Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 14
Re: The Rolling Stones Las Vegas show October 19 cancelled
Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 19, 2016 15:33

mnewman505
Oh no, people with disposable income are STUCK in Las Vegas for a few days with nothing to do?

Sounds quite tragic.

Uncalled for. Not everyone who travels long distances is either money or time rich.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 19, 2016 15:37

rebelrebel
mnewman505
Oh no, people with disposable income are STUCK in Las Vegas for a few days with nothing to do?

Sounds quite tragic.

Uncalled for. Not everyone who travels long distances is either money or time rich.
Oh please, nearly half the world’s population (2.8 billion people) survive on less than $2 a day. It sucks that the concert got cancelled and I do feel bad for people but let's get a grip on reality and some perspective.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 19, 2016 15:42

ifucantrockme
The conspiracy theory in me says that Mick isn't sick, but this is the result of poor ticket sales for Saturday. I think they are banking on the fact that many people already traveled to Vegas and will extend their stay and buy tickets for Saturday. That would also explain why this poor selling Saturday show has not been flexed or excessively lucky dipped. Otherwise cancel both shows now so people who have not yet traveled can change their plans.

If Mick is down with laryngitis, i don't think people will be risking buying another ticket to a show that may yet be cancelled.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 19, 2016 15:44

Leaving Las Vegas early this morning. ::sniff::

Oh, well, cheers to everone here for the Sat. show or about to be.
Should be great if Mick is better.

Hoping for a resched sometime. Get well, Mick!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: mickjerome ()
Date: October 19, 2016 15:47

My friend Marclaff is at Vegas with his daughter and another friend of us,i'm really sorry for them and sure saturday's concert will be AWSOME!!

ifucantrockme
The conspiracy theory in me says that Mick isn't sick, but this is the result of poor ticket sales for Saturday. I think they are banking on the fact that many people already traveled to Vegas and will extend their stay and buy tickets for Saturday. That would also explain why this poor selling Saturday show has not been flexed or excessively lucky dipped. Otherwise cancel both shows now so people who have not yet traveled can change their plans.

He was coughing badly on the Angie-video from Desert Trip, so no reason to doubt his condition, imo.

Posted by: mr_dja ()

Deepest sympathies to all who have been inconvenienced by this change. Here's hoping that you find other activities to make up for the loss of the show.

Get well soon, Mick.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: October 19, 2016 15:57

Wow this is bad news, my heart goes out to all you people with tickets that have travelled, in 89' Keith's infected finger caused the Wembley show to be cancelled, unfortunately i didn't have Vegas to drawn my sorrows in, so all is not lost and hopefully they will reschedule for next week.
Micks voice is in question a lot in recent years, almost all cancelled shows down to his laryngitis, he always seems to be saving his voice in live performances since 07' probably the reason they only perform twice a week on tours since 2012.
Could Mick be getting too old to Rock ??

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 19, 2016 16:09

mnewman505
rebelrebel
mnewman505

Sounds quite tragic.

Oh please, nearly half the world’s population (2.8 billion people) survive on less than $2 a day. It sucks that the concert got cancelled and I do feel bad for people but let's get a grip on reality and some perspective.

If you feel bad for people why post what you did? Did you think it would comfort them? I haven't exaggerated the situation - actually I haven't said anything about it at all except that your comments were uncalled for.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 19, 2016 16:18

Sorry for the disappointed fans that paid for tickets, transportation, hotel reservations, etc.

GET WELL MICK

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: October 19, 2016 16:20

Quit moaning like a bunch of babies. You've all seen the Stones before. You're in the greatest entertainment city in the world. Go see a couple of shows and find the loudest craps table you can find and throw your money down.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 19, 2016 16:24

Holy crap, I got lucky. After seeing them at Desert Trip, I decided to sell my ticket to Vegas and use the air ticket if the Dodgers make it to the World Series. I would have been on the plane to Vegas at the time they announced, whew, saved by the bell.

I feel for those who are in Vegas. I had flown from Tokyo to Philadelphia in 2006 when I found out that they cancelled Atlantic City. I ended up seeing the Liberty Bell and Constitution Hall, and drowning my sorrows in beer and a cheese steak sandwich.

Bungo
Quit moaning like a bunch of babies. You've all seen the Stones before. You're in the greatest entertainment city in the world. Go see a couple of shows and find the loudest craps table you can find and throw your money down.

grinning smiley

Its telling that Keith and Ronnie stopped smoking on stage for Mick at the desert show Saturday. Mick obviously having throat problems from the start of the week.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: October 19, 2016 16:40

stonesfrkk
F ing unbelievable i just landed and checked in from vegas. I m so F ing bummed i just checked in ad the lady said they canceled it but don t leave Saturday looks like it might be on @#$%& though the stones would of known if Mick had issues don t let us know 12 hours before the show the weird thing is i took the last flight out of LA and i m a frequent flyer on mutiple carriers and the last flight to vegas on 4 carriers were all delayed from Los Angeles and i just got here at 2:AM. Really weird i think it could be bad ticket sales but who knows i looked for ticket s the last week and you could get tickets anywhere but in the front A and C blocks everything else was wid open i could of got section B row A last night for face. I don t know what s up but Mick could of gave us a heafs up sooner imo. Owell Enjoy Las Vagas maybe he wants to see the presidential Debate Jk i feel bad for eveybody that traveled and spent 10 s of thousands of dollars hopefully they come through for us!! Don t go gamble all your money away in your sorrows like me lmao!! Go have a shot of johnny Walker Blue Label in there blues album there releaing and Enjoy it!!!Lets hope Saturday for all of us who came out here to Vegas

I feel sorry for you, but please take a little time to use some grammar. What you've written comes off as total gibberish.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 19, 2016 16:45

rebelrebel
mnewman505

Sounds quite tragic.

Totally uncalled for. A lot of people wasted a lot of money. Yes they are better off than if they lived in Aleppo or Somalia, it doesn't mean that one cannot feel bad for someone from Germany or Australia who spent their annual vacation money on this.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 19, 2016 16:45

DandelionPowderman
ifucantrockme

He was coughing badly on the Angie-video from Desert Trip, so no reason to doubt his condition, imo.

Of course! The heat leveled off the past few days, but it is obscenely dry, and has been very dusty. I don't have laryngitis but do have very dry eyes, nasal passages, etc. It's sometimes hard for people to understand just how negatively impactful the climate is out here (separate from the heat). I think yesterday's humidity was something like 8% here in Vegas -- it does a number on these water-laden bodies of ours -- and that's without having been singing at the top of one's lungs and running around for hours, just days ago.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 19, 2016 16:47

rollmops
Bring back memories of the cancelled Atlantic show of 2006; travelling and hotel expenses and the frustation. I feel sorry for all of you who are in that situation today. I hope Mick gets well soon.
Rock and roll,
Mops

I was there rollmops I'm still aggravated over that one.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 19, 2016 16:47

Brutal! Oh well, shit happens. I was already asleep last night when the news came out, started getting a bunch of texts early this morning. Our buddy was already at the airport as he had scheduled a work meeting around the show. With no known make up date and other life stuff happening our show must go on. Plus no refunds on hotels, etc this last minute. We're still going to make it a party in the desert. Just without a Stones show <insert sad face>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-19 16:48 by Gaetzi.

Date: October 19, 2016 16:48

I do not think anyone will buy tickets for the Saturday show if it may be cancelled or postponed.

Certainly I will not be able to travel from Australia again for just one show.

Date: October 19, 2016 16:51

Blueranger
stonesfrkk
F ing unbelievable i just landed and checked in from vegas. I m so F ing bummed i just checked in ad the lady said they canceled it but don t leave Saturday looks like it might be on @#$%& though the stones would of known if Mick had issues don t let us know 12 hours before the show the weird thing is i took the last flight out of LA and i m a frequent flyer on mutiple carriers and the last flight to vegas on 4 carriers were all delayed from Los Angeles and i just got here at 2:AM. Really weird i think it could be bad ticket sales but who knows i looked for ticket s the last week and you could get tickets anywhere but in the front A and C blocks everything else was wid open i could of got section B row A last night for face. I don t know what s up but Mick could of gave us a heafs up sooner imo. Owell Enjoy Las Vagas maybe he wants to see the presidential Debate Jk i feel bad for eveybody that traveled and spent 10 s of thousands of dollars hopefully they come through for us!! Don t go gamble all your money away in your sorrows like me lmao!! Go have a shot of johnny Walker Blue Label in there blues album there releaing and Enjoy it!!!Lets hope Saturday for all of us who came out here to Vegas

I feel sorry for you, but please take a little time to use some grammar. What you've written comes off as total gibberish.

Funny you should say that, if you can't understand this you can't understand anything. Is iorr only for the educated. I mean loads of posters are from all over the world and English is not their native language, surely literary mistakes can be tolerated.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 19, 2016 16:57

rebelrebel
mnewman505

Sounds quite tragic.

I agree I can't just fly anywhere when I want.

Date: October 19, 2016 17:05

keithsman
Blueranger
stonesfrkk

Funny you should say that, if you can't understand this you can't understand anything. Is iorr only for the educated. I mean loads of posters are from all over the world and English is not their native language, surely literary mistakes can be tolerated.

And people write quickly with their cell phones now, with all the @#$%& auto correction and abbreviations that lead to hard to read-posts etc..

Something tells me stonesfrkk is indeed an american, though.

Date: October 19, 2016 17:07

virgil
rebelrebel
mnewman505

Sounds quite tragic.

I agree I can't just fly anywhere when I want.

What happened to ticket prices, in 89' it was £25 for a standing ticket in the Stadium, 10 years later prices more than quadrupled.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: October 19, 2016 17:08

These things remind us that in life nothing is certain and no matter if you're 20 years old or 70, everyone can get sick.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 19, 2016 17:09

Blueranger
stonesfrkk

. I agree it isn't micks fault;things happen when you least expect it.

Rokyfan
rebelrebel
mnewman505

Sounds quite tragic.

Totally uncalled for. A lot of people wasted a lot of money. Yes they are better off than if they lived in Aleppo or Somalia, it doesn't mean that one cannot feel bad for someone from Germany or Australia who spent their annual vacation money on this.

Thank you Rokyfan you hit the nail right on the head. I did come from Australia

Posted by: thecitadel ()

This was a major surprise to the entourage - they arrived in town only a couple of hours before the news broke: and they did not know until the rest of us - well maybe a few minutes before.

I was told the desert air/dust was the problem - from someone very close to Mick.

So I think this really is a genuine problem - forget the conspiracy shit.

It happened to me at Wembley in 1990 (we got there before we heard); and then I flew over to Atlantic City from London in 2006 to see a note on the door postponing the gig.

Fingers crossed for everyone on Saturday - and hoping for a re-schedule on Monday...

Date: October 19, 2016 17:10

DandelionPowderman
keithsman
Blueranger
stonesfrkk

And people write quickly with their cell phones now, with all the @#$%& auto correction and abbreviations that lead to hard to read-posts etc..

eye rolling smiley Say no more, they just can't help it lol

Date: October 19, 2016 17:14

keithsman
DandelionPowderman
keithsman
Blueranger
stonesfrkk

eye rolling smiley Say no more, they just can't help it lol

I'm just as guilty as the next guy here smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home