Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 34
Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 28, 2015 13:30

slewan

btw: needed for WHAT?

For the case that one encore isn't enough? winking smiley

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 28, 2015 13:34

I am in my hotel room. I am spent. I had no idea that this was going to happen today. I was not sure I had even recovered from Fonda. I was home making chicken soup looking forward to following Columbus on RS.com and IORR. The next show I have tickets for is ATL (LDs with my aunt).

Give me a couple of minutes to get cleaned up and order some room service. I'll give a synopsis of my experience of the journey to Belly UP '15.
There were also a few questions, I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Can you hear in the back? Can you hear anything in the back at all?

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: May 28, 2015 13:47

Good on you, onlystones. I genuinely appreciate your determination and the efforts made. You became a hero to us all I guess! ... Take a well deserved rest, and feel free to come up with the details of your experience when you feel like it!

Posted by: no satisfaction ()
Date: May 28, 2015 13:56

Congratulations ! I 'm happy for you

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 28, 2015 13:59

onlystones
I am in my hotel room. I am spent. I had no idea that this was going to happen today. I was not sure I had even recovered from Fonda. I was home making chicken soup looking forward to following Columbus on RS.com and IORR. The next show I have tickets for is ATL (LDs with my aunt).

Give me a couple of minutes to get cleaned up and order some room service. I'll give a synopsis of my experience of the journey to Belly UP '15.

Question now, how much did it cost you this time to get in?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:04

bv

How odd and kitschy. Weren't they a Planet Shattering Attraction before '74?

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:09

[/quote]

How odd and kitschy. Weren't they a Planet Shattering Attraction before '74?[/quote]

Doesn´t that relate to the Club?

Date: May 28, 2015 14:11

Nikkei
bv

How odd and kitschy. Weren't they a Planet Shattering Attraction before '74?

Not a celebration of Taylor's departure, I presume? winking smiley

Date: May 28, 2015 14:12

Roll Up, Roll Up, it's the Rock 'n' Roll Circus all over again....

Date: May 28, 2015 14:13

That's what I feared too. If Fillmore is right and it refers to the club, that would be a bit of an overstatement.
An etablissement with a shark dangling over the bar is shady at best.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:34

Plink
onlystones
Hello, 2am SD time. My new found co-workers don't want to leave. Outstanding party!!! Fonda '15 was an intimate special concert. Belly up is a great fiesta.
The people who work this venue see Big name acts all the time. Everyone of them said they had seen nothing like the Stones. They are in awe. (they can drink some tequila too). I will be leaving soon to go to my hotel in LJ. tell me if you want details about my journey and experience.

If not I will gladly fall asleep with my head phones on cranked up to eleven. yes I do know what I am going to listen to when I go to bed tonight (SG umg remaster). Don't You?

Thanks for the encouragement.

THE WORLDS GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND

Hey onlystones - congrats on your success! Attending a show like this is the Holy Grail - I'm jealous but happy for you smiling smiley. When you have the time & energy, it would be great if you would share a few details such as:

Which songs were the highlights and which (if any) went a little haywire?

Describe the interaction between band members & specific special moments

What did Mick say to this bunch? Please share the most memorable stage banter

Describe the most memorable Keith moments

What was the enthusiasm level of the crowd?

What were the Stones wearing? (Important stuff!)

Approx. how many guests were in attendance?

Did any fans at the door actually get in?

How did you gain entry? From your post, you seem to insinuate that you managed to work the party. Is that accurate?

I've enjoyed your posts and, like most here, I love details - so please feel free to spill it all! No detail is too small smiling smiley

Posted by: winos ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:36

I just hope a local charity in San Diego got a donation from the Stones cause it's not like they need any more money!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:49

DandelionPowderman

Not a celebration of Taylor's departure, I presume? winking smiley

Makes sense, not that way, but, Woody has been in the band since '74 right? I think you got it (say celebrating the current band)

Date: May 28, 2015 14:49

onlystones

Throughly enjoy your posts! Your love for the Stones and your enthusiasm is very refreshing. Reading your posts makes me look forward to Raleigh more everyday! You are def a party I would to be at. Thanks

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:51

winos
I just hope a local charity in San Diego got a donation from the Stones cause it's not like they need any more money!

I think the guests were asked to bring donations of canned goods for the local food bank.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: May 28, 2015 14:59

Rokyfan
winos

I think the guests were asked to bring donations of canned goods for the local food bank.
Were the cans full of cash?

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Date: May 28, 2015 15:00

Rokyfan
winos

Hilarious. Billionaires and their friends bringing in canned goods.

On a more serious note, thank you for the tip. You were the one who gave me the info that got this whole adventure started. I am going to at least four more Zip Codes. Meet me in one of the cities and I will hook you up. Tell me how you would like to enjoy a Sex, drugs and Rolling Stones show. I will accomadate you.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 28, 2015 15:06

sdstonesguy
Long John Stoner
Gotta say it- the people who are upset with the Stones over this sure have some messed up priorities and belief systems. They don't owe anybody squat. They're not beholden to anyone. They can do what they want. And they do.

Don't like it? Show it. Never go to another show, buy another record, listen to another song.

Bands from every musical genre have been doing gigs like this ever since the first offer was made. Nowhere does it say they have to refuse offers like this simply because they're "The Rolling Stones". Wise up.

Strange a "fan" would call for a boycott of the Stones...takes all kinds I guess.

What's even stranger is people griping about the show.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 28, 2015 15:11

Onlystones, would love to hear more details, including answers to questions already posted, and
how did you get and meet your contact to get in.

Congrats, Bjornulf, saw you in the shot of people waiting outside.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 28, 2015 15:24

i'm alsolooking forward to your tale , onlystones, from yesterday am to the show.

when you're ready, let us have it!

Date: May 28, 2015 15:35

I suspect BV has to post his report first. cool smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 28, 2015 15:39

crawdaddy
What a great Rolling Stones week.

Small theatre show at Fonda last Wednesday.

Big,Big show at Petco on Sunday.

Very small Birthday Party show at Belly Up Tavern less than 24 hours ago.

Two days off then a big show at Columbus on Saturday night.

Quite a good week for us Rolling Stones fans, even if it's just following it all on a laptop. >grinning smiley<

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upI had the same experience here! Great to follow this thread from the beginning yesterday and reading with growing interest how "only stones" took care of business with no hesitation, taking a plane to San Diego etc. Fantasic read!
Congratulations "only stones" and bv for getting in this one!smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-28 15:43 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 28, 2015 15:48

onlystones
Meet me in one of the cities and I will hook you up. Tell me how you would like to enjoy a Sex, drugs and Rolling Stones show. I will accomadate you.

What's the catch?

Date: May 28, 2015 16:05

Stoneburst
Plink
onlystones
Hello, 2am SD time. My new found co-workers don't want to leave. Outstanding party!!! Fonda '15 was an intimate special concert. Belly up is a great fiesta.
The people who work this venue see Big name acts all the time. Everyone of them said they had seen nothing like the Stones. They are in awe. (they can drink some tequila too). I will be leaving soon to go to my hotel in LJ. tell me if you want details about my journey and experience.

If not I will gladly fall asleep with my head phones on cranked up to eleven. yes I do know what I am going to listen to when I go to bed tonight (SG umg remaster). Don't You?

Thanks for the encouragement.

THE WORLDS GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND

Hey onlystones - congrats on your success! Attending a show like this is the Holy Grail - I'm jealous but happy for you smiling smiley. When you have the time & energy, it would be great if you would share a few details such as:

Which songs were the highlights and which (if any) went a little haywire?

Describe the interaction between band members & specific special moments

What did Mick say to this bunch? Please share the most memorable stage banter

Describe the most memorable Keith moments

What was the enthusiasm level of the crowd?

What were the Stones wearing? (Important stuff!)

Approx. how many guests were in attendance?

Did any fans at the door actually get in?

How did you gain entry? From your post, you seem to insinuate that you managed to work the party. Is that accurate?

I've enjoyed your posts and, like most here, I love details - so please feel free to spill it all! No detail is too small smiling smiley

PREFACE: This is my experience. I do this because I love the Stones. Its my time and money. I am just as happy to do as I have done for years and live my Stones life in obscurity. BTW EOMS Ripping through this joint and my headphones as we speak. If I allude to people in this post it is because they gave me permission to.

That said I was at home (South Florida) on 5/27 doing my morning rituals. Those rituals are usually the same. Wake and bake. Check on line for any new Rolling Stones news. Crank up whatever Stones related material I planned on listening to that morning. Walk and feed the dog. Get my son up and going for school or whatever he is into that day. Check on mom and dad. Normal people stuff.

Low and behold the rumor popped up on IORR about a private show. The rumors proved true and through my research I knew Belly Up was on. I don't need an excuse to do anything Stones related. I knew I was going, I had to set up a plan of attack. One of the first things I did was send an e-mail to the catering department of the BU stating that I would like to inspect their facility for an upcoming affair I was having. I told them I would give them a non-refundable deposit in whatever amount was necessary for the inspection. The only catch was that it had to be on 5/27 between 7pm and midnight. I also stated that I would get great Satisfaction if I could be Rolling into their club for the non-refundable inspection. I got no response in any way from anyone officially with the club. However, shortly thereafter, I was contacted by someone who claimed to be the head this or that at the club and that he said he could get me in. We vetted each other, with questions to see if both parties were serious. He seemed to be legit. I know I am. And there you have it, a match made in Stonesland. Now it was brass tax time. I asked him how much. His reply was twice Fonda. I asked him what denominations he would like the money in. At that point the phone went silent. I thought he passed out. Then I heard someone in the background say "you dumbass I told you to ask for more". We made arrangements to meet in SD at the airport. Then I started making travel and hotel reservations.

I need to take a break. I will tell the rest, if you want me to. I just don't want to ramble. It is 9am, my body time (EDT) and 6am here in SD. (PDT). I m getting punchy. I just need to get my head together. I have to figure what my next move is. Checkout is 12pm local time. If I decide to leave.

Date: May 28, 2015 16:09

shenanigans

Date: May 28, 2015 16:17

Koen
onlystones
Meet me in one of the cities and I will hook you up. Tell me how you would like to enjoy a Sex, drugs and Rolling Stones show. I will accomadate you.

What's the catch?

No catch. I offered to pay for Rokyfan to go from NY to SD and I would try to get him in. I don't think he took me seriously. This is what I do, I never joke about going to a Stones show. I enjoyed myself so much I figured it would be worth it to repay him for the tip. Simple as that.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 28, 2015 16:20

onlystones, you @#$%& rock.
How old are you?

I love reading about your adventures.
Life's just a cocktail party on the street!
(even though I quit drinking 10 years ago!)

Here's the closest I've ever been to the Belly Up...

BTW, the '74 in the posters above refer to the club itself.

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: May 28, 2015 16:34

Good job onlystones! Any pics? As they say on the fishing forum, without a picture it's all a tall tale. I'll be in Atlanta if ya wanna party at the Loews

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 28, 2015 16:38

Kurt
onlystones, you @#$%& rock.
How old are you?

I love reading about your adventures.
Life's just a cocktail party on the street!
(even though I quit drinking 10 years ago!)

Here's the closest I've ever been to the Belly Up...

BTW, the '74 in the posters above refer to the club itself.

WTF? That´s Pelle Almqvist.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 28, 2015 16:42

Congrats to onlystones & bv! So glad you all were able to get in and had a great time. I'll be looking forward to whatever detailed reports you are able to provide in whatever timeframe they come in. Get some rest!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2151
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home