Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 34
Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:55

colonial
I've been following onlystones posts the last few days and I think with his common sense and fairness like the great Gazza he's really to step up and carry the IORRian torch seems Gazza isn't here thumbs up

You may be on to something. If you Google 'onlystones', the first hit is an online article with the title "'Only stones remain': Gaza lies in ruins" smoking smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:55

LongBeachArena72
That sure was a "stupid hippy movement"! Ending a godawful war, establishing the principles of the modern ecological movement, demanding equal rights and fair pay ... who wants any of that "bullshit"?

taking credit for all that? really? yeah,the war ended because of the hippies and the civil rights movement,that was all you too....you cant be serious.

anyway,the "1%er" got the stones to play a bar on the beach in san diego-something that would've never happened without his money.myself i'm glad it did happen and someone,anyone got to see it.

as for the onlystones guy-i still dont care and dont understand why anyone else is so upset about it and demanding proof.the belly up isn't going to go all abu graib on the staff if this gets out.i used to live in sd[sorry i dont have any proof] and people who run beach bars there are pretty relaxed about things-on to the next show.

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:57

TO 1969

You have a great story to tell. I was at the whiskey many nights, when the great groups were playing. $1 cover for the balcony. I met Mick Taylor, after 3 nights watching him play with John Mayall. Ike and Tina Turner played many Friday nights, in our college cafeteria..dry ice instead of fireworks. The Cream one Saturday night. first show of Rolling Stones san diego sports arena 1969 tix $4.50.

My broken bone trip was this weekend to San Diego and I am ok. Good luck to you..the Stones will probl be back in LA soon and you can go..Get well soon!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:57

alieb
RipThisBone
kate2
Mick looks beat. I hope there is not another private gig tonight. Also, I think somewhere on the Fonda thread onlystones paid 4k for his ticket, off the street, which means 8k for the Belly Up...If it is not a true story he should be a script writer, if it is, just scan something to us from the front desk of you hotel...

More photos please, from someone. Did anyone follow the trucks, to see if the drums went to the airport or to Rancho Santa Fe for tonight?

thumbs up Yes, Mick looks beat and wearing a wig. Not that I care, maybe someone does?
Great setlist! CRAZY MAMA!!! thumbs up

PS: bv could be "onlystones", just saying. Congratulations to both againsmileys with beer !

Are you beginning a conspiracy? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

There is plenty of evidence that Mick does not wear a wig. Let's just hope that picture is highly unflattering. I doubt Mick would keep pushing himself (or at least I hope he wouldn't) if he was really not doing well.

Mick is doing really well for a man almost 72 years old and looking his age after a 90 minute topshow effort!!! Respect for one of my heroes!!! thumbs up
Maybe not a whole wig, but "unnatural hair"(thumbs up) for a man almost 72 years old for sure. Don't know how to upload the pics, but they are here on IORR. For example: One taken when Mick left the stage at Echoplex in 2013 taken from above and another one when Mick enters the afterparty of HydePark 2013 II.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 00:00 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:59

mr_dja
Naturalust
Turner68
Naturalust
onlystones

I will talk Stones all day with anyone who wants to converse.

Great! Let's talk about the BU show. Tell us about it, we've had precious few details. You are one of the few who can report on it from the inside so tell us about it please. I am sincere and about this request and I'm sure many many others here would truly appreciate a detailed report/review. Thanks.

peace

and by talking about it we don't mean about how nice the belly up employees were, we mean, how was the solo on crazy mama? how was jagger's harmonica on rambler vs. the other 2 shows you saw? did charlie play the new beat he's been playing on start me up? etc.

Indeed. This thread is about the show and apart from the setlist and few sparse comments by Bjornulf we've got absolutely nothing.

onlystones, please give us some information, can't you see we're starving for it here? That's one of the purposes of this board, share it if you've got it, man.

peace

A question to those asking for proof from onlystones... Why aren't you asking the same of bv? I'm pretty sure we've seen pictures of bv OUTSIDE last night's gig but nothing from inside. As far as proof, bv has seemingly offered not much, if any more than onlystones has. Yet, I guess since bv has been around since before this site was created, he's given the benefit of the doubt. Someone new gets no benefit of the doubt and is accused of all sorts of things because they won't play by their accusers rules.

I must say that, kind of like I enjoy when a celebrity won't reply to a baseless accusation in the media, I like the fact that onlystones won't jump through y'alls hoops simply because you're calling him names for not doing so.

Party on onlystones, wherever that party may lead you! smileys with beer

Peace,
Mr DJA

There's no comparison. I've been all over to see the Stones, generally near the front of the stage. I always notice BV - in the balcony at the first Beacon show, at the Dome in Tokyo, at the hotel in Auckland. He's just always there, and noticeable in that red jacket of his - and I'm kind of hoping he has more than one of those smiling smiley - He's got credibility.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:00

colonial
I've been following onlystones posts the last few days and I think with his common sense and fairness like the great Gazza he's really to step up and carry the IORRian torch seems Gazza isn't here thumbs up
Please, Gazza was(is) the real deal,this guy onlystones a poseur.....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:06

the new interview with mick about "moonlight mile" is way more interesting than onlystones. i recommend it.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:13

Wow some long time posters are going nuts. We know BV, his credibility is unquestionable. The other guy may be a mega fan but highly indiscreet which puts questions in mind, he's also insuring future gate crashers will have a tougher time. Internet, interesting or not this is not how to act. The story would be just as interesting after the tour.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:16

The story isn't even that interesting as it doesn't include the actual show.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:18

DoomandGloom
Wow some long time posters are going nuts. We know BV, his credibility is unquestionable. The other guy may be a mega fan but highly indiscreet which puts questions in mind, he's also insuring future gate crashers will have a tougher time. Internet, interesting or not this is not how to act. The story would be just as interesting after the tour

In 1978, but this is 2015.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:20

lem motlow
as for the onlystones guy-i still dont care and dont understand why anyone else is so upset about it and demanding proof.the belly up isn't going to go all abu graib on the staff if this gets out.i used to live in sd[sorry i dont have any proof] and people who run beach bars there are pretty relaxed about things-on to the next show.

I'm personally above and beyond caring about proof lem, but don't you think it would be nice and even in character if we got some sort of report about the show from onlystones? The whole saga was about getting into the show but he's not considerate enough to tell us about it? That's the issue for me.

I'd even welcome a continuing story about what he's doing to get into tonight's rumored private party. Someone with the balls, energy and resources to get into both small venue gigs is now scared off by a couple posters asking for some show details? After giving us a play by play for a week now?

I'm not quite ready to move on to the next show precisely because I want to hear more about last night.

peace

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:25

OnlyStones, I wish I was going to ATL so I could meet you.

I am with the others who find your posts of late fascinating, as I think you know.
I have no reason to doubt you.

If everyone recalls, you posted in detail about the Fonda show, obviously having gotten in, saying
things no one else had knowledge of, so it makes sense to me that, given a similar mode of
making the contact, you did it again this time.

Thanks for being here, no matter what you decide to do henceforth.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:33

Those snippets from You Got Me Rocking in this video has great audio, with a bit of remastering it could sound as good as the Trabendo 2012 recording, someone should have recorded the full show from outside the venue!

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:34

Glad to see You Got Me Rocking made it back in the set list...

I guess that means the guy who bought the show had no input into the setlist!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:34

That good ol' wig theory grinning smiley

Could be, but I don't think so..
of course coloured but there are other musicans in that age who proof that you can still have good hair when you get that old..
Clapton had a few years ago long hair again,
or look at Mick Taylor, Brian May, Bob Dylan..

Of whom I think who has a wig is Lisa Fischer..

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:40

onlystones

Catch up with me properly in Atlanta, tell me you like my shirt and we will talk. Don't approach me in an aggressive way, just tell me you want to talk about the Stones.

And just in case, here's a pic:

I may not have done what I said I did, but I made you type stuff :

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:42

bleedingman
onlystones

Catch up with me properly in Atlanta, tell me you like my shirt and we will talk. Don't approach me in an aggressive way, just tell me you want to talk about the Stones.

And just in case, here's a pic:

I may not have done what I said I did, but I made you type stuff :

Is this Chuck? grinning smiley

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:50

lem motlow
LongBeachArena72
That sure was a "stupid hippy movement"! Ending a godawful war, establishing the principles of the modern ecological movement, demanding equal rights and fair pay ... who wants any of that "bullshit"?

taking credit for all that? really? yeah,the war ended because of the hippies and the civil rights movement,that was all you too....you cant be serious.

anyway,the "1%er" got the stones to play a bar on the beach in san diego-something that would've never happened without his money.myself i'm glad it did happen and someone,anyone got to see it.

I've got no problem that the show happened.

Was just commenting on your characterization of the counterculture in the 60's.

(I also don't believe the Stones were ever part of that counterculture. They flitted around the edges a bit but we're never comfortable with either the peace and love crowd or the more radical elements of the decade.)

Posted by: FeelinRealWell ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:57

A buddy of mine just sent me a text that kinda reminded me of only and this thread. We were at Barclay's in Brooklyn to see The Who the other night and he was mentioning it to a coworker who moonlights at a bar in the evenings. So the rumor is that Daltrey and Townshend will appear with a Who cover band late in the show. For all you NYers its at the LIC Bar in Queens and I have no idea if its supposed to be a secret or if anybody cares..... I'm just upset I spent 60$ for nosebleeds in Brooklyn watching that dull, phoned in performance when I could have had a couple of beers and just caught the cover band in Long Island City!

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 29, 2015 01:04

CRAZY MAMA!!!

AWESOME!!!

I would go nuts if I could hear "Crazy Mama" live in concert! Now that's exactly what I'm talking about when I talk about rare gems. In fact, "Whip", "I Got The Blues", "Crazy Mama" and "Paint It Black" is a great four song mini-set of underplayed tunes, in my opinion. Can you imagine hearing the Stones do "Paint It Black" in a club/ I wonder how the crowd responded to "Crazy Mama" and how the band did. Did they seem to enjoy playing it? I'm very curious about that. I sure hope we get a few rarities like that in Atlanta next month!

I just finished reading this whole thread. I've been so busy this week that I missed this news. It was completely fascinating to read.

On onlystones' veracity: Some people here seem to think his story was almost impossible, but it seems pretty straightforward in my opinion. Make some calls about a ticket, book a plane and a taxi. If I had the money and the gumption, I'd do everything he did, minus sharing most details of how I obtained the ticket, (just to protect the person that sold it to me). The club is not going to disembowel the guy who got him in. I seriously doubt he'd even get fired. It's yesterday's news now, and as a wise man once said, it's only rock and roll.

As far as questioning onlystones for details on the show, didn't he mention having tears in his eyes during "I Got The Blues?"

Either way, some people were seriously doubting that this show was even going to happen, and it did. So, doubters may doubt, but they don't have the greatest track record!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 29, 2015 01:15

jahisnotdead
As far as questioning onlystones for details on the show, didn't he mention having tears in his eyes during "I Got The Blues?"

Not exactly the kind of details I was hoping for actually....

peace

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 29, 2015 01:16

drbryant
mr_dja
Naturalust
Turner68
Naturalust
onlystones

Great! Let's talk about the BU show. Tell us about it, we've had precious few details. You are one of the few who can report on it from the inside so tell us about it please. I am sincere and about this request and I'm sure many many others here would truly appreciate a detailed report/review. Thanks.

peace

and by talking about it we don't mean about how nice the belly up employees were, we mean, how was the solo on crazy mama? how was jagger's harmonica on rambler vs. the other 2 shows you saw? did charlie play the new beat he's been playing on start me up? etc.

Indeed. This thread is about the show and apart from the setlist and few sparse comments by Bjornulf we've got absolutely nothing.

onlystones, please give us some information, can't you see we're starving for it here? That's one of the purposes of this board, share it if you've got it, man.

peace

A question to those asking for proof from onlystones... Why aren't you asking the same of bv? I'm pretty sure we've seen pictures of bv OUTSIDE last night's gig but nothing from inside. As far as proof, bv has seemingly offered not much, if any more than onlystones has. Yet, I guess since bv has been around since before this site was created, he's given the benefit of the doubt. Someone new gets no benefit of the doubt and is accused of all sorts of things because they won't play by their accusers rules.

I must say that, kind of like I enjoy when a celebrity won't reply to a baseless accusation in the media, I like the fact that onlystones won't jump through y'alls hoops simply because you're calling him names for not doing so.

Peace,
Mr DJA

There's no comparison. I've been all over to see the Stones, generally near the front of the stage. I always notice BV - in the balcony at the first Beacon show, at the Dome in Tokyo, at the hotel in Auckland. He's just always there, and noticeable in that red jacket of his - and I'm kind of hoping he has more than one of those smiling smiley - He's got credibility.

Well there is really no comparison. BV deserves any perk the stones can possibly
give him. He is great for the band and great for us. He has been consistently doing this for many years.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 29, 2015 01:20

swimtothemoon
drbryant
mr_dja
Naturalust
Turner68
Naturalust
onlystones

peace

peace

Peace,
Mr DJA

Well there is really no comparison. BV deserves any perk the stones can possibly
give him. He is great for the band and great for us. He has been consistently doing this for many years.

I predict bv will even be at the IORR fans' private show.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 01:22

If the Fonda gig gets released I can see the rare songs from here being the extras

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 29, 2015 01:30

Hookers, bribes, Limos and wades of cash. Sounds like a bad 70's movie to me.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 29, 2015 01:32

That's why it seemed to fit the picture the Stones like to paint of themselves.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 29, 2015 01:34

KeithFnRichards
For those more concerned with what actually did happen.... pretty cool interview to hear!

With all due respect, if you're steering traffic to your site rather than posting the actual link here, might want to consider some reciprocity - i.e. crediting and/or thanking folks like latvianinexile for their photos. > [www.facebook.com]

Fair play, innit.

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: May 29, 2015 02:00

onlystones
Thanks, to all who chimed in. Believe what you will. I will not let any part of this experience to be ruined by another persons opinion. I am simple. I love the Stones. That is it. This is what I do. I refuse to argue or have drama with anyone.

I will still absorb everything I can about the Stones. Including IORR.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 29, 2015 02:01

Kurt
Man, this thread is a TRIP in itself!

Between the mysterious BV and his bicycle, CE and her smoking guns, swiss's uncharacteristic freak-out, onlystones and his bought-and-paid for pass, the wealthy and philanthropic businessman with a hot young wife, Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie playing Crazy Mama, and the wild accusations swirling about today...

You'd think IORR is a soap-opera!

Holy shit, we need some more music around here!
I @#$%& LOVE THE ROLLING STONES!

Hihi

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 29, 2015 02:04

Well, well, well...when something's too good to be true...I must say I thought there were some "timing" issues in the Fonda story but couldn't really be bothered to waste time looking them up. As for comments on the Fonda they were somewhat lacking but then we didn't get that many from those who were lucky enough to get in, see [www.iorr.org] (bv got sent only ONE review apparently) including from some who post here a lot, which is their call obviously.

After that great interview on the radio of the events manager at the BU, I'm now looking forward to bv's review, it looks like it was a close call this time, someone from the entourage must have spotted the jacket ;-) More than deserved in any case!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1316
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home