Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 34
Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:41

onlystones
Thanks, to all who chimed in. Believe what you will. I will not let any part of this experience to be ruined by another persons opinion. I am simple. I love the Stones. That is it. This is what I do. I refuse to argue or have drama with anyone.

I will still absorb everything I can about the Stones. Including IORR.

Catch up with me properly in Atlanta, tell me you like my shirt and we will talk. Don't approach me in an aggressive way, just tell me you want to talk about the Stones.

I will talk Stones all day with anyone who wants to converse.

That was your chance to debunk all the naysayers. One or two simple facts.You offer zero.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:46

The highest denomination in the U.S.is the hundred dollar bill. Why would anyone want to be paid and 5s 10s or 20s? I call BS

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:46

duke richardson
the man who threw the party..

[www.businessinsider.com]

article says he was battling throat cancer last year..hope he's OK..

reckon he got to talk with Charlie about that..

Well done to Ralph, and to be honest I would love it if we hear news that The Stones have donated to charity, but if not, it is a business venture that brings in a few million dollars.

You have done nothing wrong Mick and the lads, and you are giving so much 'Satisfaction' already in these early days of the Tour. smileys with beer

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:47

wellalright
onlystones
Thanks, to all who chimed in. Believe what you will. I will not let any part of this experience to be ruined by another persons opinion. I am simple. I love the Stones. That is it. This is what I do. I refuse to argue or have drama with anyone.

Catch up with me properly in Atlanta, tell me you like my shirt and we will talk. Don't approach me in an aggressive way, just tell me you want to talk about the Stones.

That was your chance to debunk all the naysayers. One or two simple facts.You offer zero.

Like I said: bs.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:48

onlystones

Great! Let's talk about the BU show. Tell us about it, we've had precious few details. You are one of the few who can report on it from the inside so tell us about it please. I am sincere and about this request and I'm sure many many others here would truly appreciate a detailed report/review.

Telling about it and letting us experience it through your eyes is not going to ruin your gig in any way, quite the contrary, it should reinforce your memories and make lots of people happy here. Thanks.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 21:53 by Naturalust.

Date: May 28, 2015 21:52

Methinks onlystones either is not a U.S. citizen or English is not his first language when speaking of denominations. Not that that necessarily means he is lying but......

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:54

Naturalust
onlystones

Great! Let's talk about the BU show. Tell us about it, we've had precious few details. You are one of the few who can report on it from the inside so tell us about it please. I am sincere and about this request and I'm sure many many others here would truly appreciate a detailed report/review. Thanks.

peace

and by talking about it we don't mean about how nice the belly up employees were, we mean, how was the solo on crazy mama? how was jagger's harmonica on rambler vs. the other 2 shows you saw? did charlie play the new beat he's been playing on start me up? etc.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:56

Dreamer
wellalright
onlystones

Like I said: bs.

I fail to see how Brown Sugar fits into this?

Date: May 28, 2015 21:58

I was afraid bullshit would be censored like I. Phone that is why I used the initials.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 21:59 by donvis.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 28, 2015 21:59

Turner68
Naturalust
onlystones

Great! Let's talk about the BU show. Tell us about it, we've had precious few details. You are one of the few who can report on it from the inside so tell us about it please. I am sincere and about this request and I'm sure many many others here would truly appreciate a detailed report/review. Thanks.

peace

and by talking about it we don't mean about how nice the belly up employees were, we mean, how was the solo on crazy mama? how was jagger's harmonica on rambler vs. the other 2 shows you saw? did charlie play the new beat he's been playing on start me up? etc.

Indeed. This thread is about the show and apart from the setlist and few sparse comments by Bjornulf we've got absolutely nothing.

onlystones, please give us some information, can't you see we're starving for it here? That's one of the purposes of this board, share it if you've got it, man.

peace

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:00

This reminds me of a user on a U2 board who had claimed to have met U2 multiple times during the Monaco/Arsenal match last month(and took pictures), and also claimed to have seen a preview of their stage show for their tour that just started. Shockingly, he could provide ZERO evidence of anything he boasted about.

When pressed for any kind of proof he clammed up, claimed his camera battery was dead, he was on vacation, hated social media, etc. Put it this way...if this happened to me, I'd be offering up any and every detail imaginable, partly because I'd still be on a high from the once-in-a-lifetime experience.

But hey, it is a good story.

Date: May 28, 2015 22:01

I am going to go back and study the Fonda postings for comparison.

Date: May 28, 2015 22:05

Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Way to go, Cristiano! IORRians should trust one another thumbs up

I agree DP
Can you wire me several thousand monetary units?
You see I've got a great business opportunity for us both and...

Sure thing, Munich! However, I hear the local texan currency is bad nowadays, so we're awaiting better times, ok?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:06

Man, this thread is a TRIP in itself!

Between the mysterious BV and his bicycle, CE and her smoking guns, swiss's uncharacteristic freak-out, onlystones and his bought-and-paid for pass, the wealthy and philanthropic businessman with a hot young wife, Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie playing Crazy Mama, and the wild accusations swirling about today...

You'd think IORR is a soap-opera!

Holy shit, we need some more music around here!
I @#$%& LOVE THE ROLLING STONES!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:06

People can say this poser..er, poster's account should be trusted because, why wouldn't we? Others say this account, even if fraudulent is harmless.

They're wrong.

There are real people this guy's story could have a real affect on if true.
Namely, the alleged head of the (non-existent) "catering department".

If the story were true, this person would be rightfully terminated.
Perhaps the owners of the BU, like some here, believe this guy and a person was.

The story isn't necessarily harmless and it's reckless of this clown to endanger someone's employment to bolster his lie. Id'ing the head of the "catering department's" as one who took his bribe takes more effort in his/her effort to make the story believable than giving us an outfit worn (pics are out now.. Mick..all black) or an exchange made or any other real detail of the event. My bet is he/she will be back with details as soon as they emerge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 22:13 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:07

Kurt

Between the mysterious BV and his bicycle, CE and her smoking guns, swiss's uncharacteristic freak-out, onlystones and his bought-and-paid for pass, the wealthy and philanthropic businessman with a hot young wife, Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie playing Crazy Mama, and the wild accusations swirling about today...

Ha!
Only 48 hrs til normality resumes with a regular stadium show!

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:07

donvis
I am going to go back and study the Fonda postings for comparison.

I wouldn't bother, it was the same rubbish: no detail beyond stuff that BV and others had already posted here plus a lot of stuff about throwing enormous sums of money around and doing drugs in the back of a limousine (he even missed the obvious Black Limo reference).

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:08

DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman

I agree DP

Sure thing, Munich! However, I hear the local texan currency is bad nowadays, so we're awaiting better times, ok?

Alright alright.
But you promise...

Date: May 28, 2015 22:11

Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman

I agree DP

Alright alright.
But you promise...

You've got a deal.

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:14

The Belly Up facebook page has some good photos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 22:15 by kate2.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:19

Naturalust
Turner68
Naturalust
onlystones

peace

Indeed. This thread is about the show and apart from the setlist and few sparse comments by Bjornulf we've got absolutely nothing.

onlystones, please give us some information, can't you see we're starving for it here? That's one of the purposes of this board, share it if you've got it, man.

peace

A question to those asking for proof from onlystones... Why aren't you asking the same of bv? I'm pretty sure we've seen pictures of bv OUTSIDE last night's gig but nothing from inside. As far as proof, bv has seemingly offered not much, if any more than onlystones has. Yet, I guess since bv has been around since before this site was created, he's given the benefit of the doubt. Someone new gets no benefit of the doubt and is accused of all sorts of things because they won't play by their accusers rules.

I must say that, kind of like I enjoy when a celebrity won't reply to a baseless accusation in the media, I like the fact that onlystones won't jump through y'alls hoops simply because you're calling him names for not doing so.

Party on onlystones, wherever that party may lead you! smileys with beer

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 28, 2015 22:20

Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman

Yes, that's the spirit, DP. If I can't trust the things people write here, what's the reason for me to read it? When I read the first rumours about the Fonda gig, it made me think about going to LA instead of going to Orlando, where I would meet a lot of friends here from SA that are going to that concert.

If it wasn't for BV, Cocaine Eyes and Dreamer (among others) posting about that, or if I didn't trust them, I would never be able to have attended the most exciting concert of my life as a Stones fan.

If somebody doesn't trust the words of another member here, OK. But I've never felt envious or negative on what other posters do or buy or experience with this band. And I've never been, btw. Once again, congratulations, onlystones. You deserved it. smileys with beer

Very nice of you to say Cristiano!
Sometimes BV, Cocaine Eyes or me can say something about a rehearsal location or a surprise or warm up gig or a corporate gig like this.

I wrote this May 20 because I got a call with some information about it:

Re: TICKETS ON SALE FOR FONDA (SORRY NEW THREAD)
Date: May 20, 2015 21:55

I wouldn't be surprised if next week something similar happens...

My friend said it was corporate so in that case I can't give any more clues than the one I gave. Sometimes you can't say anything: in this case it was clear that it would be stupid to send folks to the BU when you know they would never get in. Giving false hope is the same as lying imo. That's why I didn't post anything in this thread. After I read onlystones posts I first thought he was just a guy with too much enthusiasm and made me smile. But the story how he got the ticket made me think he's a fruitcake from Florida.

Fonda: first I thought it was somewhere else. Then I got a call about rehearsals and the Fonda so I gave some information about that just as some others did.
Sometimes I can say something but sometimes I really can't. Same goes for BV & Cocaine Eyes I guess. I hope you can see the difference between the (little) information BV offers or the even less info from CE or me and the fantastic story our friend from Florida offered...
BV gives solid info and is a responsible guy who can be trusted. And sometimes CE or others can confirm the info. Maybe BV sometimes could give a little more (regarding rehearsals) but it's better like this than too much imagination because that could cost fellow fans lots of money.

If the story of onlystones is true or not doesn't really matter: above all he proves you can't trust him. Because when it is true those two guys from BU lost their job...
That doesn't deserve congratulations.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:24

Posted by: triunfopark ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:26

I was one of the lucky few that got tickets online to the Fonda. When I posted my news on that thread, I was quickly asked where the ticket p/u location was. I felt this was a (minor) vetting. Perhaps it wasn't and was simply an question borne from curiosity. Either way, I understood, wasn't at all offended and promptly responded. I think one other question was asked, I'm not sure.
I do understand the need for verification. We as long time Stones fans rely heavily on the authenticity and accuracy of the information here, for many reasons. As I stated on that thread, it was because of the information posted that I was able to get the tickets. I do follow with voracious interest and read between the lines when necessary. Isn't that part of the fun and purpose of this site?
As reciprocity, requesting verification for confirmation then offering proof is a natural consequence and comes with the territory.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:27

it was onlystones story,so what? all of us say how many shows we've seen,the first year we saw the band etc..

i've said my first show was 1975,no one questioned it-others have said they've seen 100+ shows,no one questioned that.so why the FBI investigation into this guys story? it's the internet,alot of what is said can be true or untrue.just read it and make up your own mind but there's no reason to attack the dude.it's not like he said he was involved in the kennedy assassination.

it seems this show caused a huge amount of jealousy-jealousy and anger.

people mad at that "1%er" for having money-never mind that he used it to get the stones to play a bar.that seems kind of awesome to me

mad at the stones for playing-so if any of you had the money to hire the stones to play at a bar for you and your friends you wouldnt do it for all of those same bullshit reasons?i'm sure you'd tell them "you should be more a band of the people, go play somewhere else"- yeah,riiiiight.

jealous of bv -i think bv has put in more than enough time, effort and energy into this band to deserve being rewarded with perks like attending these kind of shows.
because of this website you can follow the tour from the rehearsals to the warm-up gig and every show in between with first hand accounts-all paid for with his time, effort and money.

the band doesnt work cheap and they dont work for free.you dont get to decide where and when they work and for how much because you didnt write those songs and you sure didnt live in a dump cashing in soda bottles for money and living off a potatoes only diet to practice every day-they did.

i hate to break the news but the rolling stones were never part of that stupid hippy movement for more than five minutes,this isn't never never land -this is money talks and bullshit walks land,it's simply time for some of you to grow up.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:31

lem motlow
it was onlystones story,so what? all of us say how many shows we've seen,the first year we saw the band etc..

i've said my first show was 1975,no one questioned it-others have said they've seen 100+ shows,no one questioned that.so why the FBI investigation into this guys story? it's the internet,alot of what is said can be true or untrue.just read it and make up your own mind but there's no reason to attack the dude.it's not like he said he was involved in the kennedy assassination.

people mad at that "1%er" for having money-never mind that he used it to get the stones to play a bar.that seems kind of awesome to me

mad at the stones for playing-so if any of you had the money to hire the stones to play at a bar for you and your friends you wouldnt do it for all of those same bullshit reasons?i'm sure you'd tell them "you should be more a band of the people, go play somewhere else"- yeah,riiiiight.

jealous of bv -i think bv has put in more than enough time, effort and energy into this band to deserve being rewarded with perks like attending these kind of shows.
because of this website you can follow the tour from the rehearsals to the warm-up gig and every show in between with first hand accounts-all paid for with his time, effort and money.

the band doesnt work cheap and they dont work for free.you dont get to decide where and when they work and for how much because you didnt write those songs and you sure didnt live in a dump cashing in soda bottles for money and living off a potatoes only diet to practice every day-they did.

i hate to break the news but the rolling stones were never part of that stupid hippy movement for more than five minutes,this isn't never never land -this is money talks and bullshit walks land,it's simply time for some of you to grow up.

Following fairly closely, and I am not seeing all that much anger and negativity you are railing against (except) in your post.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:35

Dreamer
Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman

Yes, that's the spirit, DP. If I can't trust the things people write here, what's the reason for me to read it? When I read the first rumours about the Fonda gig, it made me think about going to LA instead of going to Orlando, where I would meet a lot of friends here from SA that are going to that concert.

If it wasn't for BV, Cocaine Eyes and Dreamer (among others) posting about that, or if I didn't trust them, I would never be able to have attended the most exciting concert of my life as a Stones fan.

If somebody doesn't trust the words of another member here, OK. But I've never felt envious or negative on what other posters do or buy or experience with this band. And I've never been, btw. Once again, congratulations, onlystones. You deserved it. smileys with beer

Very nice of you to say Cristiano!
Sometimes BV, Cocaine Eyes or me can say something about a rehearsal location or a surprise or warm up gig or a corporate gig like this.

I wrote this May 20 because I got a call with some information about it:

Re: TICKETS ON SALE FOR FONDA (SORRY NEW THREAD)
Date: May 20, 2015 21:55

I wouldn't be surprised if next week something similar happens...

My friend said it was corporate so in that case I can't give any more clues than the one I gave. Sometimes you can't say anything: in this case it was clear that it would be stupid to send folks to the BU when you know they would never get in. Giving false hope is the same as lying imo. That's why I didn't post anything in this thread. After I read onlystones posts I first thought he was just a guy with too much enthusiasm and made me smile. But the story how he got the ticket made me think he's a fruitcake from Florida.

Fonda: first I thought it was somewhere else. Then I got a call about rehearsals and the Fonda so I gave some information about that just as some others did.
Sometimes I can say something but sometimes I really can't. Same goes for BV & Cocaine Eyes I guess. I hope you can see the difference between the (little) information BV offers or the even less info from CE or me and the fantastic story our friend from Florida offered...
BV gives solid info and is a responsible guy who can be trusted. And sometimes CE or others can confirm the info. Maybe BV sometimes could give a little more (regarding rehearsals) but it's better like this than too much imagination because that could cost fellow fans lots of money.

If the story of onlystones is true or not doesn't really matter: above all he proves you can't trust him. Because when it is true those two guys from BU lost their job...
That doesn't deserve congratulations.

Give credit where credit is due. I'm very thankful for having posters like you, BV and Cocaine Eyes and all the others (Roller99 is the other who came in my mind now, not wanting to forget anyone) who have some inside infos and post here with the intention of helping the fans. After all these years on IORR, I've learned to read between the lines (not everything can be detailed, as we know it), so I took the chance and I regret nothing.

I've traveled to see other Stones concerts on the later years, but this is by far the most exciting trip I've had in my life, and not only because I was able to be at the Fonda gig (thanks for the hints on this board and a huge help from a very good friend), which is awesome per se. I've met so many nice people from all over the world, and only this is very well worth the trip.
smiling smiley

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:38

jrcjohnny99
Kurt

Ha!
Only 48 hrs til normality resumes with a regular stadium show!

Whether this guy got in or did not get in has taken precedence over the purpose of IORR and the Zip Code Tour. Wow! Some of need to get lives.

I mentioned I was plugged into a chemotherapy pump when the Fonda tickets went on sale. I didn't regret not being able to at least try to get tickets. Furthermore, I congratulate those who did get in. Same goes for the lucky few who were present for the Belly Up show. We need to put things into proper perspective.

I'd like to see at least one of the Zip Code shows. But that ain't gonn'a happen. I'd like to have been at Fonda or the Belly Up. Again, didn't happen. For God's sake, enjoy the Stones, enjoy the DVD that will probably come from Fonda and BU, and enjoy the SF reissue. Enjoy any day you wake up on the right side of the dirt is a good day. Life is way too short to get wrapped around the axle over whether the Stones played a show for rich guy, or whether someone got in or didn't get in. I may be coming off as preachy, but this is getting out of hand.

As Shirley Watts commented to Stanley Booth while the Stones were getting revved up for the 1969 Tour, "And it's just a tour, after all, just a group of people going around and setting up stages and playing music for kids to dance." After which Charlie told Stanley, "If you don't put that in your book, I'll kill you."

Amen, Mrs. Watts.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:39

MisterDDDD
lem motlow

Following fairly closely, and I am not seeing all that much anger and negativity you are railing against (except) in your post.

actually i've been gone a few days and read every post in the thread before i commented-you either didnt or have a little problem with your reading comprehension.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:39

I also don't really get where the big negativity is supposed to be. It's the most natural thing that we are very curious about this show, someone who supposedly was there is going to have a lot of questions directed at them. If their story sounds too good to be true and shows flaws when closer examined, they have to expect some doubts. If I had attended a private corporate gig, I would have surely come up with something I could use as evidence if you guys called shenanigans on my story. Be it only a matchbook with the Belly Up logo on it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home