Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 34
Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:16

ohotos
Calling them one percenters was just a quick way for me to identify the guests as some called them that further up in the thread, sorry if I offended you. Sure, some heads might roll after this "breach" but all this security theater in the US is way overblown.

Lie the George Soros' of the world...I got it

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:20

caschimann
Onlystones. To be very, very honest:

I don´t believe you one word.

I don´t believe you were at Fonda, nor Petco, nor Belly.

In my opinion it´s all in your head.

Incl. the staff-story to get in to Belly Up.

But it is nice literature the things you write here.

So sorry that I have this feeling.

More, more sorry if i´m totally wrong.

But I just can feel what I feel.

Also he has not shared any details about the performance. Possibly waiting
To read them himself.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:21

well onlystones, if you never reply to this thread, then I guess that we will have our answer... sad smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:23

He is probably busy setting up a new handle right now.

Posted by: Alef ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:23

I was there too. Stumpy Matumbo let me in, after I told him its my birthday.

Date: May 28, 2015 18:26

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of disappointed, I enjoyed reading his stories even if they weren't true, just like I enjoyed reading LIFE ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 28, 2015 18:27

On the Internet, no one knows you're a cat.

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:30

swiss
bv
I am not invited. I just happened to bike the Del Mar Mesa trails this morning, three hours or so, great trails, and they just happened to be preparing for a private show right here. I saw the trucks outside, and some crew, pretty easy to see what is going on when you know a lot of faces.

I see... I thought by the following you meant you went there last night to scope it out because you knew about tonight.

bv
I went to...the Belly Up last night, to get a feeling of the the venue.

What an amazing coincidence you just happened to go there last night to scope out the space! And then just happened to ride by today - wow eye popping smiley

Yes, please explain?!

Posted by: Ket ()

At last other people are calling this BS as well, I had thought perhaps I missed some post somewhere that confirmed his stories because they just sounded ridiculous from the start to me.

What if it is true, who are the idiots then? winking smiley

Date: May 28, 2015 18:31

You can read back the thread. I won't outright call someone a liar, but I tried to express my doubts.

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:34

I've got a couple of links to news stories from san diego on my Keith Richards page... one has audio clip from last night ... another has footage of Mick and Ronnie behind The Belly Up.

Date: May 28, 2015 18:35

NEWMAN
swiss
bv
I am not invited. I just happened to bike the Del Mar Mesa trails this morning, three hours or so, great trails, and they just happened to be preparing for a private show right here. I saw the trucks outside, and some crew, pretty easy to see what is going on when you know a lot of faces.

I see... I thought by the following you meant you went there last night to scope it out because you knew about tonight.

bv

What an amazing coincidence you just happened to go there last night to scope out the space! And then just happened to ride by today - wow eye popping smiley

Yes, please explain?!

He did a while back...

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:35

DandelionPowderman
I would have no reservation in admiting I was wrong, hell by some miracle he is telling the truth I will join HIS fan club smileys with beer

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:49

So this was where the lucky dip tickets ended up? Man...that is an upgrade...

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:50

DandelionPowderman

I was reasonably sure he was making it all up from the start, but couldn't be bothered appearing any more of a party pooper than I already do, Taylorite that I am. He has never posted evidence - photos, ticket stubs etc - that he was at any of these shows, and his 'sex, drugs and rock and roll' posts sound like they were written by a delusional teenager. Also, he registered his account last month or something and began posting this stuff immediately. He rings all the troll alarm bells, and in the incredibly unlikely event that his stories are actually true, no one who suspected otherwise could be called an idiot for having done so.

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:50

alieb
NEWMAN
swiss
bv

bv

Yes, please explain?!

He did a while back...

Can't find it, but I'm not an expert in 'reading between the lines' quote's.

Date: May 28, 2015 18:52

NEWMAN
alieb
NEWMAN
swiss
bv

bv

Yes, please explain?!

He did a while back...

Can't find it, but I'm not an expert in 'reading between the lines' quote's.

He said he did receive information about the show ahead of time but didn't share it here because he didn't want to spread rumors, but that that was the reason he was in the area and went to the venue the night before.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: May 28, 2015 18:53

I think them taking a few million to play a short club gig is awesome. It makes them seem even more real and down to earth to me. Seriously would any "real" musician say no to playing a few songs they wrote for that much cash? I do not mean this in sarcasm at all. I've played a bunch of gigs in venues that size for a few hundred $ where we had to bring our own sound, the Stones are living the dream. This is their career, just like most of us have day jobs. The Stones just happen to make way more than us for doing something way cooler. They don't owe us anything.
I'm so sick of people using terms like "cash grab". They are doing their jobs, and reaping the benefits of 50 years of hard work. If you don't like it, don't buy a ticket, but also quit bitching. They don't owe each and every person who listens to Stones music a free concert in their own backyard with random obscure songs of their choosing and guest musicians of their choice. Most of all be thankful the band we are all fans of is still together and profitable enough to justify staying on the road in 2015.

Date: May 28, 2015 18:53

onlystones
Rokyfan
winos
I just hope a local charity in San Diego got a donation from the Stones cause it's not like they need any more money!

I think the guests were asked to bring donations of canned goods for the local food bank.

Hilarious. Billionaires and their friends bringing in canned goods.

On a more serious note, thank you for the tip. You were the one who gave me the info that got this whole adventure started. I am going to at least four more Zip Codes. Meet me in one of the cities and I will hook you up. Tell me how you would like to enjoy a Sex, drugs and Rolling Stones show. I will accomadate you.

Classy move man, classy move. You're alright in my book. If you ever vacation in the ghetto of Santa Barbara, you let me know.

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:00

erbissell
I think them taking a few million to play a short club gig is awesome. It makes them seem even more real and down to earth to me. Seriously would any "real" musician say no to playing a few songs they wrote for that much cash? I do not mean this in sarcasm at all. I've played a bunch of gigs in venues that size for a few hundred $ where we had to bring our own sound, the Stones are living the dream. This is their career, just like most of us have day jobs. The Stones just happen to make way more than us for doing something way cooler. They don't owe us anything.
I'm so sick of people using terms like "cash grab". They are doing their jobs, and reaping the benefits of 50 years of hard work. If you don't like it, don't buy a ticket, but also quit bitching. They don't owe each and every person who listens to Stones music a free concert in their own backyard with random obscure songs of their choosing and guest musicians of their choice. Most of all be thankful the band we are all fans of is still together and profitable enough to justify staying on the road in 2015.

Amen. I agree. These guys paid their dues. They started this career to make money , just like we all do. Its an open door to become an artist. Haters quit hating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 19:02 by StonesHood.

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:03

How old are some of you people? LOL

Date: May 28, 2015 19:06

I can't believe you made me click a Facebook link again.

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:07

IORR is for RS fans to share their enthusiasm for the Stones, to learn more about their favorite band, and to share info on recordings, tours, etc. Whether some rich guy was able to hire the Stones for a private party, who got in and who didn't, and whether the BU show was a good or bad thing for the Stones, or the rich guy, to do is immaterial.

This whole thing has IORRIans attacking one another and questioning the morality of a paying, private, gig. It's one night. Maybe two if the rumors about the private home party are true. That's it. Period.

There's them that have the resources to hire the Stones to play at their parties, and there's them that don't. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm in the 'don't' category. And there are those who are able to follow the Stones when they're on the road. Good for them. I wish I could as well, but that ain't the case. But I appreciate reading what they have to say about rehearsals and shows I'm unable to attend. For now let's take off the boxing gloves and enjoy. And let's not lose focus on, 'It's only rock & roll,but WE like it'.

Thanks. I'll get off my soap box.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:07

erbissell
They don't owe each and every person who listens to Stones music a free concert in their own backyard with random obscure songs of their choosing and guest musicians of their choice.

smileys with beer

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:09

the only thing that matters right now is whether part or all of Fonda or Belly Up was recorded.

Date: May 28, 2015 19:10

The band really should do more of these & use the funds to offset their carbon footprint.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:11

Turner68
the only thing that matters right now is whether part or all of Fonda or Belly Up was recorded.
Both were pro-shot.

Date: May 28, 2015 19:13

Can we now agree that the only REAL Stones fans are those who have worked hard enough to ensure they would get enough money to have private shows like this? The rest of us are just johnny come latelys. If we loved the band, we would have gotten better jobs or been born into better families.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:46

Koen
onlystones
Meet me in one of the cities and I will hook you up. Tell me how you would like to enjoy a Sex, drugs and Rolling Stones show. I will accomadate you.

What's the catch?

Perhaps you will be given a STD?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1171
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home