Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11
Re: Expanded Ya-Yas
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 4, 2009 22:42

Those five live tracks they've picked for Guitar Hero are magic!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 4, 2009 22:43

Absolutely fantastic to hear those MSG tracks in perfect quality....can't wait for the release - thanks for the youtube-links

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 4, 2009 22:44

Fantastic to listen to these tracks after work on a Friday afternoon. Thanks for posting guys! The band had a terrific dirty sound in 69. I lay it on the Ampegs.

Date: September 4, 2009 22:47

I've always loved that take on Under My Thumb. It really does show them at their best in being able to take a rather poppy tune and tune into something that is simultaneously quite beautiful and sad..ok, the muso in me is outta here!

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: September 4, 2009 22:50

Yes, As I said three weeks ago (look for my post entitled get yer ya yas 1969 tour anniversary) I told of a box set that included bonus tracks. The xtra tracks to be included are Under My Thumb, Prodical Son, You Gotta Move, Im Free & Satisfaction. These songs will be presented in audio & video format. The questions remain..Why only five songs and whay only from MSG? San Francisco was also filmed( its in Gimmie Shelter) The footage is basically songs that were recorded at MSG on Nov. 27 & 28th. The Stones played two shows a day. Thats 4 Shows. Surely there were other versions of Sympathy, midnight Rambler,Love In Vain, Stray Cat Blues, Live With Me, Carol, Little Queenie, Street Fighting Man & Honky Tonk Women that were usable. What ABKCO did was complete the set. You see back in 1969 The Stones only played 16 or 17 songs per show. What abkco did was fill in the missing songs, so now if you have the original Get Yer Ya Yas Out(12 songs) and the box set Outakes of 5 songs you now have one complete set(using various shows) from the garden. Yea, thats ok, But Why couldn't abkco include these bonus tracks on the original ya yas and then construct an alternate ya yas using the left over performances? They should have done that instead of giving us 12 songs by BB King & Ike & Tina on disc three. I mean Think Of It...Only 5 Additional tracks by the Stones & 12 by The Opening Bands!! Puzzling ? Then again it's ABKCO...Thyey always find a way to spoil the party!!

Charlie

Now that I have complained again I would like to mentionthat 3 ne songs re to be released in the European version of Gimmie Shelter...
1 .Stray Cat Blues
2. Sympathy For The Devil
3. Live With Me
are to be included i the new release...so all together you will have 8 new tracks

Charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-05 01:58 by soulsurvivor1.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 4, 2009 23:00

Tornandfrayed
barbabang
vancouver
Anyone else notice the tape lag on Prodigal Son and You Gotta Move?

yes

Yes I heard it too. I guess the reasons could be : The tapes weren't in good condition (weren't taken after very good by ABCKO, unlike the Beatles masters by EMI)

Or this is done deliberately too hide the 'faults'. or the fact that some was out of key in those songs.

only speculating here!

These are clips taken from the Guitar Hero computer game and the "tape faults" simply result from the player not playing it correctly.
Keep in mind that these tracks are digital. The lag we are hearing sounds analog, i.e.,from a tape to me. Has anyone heard a "digital lag" that sounds like a tape lag before? Let me know!

Date: September 4, 2009 23:04

To answer the question about if the video releases are from Gimmie Shelter the answer bis NO..But the performances were from the same set of concerts in Nov 1969. Only 1 song (Prodical Son) is the same title. And hopefully its a different version.

Breakdown:

Bonus tracks on Criterian version of Gimmie Shelter
1. Little Queenie
2. Carol
3. Prodical Son

Bonus Tracks on Ya Yas 40th Anniversary
1. Prodical Son
2. Under My Thumb
3. You Gotta Move
4. I'm Free
5. Satisfaction

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: September 4, 2009 23:06

wow!.....primal raunch....the keef-tones sound great!

Date: September 4, 2009 23:08

Is there a boot that has this version of GS on it? To my shame, I had never heard it in its entirety before until a few minutes ago. Mea culpa.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: September 4, 2009 23:11

Looking forward to Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out Deluxe Collectors' Edition.

I'll never forgive the Stones for putting out A Bigger Bang Special Edition or whatever it was called in a disgusting attempt to make hardcore fans buy the same product (well, almost) twice.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some future release with bonus tracks. Naturally, it would cost more...

Date: September 4, 2009 23:21

Harlem Shuffler
Looking forward to Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out Deluxe Collectors' Edition.

I'll never forgive the Stones for putting out A Bigger Bang Special Edition or whatever it was called in a disgusting attempt to make hardcore fans buy the same product (well, almost) twice.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some future release with bonus tracks. Naturally, it would cost more...

Of course it will cost more, it's the law.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: September 4, 2009 23:27

Father Ted

Is there a boot that has this version of GS on it? To my shame, I had never heard it in its entirety before until a few minutes ago. Mea culpa.
i believe its on "A Shot Of Salvation" comp

Ya Yas Project Revisited...
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 4, 2009 15:32

Per the advertisements and posts that I have been reading, I am happy beyond belief that ABKCO is going to release an expanded version of Ya Yas. Unfortunately, even though I would have liked a COMPLETE show, I am happy for what we are getting- great sounding, unreleased bonus tracks (that I will most likely compile into a complete 1969 show of my own to listen to with the original running order in tact), along with some concert footage, etc. Although this release may not please everyone, it is still better than nothing!
I would like to believe that the Ya Yas Project that began over a year ago (which involved a petition to Abkco and the Stones as well as a behind the scenes letter writing compaign by many, many folks) was partially responsible for getting this expanded version to see the light of day. So in that regard, I would like to thank the many people on this site for your support as well as the other Stones boards for assisting with the Ya Yas Project!! I am also hopeful that if this release does well, that maybe, just maybe, it will open the door for subsequent rarities from the vaults either from the Stones or ABKCO.

Re: Ya Yas Project Revisited...
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 4, 2009 21:31

Date: September 4, 2009 23:41

Rollin' Stoner
Father Ted

i believe its on "A Shot Of Salvation" comp

It's not on that comp unfortunately, thanks for the suggestion.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 4, 2009 23:49

nice stuff man!!! cant wait to see the dvd of these performances

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-05 00:52 by melillo.

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: September 4, 2009 23:59

Father Ted

is it possible to download this to an ipod?

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: September 5, 2009 00:03

ChrisM
Tornandfrayed

These are clips taken from the Guitar Hero computer game and the "tape faults" simply result from the player not playing it correctly.
Keep in mind that these tracks are digital. The lag we are hearing sounds analog, i.e.,from a tape to me. Has anyone heard a "digital lag" that sounds like a tape lag before? Let me know!

You´re right, it "sounds" analog but it really is a Guitar Hero effect that gets applied by the game if you don´t push the buttons on your plastic guitar controller correctly.

The MSG´69 tape reels are fine grinning smiley

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 5, 2009 00:14

Mathijs
RobertJohnson
The last one:

According the audience recording I can't remember that Charlie was involved, There are no drums on the original.

Yes he is, you can hear the hi-hat in the background:

There's also various reports that PS was performed with Charlie on stage.

Mathijs

You're right, Mathis, thank you, but there seems to be a bass drum underlying the track. I can't hear that on the audience version.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: September 5, 2009 00:27

rlngstns
Father Ted

sure - download and install the free youtube to MP3 converter here: [www.chip.de]

rightclick one of the videos, click on "watch this video on YouTube" or however it is called (mine is German), a 2nd window is opening and there you copy the complete url.

then switch to the youtube converter you've downloaded before and paste in the url - do the same with the four other videos and you'll end up with more or less excellent MP3-versions.

do NOT download the videos with a YouTube-catcher and don*t try to convert the flv-files to mp3 - it works, but the quality is fair only.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 5, 2009 00:37

RobertJohnson
Mathijs
RobertJohnson
The last one:

According the audience recording I can't remember that Charlie was involved, There are no drums on the original.

Yes he is, you can hear the hi-hat in the background:

There's also various reports that PS was performed with Charlie on stage.

Mathijs

You're right, Mathis, thank you, but there seems to be a bass drum underlying the track. I can't hear that on the audience version.

No, me neither. There's several audience tapes of '69 shows where you can hear the hi-hat, but not the bass drum. Charlie kicks it once in a while, but to my recollection never this steady beat.

Mathijs

Date: September 5, 2009 00:56

silkcut1978_
rlngstns
Father Ted

sure - download and install the free youtube to MP3 converter here: [www.chip.de]

rightclick one of the videos, click on "watch this video on YouTube" or however it is called (mine is German), a 2nd window is opening and there you copy the complete url.

then switch to the youtube converter you've downloaded before and paste in the url - do the same with the four other videos and you'll end up with more or less excellent MP3-versions.

do NOT download the videos with a YouTube-catcher and don*t try to convert the flv-files to mp3 - it works, but the quality is fair only.

Date: September 5, 2009 00:57

silkcut1978_
rlngstns
Father Ted

Thanks for you help on this. Still learning

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 5, 2009 01:11

Harlem Shuffler

What they did with ABB is common practice nowadays. Isn't there a David Gilmour album that has been released in something like six or seven different versions? We've only had THREE opportunities to buy ABB, including the 2009 remaster.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-05 01:14 by tatters.

Date: September 5, 2009 01:16

silkcut1978_
rlngstns
Father Ted

Thanks for that info silkcut1978, I didn't know you could rip out the audio from youtube vids.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 5, 2009 01:27

soulsurvivor1
Why couldn't abkco include these bonus tracks on the original ya yas and then construct an alternate ya yas using the left over performances? They should have done that instead of giving us 12 songs by BB King & Ike & Tina on disc three. I mean Think Of It...Only 5 Additional tracks by the Stones & 12 by The Opening Bands!! Puzzling ? Then again it's ABKCO...Thyey always find a way to spoil the party!!

Charlie

It's not puzzling. It's in keeping with what the Stones originally WANTED Ya-Ya's to be. It was originally supposed to be a double LP, with the opening acts filling one LP and the Stones filling the other LP. Those were different times. The Stones actually CARED who their opening acts were. They cared enough to know that their opening acts were so good, that a live Stones album didn't have to be all about the Rolling Stones. It could be a document representing the ENTIRE concert, including the opening acts. The unreleased 1972 live album was also supposed to be a double LP, with opening act Stevie Wonder filling one LP and the Stones filling the other LP. I'm STILL hoping we get to hear that one someday.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-05 01:31 by tatters.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 5, 2009 01:32

There ya go ..... tatters is right on the ball .....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 5, 2009 01:36

silkcut1978_
rlngstns
Father Ted

I couldn't get this for a Mac so I found a similar app called GetTube and it has just dl'ed the Altamont Gimme Shelter and converted it to mp3 format in one click.

Date: September 5, 2009 01:41

Correction: Its not the Reissue industry...Its abkco...A bunch of no nothings who continue to shoot themselves in the foot because they refuse to follow proven industry success models. Could you imagine if Warner Brothers owned the 64-69 catalogue. We would of had it all by now. They would have already exhausted most options...Audio..Video...You name it...Instead we are stuck with a Mon & Pop bunch of weirdos who choose to store their treasure trove of material instead of releasing it!!! ITS PUZZLING!!

Charlie

Date: September 5, 2009 01:50

Maybe thats why they are not included in the 40th anniversary package..beacause abkco wants you to buy them all...If thats the cas I almost respect abkco in the snse that they seem to be a little more open to Outake Stuff

Charlie

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2218
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home