Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Expanded Ya-Yas
Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: September 12, 2009 13:45

I highly doubt ABKCO needs anyone´s XXth generation cassettes.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 12, 2009 20:03

soulsurvivor1
Hey Robert Johnson...Can you share the two SBD shows ? If ot here in private?

CHARLIE

THE ONGS ON THE DVD ARE NOT GIMMIE SHELTER

I would, if I had, but it is "The GR" who wrote that he've got two soundboard shows from 28th. In fact it would be a great thing ...

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 12, 2009 21:29

The GR
I have 2 cassettes of the 28th shows. I got them from a German bootlegger about 20 years ago. I'm surprised that they're not circulating. If the Stones or Decca want them they can have them.

I only have a Walkman for cassettes now and I don't own a computer to transfer them.

And for those who accuse me of BS I've been part of IORnR for 27 years and those who know me will tell you I never lie.

A bootlegger would have bootlegged these shows so these would be circulating if the story is true. Plus, bootleggers usually know the value of certain tapes, so did you pay a fortune or sent him tons of other tapes in a trade? If not, I wuld suggest that these cassette tapes are bogus.

Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: September 12, 2009 21:41

The GR
I have 2 cassettes of the 28th shows. I got them from a German bootlegger about 20 years ago. I'm surprised that they're not circulating. If the Stones or Decca want them they can have them.

I only have a Walkman for cassettes now and I don't own a computer to transfer them.

And for those who accuse me of BS I've been part of IORnR for 27 years and those who know me will tell you I never lie.

Maybe not BS, but a litte bit mistaken or confused?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 12, 2009 23:02

filstan
The GR
I've had 27th from audience and 2 shows 28th in soundboard for about 20 years, the songs on the DVD look like Gimme Shelter. So 3 songs on DVD are great but don't make the package for me. Ike/Tina and BB sound interesting.

So why reveal this and not release the music to the band, or someone who can make it available for release? Maybe you can do the right thing and make some money in the process. Otherwise, this is big time BS!

I've known Gary for 25 years and he's far from a bullshitter. And certainly isnt someone who would see making money out of bootlegging as 'doing the right thing' either.

However, we discussed this on the phone earlier and whilst there have been two MSG soundboards circulating for over 20 years, one is from 27.11.69 and the other is from one of the shows on 28.11.69.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 13, 2009 03:53

Thanks for clarifying Gaz. I've been looking for soundboards from those shows for sometime and it has been on this thread that I first got an inkling that the SBs are really out there. Anyone who has these please drop me a line as I'd very much love to trade!

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: September 13, 2009 04:05

Gazza

I've known Gary for 25 years and he's far from a bullshitter. And certainly isnt someone who would see making money out of bootlegging as 'doing the right thing' either.

However, we discussed this on the phone earlier and whilst there have been two MSG soundboards circulating for over 20 years, one is from 27.11.69 and the other is from one of the shows on 28.11.69.

We all know these recordings are among the most wanted uncirculating Stones recordings ever, so it would be amazing if these tapes could be transferred to digital somehow and distributed for free via torrent. There are a few trustworthy people on this board with expertise and professional equipment who can do the job. Is there a chance that this might happen?

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 14, 2009 12:08

After much searching I found the 28th 2nd show.

It opens like the Gimme Shelter movie (same show ?) and has all the songs that formed the 69 US set but no Prodigal Son or You Gotta Move. There is a very audible hiss and it plays fast. It has a left channel biase and is very bassy. But the quality is not crystal clear and it's obviously a very high generation copy.

Could find the other show and I accept Gazzas comment that it's from the 27th and not the first 28th show.

These are not 'uncirculated', they,ve been doing the rounds for over 20 years. Any one who was part of the taping community then should have them, I certainly traded them at the time. The only tape I never traded was the Ron Wood interview from 1988 because I promised the person who did the interview I'd never trade it. As he's been dead for 13 years now I'm thinking it's time to put it out there providing I can find the tape and get it transfered. Also I have Rhythm Kings Southampton 12/7/08 and Ben Waters/Charlie Watts Eastleigh 4/9/09 to go.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 14, 2009 12:09

Oh and no BS, confusion, mistaken or any thing else.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 14, 2009 12:59

The GR

It opens like the Gimme Shelter movie (same show ?) and has all the songs that formed the 69 US set but no Prodigal Son or You Gotta Move. There is a very audible hiss and it plays fast. It has a left channel biase and is very bassy. But the quality is not crystal clear and it's obviously a very high generation copy.

Could find the other show and I accept Gazzas comment that it's from the 27th and not the first 28th show.

These are not 'uncirculated', they,ve been doing the rounds for over 20 years. Any one who was part of the taping community then should have them, I certainly traded them at the time. The only tape I never traded was the Ron Wood interview from 1988 because I promised the person who did the interview I'd never trade it. As he's been dead for 13 years now I'm thinking it's time to put it out there providing I can find the tape and get it transfered. Also I have Rhythm Kings Southampton 12/7/08 and Ben Waters/Charlie Watts Eastleigh 4/9/09 to go.

where did you find nov 28 shows ?
any post here if you want ?

i'm intrested most of street

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 14, 2009 13:09

sorry ! my typwriter went down !!!!!!!!yawning smiley
anyway ,,i'm most intrested of jumping jack flash .carol.street fighting man,,
from nov 28 1st & 2nd ..

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: September 14, 2009 13:17

The GR

It opens like the Gimme Shelter movie (same show ?) and has all the songs that formed the 69 US set but no Prodigal Son or You Gotta Move.

Doesn't this point to the shorter, 1st show of the 28th? (PS and YGM weren't performed then)

Either way, it would be awesome if these tapes in some way could find the way to the community (f.i. as suggested by tornandfrayed above), especially in the light of ABCKO bringing out only appetizers of these legendary shows. Speaking for myself, a full MSG '69 soundboard, even hissy, would be the holy grail.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-14 13:30 by Greg.

Date: September 14, 2009 13:45

don't know if i'll pay $50+ for 5 new tracks and a dvd. the show openers might be ok but what a waste

Posted by: dph ()
Date: September 16, 2009 04:33

I wouldn't get too worked up over these tapes.

Fakes of 11/28/69 1st show have been around for 20 years or so. They are a combination of 11/27 (audience recording), Gimme Shelter, and Ya Yas; the last two poorly copied to disguise the sound.

I'd be willing to bet that's what this tape is. Somebody knowledgeable needs to hear the tape or at least samples. It won't take long to figure out.

11/27 circulates widely as a very well done audience recording, and 11/28 2nd circulates not as widely as a mediocre audience recording. 11/28 1st show has never circulated except from what's officially released.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 16, 2009 04:43

I don't believe in these 69 soundboard tapes!
It will be another audience or mix-tape from other sources.

Everything else would long be known!!

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: September 16, 2009 09:34

I see no reason to discourage the sharing of a purported show so the experts can make their own assessment.

dph

Fakes of 11/28/69 1st show have been around for 20 years or so. They are a combination of 11/27 (audience recording), Gimme Shelter, and Ya Yas; the last two poorly copied to disguise the sound.

Like this? [rollingstones.kicks-ass.org]

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 16, 2009 13:57

dph

I'd be willing to bet that's what this tape is. Somebody knowledgeable needs to hear the tape or at least samples. It won't take long to figure out.

11/27 circulates widely as a very well done audience recording, and 11/28 2nd circulates not as widely as a mediocre audience recording. 11/28 1st show has never circulated except from what's officially released.

yeah i also have a show which reckons it's a soundboard from the "breakfast show"...it's a mix of Ya Ya's material, Gimme Shelter material and some other stuff put together.
It also runs extremely fast, too quick even for the Chipmuncks !!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2036
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home