Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: Expanded Ya-Yas
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 5, 2009 01:58

soulsurvivor1
Correction: Its not the Reissue industry...Its abkco...A bunch of no nothings who continue to shoot themselves in the foot because they refuse to follow proven industry success models. Could you imagine if Warner Brothers owned the 64-69 catalogue. We would of had it all by now. They would have already exhausted most options...Audio..Video...You name it...Instead we are stuck with a Mon & Pop bunch of weirdos who choose to store their treasure trove of material instead of releasing it!!! ITS PUZZLING!!

Charlie

I still think ABKCO and The Stones are holding back the unreleased audio and video as a pension plan for when they retire and can't record or tour anymore..like they will need the money but...

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 5, 2009 01:59

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 5, 2009 02:04

Father Ted

Is there a boot that has this version of GS on it? To my shame, I had never heard it in its entirety before until a few minutes ago. Mea culpa.

This is pretty good, I thought and the link is still good!
[www.iorr.org]

Re: Ya Yas Project Revisited...
Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: September 5, 2009 04:36

Sighunt
I am also hopeful that if this release does well, that maybe, just maybe, it will open the door for subsequent rarities from the vaults either from the Stones or ABKCO.

Or Wolfgang's Vault? We're more likely to see Oakland '69 or San Francisco '72 from WV than from the Stones or a record label (even if it would not be lossless quality). Maybe with a Ya Ya's or Exile tie-in.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: September 5, 2009 06:23

Father Ted
Rollin' Stoner
Father Ted

Is there a boot that has this version of GS on it? To my shame, I had never heard it in its entirety before until a few minutes ago. Mea culpa.
i believe its on "A Shot Of Salvation" comp

It's not on that comp unfortunately, thanks for the suggestion.

It IS on "A Shot of Salvation;" track 4. Booklet info is wrong.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 5, 2009 07:24

i will do my own cd-r of ya ya ,,

tracks from gimme shelter (soundtrack)only msg garden tracks

and street fighting man from A Shot of Salvation.

midnight rambler from ya ya acetate,,this version is longer than ya ya´.

carol i will take the intro talk from time trip 4,,

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: September 5, 2009 08:57

Thank's a lot for the YouTube links! I can't belive what I'm hearing -new versions without overdubs from MSG '69smiling smiley A dream has come true. Thank you Rolling Stones!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 5, 2009 11:43

It was originally supposed to be a double LP, with the opening acts filling one LP side and the Stones filling the other 3

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 5, 2009 11:46

''Its not the Reissue industry...Its abkco...A bunch of no nothings who continue to shoot themselves in the foot because they refuse to follow proven industry success models''
thumbs up

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 5, 2009 12:46

I found Prodigal Son once again without the tape lag, but with some noises from that PC-game, so it is clear that the tape lag isn't due to the source.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: September 5, 2009 14:09

tatters
Harlem Shuffler

I'll never forgive the Stones for putting out A Bigger Bang Special Edition or whatever it was called in a disgusting attempt to make hardcore fans buy the same product (well, almost) twice.

What they did with ABB is common practice nowadays. Isn't there a David Gilmour album that has been released in something like six or seven different versions? We've only had THREE opportunities to buy ABB, including the 2009 remaster.

Well, tatters, if it is common practice, it still stinks.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 5, 2009 14:35

that graphics on prodigal son looks hilarious! it's ridicolous, nothing could fit less

Date: September 5, 2009 15:28

This whole GH craze is terrible for music IMO. I see it said that it gets kids to start playing guitar; but it is ass backwards. It shows the wrong idea of a song, shows a wrong idea of playing guitar an dmusic all the way. A game..with points yeech!
And the graphics to "Gotta Move" and "Prodigal" are ridiculous.

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: September 5, 2009 18:08

I understand about the original project...but this is 40 years later...abkco could have given us more stones...The questionis why do they persist in being so cheap with the bonus material..They are a REISSUE LABEL...Stones fans want more...And Deserve More..

CHARLIE

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: September 5, 2009 20:57

I love that Detroit LQ clip. That is a band confident in what it is doing and how it does it. Take a listen to the chord changes in the Oakland 2nd performance of that song. I am not sure who is driving the variations, Taylor or Keith, but it is a rhythmic joy.

But speaking of "Ya-Ya's," by far and away my most purchased album. Multiple vinyls, tapes and CDs versions. Live or dubbed, it is an enduring piece of recorded music.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 5, 2009 21:41

pmk251

But speaking of "Ya-Ya's," by far and away my most purchased album. Multiple vinyls, tapes and CDs versions. Live or dubbed, it is an enduring piece of recorded music.

I guess my most purchased album would be Sticky Fingers. Never really thought about it before. Good subject for a thread of its own.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: September 5, 2009 22:47

Oh man is this great!!!!!!!!!!!! I just listened to Under my Thumb, sounds fantastic! Prodical sounds good, Satisfaction is good albeit I prefer the version in the film, and I'm free . . . is that the tag to undermy thumb? Did they do that like that in NYC like they did it in, I think Detroit? I prefer, however, the Oakland "slow" version of I'm free, but what the hell, so glad this is coming out . . . Anyone know the release date???

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 5, 2009 22:49

dont like the slow version, much prefer the medley version

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: September 6, 2009 05:29

We'll get more archive material when 1)Jagger decides to philosophically accept that it is o.k. in his mind to not be intimidated by the past and issue archive material (in other words, he needs to quit being so unsentimental and cold-hearted about the past) and 2) ABKCO, the Stones and Universal all sit down and work something out and 3)that Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman are allowed to profit from their contributions of whatever material ends up coming out.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 6, 2009 05:57

then why is he letting this come out?

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: September 6, 2009 15:35

melillo
then why is he letting this come out?

All 5 songs worth?

My first music love is Elvis Presley, and we thought we were hard done by on the outtake front by RCA/BMG, but then early this decade they introduced an Elvis collectors label called Follow That Dream Records. Since then there may have been 1000 alternate recordings released, plus countless live shows. I hope I don't have to wait for a quarter of a century after the deaths of Mick and Keef to hear some of their unreleased glory.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 6, 2009 16:08

Probably those five were the "original" ones which were edited/overdubbed decades ago,so they wanted to avoid the Live at Leeds effect revoicing whatever with some
other tracks,to keep the originality as far as possible.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 6, 2009 16:17

Couldnt they restore all the verses to "Sympathy" without violating terms of an agreement?

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 6, 2009 16:18

there is no doubt these 5 extra songs coming out were part of the polished set worked on by the band and destined for GYYYO album.

still puzzling why Satisfaction wasn't put on the original version as this was/is a killer track on that Tour....but I guess Sympathy & MR had to be the album and the 45 min restriction probably squeezed it off.

finally we have it...will just have to re-order the album as it was played back in 1969 !!

many thanks to the guys who put the youtube tracks up...excellent!

Incidently, is it just my ears or are these tracks running a tad fast?

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: September 6, 2009 16:43

Eleanor Rigby

Incidently, is it just my ears or are these tracks running a tad fast?

Satisfaction sounds incredibly fast but I guess they just played it that way.
The Gimme Shelter version has one verse edited in from this performance (28, 1st show) and it´s running equally fast.

Regarding Under My Thumb/I´m Free (November 27) and the acoustic songs (November 28, 2nd) I don´t hear any difference on the appropriate audience tapes.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 6, 2009 16:57

scottkeef
Father Ted

This is pretty good, I thought and the link is still good!
[www.iorr.org]

First time for me either that I hear this complete version.

Best live version ever og GS, think it's even better then the studio.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: September 6, 2009 18:18

Father Ted
Rollin' Stoner
Father Ted

i believe its on "A Shot Of Salvation" comp

It's not on that comp unfortunately, thanks for the suggestion.

I have silver pressed disc of "Shot Of Salvation" and it's on my disc.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: September 6, 2009 18:24

Palace Revolution 2000
This whole GH craze is terrible for music IMO. I see it said that it gets kids to start playing guitar; but it is ass backwards. It shows the wrong idea of a song, shows a wrong idea of playing guitar an dmusic all the way. A game..with points yeech!
And the graphics to "Gotta Move" and "Prodigal" are ridiculous.

I don't believe GH makes kids start playing guitar. Guitar Hero is nothing like playing a real guitar. It's for people that don't play real guitars, and that's ok, but I don't think it contributes to more kids picking up guitars.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 6, 2009 18:53

Took me a minut to figure out where GH stands for ......Gimmi Helter .......Goats Heads .........Get Happy .............sorry must be aging I think

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-06 21:16 by NICOS.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 6, 2009 20:27

Eleanor Rigby
still puzzling why Satisfaction wasn't put on the original version as this was/is a killer track on that Tour....

My personal guess is that maybe they didnt want to duplicate any of the songs that were on Got Live if You Want it released 4 years previously - I dont think its a coincidence that of the 5 songs left off GYYYO, two of them (Satisfaction and Under My thumb) were the only two songs performed that were also released on their first live album.

They had a trend back then not to duplicate live versions too much in a short period of time. Love You Live only has 3 songs (out of 19) that were on Ya Yas, and Still Life repeats no songs that were on LYL.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2334
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home