Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: December 27, 2015 22:54

DandelionPowderman
I think they record now because they felt they really had to AND because they wanted to.

I totally agree. This one is be cause the can and are willing to....add in a little bit of wanting to prove something to perhaps themselves as well as the world and I think they are going to end up with a great album.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: December 28, 2015 01:01

Yes I am excited for new stones album because I have feeling its gonna be Really Good! Seen 2 shows in Raleigh and Buffalo up front the energy level wasthru the roof from the band and the fans . Can't wait

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 28, 2015 01:01

In my opinion they certainly don't have to record a new album. Instead they are doing so because they want to put out new material.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: December 28, 2015 01:11

They are currently playing at a good level for their age. However, Mick nor Keith hadn't written a really great song in decades. Maybe they can pull it together one last time and surprise everyone. I doubt it, but I suppose it's possible.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 28, 2015 01:26

TornAndFried
They are currently playing at a good level for their age. However, Mick nor Keith hadn't written a really great song in decades. Maybe they can pull it together one last time and surprise everyone. I doubt it, but I suppose it's possible.

Well Keith has written some great material very recently!

I agree they are playing at a good level considering their age, etc., and look forward to seeing them at least one more time when they return to the US.

As for the new record, I also agree that hopefully they can pull it together with a big winner and surprise everyone.
Given their track record of the last 30+ years it's hard to be confident, but when you have Keith writing and recording great solo stuff anythings possible I suppose.
Hopefully Mick's large stockpile of already recorded demos haven't clogged up the process.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 28, 2015 01:55

mailexile67
I've only said that is a little bit different come back for the third time in US or in Europe always with the same "Concept" like an old live-act or come back with a new "Concept", a new stage, some new songs in the set-list of course connect with the exhibition-ism Concept and event...New stuff and new blood regenerating...Then,I know very well that people will make always sold out every time that the Stones will perform all over the world also without a new record...

Agreed, it has to be a lot more appealing to all parties involved (maybe for the band the most actually) to have a new "concept" to push. Can't hurt that it will remind them of the good ol' days too, look Ma' we can still do it ;-) For the audience, who knows, would I go to a stadium to see the same 2012/2013/2014 show again? Might have to think about it.

As for sellouts, well these things come and go, 2007 wasn't exactly a sellout everywhere they played...to the point where Mick felt he had to "discount" the prices at the "Stade de France" in Paris in 2014 (vs other prices in Europe) to avoid the embarrassment of 2007 with the tarped second level.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: December 28, 2015 04:06

Hoping for good music, including rhythm and blues, with inspired lyrics that move me. lol

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 28, 2015 09:03

They could have done a project similar to 'Tattoo You' with the best 10/12 outtakes.
There is great stuff to work and Chris Kimsey knows how to do!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: December 28, 2015 11:49

TornAndFried
However, Mick nor Keith hadn't written a really great song in decades.

I dont think so. They´ve written plenty of great songs in the last three decades. But People seem to always expect songs greater than JJF or Gimme Shelter or One Hit To The Body. Nobody can top these songs, not even the Stones themselves, these are once-in-a-lifetime-songs. But, as I said, they have written marvelous songs after that, only think of Doom And Gloom, Flip The Switch, Rain Fall Down or Rough Justice, true gems.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 28, 2015 22:32

Hairball
TornAndFried

That's good to know. So I guess for his loyalty to the Stones he decided to release those mediocre and forgettable ones in his solo album, and saved the gems for an upcoming Stones project...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: December 28, 2015 23:16

Had Lover's Plea ended up on a latter-day Stones album with Mick vocals, people would have screamed "Exile". Same with Amnesia.

Just a couple of examples of where to put the bar..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-28 23:17 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 28, 2015 23:45

DandelionPowderman
Had Lover's Plea ended up on a latter-day Stones album with Mick vocals, people would have screamed "Exile". Same with Amnesia.

Well, those who would, are screaming already, now aren't they?grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: December 28, 2015 23:48

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

Where?

Date: December 28, 2015 23:51

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

Where?

Well, there is that 256784 pages long thread somewhere devoted to that...

- Doxa

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 28, 2015 23:51

many albums (not only by the stones) could have been alot stronger with only 10-12 songs instead of 16 or more (with many fillers). therefore i hope they reduce it to the max!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 28, 2015 23:53

Doxa
Hairball
TornAndFried

That's good to know. So I guess for his loyalty to the Stones he decided to release those mediocre and forgettable ones in his solo album, and saved the gems for an upcoming Stones project...grinning smiley

- Doxa
smiling smiley haha

Date: December 29, 2015 00:05

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

Where?

- Doxa

With that microscopical group of Keith-ettes? Hm, not bad..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-29 00:05 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 29, 2015 00:18

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-29 00:32 by Doxa.

Date: December 29, 2015 00:21

I'm pretty sure that boils down to how much time they spend on developing those songs. I really hope they will take their time this time around.

Date: December 29, 2015 00:24

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

Where?

- Doxa

A loud-voiced elite, a bunch of people who dominated the 'discussion' in that mammouth thread... like I said "those who would"... But still I guess there are also quite a lot of people (like me) who really can't hear EXILE-class potential in the Keith Songs you mentioned, be there Mick singing or not (personally I prefer Keith doing them solo, since the songs are so Keith-idiosyncratic; potentiality is better realized that way me thinks: good Keith solo tracks could easily turn out to be mediocre Stones tracks, if Mick isn't on the same page as him).

- Doxa

Date: December 29, 2015 00:30

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

Where?

- Doxa

A loud-voiced elite, a bunch of people who dominated the 'discussion' in that mammouth thread... like I said "those who would"... But still I guess there are also quite a lot of people (like me) who really can't hear EXILE-class potential in the Keith Songs you mentioned, be there Mick singing or not (personally I prefer Keith doing them solo, since the songs are so Keith-idiosyncratic; potentiality is better realized that way me thinks: good Keith solo tracks could easily turn out to be mediocre Stones tracks, if Mick isn't on the same page as him).

- Doxa

I got you the first time, I'm not THAT loud-mouthed..

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 29, 2015 00:36

Doxa

A loud-voiced elite... like I said "those who would"... But still I guess there are also quite a lot of people (like me) who really can't hear EXILE-class potential in the Keith Songs you mentioned, be there Mick singing or not (personally I prefer Keith doing them solo, the songs are so Keith-idiosyncratic; potentiality is better realized that way me thinks: good Keith solo tracks could easily turn out to be mediocre Stones tracks, if Mick isn't 'on').

I tend to agree with you Doxa, the appeal of Keith's record was the fact that he sang all the tunes as best he could and delivered something that was pure Keith. It's so hard to try to evaluate what Mick would have done with some of those tunes, you're never sure which Mick you're going to get. I think he could have ruined some of the tunes as often as I think he might have improved a couple of them.

In any case it is highly unlikely we will get a record that resembles a Crosseyed Heart with Mick on vocals out of the Stones. I doubt Keith has that many new ideas up his sleeve and we will get mostly Mick songs with colorations by Keith and Ronnie. The usual rock by numbers, not a lot of keen studio development like the old days or complex arrangements or musical originality.

We all have slightly different expectations and ideas of what would be best, my biggest hope is for some great acoustic work, some amazing harmony vocals like the golden years and songs which have compelling elements like the intros to Shelter and CYHMK, the country vibes of Dead Flowers and Sweet Virginia, the emotional content of Let it Loose and the brilliant instrumental interplay of Rocks Off. Not asking for much really. grinning smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 29, 2015 02:19

It's neither here nor there, but did anyone else pick out the moment in "Lover's Plea" when the horns are identical to the horns in Keith's version of "You Win Again" from 2001?

Date: December 29, 2015 03:13

Doxa
Hairball
TornAndFried

- Doxa

Nice try Doxa, but you know what I meant - CROSSEYED HEART!
And if not, you edited out a key sentence in my post that would have clarified the thought for you!

"when you have Keith writing and recording great solo stuff anythings possible I suppose"

It's interesting when someone zero's in and quotes one sentence from an entire paragraph, and in the process takes it out of context from what the original poster intended...smiling smiley

DandelionPowderman

Just a couple of examples of where to put the bar..

Without question 100% correct. Even those that are in 'Crosseyed Heart denial' (a new phrase I just coined) would probably be heaping praise upon them!

Naturalust
the appeal of Keith's record was the fact that he sang all the tunes as best he could and delivered something that was pure Keith. It's so hard to try to evaluate what Mick would have done with some of those tunes, you're never sure which Mick you're going to get. I think he could have ruined some of the tunes as often as I think he might have improved a couple of them.

In any case it is highly unlikely we will get a record that resembles a Crosseyed Heart with Mick on vocals out of the Stones. I doubt Keith has that many new ideas up his sleeve and we will get mostly Mick songs with colorations by Keith and Ronnie. The usual rock by numbers, not a lot of keen studio development like the old days or complex arrangements or musical originality.

We all have slightly different expectations and ideas of what would be best, my biggest hope is for some great acoustic work, some amazing harmony vocals like the golden years and songs which have compelling elements like the intros to Shelter and CYHMK, the country vibes of Dead Flowers and Sweet Virginia, the emotional content of Let it Loose and the brilliant instrumental interplay of Rocks Off. Not asking for much really.

I tried not to quote a single sentence out of context Naturalust, so I put in bold everything I agree with instead. smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-29 03:27 by Hairball.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 29, 2015 03:26

Cheers to you Hairball you are certainly consistent in your love of Keith's latest record and I'm glad we agree on so many aspect of the possible new Stones album. I had another spin of CH today and certain songs have grown on me like an old friend and others I just wish would get over quickly. I can see that this is a record I will always enjoy aspects of but not one I'm apt to play very often because of the lack of any truly standout tunes and the amazing competition it has from my own record collection.

Date: December 29, 2015 03:46

It's not everyone's cup of tea to the extent that it is for others, but there are many people who love the record for what it is. It quenched the thirst for many starving Stones fans who haven't had anything to 'write home about' in decades. There are certain qualities to it that have been discussed ad infinitum, so will leave it at that

Truth be told, I haven't listened to it in well over two weeks. Like you, I have so many many other things to listen to.
But the entire album is like an old friend, and it's about time we get reaquainted. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-29 03:47 by Hairball.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 29, 2015 15:22

KRiffhard
They could have done a project similar to 'Tattoo You' with the best 10/12 outtakes.
yes but are there any good outtakes? They could of course find some Möre gems from 70-75

Date: December 29, 2015 16:08

Redhotcarpet
KRiffhard
yes but are there any good outtakes? They could of course find some Möre gems from 70-75

That is a good question indeed.

There probably are, but probably only unfinished ones from 1977 and later.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 29, 2015 17:19

DandelionPowderman
Redhotcarpet
KRiffhard

That is a good question indeed.

There probably are, but probably only unfinished ones from 1977 and later.

What about these songs post 'Tattoo You' to start this project?! smiling bouncing smiley

Stop That/Chainsaw Rocker
[www.youtube.com]

You got it made
[www.youtube.com]

For your precious love
[www.youtube.com]

Eliza Upchink
[www.youtube.com]

What Am I Gonna Do With Your Love
[www.youtube.com]

She never listen to me
[www.youtube.com]

"Keep it cool"
[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 29, 2015 17:23

thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home