Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 147
Re: New Rolling Stones studio album due out in 2016
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 15, 2016 10:27

IanBillen
Well Heinz57 just reported they were in London Recording?

This image still seems to be in NYC .. although Keith has the same exact clothes on as he did in the shots from a few days ago.

Perhaps it was from a few days ago ..

Yes, both of them seems to be wearing the same clothes they were wearing when that photo from a week ago was posted: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 15, 2016 10:55

Cristiano Radtke
IanBillen

This image still seems to be in NYC .. although Keith has the same exact clothes on as he did in the shots from a few days ago.

Yes, both of them seems to be wearing the same clothes they were wearing when that photo from a week ago was posted: [www.iorr.org]

Ya... well the way I see it you and I have a couple choices based on that.

1. We can choose to believe Keith and Cheryl don't change clothes very much or coincidentally are wearing the same exact outfits as they did about one week ago together.

OR ... 2. We can assume the image was from a week prior in which leaves the door open for Keith to be wherever .. such as back in London as Heinz57 is telling us.

I think option number two (2) is not only better for us 'Stones fans'.. it makes that much more sense!! grinning smiley ha. Cheers.

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-15 10:57 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 15, 2016 12:03

IanBillen

Agreed. He's busy that's a good thing.....thumbs up

Date: June 15, 2016 12:44

Sheryl probably isn't in London with the Stones recording. My guess is that Keith added something on her album.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 15, 2016 14:06

....what a relief.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 15, 2016 15:29

DandelionPowderman
Sheryl probably isn't in London with the Stones recording. My guess is that Keith added something on her album.

Glad to see that Sheryl Crow is hard at work on a new, as-yet-untitled album. The nine-time Grammy Award-winning musician (32 times nominated) hasn’t released a new record since 2013’s Feels Like Home, but that multi-year streak should end soon.

Crow was all smiles in a picture she posted to her social media accounts this week of her “dream team.” Those include Steve Jordan (Keith Richards, original Blues Brothers band, John Mayer Trio), her songwriting collaborator Jeff Trott (“Every Day is a Winding Road,” “If it Makes You Happy,” “Soak Up the Sun”) and a fellow by the name of Neil Young. It’s a small but tantalizing peek at her new release, which so far has been kept very well under wraps. No release date has been mentioned.

Including her 1993 debut LP Tuesday Night Music Club, Crow has released eight of her own studio albums and contributed to a number of live, compilation and soundtrack offerings, performing with the likes of The Rolling Stones, Stevie Nicks, Eric Clapton, Willie Nelson, George Strait, Sting and others. The debut single from her 1996 self-titled second album, “If It Makes You Happy,” became a massive radio success and earned her two Grammys for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance and Best Rock Album. Crow has sold a reported 50 million albums worldwide.

So far this year, she has three performances on her calendar. On June 25th, Crow will be in Aspen, Colorado for the Jazz Aspen Snowmass June Experience. (Click here for more details.) The singer will also be headlining a free 4th of July celebration in Nashville, which boasts one of the largest fireworks displays in the nation, set to the sounds of the Nashville Symphony Orchestra. The family friendly Music City event takes place on two stages – Ascend Amphitheater and The Green at Riverfront Park. And on July 12th, Crowe will perform at the Festival d’été de Québec.

Best Classic Bands will continue to update the progress of Crow’s new album as well as her touring info.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 15, 2016 18:20

Post above is a bit of a red herring - "this week" mentioned in the story is from March.

Here's the "dream team" photo:

[www.sherylcrownews.com]

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 16, 2016 13:45

Neil's t-shirt is missing an "R"

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 16, 2016 21:27

tomcasagranda
Neil's t-shirt is missing an "R"

Nope... There's no such thing as a 'prono', tomcassagranda. winking smiley

Date: June 17, 2016 00:04

Or "ponor"...

Date: June 17, 2016 02:47

DandelionPowderman
Or "ponor"...

Dandelion don't tell no lies... Dandelion will make you wise ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-17 02:48 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 17, 2016 06:25

My guess is that we real hear no real news until late July/ early August. How many track, album title, some of the song titles. They also need to play it live. Dump 5 out of the twenty songs they play every damn night and replace the with 5 new songs.
Drop:
Miss you. We've all heard it a million times
PAint it black
Sympathy or honkytonk
It's only Rock and roll
Wild horses

You will still have more than enough warhorses to please the casuals and 5 new tracks to revitalize the stones and their diehards. I remember being at msg in 2006 and after seeing 3 shows that week I was ready to leave during the second half the surprises live aren't coming anymore.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 17, 2016 07:53

Bashlets
My guess is that we real hear no real news until late July/ early August. How many track, album title, some of the song titles. They also need to play it live. Dump 5 out of the twenty songs they play every damn night and replace the with 5 new songs.
Drop:
Miss you. We've all heard it a million times
PAint it black
Sympathy or honkytonk
It's only Rock and roll
Wild horses

You will still have more than enough warhorses to please the casuals and 5 new tracks to revitalize the stones and their diehards. I remember being at msg in 2006 and after seeing 3 shows that week I was ready to leave during the second half the surprises live aren't coming anymore.

ok bashlets...we like your proposal. you have the job, you'll be in charge of the setlist. DON'T DISAPPOINT!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 17, 2016 10:06

It's incredible that with all the Londoners in the forum no one know if the Stones are recording there right now!It is a Military secret or what?!

Date: June 17, 2016 10:17

mailexile67
It's incredible that with all the Londoners in the forum no one know if the Stones are recording there right now!It is a Military secret or what?!

Public posts from Pierre and Ms. Leavell aren't good enough for you? smiling smiley

They are not going to London for sightseeing..

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 17, 2016 14:50

mailexile67

thumbs up

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: June 17, 2016 16:02

Any word on what's happening in London, where it might be good to be a casual bystander?

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: June 17, 2016 17:50

DandelionPowderman
Public posts from Pierre and Ms. Leavell aren't good enough for you? smiling smiley

Don't forget the photos posted by MJ about his recent re-visits of Exhibitionism.

Date: June 17, 2016 18:14

DandelionPowderman
mailexile67

Hi DP...what does she said?! I missed something...

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: June 17, 2016 18:24

Anyone know what studio they might use in London? Cheeky question but worth a shot

Date: June 17, 2016 18:26

heinz57
The Stones are recording in London now. They started on Monday and will be in studio for about 10 days.

I'm waiting for the second post of this guy!!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 17, 2016 22:03

Go back to Dandy's post from June 14th where he copied the FB message from Pierre and you can read Chuck's wife's message about meeting up with them today.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 17, 2016 22:40

I think when we reach a hundred pages, three thousand posts and quarter of a million views we will finally know something!

Date: June 17, 2016 22:52

Stoneage
I think when we reach a hundred pages, three thousand posts and quarter of a million views we will finally know something!

grinning smiley

Date: June 17, 2016 22:52

Rocky Dijon
Go back to Dandy's post from June 14th where he copied the FB message from Pierre and you can read Chuck's wife's message about meeting up with them today.

Thanks Rocky thumbs up

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 17, 2016 23:16

Blues song on new Stones CD!!!

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 17, 2016 23:56

Stoneage

Yeah, because the album will be out then!

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: June 18, 2016 05:51

They are at Metropolis.

Date: June 18, 2016 06:00

It is my thought that perhaps this album is a little something special.... in consisting of something in product they never did before .. (at least officially as an official release) in terms of this blues album ...and new stuff.

Perhaps an all blues covers first half with a second album of all new material? Meaning one half blues and another full album with the new material?

**Perhaps a deluxe version with the blues covers and the other half of that as being the new stuff. The latter here seems to make the most sense and seem the most probable.

At any rate.. seems they are working on it again right about now (the material) as we discuss it here - (!)

Any thoughts?

Posted by: heinz57 ()
Date: June 18, 2016 10:03

Expect a tune by Lightin' Slim on the next album

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 147

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1818
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home