Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314
Current Page: 14 of 14
Re: Paris 2002 Sessions
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 14, 2023 20:42

Well, eventually he kinda got around to it.

(W)e've got (new tracks) in the can, and in a way I'm going to try to work on them and see if there's an album in there or the beginnings of an album or what. It seems like there's a lot there and it was a very profitable and prolific month in Paris, so I'm not going to just let them sit in the can and forget about them. But at the moment I can't do anything but this. But once this tour gets going, maybe I'll find some time to start working on them.

- Keith Richards, August 2002

And it seems that this never happened:

(We recorded) 28 bits: 28 songs is pushing it, wouldn't that be nice? But there's a lot of great ideas, we've got a lot of stuff for an album that could come afterwards. Maybe with technology we could finish it on the road, like we did with Stripped.

- Mick Jagger, August 2002

I don't remember how much is actually finished. When the tour gets to be like clockwork, we can work on some of the songs on the road.

- Mick Jagger, October 2002

[timeisonourside.com]

Re: What song is this,... "Dreams"?
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 15, 2023 00:41

Tantekäthe
Irix
'Dreams' (Jagger, Richards) - Forty Licks Outtakes 2002:

[www.YouTube.com] , [dbboots.com]

Listened to this today, and it was an eye-opener: how could those promising sessions result in the four turds that eventually made it onto the 40 Licks collection? And more specifically, what happened to "Don't Stop" on the very last mile - this is a night-and-day thing, who drove all life and colour out of this originally crunchy and appealing tune and turned it into the by-numbers-painting that was officially released?

I must admit that I listen to the Paris Sessions much more often than I listen to ABB, VL or SW. Three or four more such songs and we would have had a real nice album. What, to me, adds to the charm of the Paris Sessions is that what you hear is just the band (i.e. incl. Chuck and Darryl) playing the songs, naturally, relaxed, inspired, even jamming for a few moments at times. Just the band the way they are and play together as a band, no overdubs, no overproduction. What these recordings show is that they are simply a good band that wouldn't need any production tricks in the studio. I always wished we would once get an album that captures the sound (and approach) of these sessions (with more finished lyrics of course) but in all likelihood that'll never happen.

Hard to believe it's already 5 years since this surfaced. Seems like yesterday.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314
Current Page: 14 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home