Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...919293949596979899100101...LastNext
Current Page: 96 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: November 30, 2017 20:56

The new album is INMINENT

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 30, 2017 21:06

officialKeef
31m31 minutes ago

About last night..

thumbs up

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 30, 2017 21:10

About Last Night would make a nice song title........>grinning smiley<

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 30, 2017 21:26

eduardoacdc

Uh... no. It's not "about to happen".

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 30, 2017 21:58

GasLightStreet
eduardoacdc

Uh... no. It's not "about to happen".

lol......"when you get to the fork in the road, take it" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 30, 2017 22:23

liddas
TeddyB1018
IanBillen
Concerning someone wanting to hear the 10 Minute Version of 'Flip The Switch':

>> Lol Ikr .. the song is technically the fastest track they've ever done .. Didn't know they had a 10 friggin minute version of it at one time.

It truly rocked. Sounded like the Stones we love, jamming together, with the push and the pull between Keith’s rhythm and Charlie, falling into their special, specific vernacular. They did suck some of the juice out of it for the finished product, like they seem to have for ages, at least until Blue and Lonesome.

Who was playing bass on the original take?

C

No one. Darryl wasn’t there. Don was producing. Ronnie was playing guitar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-30 22:28 by TeddyB1018.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: November 30, 2017 23:12

Capo 3. Interesting. Maybe a Mick key (he asked, optimistically)?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 30, 2017 23:34

plenty bottles of water ........^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 30, 2017 23:39

MisterDDDD
officialKeef
31m31 minutes ago

About last night..

thumbs up

Great photo! thumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 1, 2017 00:05

MelBelli
Capo 3. Interesting. Maybe a Mick key (he asked, optimistically)?

A ballad please with some gorgeous riffs...sing it to me Mick.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 1, 2017 00:22

Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD
officialKeef
31m31 minutes ago

About last night..

thumbs up

Great photo! thumbs up

New York?

Date: December 1, 2017 00:24

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 1, 2017 00:29

Rockman
plenty bottles of water ........^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Certainly Keith's. Isn't he sober now? grinning smiley

Date: December 1, 2017 00:31

Germano Studios, it would seem.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: December 1, 2017 01:59

TeddyB1018
liddas
TeddyB1018
IanBillen
Concerning someone wanting to hear the 10 Minute Version of 'Flip The Switch':

>> Lol Ikr .. the song is technically the fastest track they've ever done .. Didn't know they had a 10 friggin minute version of it at one time.

It truly rocked. Sounded like the Stones we love, jamming together, with the push and the pull between Keith’s rhythm and Charlie, falling into their special, specific vernacular. They did suck some of the juice out of it for the finished product, like they seem to have for ages, at least until Blue and Lonesome.

Who was playing bass on the original take?

C

No one. Darryl wasn’t there. Don was producing. Ronnie was playing guitar.

Wow .. you are one lucky mate. I wish I would of heard it. The Stones (as you certainly know) wanted BTB to work differently .. Well MICK was interested in that. So flip The Switch Is Sort Of Different.. Almost odd in a small way.

What do you do for a living Teddy .. Why / Why were you there?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 1, 2017 02:58

I tweeted out "new music??" in response to the pic and Keith's account favorited it - first favorite I ever got from it. Good sign?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 1, 2017 04:50

Send It To me
I tweeted out "new music??" in response to the pic and Keith's account favorited it - first favorite I ever got from it. Good sign?

Yesssss smoking smiley

Date: December 1, 2017 06:20

Why is he with Steve Jordan?

Hopefully Mick is right around the corner .. but when Keith works with Jordan Mick isn't there .. He works with Jordan 'instead' of Mick.. ...

Hopefully he is simply buffering up / writing new material to present to Jagger for a full on recording session with The Stones in December (as was reported on plans)? Keith has been here a few times in preparation for recording with The Stones hasn't he?

Thoughts?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 1, 2017 06:42

IanBillen

Hopefully Mick is right around the corner .. but when Keith works with Jordan Mick isn't there .. He works with Jordan 'instead' of Mick.. ...

Hopefully he is simply buffering up / writing new material to present to Jagger for a full on recording session with The Stones in December (as was reported on plans)? Keith has been here a few times in preparation for recording with The Stones hasn't he?

Thoughts?

Oh my good catch Ian - didn't know he was with Steve Jordan!
And here I was initially thinking that pic of him alone in the studio posted above might have been a good sign of hope amidst all the speculation.

If he's not prepping material with Jordan for the Stones album (as you speculate), one can only speculate further as to what's going on?
Could he be working on new solo material?!!!

And then there was that time not long ago where a pic was posted of Keith, Steve Jordan, and a jazz musician whose name escapes me (I think he was sax player?), and I think the word was that Keith was adding some bits to the jazz musicians album...maybe he's finishing up those sessions?

Date: December 1, 2017 07:00

Hairball
IanBillen

Thoughts?

And here I was initially thinking that pic of him alone in the studio posted above might have been a good sign of hope amidst all the speculation.

If he's not prepping material with Jordan for the Stones album (as you speculate), one can only speculate further as to what's going on?

And then there was that time not long ago where a pic was posted of Keith, Steve Jordan, and a jazz musician whose name escapes me (I think he was sax player?), and I think the word was that Keith was adding some bits to the jazz musicians album...maybe he's finishing up those sessions?

Yupp. Whatever happened to that Jazz session recording ....? This could be more for it?

Steve Jordan does not lead me to believe this is Stones oriented. Jordan is the man in place of Mick when working with Keith it seems. Nothing against him but as soon as I see Jordan with Keith .. it casts an enormous shadow of it being Stones related ..

Thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-01 07:02 by IanBillen.

Date: December 1, 2017 07:41

Hairball
IanBillen

Thoughts?

[www.instagram.com]
Keyon Harrold.
They recorded a song for the Stones album.

Date: December 1, 2017 07:51

KRiffhard
Hairball
IanBillen

Thoughts?

[www.instagram.com]
Keyon Harrold.

Ahhh thanks KRiffhard - that must have been the pic I was referring to from not long ago (it's dated March 11 ), but instead of Jordan it was with Was?!!!
I suppose since it was Was, must mean it was Stones related, but I thought it had something to do with a Keyon Harrold album?
The mystery continues...hard to keep up with it all.

@ Ian: As far as the new pic of Keith and Jordan, I haven't a clue what it's all about.
Maybe Jordan's just paying him a friendly visit in the studio?

Date: December 1, 2017 08:01

IanBillen

Thoughts?

Jordan is recording with the Verbs in NY

Date: December 1, 2017 08:04

Hairball
KRiffhard
Hairball
IanBillen

Thoughts?

[www.instagram.com]
Keyon Harrold.

Ahhh thanks KRiffhard - that must have been the pic I was referring to from not long ago (it's dated March 11 ), but instead of Jordan it was with Was?!!!
I suppose since it was Was, must mean it was Stones related, but I thought it had something to do with a Keyon Harrold album?
The mystery continues...hard to keep up with it all.

@ Ian: As far as the new pic of Keith and Jordan, I haven't a clue what it's all about.
Maybe Jordan's just paying him a friendly visit in the studio?

They recorded a song for the Stones.
Very reliable source!
About Jordan you're right. He is recording in NY with the Verbs.

Date: December 1, 2017 08:29

I found these Keyon Harrold blurbs on various sites:

"Harrold has performed with Maxwell, Beyonce, Keith Richards, Common, Jay-Z, Rihanna, Eminem, D’Angelo, Mary J. Blige and many others".

Keyon Harrold

and:

"Harrold has recorded with the world's leading artists from Maxwell to Keith Richards and has toured with music's most bold-faced names including Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Rihanna, Common, Maxwell, Mary J. Blige, Eminem, D'Angelo and the Vanguard, and more".

Keyon Harrold

Yet I can't find any info anywhere about what he might have recorded with Keith, or when and where he may have performed with Keith.

Date: December 1, 2017 14:10

Can confirm it’s for thr Stones — and for the reasons we’ve speculated. Keith wants to develop his stuff as far along as he can before he’s in the same room with Mick.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 1, 2017 14:23

MelBelli
Can confirm it’s for thr Stones — and for the reasons we’ve speculated. Keith wants to develop his stuff as far along as he can before he’s in the same room with Mick.

Isn't the album nearly finished ;-)

Date: December 1, 2017 14:25

Monsoon Ragoon
MelBelli

Isn't the album nearly finished ;-)

They need a new single after Gotta Get A Grip was taken smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-01 14:25 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 1, 2017 15:59

MelBelli

Hope that the new album can still be called a band effort and not just a loose collection of solo recordings released under the Stones moniker.

Date: December 1, 2017 16:06

retired_dog
MelBelli

Hope that the new album can still be called a band effort and not just a loose collection of solo recordings released under the Stones moniker.

thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...919293949596979899100101...LastNext
Current Page: 96 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home