Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: January 5, 2016 17:33

Just want to get in before anyone hates on OOC, YGMR, and SOL - caught shows with all three of these songs live, and whereas I like all three on the album, was stoked as hell to hear them live, and they came across great!

Rome 2014 saw SOL as a definite high point in an already great concert! Unforgettable hearing 70,000+ people singing along with Mick on SOL.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 5, 2016 17:42

nankerzrk
Just want to get in before anyone hates on OOC, YGMR, and SOL - caught shows with all three of these songs live, and whereas I like all three on the album, was stoked as hell to hear them live, and they came across great!

Rome 2014 saw SOL as a definite high point in an already great concert! Unforgettable hearing 70,000+ people singing along with Mick on SOL.

yes you are right!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 5, 2016 17:47

Of course they throw in one or two of those on occasion. Often they don't. My point is if none of those songs existed the Stones would be the same, as would their live show.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 5, 2016 17:51

More Hot Rocks
nankerzrk

yes you are right!

I can imagine hearing 70,000+ singing along to SOL would be a sight to behold.

For me it's always sounded like a Bon Jovi power ballad (studio and live), and doesn't have any Stones trademarks that would make it enjoyable.

Date: January 5, 2016 17:51

A sundae would still be a sundae without whipped cream and a cherry on top - I still want both!

In all seriousness, I get what you mean, they're not game changers, but they keep things interesting; I wouldn't mind at all if SA saw a few more Voodoo-onwards songs in the setlist, to be honest.

Date: January 5, 2016 17:56

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 5, 2016 17:58

nankerzrk
A sundae would still be a sundae without whipped cream and a cherry on top - I still want both!

In all seriousness, I get what you mean, they're not game changers, but they keep things interesting; I wouldn't mind at all if SA saw a few more Voodoo-onwards songs in the setlist, to be honest.

My point was not to insult those songs. I like a lot of them. My point was that I doubt the current rumors that they are going to put in the work necessary to produce a new album when new albums are so little a part of what they are.

Re: Well I'm sitting here thinkin'
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 5, 2016 18:23

Rokyfan
HopeYouGuessMyName

Black and Blue 23 April 1976
Some Girls 9 June 1978
Emotional Rescue 20 June 1980
Tattoo You 24 August 1981
Undercover 7 November 1983
Dirty Work 24 March 1986 (I remember convincing myself this was good)
Steel Wheels 29 August 1989 (Comeback album from a band that never left)
Voodoo Lounge 11 July 1994
Bridge to Babylon 29 Sept 1997 (like it then, still like it now)
A Bigger Bang 5 Sept 2005 (loved it then, still love it now)

It is pretty amazing . . . 10 albums in 40 years (actually 30 because the last ten there have been none). Yet, the Stones continue to be perhaps the most successful touring band of all time with only one song from those 40 years an integral part of their show. Except for Start me Up the Stones could be doing exactly what they are doing without any of those ten albums ever existing. It is why I personally think that this talk of a new album being recorded and released is way overblown, rumor inflated into reality. I don't think they have the desire, or the need, to put in the type and volume of work necessary to result in a new album, despite that they may have spent a few days in a studio last month. It's just my opinion.

The best way to play the new album live would be to play smaller venues and tie the tour to the new album. I understand this would be ambitious but new songs deserve to be played live if the Stones really believe in what they are recording IMO…..

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 5, 2016 18:30

nankerzrk

I was there that night in Rome and yes it was amazing

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 5, 2016 18:55

Nate
nankerzrk

Nate thumbs up

Terrible, horrible... 70.000+ people singing this schmaltzy, slimy, good-for-nothing awful bad song... this ditty spoils the whole ABB-album.

It is simply an atrocity. Compared to that even Hard Woman shines.

Edit: I doubt that a few days of hanging around in a studio automatically leads to a new album. Maybe they´ll lose interest or come to nothing at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-05 19:08 by HMS.

Date: January 5, 2016 19:15

HMS
Nate
nankerzrk

Nate thumbs up

Terrible, horrible... 70.000+ people singing this schmaltzy, slimy, good-for-nothing awful bad song... this ditty spoils the whole ABB-album.

Edit: I doubt that a few days of hanging around in a studio automatically leads to a new album. Maybe they´ll lose interest or come to nothing at all.

Glad I got in early.. winking smiley

On a separate note - if MJ and KR both have Stones-y material ready, not impossible that studio wouldn't be a massively time-consuming process. Alternatively, might not be a new album, but a few songs, as they did with D&G and OMS?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 5, 2016 19:21

HMS
Nate
nankerzrk

Nate thumbs up

thumbs up
SOL is even worse than 'Brand New Set of Rules' that is an embarassing song!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 5, 2016 19:29

Ha-ha, I have to laugh (at myself) because I like "brand new set of rules". When it was new I played the hell out of it. Also like the live version of SOL, but I wouldn't call either of these serious classics. Sometimes I like something lighter. Got to mix it up a little imo.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 5, 2016 20:39

The last I heard which was very recently was that it will be a new album and like I said before my source of information regarding this is the best you can get.

I can't believe people are already being negative about it when the band are in the process of making it and you haven't even heard it yet.

Nate

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 5, 2016 20:43

+1
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 5, 2016 20:48

mailexile67
+1

Yes! thumbs up

We're having a great time as a Stones fans with the new tour and the new album (not to speak about the Exhibitionism event), so I think we should celebrate instead of being negative all the time. smileys with beer

Date: January 5, 2016 20:50

frankotero
Ha-ha, I have to laugh (at myself) because I like "brand new set of rules". When it was new I played the hell out of it. Also like the live version of SOL, but I wouldn't call either of these serious classics. Sometimes I like something lighter. Got to mix it up a little imo.

Have to agree with you - both on Brand New Set of Rules, as well as liking something lighter every once in a while

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: January 5, 2016 20:52

They will be going from chilly to Chile very soon

Date: January 5, 2016 21:13

Cristiano Radtke
mailexile67
+1

Yes! thumbs up

We're having a great time as a Stones fans with the new tour and the new album (not to speak about the Exhibitionism event), so I think we should celebrate instead of being negative all the time. smileys with beer

smileys with beer

Date: January 5, 2016 22:13

Nate
The last I heard which was very recently was that it will be a new album and like I said before my source of information regarding this is the best you can get.

I can't believe people are already being negative about it when the band are in the process of making it and you haven't even heard it yet.

Nate

Nate, some people is negative about Streets of Love or Sweet Neo Con..not about a new album!

Posted by: alfadriver85 ()
Date: January 5, 2016 22:42

I disagree. It could be a combination of Who's Next, Beethoven's 5th, Exile on Main Street, James Brown at the Apollo and Revolver and people on would here still complain.

No matter what they produce people are going to dismiss it because it was recorded after 1978.

Date: January 5, 2016 22:54

KRiffhard
Nate

Nate

Nate, some people is negative about Streets of Love or Sweet Neo Con..not about a new album!

smileys with beer

Date: January 5, 2016 22:54

alfadriver85
I disagree. It could be a combination of Who's Next, Beethoven's 5th, Exile on Main Street, James Brown at the Apollo and Revolver and people on would here still complain.

No matter what they produce people are going to dismiss it because it was recorded after 1978.

smileys with beer

Date: January 5, 2016 23:51

Maindefender
KRiffhard
Nate

Nate

smileys with beer

thumbs up

Date: January 5, 2016 23:53

KRiffhard
Maindefender
KRiffhard
Nate

Nate

smileys with beer

thumbs up

winking smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: January 6, 2016 02:35

KRiffhard
Nate

Nate

As far as I have understood tongue sticking out smiley, those two songs will not feature on a new Rolling Stones album, so why then will a couple of posters repeatedly keep on moaning about the mentionned songs anew and anew in the context of a coming new Stones album?

Date: January 6, 2016 09:03

Witness
KRiffhard
Nate

Nate

As far as I have understood tongue sticking out smiley, those two songs will not feature on a new Rolling Stones album, so why then will a couple of posters repeatedly keep on moaning about the mentionned songs anew and anew in the context of a coming new Stones album?

Maybe to prevent other songs like that on new Stones album!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: January 6, 2016 09:38

I see, it is a campaign.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: January 6, 2016 10:42

Witness
I see, it is a campaign.

Yes it is. And e tiresome one.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: January 6, 2016 10:43

Nate

Nate

thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home