Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14
Re: The Rolling Stones Las Vegas show October 19 cancelled
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 19, 2016 21:38

On the Stones facebook page it has the concert listed as October 20th

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-19 21:54 by Nate.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 19, 2016 21:41

Cristiano Radtke
Beast
I and others came from UK and even further afield for the two shows and others are supposed to be coming in just for Saturday. It's very hard for most of us to change flights and reorganize plans for any rescheduled show and if the audience was to be mostly out-of-towners in the same position, it begs the question of how many of them would be able to make any new date in the near future and how many of their tickets could be resold at short notice.

Not the first cancellation for me, either. Valladolid and Atlantic City. Wembley too but as a London resident it didn't involve travel for me.

Shit happens. So there's nothing to do but make the best of what Vegas has to offer and hope that Mick recovers. Got to say that my eyes and throat are really feeling it in this air out here. I'm crossing my fingers for Saturday but not holding my breath either.

That's the spirit. Enjoy your birthday, beast! smileys with beer

+2 smiling smiley

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 19, 2016 21:47

No Stones tonight so we got tix for Billy Idol. Time to party

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: October 19, 2016 21:53

Did the same Billy Idol at House of Blues.

Date: October 19, 2016 22:19

I just saw Chris walking around the T-Mobile arena. He doesn't come here much anymore but he told me he has tons of pictures from Buffalo last summer he is going to upload.
He is the one to keep an eye on. He works for Ticketmaster and obviously has contacts for this sort of thing.
He sold me a pit ticket to the Philadelphia show in 2013 for $85 USD something I will never forget.
There was a big grin on his face when I asked him he knows something and isn't telling.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: October 19, 2016 22:26

roller99
I'm not suggesting that The Stones would be anything but honest with fans, but I think they would be viewing this as a mixed blessing. Look at how more than half the tickets for Saturday aren't sold yet.

Just because there may be seats (or A seat) available in those sections does not mean the entire section is empty! So to say the show is 'half sold' is way off.

Date: October 19, 2016 22:33

DEmerson
roller99
I'm not suggesting that The Stones would be anything but honest with fans, but I think they would be viewing this as a mixed blessing. Look at how more than half the tickets for Saturday aren't sold yet.

Just because there may be seats (or A seat) available in those sections does not mean the entire section is empty! So to say the show is 'half sold' is way off.

The show would sell out. Regardless of how many seats are left. Tons of us travel to shows knowing we take the risk of getting a ticket at the last minute. Also, there are low ballers looking for a deal and I am sure the ticket prices would go down at the last minute.
Even corporations buy up the tickets like my company did last year in when they played in Adelaide last year we have over 50 seats spread out in 3 sections

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 19, 2016 22:33

DEmerson
roller99

No, it's not. Add that together with Stubhub and all the other ticket brokers, and you have dismal ticket sales. Maybe the greed of the promoters have finally caught up.

Date: October 19, 2016 22:35

Nate

Nate

Has no one else seen this yet on the Stones facebook page?

Nate

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 19, 2016 22:39

Nate

Nate

This is what I saw on their FB page:

And this is the only "event" on October 20 on their page:

Date: October 19, 2016 22:39

Nate
Nate

Nate

Nate

Nate on their website - NOT FACEBOOK--- it says the show is canceled both in the News section and the tour section.

The facebook page hasn't been updated yet Mick is ill and will get to it when he feels better

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 19, 2016 22:40

Nate
Nate

Nate

Nate

That is a post regarding a BBC broadcast...

Bjornulf

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 19, 2016 22:41

virgil
Amy340
Flew in from New York today for both shows, nervous about Saturday now sad smiley

Me two Amy I flew in from Boston , I booked a whole week for this Monday to Monday. I passed on some other cool trips this past summer just because I wanted this bad.

This is the second time for me , 2006 Atlantic city the show was cancelled 4 hrs before the show. I found out at the Hotel when I woke up from my pre concert nap.
The reschedule was 3 weeks later I could not attend my baby sister had to get married that day. I still hate her for that.

woah, calm down virgil. Family comes first even before the Stones. But if truth be told, I would probably be pissed too.

plexi

Date: October 19, 2016 22:42

Yes on the website it says cancelled but on their facebook page that I'm looking at right now it says Oct 20th

Nate

Date: October 19, 2016 22:44

Nate
Yes on the website it says cancelled but on their facebook page that I'm looking at right now it says Oct 20th

Nate

Nate I give up.

I'd suggest getting in line at the arena now so you are the first when the gates open tonight

Date: October 19, 2016 22:45

Nate

Nate

I'm not casting any doubt, but can you post a link or a screenshot here?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 19, 2016 22:51

Nate

Nate

Facebook shows the event time where you are. If you are in Europe, it would have been October 20th by the time the show started in Vegas (on the 19th).

Date: October 19, 2016 22:52

Cristiano Radtke
Nate

Nate

Hi Cristiano
Sorry I don't know how to post links
I've just shared it on facebook so you can see it on my facebook page and maybe you know how to screenshot from there

Sorry for my lack of computer knowledge

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

Date: October 19, 2016 22:54

erikjjf
Nate

Nate

Facebook shows the event time where you are. If you are in Europe, it would have been October 20th by the time the show started in Vegas (on the 19th).

Ok sorry that didn't cross my mind
Sorry for the confusion or getting people's hopes up

Nate thumbs up

Date: October 19, 2016 22:56

Nate
Cristiano Radtke
Nate

Nate

Hi Cristiano
Sorry I don't know how to post links
I've just shared it on facebook so you can see it on my facebook page and maybe you know how to screenshot from there

Sorry for my lack of computer knowledge

Thanks

Nate thumbs up

I've just seen it, but it says October 19. There must be something wrong, I guess.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 19, 2016 22:57

What a bummer!
Keep cool everybody!
THE ROLLING STONES are just Human after all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-19 23:00 by RipThisBone.

Date: October 19, 2016 23:00

It must be because I am in Europe it's showing up as Oct 20th and showing as the 19th for America

Nate

Date: October 19, 2016 23:51

Alright, Nate! thumbs up

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 20, 2016 00:14

roller99

This diagram doesn't mean that all seats in tbe coloured sections are available. It just shows which sections still have some tickets available, could be only one or two. It is useful for those who want to search by section.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 20, 2016 00:17

roller99
DEmerson
roller99

No, it's not. Add that together with Stubhub and all the other ticket brokers, and you have dismal ticket sales. Maybe the greed of the promoters have finally caught up.
Stubhub and all the other brokers are selling tickets already sold, no? Brokers and resellers are one and the same is my understanding...

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: October 20, 2016 00:22

This was all made up, Mick and Keith are actually opening up for Trump tonight before the debate, LoL!

Date: October 20, 2016 00:27

There have been talks about poor ticket sales and empty venues for ages. It is usually coming from people who look at their beer glass and see it is half empty. There might be one or five unsold tickets in a section of 200+ tickets. I have been to hundreds of shows and they are usually packed. When you sell T-shirts at 45 dollar each it does not matter if there are a few hundred empty seats out of 18,000.

Is Elvis alive? Is Paul McCartney dead? Is the earth flat? Do The Stones have problems selling tickets? Will I win the lottery this week? No x 5.

Bjornulf

Date: October 20, 2016 00:35

This is from the T-Mobile Arena around noon time today.

Bjornulf

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: October 20, 2016 01:21

BV, do they have programs for sale?

Date: October 20, 2016 02:06

SomeTorontoGirl
roller99

This diagram doesn't mean that all seats in tbe coloured sections are available. It just shows which sections still have some tickets available, could be only one or two. It is useful for those who want to search by section.

I was able to pull up eight seat blocks (with saying 'no' to split tix) a bit earlier. $6,000+ total. $810 per seat in all the blue zones, I can't pay (& never would.) I'm up in the 'cheap seats $172.50' in sec 211. I would love to be down front, I'm a huge Stones freak, but they've bled me dry.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1512
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home