Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bobby Vee passes on (sang 'take good care of my baby', helped Bob Dylan in the business early on)
Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: October 25, 2016 06:55

[www.minnpost.com]

"Audio: Bob Dylan performing Bobby Vee's 'Suzie Baby' at Midway Stadium"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/1960s-pop-singer-bobby-vee-has-died-at-age-73/ar-AAjlhkf?OCID=ansmsnnews11

MINNEAPOLIS — Pop idol Bobby Vee, the boyish, grinning 1960s singer whose career was born when he took a Midwestern stage as a teenager to fill in after the 1959 plane crash that killed rock 'n' roll stars Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson, has died. He was 73.

Continued at link above

--------

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Bobby Vee passes on (sang 'take good care of my baby', helped Bob Dylan in the business early on)
Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: October 25, 2016 09:17

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

RIP - interesting obituary here from the Telegraph.

Re: Bobby Vee passes on (sang 'take good care of my baby', helped Bob Dylan in the business early on)
Posted by: 751st ()
Date: October 25, 2016 09:21

Bobby Keys started out with Bobby Vee and was in his band when he met The Stones at the Teen Fair in San Antonio Tx in 1964 on The Stones 2nd ever US gig.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 25, 2016 20:54

My wife love his music.............RIP Bobby

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: October 25, 2016 22:31

Sad to hear. He was one the iconic pre-Beatles American performers. Lots of catchy period tunes. His music was and still is loved by many.

RIP Bobby Vee

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1923
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home