Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14
Re: The Rolling Stones Las Vegas show October 19 cancelled
Date: October 20, 2016 23:11

Its a shame there isn't a way for us to "ignore" negative posts.
Think I'll email BV and suggest it.
Although my posts get ignored half the time even though they are positive.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 20, 2016 23:12

An hour ago there were two advertising trucks driving through The city with The saturday date on it

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: October 20, 2016 23:13

georgemcdonnell314
thumbs up You took the words right out of my mouth.

Christopher stopped coming here for the same reason. Of all people to piss off he works for Ticketmaster and walked around outside venues sometimes giving tickets to stranded travelers who were unable to get tickets.

Those he gave away free tickets to probably logged into IORR after the show to bitch about where their seats were. I love this band, but I seldom return here.

Date: October 20, 2016 23:17

hockenheim95
An hour ago there were two advertising trucks driving through The city with The saturday date on it

Circumstantial evidence at best? If those ads were already paid for those trucks are going to roll short of someone in management contacting them to put on the brakes.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 20, 2016 23:18

Nate, I hope so to both. I'm heading out to LV tomorrow from NY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-20 23:22 by steffialicia.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 20, 2016 23:33

the show is now "officially cancelled" meaning you can get your money back.

if it had been cancelled but rescheduled no refunds,so at least the band saved the fans who flew in the trouble of reselling their tickets if they do a make-up show,they won't but if they did.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 20, 2016 23:39

I feel sorry for the fans affected by the cancellation of the show.

People can get ill...that's life.

Those dealing with all kind of bizarre theories...remember this show almost ten years ago...and then you better shut up.

[iorr.org]

Hopefully Mick recovers and the second show can take place...

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: October 20, 2016 23:45

lem motlow
the show is now "officially cancelled" meaning you can get your money back.

if it had been cancelled but rescheduled no refunds,so at least the band saved the fans who flew in the trouble of reselling their tickets if they do a make-up show,they won't but if they did.

You know this for sure? That there is no rescheduled show?

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: October 20, 2016 23:57

I have friends that are going to Vegas tomorrow for that Saturday show and they looked to me as their are stones expert. I suspect the show will go on Saturday. anybody know anything more?

Date: October 21, 2016 00:17

let me be clear- i have NO insider information.i do however,have family all over the vegas valley who have been there since the strip was a dirt road and some who have worked there for decades-

so here goes..the band cancelled the show from last night officially,which means its a done deal,you can go to the box office and get your money back as i stated before.

THIS PART IS MY CONJECTURE-why would they return the money and officially cancel it if they are gonna reschedule? it could be they are giving people who traveled a break but let's be honest,when have the stones ever considered their fans when it came to money?

this part is fact-they are selling tickets at the box office for the saturday show.this means they are planning on playing.

MORE OF MY CONJECTURE-why would they be selling tickets right now to a show saturday if they didn't think mick could make it?they could be just hedging their bets in case he gets better but i doubt it,i think he's gonna go for it.

they loaded up their gear because keith urban has friday night which makes it more confusing because it would tip us off a little if they left the stage up...all we can do is wait,if you go to vegas for saturdays shows-well,it's a gamble.

Date: October 21, 2016 00:27

I am on hold with AXS to find out any more information.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 21, 2016 00:30

Here's what it says on rollingstones.com, today at 2:30 Pacific Time:

"We regret to inform you that the Rolling Stones’ concert scheduled for Wednesday, October 19 at T-Mobile Arena has been cancelled. Lead vocalist Mick Jagger has come down with laryngitis and has been advised by doctors to rest his voice.

We hope to have information about the possibility of rescheduling this date very soon. We encourage ticket holders to wait for that information before seeking refunds. We also hope to have further information about the status of the concert scheduled for Saturday, October 22."

I think that's the same info since Tuesday night.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: October 21, 2016 00:42

I have not read this whole thread, but I have tix for Sat Oct 22. I have to be in LV for a major conference, and I know we have T Mobile for at least Wednesday night Oct 26 and maybe other events earlier in the week.

Just a tiny bit of info for those stuck traveling. I live in LA and Paris 2007 hit me hard and I could not go to the rescheduled show. At least I can get back to LV if Oct 22 gets moved.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 21, 2016 00:43

There was an off-topic discussion here. I took it away.

Name calling is unacceptable. Also, it is a bad habit to multi-quote an endless discussion sort of trying to have the final word in endless meaningless discussions, at all times. If your post was part of the posts that was taken away, please no worries, I can't take away the root of the issue without also taking away the responses, even if they are good and relevant.

I try to keep IORR a friendly non-violent place. Mind you verbal violence and ignorance is unacceptable. People should theat each others with respect here, even if internet is abused by many as a socalled "freedom to speak" (spam). We are all grown up intelligent people. Thanks for your understanding.

Bjornulf

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 21, 2016 00:52

Thanks BV . It's stressful enough without all these ridiculous insults.

We leave for the airport in a few hours . 3 UK fans flying in on a leap of faith...Whatever happens, we still love this band.

sc uk

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 21, 2016 00:55

straycatuk
Whatever happens, we still love this band.

Yes, and good luck on your trip

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 21, 2016 01:01

Thanks BV.

I spoke with a woman at AXS, she said that they are still trying to reschedule the sold-out concert from the 19th, so give them some time. They are trying to squeeze people into the the concert on the 22nd who want to exchange tickets for that concert. She said as far as they know the concert for Saturday is still a go. So a reschedule is not off the table! Since we live in San Diego and Las Vegas is easy for us to get to, we will gamble on a later concert.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 21, 2016 01:35

It is not that complicated. I see many conspiracy theories, but the fact is they do the best they can, within legal, economical and practical limits.

In order to reschedule the band, crew, venue, promoter and many other things must be in place. They work on high gear to solve it within few days.

Some people are in Las Vegas for a week and might replace LV #1 for LV #2 and be happy with that.

So patience is the world, it is less than 12 hours since the final bow should have occured at the T-Mobile for the cancelled show. We will know more soon.

Bjornulf

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 21, 2016 01:41

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: October 21, 2016 01:56

If this show does happen Saturday evening, please tell me that there is going to be a huge pre-party somewhere close to the venue!! With some Stones music, and maybe a few adult beverages as well. Headed out with friends from Dallas tomorrow, so let me know if you guys know of a place where all wagging toungues will gather.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 21, 2016 02:26

Only thing about the trading idea is many of us who bought LV1 tickets didn't get LV2s because we couldn't stick around to go that night. That is a nice option for some, perhaps.

...Still hoping to hear of a date for reschedule of the Oct. 19. Right, patience...not my strong suit. cool smiley

At least one very nice fan got me the t-shirt with the *blue tongue!* smiling smiley

(Swiss, if you're reading here, thanks--yeah, I went home.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-21 02:30 by angee.

Date: October 21, 2016 02:37

lem motlow
let me be clear- i have NO insider information.i do however,have family all over the vegas valley who have been there since the strip was a dirt road and some who have worked there for decades-

so here goes..the band cancelled the show from last night officially,which means its a done deal,you can go to the box office and get your money back as i stated before.

THIS PART IS MY CONJECTURE-why would they return the money and officially cancel it if they are gonna reschedule? it could be they are giving people who traveled a break but let's be honest,when have the stones ever considered their fans when it came to money?

this part is fact-they are selling tickets at the box office for the saturday show.this means they are planning on playing.

MORE OF MY CONJECTURE-why would they be selling tickets right now to a show saturday if they didn't think mick could make it?they could be just hedging their bets in case he gets better but i doubt it,i think he's gonna go for it.

they loaded up their gear because keith urban has friday night which makes it more confusing because it would tip us off a little if they left the stage up...all we can do is wait,if you go to vegas for saturdays shows-well,it's a gamble.

Sorry, but unless you can site an official source your whole post is conjecture.

Date: October 21, 2016 02:40

2014Slayer
Thanks BV.

I spoke with a woman at AXS, she said that they are still trying to reschedule the sold-out concert from the 19th, so give them some time. They are trying to squeeze people into the the concert on the 22nd who want to exchange tickets for that concert. She said as far as they know the concert for Saturday is still a go. So a reschedule is not off the table! Since we live in San Diego and Las Vegas is easy for us to get to, we will gamble on a later concert.

This is what I suspected. Ticket sales have been somewhat sluggish so if they can accommodate the majority of ticket holders for the 19th on the 22nd via ticket
exchanges odds are the postponed concert will be cancelled.

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: October 21, 2016 03:12

Sure hoping that the Sat show is a go as I am flying in from Philly tomorrow. Would be nice to meet some of the fellow IORR's.

Best of luck to all!!!

Date: October 21, 2016 03:32

StonedInTokyo
lem motlow

Sorry, but unless you can site an official source your whole post is conjecture.

no,the 3 things i said aren't in dispute they are facts,you don't need an insider to tell you this-

1.the show from last night is "cancelled" not postponed,they are returning your money for the tickets.
2.they are selling tickets for saturday as if the show is going on.
3.the stones gear is loaded up and gone or gonna be very soon.this came from people in vegas. if you don't believe it you can verify it yourself,it's public knowledge.

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: October 21, 2016 03:45

Me too! I pushed to the 4:30 flight.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 21, 2016 03:50

Just got a refund for last nights show at the box office..
Was asked if I wanted refund or to exchange.. Exchange?!? I said..
For Saturday she says.. Basically offering to sell me a ticket..

Rolling Stones merch stand still set up(not open)
Sure they had to clear other stuff out for tonight's concert whether they played last night or not..

Things are looking good for Saturday! (I think)

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 21, 2016 04:20

I would think a large amount of the fans in the area went to desert trip instead since tickets were really cheap. They may have miscalculated demand and it wouldn't surprise me if they just reschedule for their next "tour" in 2017.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 21, 2016 04:24

I just hope they confirm Saturday show before 3 pm so I have the option to cancel my hotel room if it is a no-go!!!

Date: October 21, 2016 04:42

I am not far from T Mobile I will walk over late and see if trucks are coming back in. That would be the first sign the show is going on.
Everything including the merchandise had to be cleared to make way for Keith Urban tonight.
So, the Urban stuff will be going out. If there are trucks coming in that will be a good sign. No trucks not a good sign.
Not sure how long it takes to set up all their staging but I'd imagine they want to get in as soon as possible for sound checks etc.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 9 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home