Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 43 of 46
Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 8, 2017 18:53

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Bag almost packed, time for hamburgers and pre show drinks and tommorrow 08.30 500 kms autobahn!

Welcome Sir. I am hollandphil. You're from NL, aren' you?

Enjoy the feast.

d.f

Ik wens je prettige Stonesdagen.

Edit: Grammat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 18:58 by dead.flowers.

Re: Hamburg Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 8, 2017 18:54

dead.flowers
stone4ever
Topi
stone4ever
Is it just me, but i'm not really interested in the backing singers or their autographs. There are only four Rolling Stones members as far as i'm concerned.
I'm sure Bernard and Sasha are lovely talented people though, as was Lisa.
If there is a 5th Stone it has to be Chuck and i don't even want his autograph, i guess i would enjoy talking to him about the Stones and the Planet and how he is not my favorite choice as a pianist for this band. Chance would be a fine thing winking smiley

No big fish to be seen, gotta go for the small.

I can't get over how unobtainable the Stones have become.
Such secrecy to everything these days.
Google Ronnie or Keith, not one picture of them in months.
Ok we got one of Keith with his guitars behind him but that's it.
I just miss seeing the guys come out and sign autographs etc.

Diffucult it seems, stoned4ever, I'm sitting in the Park, under the trees (shelter), with umbrella, getting pissed by the (pouring) rain.

No sign of soundcheck.

2007 in Hamburg, day after the show, when they left the Hotel for the airport, Charlie, being the only one to get out to his limo on foot, signed thru the car window to a couple of pushy autograph seekers, he gave me however a nice nod and
a smile to my thumbs up gestures.

d.f

Look fwd to Sat'day. Meet me in GA?

Have a great day Saturday, hopefully the weather improves for you, and hopefully they turn up for a sound check soon. smoking smiley

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 8, 2017 18:57

laertisflash
After all these observations and explanations (thanks for the info, electricmud!), about the strong relationship between blues and Germany, i wonder: Elbe or Mississippi is this river, near the beautiful venue?

The park is that nice. But the Mississippi is the Ole' Man River.

d.f

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-08 19:00 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: September 8, 2017 18:59

gotdablouse
slewan

Mr.D that's a good surprise, the only real surprise actually. The new arrangement with the backing vocals sounds pretty good too.

Where is Mick Taylor when we desperately need him?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 8, 2017 19:10

stone4ever
Is it just me, but i'm not really interested in the backing singers or their autographs. There are only four Rolling Stones members as far as i'm concerned.
If there is a 5th Stone it has to be Chuck and i don't even want his autograph, i guess i would enjoy talking to him about the Stones and the Planet and how he is not my favorite choice as a pianist for this band. Chance would be a fine thing winking smiley

I met Chuck and his wife Rose ,strolling along the main street in Oslo in May 2014 , just a couple of hours after final rehearsals at Telenor Arena.
He was more interested in talking about me being a Stones fan and what gigs I was going to and been to in the past. Walking and talking for about 20 minutes I guess, but obviously I didn't talk about private Stones related stuff.
That would just be bad manners on my part.
Not very likely to bump into the four main lads, but fans have met them and chatted just by being in the right place at the right time..................and being polite. smiling smiley

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 8, 2017 19:17

crawdaddy
stone4ever

I met Chuck and his wife Rose ,strolling along the main street in Oslo in May 2014 , just a couple of hours after final rehearsals at Telenor Arena.
He was more interested in talking about me being a Stones fan and what gigs I was going to and been to in the past. Walking and talking for about 20 minutes I guess, but obviously I didn't talk about private Stones related stuff.
That would just be bad manners on my part.
Not very likely to bump into the four main lads, but fans have met them and chatted just by being in the right place at the right time..................and being polite. smiling smiley

That's nice, he seems a very down to earth man, i was joking of course when i said i would tell him how he is not my favorite choice pianist for this band lol.
It's too late in the day for changes like that now and i have grown to appreciate his loyalty to the band.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 8, 2017 19:24

New Hamburg merch:

Hamburg

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 19:28

Hairball
New Hamburg merch:

Hamburg

sorry but I don't like it

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 8, 2017 19:29

Hairball
New Hamburg merch:

Hamburg

sorry but I don't like it

Haha me neither, just passing on the info.!

Date: September 8, 2017 19:31

I know

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 8, 2017 19:35

Posted by: basti ()
Date: September 8, 2017 19:37

Great Litho smiling smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 8, 2017 19:38

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 19:38

so a question

standing in the PIT
seated in the block A1 A8 right behind the PIT
than SILVER PIT ... seated or standing ...
BEHIND silver PIT general entrance .. ??

richard

Date: September 8, 2017 19:41

bye bye johnny

[therollingstonesshop.com]

heavy rain expectations?

Date: September 8, 2017 19:42

dead.flowers
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Bag almost packed, time for hamburgers and pre show drinks and tommorrow 08.30 500 kms autobahn!

Welcome Sir. I am hollandphil. You're from NL, aren' you?

Enjoy the feast.

d.f

Ik wens je prettige Stonesdagen.

Edit: Grammat

Yea yes, eindhoven

Have a great show!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 8, 2017 19:49

stone4ever
Topi
stone4ever

No big fish to be seen, gotta go for the small.

I can't get over how unobtainable the Stones have become.
Such secrecy to everything these days.
Google Ronnie or Keith, not one picture of them in months.
Ok we got one of Keith with his guitars behind him but that's it.
I just miss seeing the guys come out and sign autographs etc.

Sure the awful weather didn't help any today. Word is the guys used the garage for out/in.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 8, 2017 19:52

HAMBURG MEETING PLACES:

I am stuck out in Stadtpark in the rain working most of the time this week, so I haven't really got time to find a proper meeting place. However, there have been some suggestions. This is the list:

Block Braue Bei den St. Pauli-Landungsbrücken 3
Jolly Roger, Budapester Str. 44

As for places near the venue, some close on show day, other ask for cover charges, and those who are opne will be completely packed, so I don't have any suggestions there.

Feel free to suggest any of the above, or others here, so that everyone may have a place to meet up with others from IORR.

Bjornulf

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 8, 2017 19:54

bye bye johnny

[therollingstonesshop.com]

if it keeps on raining like it's raining right we will be able to swin in Hamburg Stadtpark, too

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: September 8, 2017 20:02

26 hours to go...

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 20:20

Don't know if it was posted before:

Today's (7th Sept.) soundcheck featured:
It's Only Rock & Roll
Tumbling Dice
Sympathy For The Devil
Play with fire
Just your fool
Ride 'em on down
Dancing With Mr D
Under my Thumb
Gimme Shelter

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

see: [rocksoff.org]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 8, 2017 20:25

werther2003

Don't know if it was posted before:

Yes, here: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 8, 2017 20:26

'That's nice, he seems a very down to earth man, i was joking of course when i said i would tell him how he is not my favorite choice pianist for this band lol.
It's too late in the day for changes like that now and i have grown to appreciate his loyalty to the band.'

Yes! I knew you were joking stone4ever. smoking smiley

Date: September 8, 2017 20:35

DECCA61
so a question

standing in the PIT
seated in the block A1 A8 right behind the PIT
than SILVER PIT ... seated or standing ...
BEHIND silver PIT general entrance .. ??

richard

Silver pit is all standing. GA is behind Silver pit.

Posted by: meck1211 ()
Date: September 8, 2017 20:56

Having arrived.
Preparing by visiting HSV-Leipzig.
Two Events are better than one

Posted by: TE ()
Date: September 8, 2017 20:59

grzegorz67
slewan
come on folks, it just as simple as that: The answer to the question "Is … allowed" is always: NO
It's a wonder that we are allows to bring our bones with us (they can be dangerous weapons, of course)

I am as pissed off as anyone else that Cameras aren't allowed. I was at the Stadtpark yesterday and there are big signs everywhere saying what is permitted. I advise everyone to respect the rules even if they displease you. Security are everywhere. Just enjoy the show. I think it's going to be a good one. There will be plenty of professional pictures to enjoy on the internet.

Will be a great day to get rid of my camera (the worst I have). Hope I can remove the battery and mem card, before I smash it. LOL

TE
Oslo

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: September 8, 2017 21:04

Dancing With Mr. D!!!!!!!

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg OMG omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 8, 2017 21:11

stevecardi

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg OMG omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!

I know... Right? spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: September 8, 2017 21:19

WoW, the new stage and graphics on the screens in the video's look amazing!

And Dancing with Mr. D!!

Date: September 8, 2017 21:45

We must be so gratefull that our band is still playing. We are so lucky...!

This exicitment makes me so happy

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 43 of 46

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1766
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home