Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 34
Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:20

sdstonesguy
To be fair, they should have done all of Dirty Work for this gig...

:-)

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:23

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 19:19 by colonial.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:23

bv
The money this private person is paying is going directly into the tour budget, i.e. theoretically he is saving us a few dollar on ticket prices, like a sponsor.

If you don't like the fact that the Rolling Stones play for money, go figure out, they have done it since 1962. Just read Keith's notes in his book LIFE, day by day. He noted every single pound, shilling and pence they did every show from the very first one. Getting paid as a performing artist is acknowledge of fame and success. Still.

BV, I appreciate all your efforts in running this site and I hope you got into the Belly Up tonight, but......do you really believe the 1%-er who paid for this show is lowering ticket prices for the rest of us? My pair of Petco tix cost $433 and we were sitting in the bleachers. We should be thankful to the billionaire that the prices weren't higher?

I don't begrudge the Rolling Stones playing for big money or playing private shows, I truly don't, but suggesting that this private citizen is doing all of us a favor is a big stretch. I don't believe the band's paycheck tonight will give any trickle-down benefit to the rest of us plebeians who fill the stadiums.

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:26

likecats
bv
The money this private person is paying is going directly into the tour budget, i.e. theoretically he is saving us a few dollar on ticket prices, like a sponsor.

If you don't like the fact that the Rolling Stones play for money, go figure out, they have done it since 1962. Just read Keith's notes in his book LIFE, day by day. He noted every single pound, shilling and pence they did every show from the very first one. Getting paid as a performing artist is acknowledge of fame and success. Still.

BV, I appreciate all your efforts in running this site and I hope you got into the Belly Up tonight, but......do you really believe the 1%-er who paid for this show is lowering ticket prices for the rest of us? My pair of Petco tix cost $433 and we were sitting in the bleachers. We should be thankful to the billionaire that the prices weren't higher?

I don't begrudge the Rolling Stones playing for big money or playing private shows, I truly don't, but suggesting that this private citizen is doing all of us a favor is a big stretch. I don't believe the band's paycheck tonight will give any trickle-down benefit to the rest of us plebeians who fill the stadiums.

plus, this is not the version of LIFE that I read. Stone Alone? Yeah.

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:27

maybe kd lang will join them for has anybody seen my baby.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:29

colonial
People turning up uninvited standing around outside a "Private party".. I don't know,but seems stalkerist to me.

Fair enough.
And believe me after the Fonda I am very glad not to be amongst them right now.

But... the bigger question..
The Rolling Stones are playing in a (normally public) club that you are near, how could you not at least stand outside?

Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:36

1 SMU
2 IORR
- HTW (not, but something else??)
3 TD
4 Whip
5 I Got the Blues
6 Crazy Mama
7 PIB
8 Rambler (This must have been something in a small place like that)
9 Miss You
10 HTW
11 Sympathy
12 JJF
13 BS
14 Satisfaction

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:38

colonial
People turning up uninvited standing around outside a "Private party".. I don't know,but seems stalkerist to me.

If I hadn't already had plans tonight I would have hung around there too. No hope of getting in, but maybe hopes that a door would be open and we could at least hear it. It doesn't sound like that's happening though.
Anyway, if you try to get into a small show like this you probably won't, but if you don't try you definitely won't.

Date: May 28, 2015 08:39

So here is the question: did they pay extra for them to skip doom and gloom?

Date: May 28, 2015 08:40

Crazy Mama? For the wife? winking smiley

Is onlystones in, btw?

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:46

Of course they play for money since 1962, everybody play for money. I would have prefered to see them playin' in Seattle (in front of 70.000 fans)or other rumoured place instead of private party in Solana beach.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:46

Wow, this has got to be the most exciting thread EVER on this site. Cool to read about the whole thing starting with rumors and ending up in an actual small gig. Great that some people from iorr got in. Terrific stuff guys!!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:49

DandelionPowderman

Is onlystones in, btw?

Yes, he could get in.

The setlist was pretty good. Let's hope we can get some information from tomorrow's concert, if that really happen.

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:51

Thanks to OTIAC on Shidoobee who posted the songs as played.. and which were copied here.

BV apparently also got in I got word from SD. Fantastic for BV and onlystones.

Can't wait for their reports...

Rambler in a place like that... WOW...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:57

Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman

Is onlystones in, btw?

The setlist was pretty good.

How? It was the same old crap with a couple 'rarities' thrown in.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:06

24FPS
Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman

Is onlystones in, btw?

The rarities on the setlist are what made me think the setlist was good. Let's not forget this wasn't a common "secret warm-up" for the fans, since they've played on a birthday party or something like that. Also, you don't see/listen to Crazy Mama or I Got the Blues on their concerts too often. winking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:09

Peterh
Thanks to OTIAC on Shidoobee who posted the songs as played.. and which were copied here.

BV apparently also got in I got word from SD. Fantastic for BV and onlystones.

Can't wait for their reports...

Rambler in a place like that... WOW...

Screw the reports I want video man! I already know what the reports are going to be like. I mean if you're at that show, who cares if Keith missed the opening chords to BS or Mick rushed the singing in a song or two. The opportunity to see them so up close and personal is going to trump all logical and realistic reviews and reporting.

I guess Lisa didn't get to do her Diva on steroids thing with GS missing from the set, I was wondering how that was gonna go down in that small room. eye popping smiley

At least that entitled lot didn't get Moonlight Mile, Ha!

peace

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:18

I had a great time listening outside as well. I didn't get in, but it was still a special Stones night in San Diego. I hear there's a another show tomorrow night at someone's house...

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:20

sdstonesguy
DoomandGloom
roller99
Did the Stones sing Happy Birthday yet? Did Mick and Keith harmonize on the end bit?
For another half million they'll french kiss during "Loving Cup."

So that's why Mick gave it to Ronnie on SNL...$$$$$$$$
In the last 20 years they've tried to rewrite their bisexual history , so much so I'm offended even though I am straight, still to quote Claude in Hair, " I wouldn't kick MJ out of bed".

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:21

I guess Keith doesn't get his cameo spot in the club gigs.

This tour will be a grind as they work their way through Eastern North America as the heat is building through June and July. While I would also have liked to see some other Western dates, the decision to have a few more leisurely paced days in Southern California will pay benefits in keeping them more fit for the long haul.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:24

Since this is a club, I wonder it everybody's going to stick around till closing time and drink and socialize. The Stones included. Perhaps a slightly drunken jam towards the end with Mr. Whitworth on keys and the new wife singing along?

peace

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:25

wellalright
would be funny if the guy paying started bitching after on IORR about the setlist.

grinning smiley

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:28

Naturalust
Since this is a club, I wonder it everybody's going to stick around till closing time and drink and socialize. The Stones included. Perhaps a slightly drunken jam towards the end with Mr. Whitworth on keys and the new wife singing along?

peace

Haha...the Stones are back at the hotel

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:30

Naturalust

peace

That's quite a flight of fancy, my friend smiling smiley

Date: May 28, 2015 09:37

here's the set list. you got me rocking was the missed one.

[instagram.com]

Posted by: Strider ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:38

Naturalust

peace

With onlystones toasting them all! smiling smiley

Date: May 28, 2015 09:46

Cristiano Radtke
24FPS
Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman

Is onlystones in, btw?

The rarities on the setlist are what made me think the setlist was good. Let's not forget this wasn't a common "secret warm-up" for the fans, since they've played on a birthday party or something like that. Also, you don't see/listen to Crazy Mama or I Got the Blues on their concerts too often. winking smiley

It's always funny seeing their best songs named as crap on a Stones fan board smiling smiley

Date: May 28, 2015 09:47

DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke
24FPS
Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman

Is onlystones in, btw?

It's always funny seeing their best songs named as crap on a Stones fan board smiling smiley

indeed i remember one poster just the other day saying that i can't be seen with you was over played... tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:49

Did they do Can't Turn You Loose? Interesting that it was listed on the setlist as "only if needed"

Date: May 28, 2015 09:51

Sam4741
Did they do Can't Turn You Loose? Interesting that it was listed on the setlist as "only if needed"

i don't know. the set list certainly implies they were contracted for an amount of time and weren't planning on staying longer than they had to though :-)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2059
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home