Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...90919293949596979899100...LastNext
Current Page: 95 of 704
Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Date: November 30, 2017 12:16

Summer Romance is pretty fast, too.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 30, 2017 12:45

DandelionPowderman

SR is one of the first self-parodies of this band. So awful bad they didn't even play it in 1981 when they played everything.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 30, 2017 12:49

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman

SR is one of the first self-parodies of this band. So awful bad they didn't even play it in 1981 when they played everything.

Great tune, always liked it. And they played exactly 2 (T W O) songs from Emotional Rescue in 1981. So what do you mean with "when they played everything"?

Date: November 30, 2017 13:03

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard grinning smiley

They planned to play it in 1982 + they rehearsed it repeatedly for SNL in 1978. Hardly a song they didn't like..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-30 13:04 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 30, 2017 13:05

Summer Romance is awsome, one of the best of the great ER LP.

Date: November 30, 2017 13:30

Nahhh. SR sounds like a cover band trying to sound like the Stones, that's just sub-standard. Silly lyrics too. One of the worst released songs, fortunately never played live.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 30, 2017 13:39

Monsoon Ragoon
Nahhh. SR sounds like a cover band trying to sound like the Stones, that's just sub-standard. Silly lyrics too. One of the worst released songs, fortunately never played live.

Great guitar work, funny lyrics, no sense of humour?

Date: November 30, 2017 13:43

The sounds of Summer Romance can only be described with one word: Awesome

There are so many great versions of it available, too thumbs up

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Round the 5 :00-mark, they rehearse Summer Romance:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-30 13:54 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 30, 2017 13:52

DandelionPowderman

Completely true/ agreed -
and if it could be two words, I'd ad foookin right before...

Date: November 30, 2017 13:54

RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman

Completely true/ agreed -
and if it could be two words, I'd ad foookin right before...

smileys with beer

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 30, 2017 14:07

Are they planning to include a cover of SR on the supossed new album??

Date: November 30, 2017 14:32

KeithNacho
Are they planning to include a cover of SR on the supossed new album??

Hopefully, they'll do a fast one, like Summer Romance, Rip This Joint, Flip The Switch or Turd On The Run smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 30, 2017 15:26

Let's be charitable and say SR is a bit better than "Where The Boys Go"...

Date: November 30, 2017 15:48

Both are excellent.

Date: November 30, 2017 15:55

dcba

WTBG is actually hard to beat - if you know what I mean. Even SR is somewhat better.

Date: November 30, 2017 16:06

Monsoon Ragoon
dcba

WTBG is actually hard to beat - if you know what I mean. Even SR is somewhat better.

You forgot to say «imo», as millions of fans love these great-rocking tunes smoking smiley

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 30, 2017 16:36

Emotional rescue is a great album. It is not EOMS, but is a great pop rock collection. Many groups would like to have an album like this.in that case it would be their masterpiece.
By the way, what about the supossed new RS album?

Date: November 30, 2017 16:39

KeithNacho
Emotional rescue is a great album. It is not EOMS, but is a great pop rock collection. Many groups would like to have an album like this.in that case it would be their masterpiece.
By the way, what about the supossed new RS album?

Funk (Dance)
Rock'n'Roll (Summer Romance, Let Me Go, Where The Boys Go)
Reggea (Send It To Me)
Tex-Mex (Indian Girl)
Blues (Down In The Hole)
Disco (Emotional Rescue)
Pop (She's So Cold)
Jazz-ballad (All About You)

Together with Some Girls it's perhaps their most musically varied album ever.

Date: November 30, 2017 16:40

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
dcba

You forgot to say «imo», as millions of fans love these great-rocking tunes smoking smiley

I'm not sure how many "millions" really love the Stones trash stuff. It's also not my problem. I prefer high class/unique recordings incl. things like Tops or Infamy. Not the weakest 10 % of the rockers which only were released because Keith and Ron were'nt on top of their game in 1979. "Great-rocking tunes" are concentrated on Dirty Work, not Emotional Rescue IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-30 16:42 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: November 30, 2017 17:10

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
dcba

I'm not sure how many "millions" really love the Stones trash stuff. It's also not my problem. I prefer high class/unique recordings incl. things like Tops or Infamy. Not the weakest 10 % of the rockers which only were released because Keith and Ron were'nt on top of their game in 1979. "Great-rocking tunes" are concentrated on Dirty Work, not Emotional Rescue IMHO.

Have fun with Infamy.

That backbeat and the sound of those guitars on ER just move me. A great album, imo.

Date: November 30, 2017 17:21

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
dcba

Have fun with Infamy.

That backbeat and the sound of those guitars on ER just move me. A great album, imo.

I like Infamy very much, probably because it's NOT the usual Stones rocker. It's a pity he does play his strange live songs only in the States. If they had kept out SR/WTBG off ER and included Little T&A and Neighbors instead, the reputation could be better. You see I don't hate Stones-rockers but some of them I think are poor. Btw. many folks here are no friends of SR/WTBG. They just don't have that much time like us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-30 17:22 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 30, 2017 17:30

Keith and Ron were playing the lights out in 1979,I don’t know where this “ not on top of their game “comes from.I saw three shows on the Barbarians tour and I’m pretty sure that was 79.
That entire era was great ,78-82.Emotional Rescue was a #1 album that did indeed sell millions.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 30, 2017 17:39

DandelionPowderman
Both are excellent.

You forgot to say «imo», as millions of fans don't think much of these tunes. grinning smiley

Always had a weak spot for "Summer Romance", though... "Where The Boys Go" - not so much, a pretty substandart filler imo - when they had so much better material to choose from the SG & ER sessions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-30 17:43 by retired_dog.

Date: November 30, 2017 17:55

lem motlow
Keith and Ron were playing the lights out in 1979,I don’t know where this “ not on top of their game “comes from.I saw three shows on the Barbarians tour and I’m pretty sure that was 79.
That entire era was great ,78-82.Emotional Rescue was a #1 album that did indeed sell millions.

RW was almost thrown out of the band because of alcoholism and drug abuse in early 1981 I read somewhere. The RCA session in late Summer 1978 was a joke. Charlie started heavy drinking ca. 1980. RW lost much money on the New Barbarians chaotic "tour". I could mention more aspects. NOT their best period IMHO.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-30 18:08 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 30, 2017 18:21

Monsoon Ragoon
lem motlow

RW was almost thrown out of the band because of alcoholism and drug abuse in early 1981 I read somewhere. The RCA session in late Summer 1978 was a joke. Charlie started heavy drinking ca. 1980. RW lost much money on the New Barbarians chaotic "tour". I could mention more aspects. NOT their best period IMHO.

So Ronnie was taking too many drugs,they did a bad session,Charlie was drinking and Ronnie lost money?..um,ok welcome to the Roling Stones.So the 78 tour,the Barbarians tour and 81/82 weren’t any good and some girls,emotional rescue and tattoo you also were no good? Good luck selling that.

Date: November 30, 2017 18:35

lem motlow
Monsoon Ragoon
lem motlow

So Ronnie was taking too many drugs,they did a bad session,Charlie was drinking and Ronnie lost money?..um,ok welcome to the Roling Stones.So the 78 tour,the Barbarians tour and 81/82 weren’t any good and some girls,emotional rescue and tattoo you also were no good? Good luck selling that.

Sorry, I can't help you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-30 18:36 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 30, 2017 20:03

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Both are excellent.

You forgot to say «imo», as millions of fans don't think much of these tunes. grinning smiley

Always had a weak spot for "Summer Romance", though... "Where The Boys Go" - not so much, a pretty substandart filler imo - when they had so much better material to choose from the SG & ER sessions.

I can only hope the supposed new album has something that comes even close to the haphazard rocking out of control vibe of Summer Romance - one of the few standouts on ER.
Agree about Where the Boys Go though...sort of just goes through the motions, but in hindsight it's pretty good when compared to most of their latter day material.

Date: November 30, 2017 20:38

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Both are excellent.

LOL, I did that earlier smiling smiley

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: November 30, 2017 20:41

Picture of Keith in the studio last night on his facebook page: [m.facebook.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 30, 2017 20:52

spunky
Picture of Keith in the studio last night on his facebook page: [m.facebook.com]

Oooh nice...adds a little more hope to all the speculation. thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...90919293949596979899100...LastNext
Current Page: 95 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1890
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home