Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Date: December 1, 2017 16:10

retired_dog
MelBelli
Can confirm it’s for thr Stones — and for the reasons we’ve speculated. Keith wants to develop his stuff as far along as he can before he’s in the same room with Mick.

Hope that the new album can still be called a band effort and not just a loose collection of solo recordings released under the Stones moniker.

We can at at least hope that the preparations being done now (Mick's demos and Keith's recordings with Jordan) will be used to get every band member to live and breathe these songs - really get to know them well. Hopefully, they're re-recording everything together - from scratch.

I'm afraid they're choosing the easy way with this, though...

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: December 1, 2017 16:55

The new stones album is in the can already,will be coming out april or may ,just before the tour for UK will start. START ME UP, OUT OF CONTROL,fans be ready will be rocking to STONES new album.YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Date: December 1, 2017 17:00

kish_stoned
The new stones album is in the can already,will be coming out april or may ,just before the tour for UK will start. START ME UP, OUT OF CONTROL,fans be ready will be rocking to STONES new album.YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Keith was just showing off last night, you mean? smiling smiley

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: December 1, 2017 17:21

YEAAAA KEITH DOES HAVE HIS OWN PROJECTS TO DO TOO, SO WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN APRIL,MAY OR JUNE 2018 WITH HOT SINGLE TOO,GOTTA GET A GRIP.ENJOY AND GET YOUR ROCKS OFF.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 1, 2017 17:58

KRiffhard
retired_dog
MelBelli
Can confirm it’s for thr Stones — and for the reasons we’ve speculated. Keith wants to develop his stuff as far along as he can before he’s in the same room with Mick.

Hope that the new album can still be called a band effort and not just a loose collection of solo recordings released under the Stones moniker.

thumbs up

That would be a best case scenario, although there was a quote from Mick (forget the context, date, etc.) where he said - paraphrase - Keith can be stubborn in the studio. He'll criticize and/or veto songs and ideas from Mick just for the sake of being difficult. Maybe that's what happened with Getta Grip/England Lost - always found it weird that Keith didn't want to contribute to those. He stated he wants things more Stonesy, and even hinted at a Blue and Lonesome pt. II, but those Mick singles are not some out of this world experimental neo-electronica/contemporary dance junk. If Keith would have added a few slashy riffs and some background vocals, and maybe edit down some of the production, they might have been worthy of Stones songs. Not saying they would have been classics, but without Keith on them they're much lesser than they could have been imo.

Date: December 1, 2017 18:05

Do we have any proof of Keith refusing to play on GGAG and EL?

Date: December 1, 2017 18:10

No absolute proof (as in a direct quote from Keith), but I think it was georgelicks who stated that to be the case. Or maybe it was Rocky Dijon?
It's buried in this thread somewhere as I remember LongBeach asking the same thing and I had to retrieve the info. in a quote - don't have time to slog through it all now.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 1, 2017 18:23

kish_stoned
YEAAAA KEITH DOES HAVE HIS OWN PROJECTS TO DO TOO, SO WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN APRIL,MAY OR JUNE 2018 WITH HOT SINGLE TOO,GOTTA GET A GRIP.ENJOY AND GET YOUR ROCKS OFF.

I don't think so

Date: December 1, 2017 18:33

@Dandelion, I gave it a quick shot to find the quote regarding Keith by looking for posts from georgelicks, and then ran across this post from Lorenz dated July 2nd:

Lorenz
Reading this thread is basically just sorting through every post as fast as possible to see if georgelicks has added something.

Ha - some things haven't changed - I came up empty handed and decided try again some other time.

Date: December 1, 2017 18:33

Hairball
No absolute proof (as in a direct quote from Keith), but I think it was georgelicks who stated that to be the case. Or maybe it was Rocky Dijon?
It's buried in this thread somewhere as I remember LongBeach asking the same thing and I had to retrieve the info. in a quote - don't have time to slog through it all now.

Are you reffering to MelBelli?

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: July 19, 2017 21:26
"Keith was not a fan of this tune. ... I wish they could've come up with this modus operandi a long time ago: Mick putting his pop experiments out on the side, heading off arguments with Keith, and letting the collective work continue"
(...)
"I'm not personally an insider, but I do know one. I'm saying Keith did not like this song (Clifford also involved, natch), and so it became a Mick single"

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-01 18:35 by KRiffhard.

Date: December 1, 2017 18:42

KRiffhard
Hairball

"Keith was not a fan of this tune. ... I wish they could've come up with this modus operandi a long time ago: Mick putting his pop experiments out on the side, heading off arguments with Keith, and letting the collective work continue"
(...)
"I'm not personally an insider, but I do know one. I'm saying Keith did not like this song (Clifford also involved, natch), and so it became a Mick single"

[iorr.org]

No not that, but similar to that. I'm pretty sure the word "refused" was involved.
Maybe it was Heniz...or georglicks...or Rocky Dijon...or...?

Date: December 1, 2017 18:56

Hairball
KRiffhard
Hairball

(...)

[iorr.org]

No not that, but similar to that. I'm pretty sure the word "refused" was involved.

Georgelicks!!
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 1, 2017 21:32

I can tell from my source that both songs were from the Stones' sessions for the new album, both Ronnie and Charlie are on it but Keith refused to play, just like he did not play on Saint Of Me.
Both songs were re-worked as Mick Jagger solo songs, Universal wanted something out to test the market and keep the hype about the new album and Mick was happy to put something out.
There are more songs like these from the 15 or so new songs recorded so far, but it looks like Keith wants a classic Rolling Stones sounding album, no dance or experimental stuff on it so there's the fight for the final cut of the new album.
A Bridges To Babylon situation again, but 20 years later.
[iorr.org]

Date: December 1, 2017 19:02

KRiffhard
Hairball
KRiffhard
Hairball

(...)

[iorr.org]

Georgelicks!!

I can tell from my source that both songs were from the Stones' sessions for the new album, both Ronnie and Charlie are on it but Keith refused to play, just like he did not play on Saint Of Me.
Both songs were re-worked as Mick Jagger solo songs, Universal wanted something out to test the market and keep the hype about the new album and Mick was happy to put something out.
There are more songs like these from the 15 or so new songs recorded so far, but it looks like Keith wants a classic Rolling Stones sounding album, no dance or experimental stuff on it so there's the fight for the final cut of the new album.
[iorr.org]

That's the one!thumbs up

I tried to take a shortcut and quickly skim through georgelick's posts via search over the last 9 months, and came up with nothing regarding the Keith "refusal", but maybe skimmed too quickly!
Thanks for finding that as my curiosity was going in to overdrive!

This one from last February caught my attention though.

georgelicks
"You shape your life around making a record, and really, so far, there hasn't really been an appetite for that. So, we've been doing it in a couple of little bursts."
"But I will tell you we’re a ways off yet until we’re done"

Don Was right words.

Also, Ronnie's last words about the whole thing on December 2:
"We have sort of tentatively booked in the near future. But with everybody dealing with Christmas coming up, having a little bit of time to put your feet up because we haven't really stopped - I know Charlie wants the month of March off, which is fine: let's have a holiday, whatever. And I don't blame him! So by the time we've all done a bit of that, we'll get back in the studio and finish up what we've started the new songs-wise. Keith just tried to get us into the studio in New York last week. He said Can't we go in? Can't we find some time? It was Hang on, do us a favour, we've all got Christmas coming up, we've got to spent time with our families!... It's going to pick up steam again."

I was told about booked studio time in London around February 21-22, only for a week. As we see, March is off due to Charlie's request.

And then lot's of things happened...Ronnie's illness, Getta Grip, No Filter Tour, etc.
Maybe everything's back on track, and all the cards will fall into place between now and the UK tour?

Date: December 1, 2017 19:12

KRiffhard
Hairball
KRiffhard
Hairball

(...)

[iorr.org]

Georgelicks!!

[iorr.org]

Other songs like Gotta Get a Grip and England Lost?! No, please don't... thumbs down

Date: December 1, 2017 19:15

Lots of info in that quote from georgelicks that has been echoed throughout this thread the last few months:

"Keith wants a classic Rolling Stones sounding album, no dance or experimental stuff on it so there's the fight for the final cut of the new album".

Date: December 1, 2017 19:59

This is *not* coming from inside but, rather, my own hunch: I can easily envision Mick challenging Keith along the lines of “If you don’t like what I’ve written, come up with something you *do* like!”

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 1, 2017 20:14

MelBelli

Thanks, Mel.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 1, 2017 20:17

I posted this on the "On Air" thread, but this interview with Keith deserves to be pasted here as well:

“I’m really happy with the last album, the blues album,” he said. “It was one of the things we felt we had to do, but it worked out really great.”

Does that mean we might see a sequel one day soon?

“We’re working on some new [material] now,” he said. “There’s a new album in the works. We’re slowly putting it together.”

As for another modern-day collection of their favorite old blues numbers, Richards uttered another lascivious laugh and said, “I’m going to sound like Trump now: ‘Trust me. We’re working on it.’”

[www.latimes.com]

Date: December 1, 2017 21:10

Cristiano Radtke
I posted this on the "On Air" thread, but this interview with Keith deserves to be pasted here as well:

“I’m really happy with the last album, the blues album,” he said. “It was one of the things we felt we had to do, but it worked out really great.”

“We’re working on some new [material] now,” he said. “There’s a new album in the works. We’re slowly putting it together.”

As for another modern-day collection of their favorite old blues numbers, Richards uttered another lascivious laugh and said, “I’m going to sound like Trump now: ‘Trust me. We’re working on it.’”

[www.latimes.com]

Thanks Cristiano!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 1, 2017 22:22

Cristiano Radtke
Richards uttered another lascivious laugh and said, “I’m going to sound like Trump now: ‘Trust me. We’re working on it.’”

He doesn't sound like the orange traitor at all.
To do that he would have to say it was going to be the greatest album ever made and add some racist comment.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 1, 2017 22:49

Fanks Cristiano that's all we need ta know ....

Nobody knows the Gotta Get A Grip / Keith circumstances
it's all just speculation but remember around that time
Keith would have been dealing with a major family matter ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 1, 2017 23:06

Cristiano Radtke

[www.latimes.com]

Good stuff. Thanks, Cristiano.

Date: December 1, 2017 23:22

Rockman

Exactly.

Date: December 1, 2017 23:41

Cristiano Radtke

[www.latimes.com]

Thanks Cristiano.thumbs up

Hmmm....maybe a double whammy with one album of old blues covers and the other new originals which could possibly be the best of both worlds.
The originals would show they still have some creativity and something to say - whether or not it will be worthy is anybody's guess - time will tell.
And if some or all of that is not the greatest (as heard on ABB for example) then there's always the standard blues covers.

As for the No Filter:

"We just got off the road, and I wish there were a few more shows. We were just hitting a groove"!

thumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 1, 2017 23:46

DandelionPowderman
Rockman

Exactly.

Indeed. Some people here just want to see it and everything on a bad light, no matter what happens.

To me it just looks great - in regards to the photo - that Keith Richards is phoned at the studio, no matter what he does there... There was a time when Keith Richards answered when asked about his job description, as 'making records'. Beautiful to see a glimpse of that!

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-01 23:50 by Doxa.

Date: December 2, 2017 00:27

Mick and Keith both work separately on this new album, when they agree on certain songs the whole band is involved.
Mick works with Charlie and Matt Clifford, Keith with Steve Jordan and Don Was.

Gotta Get A Grip and England Lost were songs that Keith rejected and Mick wanted to release on its own.

I've been told that Mick has already written enough songs to fill 3 or 4 new albums.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: December 2, 2017 00:34

georgelicks
Mick and Keith both work separately on this new album, when they agree on certain songs the whole band is involved.

Gotta Get A Grip and England Lost were songs that Keith rejected and Mick wanted to release on its own.

I've been told that Mick has already written enough songs to fill 3 or 4 new albums.

That is great news. Gotta Get a Grip was really promising.

Date: December 2, 2017 00:48

georgelicks

Thanks for the info, georgelicks!

It looks more and more that the pattern of BRIDGES TO BABYLON is applied here. Mick and Keith more or less doing the things by their own. Will there be ever a 'let's play the songs from the scratch by whole band' or not, we will see in future (I am a bit skeptical about that, like Dandie hinted in the post above).

Interesting to see that Charlie belongs more to 'Mick's camp' than that of Keith's. Where is Ronnie? Babysitting?grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: December 2, 2017 00:49

georgelicks

Interesting - wonder how many more of those Keith will reject (or has already rejected) before they find some common ground.
At the same time, wonder if Mick has rejected any Keith songs - or is Keith still limited to his "three dynamite riffs" that he's hoping to work out with the band.
With Mick being so prolific, you'd think (and hope) Keith would be able to agree to some of them? Or as Mick said in the past, maybe Keith is being difficult just for the sake of being difficult.
Wondering how far along the process is, and/or how many they've been able to agree on after all this time. Maybe these December sessions will produce some positive results benefited by some post-No Filter energy

Date: December 2, 2017 01:12

Edited since the recent Keith quote was already posted here above by Christiano Radtke.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-02 11:13 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2157
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home