Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...99100101102103104105106107108109...LastNext
Current Page: 104 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 6, 2017 22:06

Rocky Dijon
When we find ourselves saying I want an album like they did 40 years ago [SOME GIRLS], we need to remember that the Glimmers will be 75 next year, not 35. Our expectations need to acknowledge age, deterioration of drive and creativity, and two creative artists who agree to compromise. Expect what we get will be familiar, not a classic, but probably a small miracle in part at this late date. The something special was BLUE AND LONESOME if a blues cover album was your long-cherished dream.

40 years ago, WOW thankful to still be looking forward to new material. I've always felt since December 2012 they've been experiencing a mini watershed period that will looked back at very fondly...thumbs up

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 6, 2017 22:33

GasLightStreet
Leavell was clearly an afterthought - and probably just to shut his whiny ass up.

I'm not a fan of what Chuck plays in concert at all -- though I understand why he's filling that role, sadly. In the studio, I am a fan of Chuck's. I love his piano and organ work. I think he's great. I'd take him over Clifford any day. If we have to have two keyboard players, I would rather they pair Chuck with Ivan Neville or Benmont Tench.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 6, 2017 22:43

If we have to have two keyboard players, I would rather they pair Chuck with Ivan Neville or Benmont Tench.

Or bring in that English boy Mr Carl Sonny Leyland to pump in some dirty STU style boogie blues ... ...

ROCKMAN

Date: December 6, 2017 22:51

I'll have to check him out, my friend. Thanks for the tip. If we're truly looking for boogie-woogie, I would have had Ben Waters on BLUE & LONESOME with Chuck on organ.

Date: December 6, 2017 22:59

Well Yeah Bill ... so true yeah Ben Waters

ROCKMAN

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: December 7, 2017 06:17

GasLightStreet
Leavell was clearly an afterthought - and probably just to shut his whiny ass up.

I'm not trying to be disagreeing but actually Chuck was very wanted to be on the record. Keith played it for him in their hotel room while on tour and told him he's gotta hear it and that he wanted him on it.

Don Was and Mick wanted to keep the authenticity of the album and wanted no part to be left to anything but the 'real deal' at that point ... so they actually booked a studio in New Orleans that had the perfect old / vintage upright piano for him to do his parts (overdubs) on. = True stuff.

Ian

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 7, 2017 06:25

I remember the whine...seemed out of character for Chuck, but maybe showed a bit his true colors.

Date: December 7, 2017 06:53

Hairball
I remember the whine...seemed out of character for Chuck, but maybe showed a bit his true colors.

I did not know he whined about not being on B&L initially ... ? Perhaps I am not 100% informed on what happened there? Did he whine about not being on it? ( perhaps now I see what the whiny ass Chuck ..just to shut him up" comment was about .. I thought people were jus bein funny?).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-07 06:54 by IanBillen.

Date: December 7, 2017 06:58

Lets just say he felt a little left out ....

But hey wouldn't you feel the same ?????????????

ROCKMAN

Date: December 7, 2017 10:32

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-07 12:28 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 8, 2017 01:10

Rockman
Lets just say he felt a little left out ....

But hey wouldn't you feel the same ?????????????

Yes... I started throwing hints ... then I complained.. and finally I was downright balling over it after a few decades.

They have never .. not a single time .. contacted me for a part... Not for any advice .. direction ... or any input to any of their projects either. Nothing.

I think it's pretty ridiculous -

Date: December 8, 2017 01:49

Never trust a man in baggy pants I say Ian ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 8, 2017 02:13

Saw something yesterday, some goofy article about the record execs have heard the new album and they love it, 15 songs.

I understand that these days one can say whatever and someone or a lot of people will believe it because why bother with facts anymore if it fits your "agenda" but that's beyond absurd.

Think Charlie sleeps a lot when he's at home? He always looks so sleepy. And if they're not really working as a band on new recordings, he's probably at home napping.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 8, 2017 02:16

DandelionPowderman
rocknola
Any news on the new album???

Yep, here is everything we know, brilliantly summed up by Rocky:

5 December, 2015 - sessions commence at John Henry's Studio before moving to British Grove. Sessions end 18 December. 13 December is a day off. BLUE AND LONESOME is recorded 11 December, 14 December, and 15 December. All other dates are spent working on new material.

7 April 2016 - two weeks of mixing and overdubbing for BLUE AND LONESOME commences at British Grove.

13 June 2016 - sessions resume at British Grove on the new material begun in December. Sessions end 26 June.

16 February 2017 - Mick and Keith start a weeklong session at Germano Studios in New York to develop material for the new album together.

9 March 2017 - Keyon Harrold overdubs trumpet for a track for the new Stones album. Only Keith and producer Don Was are in attendance.

24 April 2017 - Ronnie and Charlie back Mick for "Gotta Get a Grip" and "England Lost" in sessions at Mick's home studio in Richmond during this week. The three attend the Jazz FM Awards on 25 April to accept awards on behalf of the band. Keith and Don Was are not present.

30 May 2017 - the band resumes recording sessions for the new album at British Grove. Sessions break on 9 June.

28 June 2017 - Keith records overdubs for the new album at Germano Studios in New York.

29 November 2017 - Keith works up new material for consideration for the new Stones album at Germano Studios in New York.

1 December 2017 - Mick works up new material for consideration for the new Stones album at Henson Studios in Los Angeles.

[dates verified with [timeisonourside.com] and [nzentgraf.de] ]

Mick was in studio B at Ocean Wave Studios as per the comparison pics posted a few pages earlier.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 8, 2017 02:22

gotdablouse
DandelionPowderman
rocknola

Yep, here is everything we know, brilliantly summed up by Rocky:

5 December, 2015 - sessions commence at John Henry's Studio before moving to British Grove. Sessions end 18 December. 13 December is a day off. BLUE AND LONESOME is recorded 11 December, 14 December, and 15 December. All other dates are spent working on new material.

7 April 2016 - two weeks of mixing and overdubbing for BLUE AND LONESOME commences at British Grove.

13 June 2016 - sessions resume at British Grove on the new material begun in December. Sessions end 26 June.

16 February 2017 - Mick and Keith start a weeklong session at Germano Studios in New York to develop material for the new album together.

9 March 2017 - Keyon Harrold overdubs trumpet for a track for the new Stones album. Only Keith and producer Don Was are in attendance.

24 April 2017 - Ronnie and Charlie back Mick for "Gotta Get a Grip" and "England Lost" in sessions at Mick's home studio in Richmond during this week. The three attend the Jazz FM Awards on 25 April to accept awards on behalf of the band. Keith and Don Was are not present.

30 May 2017 - the band resumes recording sessions for the new album at British Grove. Sessions break on 9 June.

28 June 2017 - Keith records overdubs for the new album at Germano Studios in New York.

29 November 2017 - Keith works up new material for consideration for the new Stones album at Germano Studios in New York.

1 December 2017 - Mick works up new material for consideration for the new Stones album at Henson Studios in Los Angeles.

Mick was in studio B at Ocean Wave Studios as per the comparison pics posted a few pages earlier.

Yes! thumbs up

Date: December 8, 2017 02:44

DandelionPowderman
rocknola

Any reason to believe that what Keith is doing he'll say to Mick, "As a matter of fact, you don't get to sing on this" or whatever it is he said about doing a Stones song, I can't find what one it was. And that Mick's tunes, Keith will just add some fairy dust?

That may not bode well.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 8, 2017 02:51

GasLightStreet
Saw something yesterday, some goofy article about the record execs have heard the new album and they love it, 15 songs.

I understand that these days one can say whatever and someone or a lot of people will believe it because why bother with facts anymore if it fits your "agenda" but that's beyond absurd.

Think Charlie sleeps a lot when he's at home? He always looks so sleepy. And if they're not really working as a band on new recordings, he's probably at home napping.

He is doing 100 military push ups between his naps then, cuz that ol’ ‘sleepy’ man
Pounded the hell outta his drum kit around Europe just a few months back.
He’s gotta chest that works. Regular solid workouts on the road baby.

Date: December 8, 2017 05:42

Rockman
Never trust a man in baggy pants I say Ian ....

Now you tell me? .. ..

They've never even sent me a Christmas Card .. How absurd!

.. .... grinning smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 8, 2017 06:02

Well if y’all pick apart every lastest tidbit (not me I’m reading War and Peace)
how come no-ones wondering why today’s statement from Keith isn't a bit...
Odd?
"We're picking up the threads on a new album as we speak. I'm in touch with Don Was," Richards said.

So Don Was only has Mick’s bat phone #

Date: December 8, 2017 07:04

Because "as we speak" is one of the worst things anyone can say. It's meaningless.

Date: December 8, 2017 07:42

The AS WE SPEAK remixes are available for pre-order!

Date: December 8, 2017 07:45

Rocky Dijon
The AS WE SPEAK remixes are available for pre-order!

Ah ha ha ha ha ha.... you found my sweet spot once again! Do they also have pre-mixes?

I really got a kick out of the 'pre-save' for Spotify. Uhhhh....

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 8, 2017 09:55

So they have recorded 15 new songs! thumbs up
I'm really glad but i don't remember what's the source of that information!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 8, 2017 10:15

Wow this thread is just a punch drunk mess....lol

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 8, 2017 17:49

Maindefender
Wow this thread is just a punch drunk mess....lol
Just like any other thread smileys with beer

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: December 8, 2017 20:18

Keith's still at it grinning smiley

Serious stuff!

By the way who is JBOUQUET - taking all these pictures of Keith worldwide - or is it a screen name?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-08 20:21 by damnation.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 8, 2017 20:21

KRiffhard
So they have recorded 15 new songs! thumbs up
I'm really glad but i don't remember what's the source of that information!

Are people just making up facts now?

Could be 15 possible songs considered and toyed with, but to say they have "recorded 15 new songs" seems a bit misleading as if they're finished. But maybe they have? If so, you would think they would have finished the album by now. And if all they could come up with prior to this is Doom and loom and One More Shot (and a bunch of blues covers)...15 new songs sounds like a record-breaking feat if not an impossibility given the sporadic and short time they've spent in the studio.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 8, 2017 20:28

12 ideas/fragments and three songs is more likely.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 8, 2017 21:33

damnation
By the way who is JBOUQUET - taking all these pictures of Keith worldwide - or is it a screen name?

Jane Rose.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: December 8, 2017 21:41

That explains a lot.

Thanks bye bye johnny (tomorrow it's johnny's goodbye in France.....)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...99100101102103104105106107108109...LastNext
Current Page: 104 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2104
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home