Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 28
Re: OT: Guns n' Roses - Axl and Slash reconcile
Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: April 3, 2016 14:05

Wonder if anyone done a audience recording

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 3, 2016 16:06

If so, he must be a really experienced bootleger, because the security was very strict, apparently even cell phones were not allowed!

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: April 3, 2016 16:16

Yeah but people still got to film lol I think they will release it end of the year

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: April 3, 2016 18:01

Sounds a bit crap to me......They need to replace that drummer!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 3, 2016 18:30

strat72
Sounds a bit crap to me......They need to replace that drummer!
I'm still quite upset about the drummer. It makes sense, but it would be like my last string choice.

There's Adler, who's great but unstable. He's the best choice, but obviously can't do everything. And I think they just plain don't trust him.

Then there's Sorum, the guy that actually did tour with them and plays with Slash and Duff ALL the time. His absence is sad, but its probably because he'd be another Team Slash/Duff guy and not pro-Axl. At least keeping Axl's current drummer its like Axl "won" something I would guess.

There are other drummers. The drummer before Frank, named Brain, was much better IMO, and then there's Slash's solo drummer who never had a shot but is EXCELLENT. He would kill with these songs. Frank would literally be my last choice, but unfortunately he was there at the right time and it makes perfect sense Axl would push for him since he needs Duff and Slash. At least now it seems like he wasn't a total failure. But I've never enjoyed Frank's drumming and I get on board with that LESS than getting on board with Fortus in for Izzy, cause Fortus is actually good.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 3, 2016 21:10

"Welcome to the Jungle"

[www.youtube.com]

Watch it before it gets taken down.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 3, 2016 21:17

"Salt of the Earth" - Atlantic City 1989
w/Axl & Izzy

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: April 3, 2016 22:15

Man in case we needed even more confirmation the Mick is not human, look at how bad Axl Rose looks.

Date: April 3, 2016 22:54

bbeliko
Man in case we needed even more confirmation the Mick is not human, look at how bad Axl Rose looks.

or confirmation that axl is on meds for mental issues. for real though mick jagger has had at least a hair transplant or something. if he had a thinning hairline or was bald i doubt we;d be saying he looks good

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 4, 2016 01:03

bbeliko

Yeah he's looking a bit like Meatloaf...
(not the singer, but an actual slab of meatloaf).

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 4, 2016 01:48

Hairball
bbeliko

*This made me laugh. And how 'bout Slash, there's the real guns, been lifting weights/ nice shoulders dude.
ETA: I was being sincere, from fuzzy photos but that's what I was thinking- looking good Slash nice shoulders lol.
Last edit: no see now I went back and looked/ not like Slash been daily at Gold's gym/ shouldn't have played here probably and no Slash is not my type/ I gotta man.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-04 02:20 by 35love.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 4, 2016 02:25

keefriffhard4life
bbeliko

or confirmation that axl is on meds for mental issues. for real though mick jagger has had at least a hair transplant or something. if he had a thinning hairline or was bald i doubt we;d be saying he looks good

could you source any of that for me?i'm not saying you're wrong just that i've never heard of any psych drugs that make you gain weight or of axl taking anything like that.it could be true but most likely he just likes to eat.
jagger had a hair transplant? didn't know that,could you source that also?

guns actually sounded pretty good there and axl still has his voice but that drummer sounded like somone hitting a cardboard box compared to steven or matt.like all great rock and roll bands the drummer and bass drive it,but i doubt anyone will notice on the tour unless you saw them years ago.

luckily the stones still have the engine and they don't go anywhere without..the engine.

Date: April 4, 2016 03:53

lem motlow
keefriffhard4life
bbeliko

could you source any of that for me?i'm not saying you're wrong just that i've never heard of any psych drugs that make you gain weight or of axl taking anything like that.it could be true but most likely he just likes to eat.
jagger had a hair transplant? didn't know that,could you source that also?

guns actually sounded pretty good there and axl still has his voice but that drummer sounded like somone hitting a cardboard box compared to steven or matt.like all great rock and roll bands the drummer and bass drive it,but i doubt anyone will notice on the tour unless you saw them years ago.

luckily the stones still have the engine and they don't go anywhere without..the engine.

go look up the side effects of every drug htat helps people with anxiety or depression. they all have weight gain as a side effect. i don't need to source it. 1 year axl was still in shape acting like usually nut job self and 14 months later he was calm but had gained a lot of weight

no way that is mick jaggers hair from the 1960's. sure you can be 70 years old and have a head of hair but it would show signs of thinning now

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 4, 2016 05:42

franzk
If so, he must be a really experienced bootleger, because the security was very strict, apparently even cell phones were not allowed!

I was told there was no search and it would have been easy to record.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 4, 2016 12:09

lem motlow

i've never heard of any psych drugs that make you gain weight

My cousin is on that kind of medication and he's bloated ugly and apathic.

Date: April 4, 2016 12:25

Paranoia / schizo-medication is really making you gain a lot of weight.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 4, 2016 15:19

Where's Izzy?

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 4, 2016 20:22

didn't know about the drugs but i wouldn't be suprised if Axl was taking something to help get his head straight.
rock and roll attracts people with eccentric personalities but axl is one of the few[along with Keith Moon] who actually were bat shit f'n crazy,but man what a voice.

i can't say enough good things about this band-in the early to mid 70,s i was lucky enough to have seen the entire laundry list of great bands.The Who with the original 4, Zeppelin,the Floyd with Roger etc but by the mid 80.s it seemed there were no real great bands left.

it was a bunch of jerkoffs playing a million notes per minute on these little sci-fi movie looking guitars.if you weren't around then you wouldnt know that at that point you didnt see up and coming guitar players with les pauls,old telecasters or strats like Page,Beck, Townshend and the greats from the past decades.it was a massive sea of Eddie Van Halen wannabes and not one of them had a style you could pick out from the other.

When i heard Guns for the first time it was like a dog whistle,my ears perked up .this girl i knew had the casette tape in her car.."uh,who is this band ?"
checking into it i found out that they were opening on the Aerosmith tour that summer and got a couple of my old concert crew from way back.we would still get together if Beck or Page were doing something and of course for the Stones Tours.i said "guys i think you need to see this"

at that point we'd seen Aerosmith so many times it was like seeing the family again at thanksgiving,but Guns..man.we were laughing and having such a good time alot of sideways glances and maybe some high fives"holy shit,it's an actual rock and roll band!!!

i've seen enough that i can get a good feel of a band by looking at their equipment[leaning on the stage when Pages roadie sets the doubleneck on it's stand would be an extreme example-it's a certain gravitas that you just feel]
i was reminded of that with these guys,they just had it.i saw them maybe 6 or 8 times from 87-92 and man they are the real deal.

if you've never seen them-Go!!! it may not be the Appetite tour but so what,they'll kill it just the same.they don't make em like that anymore.

Date: April 4, 2016 21:42

Thats an awesome story. I appreciate you relaying it. Can't tell if it means you'll be going to one of these shows with your old crew, but I agree with most of it.

I think a major thing is Slash. They're all incredibly important. Izzy wrote the songs, Axl sings like a banshee, but there's something about the image of Slash that has always gotten me. Its most definitely a "band", but there's something Slash has done throughout his career thats pretty singular. After the 70s, it was hard to find anyone that had their own "sound". Slash does. You can tell when he's playing guitar and someone has described it perfectly that he plays every solo like its his last. There's just SO much emotion there that has never left. I could go on just as much about Axl and Izzy, but when you compare it to the Van Halen and the Page's, Slash is like the last vestige of that. Joe Perry says he's the last guitar hero and I think he's right. I think Slash has a way of carrying that to other bits of his career. Izzy has made great studio albums, but they are missing Axl and Slash. Axl can make a good record, but it misses the core of Izzy and Slash to embellish those ideas properly. You can say the same about Slash's solo albums, but I think his guitar playing is still there, as it is whenever he covers a song, so I think his talents are more easily recognized.

Anyway, I'm rambling. But I agree with everything you said.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 4, 2016 21:57

Izzy will be missed. This is a money grab and nothing more with no new album.

S

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: April 4, 2016 22:19

spikenyc
"Welcome to the Jungle"

[www.youtube.com]

Watch it before it gets taken down.

Just watched part of it. Shame it ain't taken down yet.

Only positive: This pigscreamer stengthens my believe in THE ROLLING STONES.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-04 22:20 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: April 4, 2016 23:05

Axl hair gossip from The Independent newspaper (UK), Wednesday 6 February 2008:

"Eyes up: Bryan and Axl's hairy moment

The reformed rock star Axl Rose cuts an eccentric figure these days, so much so that even Bryan Ferry will have a cheeky pop.

The Guns 'n' Roses singer made an unexpected appearance at the chic Mayfair eaterie Le Caprice on Monday evening, where the following exchange was overheard between Ferry and a fellow diner.

Diner: "Did you know that Axl Rose is an anagram for Oral Sex?"

Ferry: "No I didn't. But did you know that the man is bald as a coot and wears hair extensions? He also wears a bandana to cover his bald crown."

Fortunately for Ferry, Rose was well out of earshot – which is just as well, when one considers his active role in ejecting unwanted members of a crowd. He was arrested in 1991 after sparking a riot in St Louis, when he leapt off the stage into the crowd to wrestle a camera from a fan.

Rose was not available to comment last night."

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: April 5, 2016 00:41

Midnight Toker

S
Its not meant as a knock against the Stones, but I truly truly don't see how its more of a money grab than the Rolling Stones. The Rolling Stones hate each but get along for the money they make at shows, they have only 3 original members left in the band, and they charge $250 or more for tickets.

Guns N Roses COULD bring Izzy Stradlin on full time. The Stones COULD have brought Mick Taylor back full time. They did not. I'm sorry, but I see no difference between these two. The Stones are doing it just as much for the money as Guns are right now, and the amount of similarities is uncanny actually.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 5, 2016 01:06

RollingFreak
Midnight Toker

S
Its not meant as a knock against the Stones, but I truly truly don't see how its more of a money grab than the Rolling Stones. The Rolling Stones hate each but get along for the money they make at shows, they have only 3 original members left in the band, and they charge $250 or more for tickets.

Guns N Roses COULD bring Izzy Stradlin on full time. The Stones COULD have brought Mick Taylor back full time. They did not. I'm sorry, but I see no difference between these two. The Stones are doing it just as much for the money as Guns are right now, and the amount of similarities is uncanny actually.

Why the comparison?
The Stones are 70+ year old elder statesmen of rock and roll and have every right to rest on their laurels and rip off their fans. smiling smiley
G'N'R on the other hand have done nothing of value in many years - they owe their fans MUCH more than simply a cash grab reunion tour.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 5, 2016 01:41

RollingFreak
The Rolling Stones hate each but get along for the money they make at shows, they have only 3 original members left in the band, and they charge $250 or more for tickets.

The Rolling Stones hate each?????? I don't believe that!!!! They are old friends IMO!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-05 01:42 by Ladykiller.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 5, 2016 01:43

RollingFreak
Thats an awesome story. I appreciate you relaying it. Can't tell if it means you'll be going to one of these shows with your old crew, but I agree with most of it.

I think a major thing is Slash. They're all incredibly important. Izzy wrote the songs, Axl sings like a banshee, but there's something about the image of Slash that has always gotten me.

It's the hat. If only C.C. De Ville had kept it then we would be talking about GNR as much as we do Salty Dog.

Date: April 5, 2016 02:13

Hairball
RollingFreak
Midnight Toker

S

Why the comparison?
The Stones are 70+ year old elder statesmen of rock and roll and have every right to rest on their laurels and rip off their fans. smiling smiley
G'N'R on the other hand have done nothing of value in many years - they owe their fans MUCH more than simply a cash grab reunion tour.

Lol the comparison isn't needed, but hopefully you see the hypocrisy in that statement. The Stones haven't done anything of value in 30 years. They have rested on their laurels just as Guns are. Its not needed to stay on the topic, but just saying anyone making fun of Guns should notice that our bands was the one that invented and perfected this.

But really back to the topic at hand. They obviously made an impact that many didn't. Otherwise this tour wouldn't sell at all.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 5, 2016 17:02

Buh-buh-BLOATED!

Wow.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: April 6, 2016 00:35

Hairball
bbeliko

That's @#$%& hilarious. Best post of the month.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 6, 2016 03:16

note to self... dont do this...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-06 03:21 by jambay.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home