Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...144145146147148149150151152153154...LastNext
Current Page: 149 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 26, 2015 10:18

Well, here we are on Thursday again. Anything might happen...

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 26, 2015 11:32

Anything Can Happen Thursday:

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 26, 2015 14:51

DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
DandelionPowderman

Abu Dhabi: Keith inviting Taylor on stage for Slipping Away behind Mick's back is not to take risks?

It was risky enough. He had to re-start the song grinning smiley

Risking what exactly? Mick's wrath? I think Keith is beyond concern about that. Musical risk? Restarting a song is kind of cool, intimate and humanizing. Loved when Layne Staley screwed up on Alice in Chains Unplugged. smoking smiley

peace

Yep, Mick's wrath indeed. That incident (and what happened prior to it) was a big deal, a bird whispered to me smiling smiley

Musically, Picking up SA and CBS again obviously was risky for Keith. I have never heard a bigger collective fvck up than CBS on the opening night in Oslo.

Out of curiosity, was it Mick's sense of control that upset him when Taylor
Unexpectedly joined Keith for slipping away. Not really sure why, as Jagger
Is never on stage during Keith's two to three tunes. This seems to be Keith's
Moment at least since 78 or so.

Date: March 26, 2015 15:08

swimtothemoon
DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
DandelionPowderman

Abu Dhabi: Keith inviting Taylor on stage for Slipping Away behind Mick's back is not to take risks?

It was risky enough. He had to re-start the song grinning smiley

Risking what exactly? Mick's wrath? I think Keith is beyond concern about that. Musical risk? Restarting a song is kind of cool, intimate and humanizing. Loved when Layne Staley screwed up on Alice in Chains Unplugged. smoking smiley

peace

Yep, Mick's wrath indeed. That incident (and what happened prior to it) was a big deal, a bird whispered to me smiling smiley

Musically, Picking up SA and CBS again obviously was risky for Keith. I have never heard a bigger collective fvck up than CBS on the opening night in Oslo.

Out of curiosity, was it Mick's sense of control that upset him when Taylor
Unexpectedly joined Keith for slipping away. Not really sure why, as Jagger
Is never on stage during Keith's two to three tunes. This seems to be Keith's
Moment at least since 78 or so.

He likes to call the shots, or at least to know what's going on.

After Mick and Keith had a hefty quarrel prior to the gig, Keith decided to bring on Taylor without telling Mick, that's all I was told.

I wonder when these guys are gonna grow up... smiling smiley

Date: March 26, 2015 15:16

That's why MICK needs KEEF, they balance each other out and KEEF is the only one who has the power to do it.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 26, 2015 15:36

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 26, 2015 16:23

Cocaine Eyes
[www.bizjournals.com]

"an issue with the nationwide promoter's ticketing."

First time I hear some kind of explanation why the announcement is postponed.

- Doxa

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 26, 2015 16:25

- Doxa[/quote]
huh????
you have not been listening then...its been widely used as the reason since minute one of the delay...no hate...just fact.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 04:02 by massmick.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 26, 2015 16:27

Doxa
Cocaine Eyes
[www.bizjournals.com]

"an issue with the nationwide promoter's ticketing."

- Doxa

That's what they've been saying (claiming) all along, or it's been claimed on their behalf, or whatever. What I don't get is why the writer thinks it would be appropriate for the announcement to be on the 31st because it's a Tuesday? confused smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 26, 2015 16:30

I'm very curious to see how ticket sales go once the shows are announced. We're now looking at a smaller window until May 24th for stadium venues. I realize Europe sells in a heartbeat but don't think the US will. I also hope the presale pricing is reasonable. I'm buying more than one ticket this time around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-26 16:33 by Maindefender.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 26, 2015 16:33

UndercoverLovingcup
treaclefingers
UndercoverLovingcup
treaclefingers
Dan
JumpinJeppeFlash
Mick Taylor is not a member of the band. It was nice to see him during shows 2012-2014 but enough is enough.

The thing is they are not even a real band anymore, just people who are playing their band's songs. And a lot of those songs would benefit from another guitar player.

you just blew my mind, man.

The Stones are their own best cover band...and have been for quite some time now...if we are to be honest with ourselves. They are the best at it, no doubt, but too many shows are just mailed in. I fear that will be the case for most of this tour since many of these have not seen the band in quite some time.

Like the shows in Tel Aviv, Abu Dhabi, and other first time cities, ...no risks...just the motions...then straight to the bank to cash the cheque

OK, and I have to ask the question, not because I'm being defensive (cuz why would I even care?), but just out of a morbid curiosity, why is it then, that you read/post on IORR?

There hasn't been any new material in a decade, just some releases of old material from when they 'were' a band. You don't like the shows.

What exactly holds your interest to the point of creating a user name and participating in the 'chat'? Why are you here dammit?!
I don't recall saying i dont like the shows...as a matter of fact i said they are the best at it...As to why am i here? Because i am a fan and I hope to see them this time around. I hope that answers your questions.
If you would like you can just tell me what to say/post so we have nothing to discuss or talk about.

Easy boy! I was just having at you a bit.

Great you are a fan and not actually questioning your 'right' to post whatever you want.

Your post did leave me curious though as it didn't sound as though you enjoyed the shows..."mailing it in", "going through the motions" and all that. As far as being the best stones cover band, why spend the $600+ on a ticket when you could spend $20 to see and excellent stones cover band?

I'm not sure you'd admit it, but your observations/tone in your earlier post is a bit incongruous with your follow-up post.

Post whatever you like but don't expect you might not be challenged on it if it's giving me cognitive dissonance!

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 26, 2015 16:37

Another Thursday....I am waiting..I am waiting...Oh yeah... oh yeah
Oh, we're waiting, oh, we're waiting, oh yeah, oh yeah
Oh, we're waiting, oh, we're waiting, oh yeah, oh yeah
Waiting for someone to come out of somewhere
Waiting for someone to come out of somewhere

Oh, we're waiting, oh we're waiting
Oh, we're waiting, oh were waiting
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 26, 2015 16:38

Maindefender
I'm very curious to see how ticket sales go once the shows are announced. We're now looking at a smaller window until May 24th for stadium venues. I realize Europe sells in a heartbeat but don't think the US will. I also hope the presale pricing is reasonable. I'm buying more than one ticket this time around.
huge venues dont seem to start until Arlington...esp if red rocks are squeezed into the mix

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 04:02 by massmick.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 26, 2015 16:43

Five days to go as of today

Bjornulf

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 26, 2015 16:50

bv
So it is the 31st, then, thanks.

Posted by: howlinrock ()
Date: March 26, 2015 16:55

bv
And we can wait patiently. smiling smiley

Posted by: argentina92 ()
Date: March 26, 2015 16:55

bv

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out>grinning smiley<hot smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 26, 2015 16:57

Aquamarine
bv
So it is the 31st, then, thanks.

Ha!

Thank you very kindly, Bjornulf! thumbs up

... eeeer, whatabout REHEARSALS ?? smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 26, 2015 17:03

bv

Thanks much... as previously mentioned.. any insight on the rehearsals..?

Thinking of booking air for SD, and if LA is rehearsal locale..will arrive a week or so early..

Thanks again!

Date: March 26, 2015 17:14

Would that be 5 days until tickets sales or offical announcement?

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 26, 2015 17:22

jumpontopofmebaby
Would that be 5 days until tickets sales or offical announcement?

I think, there's no date for ticket sales without an official announcement which clears the actual dates of the gigs ...

Date: March 26, 2015 17:28

Ok hoping tickets go on sale a few days after announcement .

And hoping Kansas City and Texas go for sale on different dates!

And the company I work for has season tickets for both Chiefs and Cowboys.

The rumor is Chief season tickets holders get a presale!!!!!!!!!!!!

No word on Cowboys Season tickets presale yet.

Date: March 26, 2015 17:51

bv

So that makes it 31st March, right? Something tells me I'd already heard that date before........confused smiley

If I may add.....God willing good health for the band......smoking smiley

Date: March 26, 2015 18:24

What are you trying to say with the health thing, CE?

Date: March 26, 2015 18:29

Hi everybody, just joined. Can't wait for the announcement on Tuesday...what a great 20th birthday present! If the set lists will be at all Sticky Fingers-based I hope they do "Moonlight Mile" as a last encore!

Date: March 26, 2015 18:34

I wondering if part , even if it is a small part, of the delay in announcing the official tour dates involves starting the public on sale on April 1st or shortly thereafter. Not all Stones fans, especially younger ones, have huge amounts of credit cards or savings. Given that not everyone can or wants to spend $650ish + per ticket for choice field seats there will be a lot of lower priced tickets in the not so choice upper sections that the promoter needs to sell. By moving the public on sale date to the beginning of the month (when most people are traditionally paid) this affords the promoter the maximum opportunity for strong ticket sales during the actual on sale date.

IMHO the delay in announcing the official tour dates, for whatever the reason, is brilliant. The hype, the free publicity, the bill boards and media leaks of local stadium dates certainly helps to build anticipation, interest and demand. Of course the waiting is a bit nerve racking for myself, and I am guessing, many others Stones fans on IORR.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 26, 2015 18:48

howlinrock
bv

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm lying on the floor.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 26, 2015 19:00

treaclefingers
howlinrock
bv

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm lying on the floor.

I'm just gonna sit and do this jigsaw puzzle

Posted by: JagFan ()
Date: March 26, 2015 19:04

This is what concerns me too since I'll be traveling cross country on the 31st. It will be great to hear the announcement that day, but I hope there will be a few days in between before pre-sale starts!

Date: March 26, 2015 19:29

DandelionPowderman
What are you trying to say with the health thing, CE?

I'm merely adding that THAT will be the date and I'm hoping all people are well and happy and healthy. I suppose I'm still reeling from the loss of Bobby Keys. I knew he was unwell and I knew what I knew......but when it really happens it was a terrible shock. I felt *almost* as badly as Keith felt. NO ONE could feel worse than Keith felt, outside of family. But it was almost beyond belief.

I do know the band are all in good health and are planning to make the announcment on the final day in March. I suppose I'm just thinking outloud and hoping everyone remains healthy.

I'm a long way from over the loss of Bobby. Sorry, but I'm allowing my grief to show. That's all.

smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...144145146147148149150151152153154...LastNext
Current Page: 149 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2123
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home