Please do nort support this kind of approach to the music market. These people only look at their own pockets

Date: September 4, 2009 12:40

Matt
mickijaggeroo
Gazza
Matt
Mats

Inspired.

Some are never satisfied...

Well Wilhelm, how satisfied are you with this edition? WOuldn't you have liked a YA-Ya's version 2 with the whole concert sequenced on record as it was recorded once, with the five unreleased tracks?. Wouldn't you have preferred surround sound instead of the original sound? Anyway, I will probably buy it, but there are many things that could have been better in my opinion. I can dream, can't I.....?
Mats

Well, considering the Stones reluctancy in the past to give us anything "extra", I´m pretty satisfied when it comes to this release. And I´m also looking forward to the other stuff that´s coming.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: September 4, 2009 12:44

Definitively looking forward to this - but even more so the expanded Exile!!

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: September 4, 2009 12:44

Still trying to find confirmation that this will be released in Europe as well- would have thought that Play.com would have had it listed by now as an upcoming release
Plus when you go to the Amazon site and it gives you the option to find the same item on the UK web site it cannot find it?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-04 12:44 by nanker phelge.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: September 4, 2009 12:51

Matt

Don't get me wrong. OK I haven't heard just this particular version yet, but I have heard the album many times during the years. The contents have been presented and I was only wrong about disc 2, Five songs instead of three. I know nothing about the sound, BUT I haven't critized it, but I fear that the sound can be a step down from the very good sounding SACD version from 2002. To be frank, what's left? Five unreleased tracks that we have to pay a fortune to get?

Why do you expect the audio quality on disc 1 to be inferior to the 2002 release? Obviously it's not going to be an actual SACD, but I'd bet my left nut that the 40th anniversary edition will use the same master tape that was prepared for the 2002 edition, and will in essence be the same as the red book CD layer on the hybrid SACD from 2002.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 4, 2009 12:54

with sssoul

a new, more-caffeinated observation is: since Prodigal Son is listed as "unreleased",
that implies that it's not the Prodigal Son that's on the Criterion edition of GS -
either that or their definition of "unreleased" differs from mine (that's been known to happen!)

I'm afraid they mean that the audio version has not been released before (by its own rights), even though the track (performance) could be the same as used in CRITERION. But we don't know what they've done with - perhaps some over-dubbing, etc (maybe they added the missing verse there!!! >grinning smiley<)

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-04 12:57 by Doxa.

Date: September 4, 2009 13:21

Just calculating footage we have so far of MSG

Original GIMME SHELTER:
(1) "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
(2) "Satisfaction"
(3) "Honky Tonk Women"
(4) "Love In Vain" (a sort of)
(5) "Street Fighting Man" (torso)

CRITERION:
(1) "Carol"
(2) "Prodigal Son"
(3) "Little Queenie"

NEW GIMME SHELTER:
(1) "Sympathy For the Devil"
(2) "Live With me"
(3) "Stray Cat Blues"

YA-YA's
(1) "Prodigal Son"
(2) "You Gotta Move"
(3) "Under My Thumb"
(4) "I'm Free"
(5) "Satisfaction"

That means that only one song from three MSG concerts is not in any kind of form yet - unfortunately maybe the best of them all: "Midnight Rambler" (my first complain so far: why to to release, say, "Prodigal Son" second time instead of it???)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-04 13:23 by Doxa.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: September 4, 2009 13:30

spoiler alert!

bonus tracks are on youtube:

Date: September 4, 2009 13:44

I need to say that they couldn't find better version of "Satisfaction" for Guitar Hero than that one! The guitars smoke, and the famous riff has not sounded nastier ever!

Just listen to "Under My Thumb" while I write - sounds great!

- Doxa

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: September 4, 2009 13:54

All 5 tracks sound superb to me!

Date: September 4, 2009 14:05

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: September 4, 2009 14:51

New meaning

GET YOUR YACHTS YACHTS OUT

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: September 4, 2009 14:52

Under My Thumb/I´m Free are from the 27th, Satisfaction is from the 28th first show. There are no overdubs and the mix sounds excellent. I´d love to hear a complete ´69 show in this quality.

Posted by: normanplace ()
Date: September 4, 2009 15:20

mickijaggeroo

Disc: 2
1. Prodigal Son (Unreleased Track)
2. You Gotta Move (Unreleased Track)
3. Under My Thumb (Unreleased Track)
4. I m Free (Unreleased Track)
5. (I Can t Get No) Satisfaction (Unreleased Track)

Possibly it makes sense for disk 2 to be a full concert in its original running order. It would seem a little cheesy to release a box set with a CD of about 17 minutes. The Who's deluxe Tommy / Live at Leeds presented the show in original running order and with Tommy as a seperate disk.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 4, 2009 15:22

originalstones
Yeah. All well and good, but how much is going to be on the DVD. It might be 15 minutes of stuff.

5 full songs.
Backstage MSG footage
Keith studio footage
Album cover shoot.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 4 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home