Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14
Re: Paris 2002 Sessions
Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: April 20, 2018 02:13

Thank you

Posted by: SlippingAway ()
Date: April 20, 2018 04:30

Thank You!!

Posted by: holsten ()
Date: April 20, 2018 07:13

please send me a link
gth@comhem.se

Posted by: joguema ()
Date: April 20, 2018 08:54

holsten
please send me a link
[email protected]

There's a link only a handful of posts above yours.

Posted by: hansalwa ()
Date: April 20, 2018 10:05

Thank you

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: April 21, 2018 04:34

Is this the same than "Forty licks sessions in the studio" shared here by exilestones??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-21 04:47 by Argentino.

Posted by: hajduk ()
Date: May 9, 2018 18:52

Please can someone send me a link.
Thank you

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: May 28, 2018 23:57

where is the link ???

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 1, 2018 00:02

Meanwhile expired.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 29, 2018 18:43

If you ever wondered how these tracks leaked :

"The following are songs I've heard from 2002 Stones sessions. These are not fragments as Jagger suggests, though unfinished in the manner of other Stones outtakes, with unfinished lead vocals:

Just Because (a good country-tinged rocker reminiscent of the Some Girls bonus album. Not the Jerry Lee Lewis song)
Dreams
Cried Out
Because?
Love is a Test
When I Call Your Name
You Don't Wanna

Plus the original versions of Don't Stop Keys to Your Love"

"My late manager Gerry, who was pretty much Stones inner circle, got a copy from Danny Saber. Neither of us ever asked Don Was, who is/was a friend of each of ours, what the story was about why the Stones appeared to be working with Danny in '02 but finished the tracks off with him. It would have been uncouth".

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-30 10:21 by dcba.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 29, 2018 19:11

Merci dcba! The more info the better!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 29, 2018 22:08

Methinks the long-rumoured BTB outtakes would stem from the same "Danny Saber ---> Gerry ---> TerryB" lineage...

Posted by: frodeyen ()
Date: August 29, 2018 22:24

I missed this one. Can you please send me the link.
frodeyen@gmail.com

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: August 29, 2018 22:37

Filefactory:
[www.filefactory.com]

WT (until September 5th):
[we.tl]

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: nick ()
Date: August 30, 2018 03:41

I am still enjoying those tracks!

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: August 30, 2018 06:52

nick
I am still enjoying those tracks!

Same here

What song is this,... "Dreams"?
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 13, 2023 09:33

I never heard it before

Re: What song is this,... "Dreams"?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 13, 2023 11:25

'Dreams' (Jagger, Richards) - Forty Licks Outtakes 2002:

[www.YouTube.com] , [dbboots.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 13, 2023 11:27

Paris 2002 sessions

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 13, 2023 12:40

gotdablouse
Paris 2002 sessions

I have wondered about those Paris, 2002, sessions. They seemingly worked on a fair number of tracks. I suppose we can only speculate as to whether they were merely running through possibilities for the four ‘new tracks’ that’d later appear on 40 Licks, or were they working on material for a follow-up to 1997’s, Bridges to Babylon? I have also pondered over why there were four ‘new tracks’ on 40 Licks, as it seems a little much. We could’ve had Little Red Rooster (U.K. #1), Heart of Stone, etc. Instead, they gifted the public Keys to Your Love and Losing My Touch. In my opinion, Don’t Stop would’ve sufficed.

Date: October 13, 2023 13:44

Big Al
gotdablouse
Paris 2002 sessions

I have wondered about those Paris, 2002, sessions. They seemingly worked on a fair number of tracks. I suppose we can only speculate as to whether they were merely running through possibilities for the four ‘new tracks’ that’d later appear on 40 Licks, or were they working on material for a follow-up to 1997’s, Bridges to Babylon? I have also pondered over why there were four ‘new tracks’ on 40 Licks, as it seems a little much. We could’ve had Little Red Rooster (U.K. #1), Heart of Stone, etc. Instead, they gifted the public Keys to Your Love and Losing My Touch. In my opinion, Don’t Stop would’ve sufficed.

It sounded like they planned a new album. However, judging by the demos available, they were nowhere near finished - hence they scrapped the project.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-13 13:45 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 13, 2023 13:55

Yes these sessions are a bit of a mystery, initially they went in to record the couple of tracks promised at the Blimp PC a few weeks before and that Keith said had yet to be recorded, "only a small problem" or something like that. Then they showed up and Mick must have bombarded them with all his new songs and since they had the time they just went ahead and demoed them to see what would stick I suppose.

There's that screenshot from the Licks video where the tracks are numbered up to 35 or something like that with even the well-known "Still in Love" title.

So theynhad all these tracks but it was too late to backtrack and release a new album instead of 40 Licks and change the clever/lucrative format of the tour so they decided to put 4 tracks on 40 Licks and as you say it didn't make much sense but we were still happy to get these tracks at the time ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 13, 2023 16:05

gotdablouse
Yes these sessions are a bit of a mystery, initially they went in to record the couple of tracks promised at the Blimp PC a few weeks before and that Keith said had yet to be recorded, "only a small problem" or something like that. Then they showed up and Mick must have bombarded them with all his new songs and since they had the time they just went ahead and demoed them to see what would stick I suppose.

There's that screenshot from the Licks video where the tracks are numbered up to 35 or something like that with even the well-known "Still in Love" title.

So theynhad all these tracks but it was too late to backtrack and release a new album instead of 40 Licks and change the clever/lucrative format of the tour so they decided to put 4 tracks on 40 Licks and as you say it didn't make much sense but we were still happy to get these tracks at the time ;-)

Yes, that’s how I felt at the time. As a, then, ‘young fan’ and relative newbie, I was absolutely thrilled to be getting four brand, spanking new tracks, but in hindsight…

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 13, 2023 18:56

As noted in a previous thread that got merged somewhere, I think that these songs (the unreleased ones and the 4 that ended up on 40 licks) - as a whole - aged quite well. The album, if released, foe sure would not have been a masterpiece, but for sure I would have enjoyed it a lot!

C

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: October 14, 2023 00:02

Not Paris 2002.... Paris 1985...

Mick has a right-hand drive Mercedes

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 14, 2023 02:35

DandelionPowderman
Big Al
gotdablouse
Paris 2002 sessions

It sounded like they planned a new album. However, judging by the demos available, they were nowhere near finished - hence they scrapped the project.

The way I remember it, they wanted to record a few new songs for 40 Licks (to enhance sales to fans who already have a ton of Stones compilations resting in their shelves). Ronnie Wood said in an interview that within a very short time they had enough songs for a complete new album but would have needed one or two more weeks to really finish them all, which they didn't have because of the impending Licks tour.

I'm not sure if they were planning on a new album at that time because 40 Licks was already scheduled for release, and I doubt they would have released a new album an a 2-CD-compilations at the same time. I understood Ronnie rather as saying htey were productive sessions but they had no time to finish all the new material. There's quite some discussion on this in the new album thread aand certainly also farther up in this thread.

Posted by: Tantekäthe ()
Date: October 14, 2023 07:05

Irix
'Dreams' (Jagger, Richards) - Forty Licks Outtakes 2002:

[www.YouTube.com] , [dbboots.com]

Listened to this today, and it was an eye-opener: how could those promising sessions result in the four turds that eventually made it onto the 40 Licks collection? And more specifically, what happened to "Don't Stop" on the very last mile - this is a night-and-day thing, who drove all life and colour out of this originally crunchy and appealing tune and turned it into the by-numbers-painting that was officially released?

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: October 14, 2023 10:41

...Dreams” by Mick will become”Trouble” by Keith..!

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: October 14, 2023 10:59

jp.M
...Dreams” by Mick will become”Trouble” by Keith..!

"Just Because"

Date: October 14, 2023 11:00

What?! Trouble already existed and was demoed at these same sessions.

--------------

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2042
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home