Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...979899100101102103104105106107...LastNext
Current Page: 102 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Date: December 5, 2017 13:44

spunky
Lets wait till christmas...

I know what I'm getting (both of the On Air-releases). Until then, I'll have to settle with Spotify winking smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 5, 2017 14:16

I just got a "like" from @officialkeef on Instagram to my post/plead for new original Stones music... Well, it's something!!!

Rod

Date: December 5, 2017 14:17

thumbs up

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: December 5, 2017 14:51

thumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 5, 2017 15:26

DandelionPowderman
spunky
DandelionPowderman
spunky
Translated from the Sympathy for the Devils site:
"Also expected, the Fonda theater, which has only resulted in a partial audio output, would finally be scheduled for this year on DVD and Blu Ray.The sixties will also be in the spotlight, in audio and video And finally, live CD side, Eagle offers us very good surprises before the summer ..

So the 60's is the On Air release and the surprises for last summer is L&G, Some Girls live in Texas and the Checkerboard Lounge CD releases.

Could be, but stuff already released are hardly «good surprises»?

This was posted in April on the Sympathy for the Devils site

I know, but Live In Texas and Checkerboard Lounge (albeit extended) were not «good surprises» anyhow, by that time.

From IORR news (July 4):

And from the Daily Mail article (read it with a grain of salt, as always):

"Along with Ronnie Wood, 70, and Charlie Watts, 76, they will release a live compilation album around Christmas."

EDIT: The news confirming the "On Air" release were first published on July 6, five days after those vague news about the release of a "live compilation" were published on DM, so they could refer to the same record. On any case, let's see what happens.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-05 15:55 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: December 5, 2017 15:50

Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman
spunky
DandelionPowderman
spunky
"Also expected, the Fonda theater, which has only resulted in a partial audio output, would finally be scheduled for this year on DVD and Blu Ray.The sixties will also be in the spotlight, in audio and video And finally, live CD side, Eagle offers us very good surprises before the summer ..

So the 60's is the On Air release and the surprises for last summer is L&G, Some Girls live in Texas and the Checkerboard Lounge CD releases.

I know, but Live In Texas and Checkerboard Lounge (albeit extended) were not «good surprises» anyhow, by that time.

From IORR news (July 4):

"Along with Ronnie Wood, 70, and Charlie Watts, 76, they will release a live compilation album around Christmas."

Yeah, but that must surely be «On Air»?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 5, 2017 15:57

DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman
spunky
DandelionPowderman
spunky

From IORR news (July 4):

I added this to I've posted above:

"The news confirming the "On Air" release were first published on July 6, five days after those vague news about the release of a "live compilation" were published on DM, so they could refer to the same record. On any case, let's see what happens."

smiling smiley

Date: December 5, 2017 16:08

Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman
spunky
DandelionPowderman
spunky

From IORR news (July 4):

I added this to I've posted above:

"The news confirming the "On Air" release were first published on July 6, five days after those vague news about the release of a "live compilation" were published on DM, so they could refer to the same record. On any case, let's see what happens."

smiling smiley

Two live compilations in December would perhaps be a little too much to hope for..

But any surprise will be happily welcomed here smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-05 16:13 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 5, 2017 18:07

ON AIR has to be the live compilation.

Nobody would buy a live album from the NO FILTER tour. It would be completely pointless.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 5, 2017 18:21

DandelionPowderman
spunky
DandelionPowderman
spunky

'The Sixties will also be in the spotlight in audio AND VIDEO'.
Are Eagle suggesting a visual DVD release to be part of the On Air book and record release?
If so, getting near to Christmas!

Date: December 5, 2017 18:22

DandelionPowderman
spunky

That SOME GIRLS live album already exists! Seems odd they'd release a stand alone live album "now" (whenever that is) instead of when the video was released, like with the EOMS reissue including the 2nd disc or the 2nd disc as a stand alone, which they should've done for SOME GIRLS - that was a sham. I don't need a ruined remaster of SOME GIRLS. That's the only UMe reissue I have.

Or am I just confused? I've been confused a lot lately. And that damn LIVE IN TEXAS can't be copied - it's too long for a blank CD!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 5, 2017 18:37

GasLightStreet
Hairball
Ah...bingo - would be cool to see a pic of Mick's home studio.

This may be the closest you'll find.

[www.youtube.com]

KRiffhard previously replied with a link to a pic of Mick's studio (or a small portion of it).
Skimmed through your video very quickly - it's hard to sit through 11 minutes of "the making of ABB" ha- is there a specific point in video his studio is shown?

EDIT: Never mind - took a closer look and I see portions of it throughout video. thumbs up

"Tiny room, no studio atmosphere" - Don Was

KRiffhard
Hairball
Ah...bingo - would be cool to see a pic of Mick's home studio.[/b]

Maybe you can find it in the news (July 27):
[www.stonesnews.com]

I'm not able to post the pic! smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-05 18:44 by Hairball.

Date: December 6, 2017 02:35

Sorry, Hairball!

I didn't see that KRiffhard posted it. It's difficult to see what the videos are if you're not paying attention enough if anything is said about them, which seems to be my case - I didn't see it.

What happened to being able to see the video? It's been a while since one could see a still of the video so you know what you're getting into.

I remember seeing something that showed the Stone, er, Mick and Charlie, doing Oh No Not You Again on TV and that alone had the energy and attitude of SOME GIRLS. Mick hopping up onto the drum riser at the end of the song... my thought was "COOL!"

What happened!!!?? That did not come through on the LP version. Such a shitty song. I like some Stones-by-numbers songs but when they're Mick-Stones-by-numbers songs it's just a root canal.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 6, 2017 02:57

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: December 6, 2017 03:03

I hope the Rolling Stones will make a great album! ABB was a masterpiece, today another one is needed!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 6, 2017 04:07

GasLightStreet
Sorry, Hairball!

I didn't see that KRiffhard posted it. It's difficult to see what the videos are if you're not paying attention enough if anything is said about them, which seems to be my case - I didn't see it.

What happened to being able to see the video? It's been a while since one could see a still of the video so you know what you're getting into.

I remember seeing something that showed the Stone, er, Mick and Charlie, doing Oh No Not You Again on TV and that alone had the energy and attitude of SOME GIRLS. Mick hopping up onto the drum riser at the end of the song... my thought was "COOL!"

What happened!!!?? That did not come through on the LP version. Such a shitty song. I like some Stones-by-numbers songs but when they're Mick-Stones-by-numbers songs it's just a root canal.

thumbs up

Lol Root canal...they should have named the album that!

ps - no need to apologize - I should have sat through the interesting albeit torturous video you posted in the first place before commenting (I was preoccupied with other things this morning).
Skimming again now...looks very claustrophobic and not really conducive to a proper sounding modern Stones album - maybe Getta Grip type stuff but not Stones (it ain't Nellcote nor is it 1971 anymore).
Glad they're in proper studios for these current sessions. thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-06 04:16 by Hairball.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 6, 2017 04:43

GasLightStreet
Sorry, Hairball!

With some distant link to your SOME GIRLS reference:

If the band may be seen as in its time having moved along some route from "Dance"/ "Summer Romance"/"Send It to Me" kind of and level of EMOTIONAL RESCUE songs to "Tie You Up (Pain of Love)" /"Too Tough"/"All the Way Down" type and level of UNDERCOVER songs, I would have loved a band effort of a new studio album now to make a movement from the three first mentionned songs in another direction than they did by the last three mentionned songs.

Date: December 6, 2017 09:55

Witness
GasLightStreet
Sorry, Hairball!

If the band may be seen as in its time having moved along some route from "Dance"/ "Summer Romance"/"Send It to Me" kind of and level of EMOTIONAL RESCUE songs to "Tie You Up (Pain of Love)" /"Too Tough"/"All the Way Down" type and level of UNDERCOVER songs, I would have loved a band effort of a new studio album now to make a movement from the three first mentionned songs in another direction than they did by the last three mentionned songs.

Like they did with Undercover (Of The Night), Feel On Baby and Too Much Blood? winking smiley

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: December 6, 2017 11:02

Hairball
GasLightStreet
Hairball
Ah...bingo - would be cool to see a pic of Mick's home studio.

This may be the closest you'll find.

[www.youtube.com][/quote

So happy to see this again. A bigger bang is one of my favourite! A real collaboration. Underrated by the fans...

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 6, 2017 14:19

DandelionPowderman
Witness
GasLightStreet
Sorry, Hairball!

Like they did with Undercover (Of The Night), Feel On Baby and Too Much Blood? winking smiley

I was thinking of something different that we shall not know what can be, until we hear it. As a result of going in another direction. An album of songs heard as stepped away from the sequence of post-'89 albums,starting a new short sequence of studio albums. With a certain, strong or maybe weak, but some link back to the Pathe Marconi albums.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 6, 2017 14:22

A Bigger Bang is the best album since 1986 if not 1981 IMHO (incl. B&L). I don't know where all the hate comes from. Minus Biggest Mistake (too schmaltzy), She Saw Me Coming (would have been a great b-side, but is too unfinished for an album cut) and 1-2 more, but plus Under The Radar it would have been a very good album, although still far from a classic. I don't expect them to reach this standard the next time (judging from the 2012 track, Crosseyed Heart & MJ's single - all poor efforts) - unfortunately.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-06 14:23 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: December 6, 2017 14:41

Monsoon Ragoon
A Bigger Bang is the best album since 1986 if not 1981 IMHO (incl. B&L). I don't know where all the hate comes from. Minus Biggest Mistake (too schmaltzy), She Saw Me Coming (would have been a great b-side, but is too unfinished for an album cut) and 1-2 more, but plus Under The Radar it would have been a very good album, although still far from a classic. I don't expect them to reach this standard the next time (judging from the 2012 track, Crosseyed Heart & MJ's single - all poor efforts) - unfortunately.

I think the main beef people have with ABB consists of two things:

1. A very weak production / mix / sound
2. Way too many songs

The album per se is better than its reputation, imo. But I don't think Under The Radar would have improved it, and imo Biggest Mistake and She Saw Me Coming are both necessary ingredients to uphold the quality of the album.

Songs like Oh No, Not You Again, Streets Of Love and It Won't Take Long were totally unnecessary (imo).

When you make an album with almost as many songs as on Exile, you're bound to fail if the quality isn't good throughout.

Date: December 6, 2017 14:54

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

2. Way too many songs

The album per se is better than its reputation, imo. But I don't think Under The Radar would have improved it, and imo Biggest Mistake and She Saw Me Coming are both necessary ingredients to uphold the quality of the album.

Songs like Oh No, Not You Again, Streets Of Love and It Won't Take Long were totally unnecessary (imo).

When you make an album with almost as many songs as on Exile, you're bound to fail if the quality isn't good throughout.

I agree, but not with every detail. I actually think It Won't Take Long is the first real bummer since Start Me Up, but I seem to be the only one. Instead of releasing it as a single, the song was totally ignored, played in the wrong speed live twice and then immediately forgotten.

On the other hand I think She Saw Me Coming (which most folks really like) sounds more like an X-Pensive Winds rehearsal. Biggest Mistake is much better in it's full version with longer intro and not faded out.

Anyway, the 13 best songs/ 50 minutes would have been enough - but everybody has another list which ones to drop. I hope they don't pack 18 tunes on the next album, half of them rather poor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-06 14:57 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: December 6, 2017 15:08

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

2. Way too many songs

I agree, but not with every detail. I actually think It Won't Take Long is the first real bummer since Start Me Up, but I seem to be the only one. Instead of releasing it as a single, the song was totally ignored, played in the wrong speed live twice and then immediately forgotten.

On the other hand I think She Saw Me Coming (which most folks really like) sounds more like an X-Pensive Winds rehearsal. Biggest Mistake is much better in it's full version with longer intro and not faded out.

Anyway, the 13 best songs/ 50 minutes would have been enough - but everybody has another list which ones to drop. I hope they don't pack 18 tunes on the next album, half of them rather poor.

This would have made a very good ABB, imo:

1. Rough Justice
2, Let Me Down Slow
3. Back of My Hand
4. Laugh, I Nearly Died
5. She Saw Me Coming
6. Dangerous Beauty
7. This Place Is Empty
8. Biggest Mistake
9. Rain Fall Down
10. Look What The Cat Dragged In

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: December 6, 2017 15:15

why complain if the album comes with 18 tracks, cd can always be programme to play what u want hear.if fans found bootlegs with rubbish sound still buy. I like longer cds then play what one likes.KEEP ROCKING.

Date: December 6, 2017 15:18

kish_stoned
why complain if the album comes with 18 tracks, cd can always be programme to play what u want hear.if fans found bootlegs with rubbish sound still buy. I like longer cds then play what one likes.KEEP ROCKING.

I like playing albums, trying to get into the artist's statement - rather than to shop songs. To each his own...

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 6, 2017 15:26

DandelionPowderman
kish_stoned

I like playing albums, trying to get into the artist's statement - rather than to shop songs. To each his own...

We're not in 1971 anymore, nowadays nothing comes with a statement, it's all about doing 5 versions of each album, with bonus and remixes, so die hards can buy each version and cash in on a dying market for physical product.

Date: December 6, 2017 15:32

Songs Of Innocence (U2, 2014) had normal length, but there was a 2nd CD available (half of the edition?) with some 40 minutes of bonus tracks and different versions. I thought that was a good idea, better than an 68 or 72 minutes album with 20 % sub-standard or non-fitting material. It's important the listened is able to play a full album nonstop IMHO. This is difficult if you have 75 minutes.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-06 15:52 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: December 6, 2017 15:37

georgelicks
DandelionPowderman
kish_stoned

We're not in 1971 anymore, nowadays nothing comes with a statement, it's all about doing 5 versions of each album, with bonus and remixes, so die hards can buy each version and cash in on a dying market for physical product.

He he, I know that smiling smiley

I also know that the hyper deluxe-treatment of every album-trend is on the decline..

And «ALL» is a strong word. There are still artists making concept-albums or coherent albums with fewer songs. The latter has something to do with the decline in cd-sales, and the increasing popularity of the vinyl format, I guess.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: December 6, 2017 15:41

georgelicks
DandelionPowderman
kish_stoned

maybe.

in the Stones' case its about releasing a high quality group of songs,

with interesting album design.

kinda old fashioned but with Mick Jagger there is usually an attempt at current /forward thinking trends.

I think a lot of older blues rooted artists will keep to that kind of presentation.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...979899100101102103104105106107...LastNext
Current Page: 102 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2153
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home