Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...147148149150151152153154155156157...LastNext
Current Page: 152 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Date: March 27, 2015 16:13

Also hoping we get ZZ Top as a warm in Dallas/ Arlington.

It could happen. They are open at that time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-27 16:17 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: March 27, 2015 16:15

alhavu1
Diamond Dave? He rules man!

LOL Not any more. I saw them their first tour ever. Saw them three nights in a row in Dallas. Diamond Dave was great.

Saw them last time and he has snorted way to many drugs. His mind is post toasties!!!

Eddie was still way cool

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 27, 2015 16:21

im not sure where you are getting info that "One thing to note is that many of the U2 shows have not sold out "

im not sure where you are looking but virtually everything overseas is gone and only spotty seats available for shows 7/8 nyc, shows 3/4 boston chic montreal....not much except $$$$$$$left....for now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-27 16:34 by massmick.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 27, 2015 16:28

A San Diego ABC television station jumped the gun by mentioning a giveaway for two Stones tickets, then apologized and said it will be given the week of April 6. So some of the media know about it already, he said to mark it on your calendar.

Date: March 27, 2015 16:32

massmick
One thing to note is that many of the U2 shows have not sold out

im not sure where you are looking but virtually everything overseas is gone and only spotty seats available for shows 7/8 nyc, shows 3/4 boston chic montreal....not much except $$$$$$$left....for now.

They have had good ticket sales . And they are playing arenas and priced very high just like the Stones last tour here. So given how many shows they are doing in each city, sales are very good. They have even added shows to certain cities

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-27 16:41 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: March 27, 2015 16:33

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 04:05 by massmick.

Date: March 27, 2015 16:38

i think their just picking large venues to assure that any fan who wants to see them one last time can, with a bit of travel, achieve that at a reasonable price....hoping anyways.

that INDY party is accessable to a HUGE part of America.

Date: March 27, 2015 16:59

Keefy
Another Thursday....I am waiting..I am waiting...Oh yeah... oh yeah
Oh, we're waiting, oh, we're waiting, oh yeah, oh yeah
Oh, we're waiting, oh, we're waiting, oh yeah, oh yeah
Waiting for someone to come out of somewhere
Waiting for someone to come out of somewhere

Oh, we're waiting, oh we're waiting
Oh, we're waiting, oh were waiting
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Waiting on a friend, no I mean waiting on an announcement, no that would be waiting on a presale, argh forget it.....

Mike

Date: March 27, 2015 17:11

DeanGoodman
UKRod
Seems like the Stones are ignoring the UK again, after they did a huge European tour in 2014 plus Japan, the Gulf, Australia and New Zealand. Try waiting until possibly 2016 to see them again, if at all, then you might have something to be frustrated and impatient about.The huge ticket prices plus travel costs and accommodation will be prohibitive for most UK fans to get to the USA to see them. Commercial considerations aside, they owe the country of their birth a big UK tour, in my humble opinion, including Hyde Park as a finale to their illustrious career.

Last year's European tour was hardly "huge" - just 13 dates + Israel. UK fans could have flown shorthaul on a budget airline to any of them, just as long-suffering central European fans would have had to. And now many people in North America face a similar issue.

We have been warned time and time again on IORR that the Stones will not necessarily come to us, that we must go to them, and time is running out.

The Stones do not owe us anything. We owe it to ourselves to see them (subject to outrageous ticket pricing).

Our US/CA 2013 tour was only 18 dates. This is the new normal for Stones fans. We had to fly from NC to Boston. Buy, fly or drive it's always worth the trip.smoking smiley

Mike

Posted by: LuvGlimmerTwins ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:17

rltsurf
So are reloadsble prepaid Amex cards the way to get presale tickets?

Amex pre-sales have (in recent history) been the exclusive right of the Amex gold car holders. Therefore, I'd say prepaid cards may not be the way to go.

Just my 2 cents....

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:17

kovach
[email protected]
While waiting for Buffalo to go on sale, what shows have other people purchased?Ithink so far I purchased Madonna and Shania Twain. Outside from us here, is it possible they will lose out to the casual fan who has committed summer budget to country acts, ampitheatre shows etc.....

The Who, Rush, Jimmy Buffett.

The Eagles and The Who.

Date: March 27, 2015 17:26

curiously Buddy Guy has an opening in his extensive 2015 tour between june 11 and 29th....his sched also aligns nicely with the Detroit and Buffalo proposed dates

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:36

BluzDude
U2 - x2 in LA, the same week Stone should be in San Diego.
End of July - AC/DC in Glasgow; Who in Hyde Park (don't have tix yet, but pretty sure I'll be going)
After it's over - in September, 3 shows looking forward to - Social Distortion, AC/DC (again) and Foo Fighters in LA.

The only thing big I have tickets for is Rush and I might not even go only because I had several competing events to choose from the first Saturday last August.

Otherwise I prefer to play it by ear and make up my mind the day of the show rather than feel obligated by the tickets I am holding.

Really looking forward to all the free summertime shows and small community festivals as always.

2015 so far -

[www.freewebs.com]

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:39

MidnightDevilRambler
DeanGoodman
UKRod
Seems like the Stones are ignoring the UK again, after they did a huge European tour in 2014 plus Japan, the Gulf, Australia and New Zealand. Try waiting until possibly 2016 to see them again, if at all, then you might have something to be frustrated and impatient about.The huge ticket prices plus travel costs and accommodation will be prohibitive for most UK fans to get to the USA to see them. Commercial considerations aside, they owe the country of their birth a big UK tour, in my humble opinion, including Hyde Park as a finale to their illustrious career.

Last year's European tour was hardly "huge" - just 13 dates + Israel. UK fans could have flown shorthaul on a budget airline to any of them, just as long-suffering central European fans would have had to. And now many people in North America face a similar issue.

We have been warned time and time again on IORR that the Stones will not necessarily come to us, that we must go to them, and time is running out.

The Stones do not owe us anything. We owe it to ourselves to see them (subject to outrageous ticket pricing).

Our US/CA 2013 tour was only 18 dates. This is the new normal for Stones fans. We had to fly from NC to Boston. Buy, fly or drive it's always worth the trip.smoking smiley

Mike

Stones did 5 UK shows between november 2012 and july 2013. 3 of them were ultra huge. ain't that enough?

and you have to add the four december 2012 NYC area shows to the 18 spring 2013 North Am shows

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: March 27, 2015 17:45

the later they go in putting tickets on sale i'm guessing "exclusive" deals like Amex pre-sales may go out the window. they sell tickets in limited blocks nowadays and may have to have a more open pre-sale to create the "sell-outs" that took place in 2013.
plus, outside of some very exclusive real estate in a stadium average ticket prices may be $120, with the stadium priced the way bridges was.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 27, 2015 18:08

sundevil
the later they go in putting tickets on sale i'm guessing "exclusive" deals like Amex pre-sales may go out the window. they sell tickets in limited blocks nowadays and may have to have a more open pre-sale to create the "sell-outs" that took place in 2013.
plus, outside of some very exclusive real estate in a stadium average ticket prices may be $120, with the stadium priced the way bridges was.

Why would you think that? When have the Stones ever had ticket prices lower for current tours than previous tours?

The last time they played Gillette here in Boston for the ABB tour the primo field tickets were $300 for the front section and $150 for farther back by the small stage as that is where I sat. I believe the upper deck nosebleeds were $40.00 and the sound was terrible as I went up there to check it out during the warm up bands.

Even at those prices they had to paper local companies to fill the cheap seats.

Maybe I am wrong but I can't see them offering tickets cheaper then that for these Stadium shows and I would expect the front field seats to be more expensive than the ABB tour prices. JMO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-27 18:11 by oldschool.

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: March 27, 2015 18:15

jumpontopofmebaby
alhavu1

LOL Not any more. I saw them their first tour ever. Saw them three nights in a row in Dallas. Diamond Dave was great.

Saw them last time and he has snorted way to many drugs. His mind is post toasties!!!

Eddie was still way cool
Has Beens !!

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: March 27, 2015 18:20

jjo
jumpontopofmebaby
alhavu1

Eddie was still way cool
Has Beens !!
agreed the luster has warn off diamond Dave

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: March 27, 2015 18:29

exclusive real estate would be primo seats. yeah, without a doubt those tickets will be put on sale for primo prices.

but smaller cities don't have the same demand that new york or LA or chicago have. with the flex pricing of shows nowadays, and the need to sell 50,000+ seats, MY GUESS is an average stadium ticket is going to have to be attractively priced to get the person to buy the ticket instantaneously.

meaning, WOW, stones $120 (or $150, $99) a pop. confirm purchase.
most people buy tickets in pairs. more than $300 for two hours of entertainment is the upper limit for casual fans on a weeknight.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 27, 2015 20:13

Aren't those huge speedway / horse racing venues normally all day events with 5 or 6 bands?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-27 21:38 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 27, 2015 20:15

The Rolling Stones are still the event of the summer, imo. Forget U2 or Van Halen. Those two wouldn't even be playing if the Stones had not paved the way.

I think people understand that this may be the last time and even some of the original fans will make time to see them. People who have never seen them play will be going just to say they saw The Rolling Stones (and have the T-shirt to prove it). A solid three generations of fans and no major market competition...this is a well planned tour for them and we'll see sold out or nearly so shows at every stop. The ticket pricing will be reasonable enough to guarantee it. They don't need a new hit record to sell seats, that's been proven plenty. The SF deluxe release is just insurance, lots of parents will get excited over it and bring their spouses AND kids to the shows.

peace

Posted by: jboug44 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 20:18

There is going to be a Rolling Stones related presser at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway next Tuesday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-27 20:49 by jboug44.

Date: March 27, 2015 20:27

Naturalust
The Rolling Stones are still the event of the summer, imo. Forget U2 or Van Halen. Those two wouldn't even be playing if the Stones had not paved the way.

I think people understand that this may be the last time and even some of the original fans will make time to see them. People who have never seen them play will be going just to say they saw The Rolling Stones (and have the T-shirt to prove it). A solid three generations of fans and no major market competition...this is a well planned tour for them and we'll see sold out or nearly so shows at every stop. The ticket pricing will be reasonable enough to guarantee it. They don't need a new hit record to sell seats, that's been proven plenty. The SF deluxe release is just insurance, lots of parents will get excited over it and bring their spouses AND kids to the shows.

peace

Three totally different types of bands

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 27, 2015 20:35

treaclefingers
EddieByword

Aren't those huge speedway / horse racing venues normally all day events with 5 or 6 bands?

I would pay extra not to stand out all day in the hot sun through a bunch of bands I don't care about!

Quality of bands / cash aside, I just thought multiple acts was the norm for that type of venue...ie. a one day festival....I could be wrong of course............so out of touch, I probably am, the last one day festival I paid to go in was Knebworth, £4.50 ($7.50 US) for 5 acts - I was glad to 'bump into' Lynyrd skynyrd, I'd heard the name but hadn't heard them so that was a good one.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-27 20:37 by EddieByword.

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: March 27, 2015 20:44

The Rolling Stones Tour 2015 is not going to sell very well at all. BIG mistake. The U.S. doesn't really support vintage acts like Europe does.

U2 is The Biggest Rock 'N Roll Band In The World now. Sadly.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 27, 2015 20:45

jboug44
There is going to be a Rolling Stones related presser at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway next Tuseday

I'm liking the sounds of this.... the boys flying around the track... Ronnie pills in for a pit stop...the Charlie... then.. winking smiley

Source? (not that I don't believe, just curious as to how solid..)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-27 20:47 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: jboug44 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 20:48

MisterDDDD
jboug44
There is going to be a Rolling Stones related presser at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway next Tuesday

It's hard to see but Tuesday is a link to twitter. Curt Cavin is the local IndyCar reporter here in Indy and if anyone is gonna get a scoop on what it is, it's him.

Looks like there must have been a release to the media

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-27 20:51 by jboug44.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 20:54

MisterDDDD
jboug44
There is going to be a Rolling Stones related presser at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway next Tuseday

I'm liking the sounds of this.... the boys flying around the track... Ronnie pills in for a pit stop...the Charlie... then.. winking smiley

The Stones won't be in Indy, this is the IMS jumping on the announcement ala Nashville Mayor...

Date: March 27, 2015 20:57

ZantiMisfit
The Rolling Stones Tour 2015 is not going to sell very well at all. BIG mistake. The U.S. doesn't really support vintage acts like Europe does.

U2 is The Biggest Rock 'N Roll Band In The World now. Sadly.

The Stones will sell if the price is right and they have decent warm up acts.

Its Stadiums in the summer and the Stones!

They will sell you can bet they have studied the markets and know what they need to do to avoid the Arena tour ticket mess.

And U2 is big and its not sad. They are great live.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-27 20:58 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 27, 2015 20:57

Hello Ruby Tuesday!

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...147148149150151152153154155156157...LastNext
Current Page: 152 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2154
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10