Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 34
Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:31

angee
Thanks, Cristiano, for the pics inside and out!

Thanks, angee! I'm trying to do my best, but unfortunately I think there will be no pics of this concert. It seems the cell phones are not permitted.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:33

Thanks Cristiano for snapping the pic. Have fun and be careful not to be tossed
Out For the camera! Probably safe the last one or two tunes.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:35

MisterDDDD
I don't begrudge the band for playing a private gig.

I am curious however, what the difference is in real dollars to them that a show like this nets each performer.

I'm sure someone has the numbers to crunch..

$2 million for this show minus expenses vs what they would have netted doing a SEATTLE show on this same night..

Either way, it's their business to run and more power to them. Just curious if this show was a factor in not doing the strongly rumored Seattle/Denver show, and if so how big of one.

It's their business, but If a zillionaire can affect/alter a tour.. it then kind of becomes ours.

Well, they would have needed a second stage for starters. For one gig. The factor is probably that they are north of 70 and choose short 14-15 date efficient tours that are not as rigorous as in the past. This crowd is plenty tough enough on the band without having to subpoena the accountants.

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:35

Cristiano- how did you get in? I'm in line right now

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:37

StonesSoCal

His photo was just taken off Twitter. Looks like a local DJ took it (and was able to get in)

Date: May 28, 2015 06:39

I think BV it's on this pic with the red jacket, isn't he?

"Rolling Stones are playing at the Belly Up tonight for a private party. Unfortunately 'You can't always get what you want'"

[instagram.com]

Date: May 28, 2015 06:41

StonesSoCal

I'm not in, I'm just searching for pics on Twitter and Instagram. smiling smiley

Wish you good luck, StonesSoCal. Hope you can get in.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:41

Turner68
swiss
onlystones
I am in!!! That is all I can say. I have not been able to follow along on Iorr. Bv is here. I have to give up my phone soon.

onlystones - yay! I'm curious: did you know when you booked your flight that the "private party" was going to also be opened to the public for a 2nd Secret Show?

- swiss

wait did i miss something? they are opening a show to the public?

Swiss I think you are confused by the wording of the story..

Ahhh....this is what I saw in the story [emphasis mine]

HEADLINE: Rolling Stones to Play Secret Show at Belly Up

"L.A. isn't the only SoCal city to get a secret show from the Rolling Stones. The iconic rockers, who packed Petco Park on Sunday, are now gearing up for a surprise show at the Belly Up on Wednesday night.

"Although the Belly Up would only confirm that a private party had been booked for the night, sources said that the "private party" will actually be another area appearance by the Rolling Stones, paid for by a single individual with very deep pockets."

Soooo...it seems I did mis-read it. What most of the world considers a "secret show" vs. what we consider a secret show is materially different. How awesome would it have been if Ralph Whitworth had allowed the hoi polloi into his private party? That's totally how I read it. Well, if onlystones got in perhaps a small throng of others will as well - we can hope!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 07:16 by swiss.

Date: May 28, 2015 06:42

Date: May 28, 2015 06:42

here's another photo

(deleted, it was the same as the one above.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 06:43 by Turner68.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:45

I posted this on another Forum, but I'll say it again. People talk about this show as if it is some unusual thing. Musicians have been playing for rich folks for ages. The Stones at the Belly Up just continue the tradition, just as Handel played on the Thames for King George, and ancient troubadours (at least those that didn't get killed before they reached Bombay) played for their wealthy patrons.

Date: May 28, 2015 06:45

there are definitely phones in the show as there are a number of photos on twitter. someone please periscope it!!!

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:50

Yes, Josh Sherman, retired banker, now Hoehn car dealer, has his phone. hard to get all phones away from this group..just bring more than one phone!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 06:53 by kate2.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:54

jasona93

Either way, it's their business to run and more power to them. Just curious if this show was a factor in not doing the strongly rumored Seattle/Denver show, and if so how big of one.

It's their business, but If a zillionaire can affect/alter a tour.. it then kind of becomes ours.

Well, they would have needed a second stage for starters. For one gig. The factor is probably that they are north of 70 and choose short 14-15 date efficient tours that are not as rigorous as in the past. This crowd is plenty tough enough on the band without having to subpoena the accountants.[/quote]

Denver would have needed a second stage?? If you say so..

Just talkin financials.. because it's interesting.
And say what?? They are north of seventy now?? Had no idea. Thanks for the reply and all the valuable info.drinking smiley

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:58

So BV is inside someone said. But BV said he was not invited. Wow he got really lucky. Congrats, BV!

Date: May 28, 2015 06:59

video from outside the club.

[instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 07:01 by Turner68.

Posted by: jimjagger73 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 07:03

I find it humorous that Karl Denson stated he couldn't afford a Stones ticket for the last tour. He is now rubbing elbows with San Diego's elite.

Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 07:05

trainarollin
with 6 days off between San Diego and Columbus, whatever they are being paid for a private show can help offset with their daily overhead...

I heard, they have another private show, Thursday at a home in Rancho Santa Fe, so they get paid again.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 28, 2015 07:07

sdstonesguy
Look, it is simple. The "problem" is that the Stones SEEM like a regular bunch o' guys...some blue collar guys who made it...working man's music...that sorta thing. Really though, they are like a politician who comes across as the every man, when in reality they are the elite, but just sell it better. Maybe a million years ago the Stones came from every day families like their fans, but that is not who they are now, that is just a marketing ploy. Accept it, they aren't like you & me...they are more like Queen Elizabeth.

Are you saying that Charlie 'owns 300 horses' Watts isn't a regular feller like you and me?

Date: May 28, 2015 07:08

Rolling Stones now inside the Belly Up. First song - Start Me Up

[twitter.com]

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 28, 2015 07:14

Cristiano Radtke
I think BV it's on this pic with the red jacket, isn't he?

"Rolling Stones are playing at the Belly Up tonight for a private party. Unfortunately 'You can't always get what you want'"

[instagram.com]

Yes I think so

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 28, 2015 07:14

Gotta say it- the people who are upset with the Stones over this sure have some messed up priorities and belief systems. They don't owe anybody squat. They're not beholden to anyone. They can do what they want. And they do.

Don't like it? Show it. Never go to another show, buy another record, listen to another song.

Bands from every musical genre have been doing gigs like this ever since the first offer was made. Nowhere does it say they have to refuse offers like this simply because they're "The Rolling Stones". Wise up.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 28, 2015 07:20

Long John Stoner
Gotta say it- the people who are upset with the Stones over this sure have some messed up priorities and belief systems. They don't owe anybody squat. They're not beholden to anyone. They can do what they want. And they do.

Don't like it? Show it. Never go to another show, buy another record, listen to another song.

Bands from every musical genre have been doing gigs like this ever since the first offer was made. Nowhere does it say they have to refuse offers like this simply because they're "The Rolling Stones". Wise up.

Strange a "fan" would call for a boycott of the Stones...takes all kinds I guess.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 07:21

Long John Stoner

Well said!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 28, 2015 07:25

I hope they got $5M....

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 28, 2015 07:27

@#$%&, how long a version of Start Me Up did they do?

Date: May 28, 2015 07:27

"If you put your ear on the wall you can hear #RollingStones play inside. It's a pvt BDay party."

[twitter.com]

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 28, 2015 07:31

Did the Stones sing Happy Birthday yet? Did Mick and Keith harmonize on the end bit?

Date: May 28, 2015 07:33

roller99
Did the Stones sing Happy Birthday yet? Did Mick and Keith harmonize on the end bit?

I wonder if the birthday cake is like the one on the cover of Let it Bleed. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: May 28, 2015 07:34

roller99

Depends on whether the $7 million gold package was bought. The $5 million bronze version doesn't come with happy birthday.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home