Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...148149150151152153154155156157158...LastNext
Current Page: 153 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 27, 2015 21:01

IF YOU QUOTE POSTS THAT ARE ALREADY QUOTED MANY TIMES NESTED THEN IT IS MESSING UP THE READABILITY OF THE THREAD AND I WILL DELETE YOUR POST.

One or two nested quotes, may be three levels of quoting, might work, but quoting 5-10 times is simply spam.

Please edit your multipe quotes here now. I will start deleting nested quotes very soon. But it takes so much time and it is boring so any help would be great.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 27, 2015 21:15

Thanks, bv. Never understood why people do that.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 27, 2015 21:23

any news of new merchandise for this tour?

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 27, 2015 21:29

The Indy show is located at turn 4 and is configured for 60,000.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 27, 2015 21:43

sundevil
exclusive real estate would be primo seats. yeah, without a doubt those tickets will be put on sale for primo prices.

but smaller cities don't have the same demand that new york or LA or chicago have. with the flex pricing of shows nowadays, and the need to sell 50,000+ seats, MY GUESS is an average stadium ticket is going to have to be attractively priced to get the person to buy the ticket instantaneously.

meaning, WOW, stones $120 (or $150, $99) a pop. confirm purchase.
most people buy tickets in pairs. more than $300 for two hours of entertainment is the upper limit for casual fans on a weeknight.

Don't forget all of the absurd fees that are added on top of the ticket price. A $120 ticket could easily wind up being $135-$145, making it even more expensive for the casual fan, especially given the lousy venues.

Date: March 27, 2015 21:53

babyblue

Of course. Everything will be new for this tour. Merchandising is a major part of the tour budget. New posters in every city, just like they did in Europe and Australia. Great pictures by the way. That is why they change the names of the tours. "50 And Counting" - "14 On Fire" - "Just A Kiss Away" - or whatever they choose to call it - we will see on Tuesday. And I bet the South America tour and the next London shows in 2016 will have different names. Of course they will. Just have to.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 27, 2015 21:54

babyblue

I haven't heard anything.

Hopefully they come up with some interesting shirts besides the city's sports team.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 27, 2015 22:00

jumpontopofmebaby
ZantiMisfit
The Rolling Stones Tour 2015 is not going to sell very well at all. BIG mistake. The U.S. doesn't really support vintage acts like Europe does.

U2 is The Biggest Rock 'N Roll Band In The World now. Sadly.

The Stones will sell if the price is right and they have decent warm up acts.

Its Stadiums in the summer and the Stones!

They will sell you can bet they have studied the markets and know what they need to do to avoid the Arena tour ticket mess.

And U2 is big and its not sad. They are great live.

I sure hope you are right but I have my doubts. I don't see them being less expensive then the prices they charged during the ABB tour.

If they do charge reasonable prices and come anywhere near Boston or play MSG one more time I will be there!

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 27, 2015 22:15

bv
babyblue

Of course. Everything will be new for this tour. Merchandising is a major part of the tour budget. New posters in every city, just like they did in Europe and Australia. Great pictures by the way. That is why they change the names of the tours. "50 And Counting" - "14 On Fire" - "Just A Kiss Away" - or whatever they choose to call it - we will see on Tuesday. And I bet the South America tour and the next London shows in 2016 will have different names. Of course they will. Just have to.

I hope the merch designs are better this time around. Gregory was a f'n joke. Bring back cool designs and leave out the lame gimmicky crap.

Date: March 27, 2015 22:21

I never liked that monkey stuff. I just forgot about it. But the stuff they did in Europe was great, also the stuff in Australia. Just take a look at the poster threads, lots of great T-shirts and posters with local images.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 27, 2015 22:25

"Just A Kiss Away" would be the worst title for a tour - ever - by a n y band.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 27, 2015 22:28

bv
I never liked that monkey stuff. I just forgot about it. But the stuff they did in Europe was great, also the stuff in Australia. Just take a look at the poster threads, lots of great T-shirts and posters with local images.

I love the gorilla stuff now! It reminds me of seeing them back in November 2012 when I seriously thought I may never see them again?

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 27, 2015 22:28

bv
babyblue

LONDON 2016?! Yay!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 22:49

bv
babyblue

London 2016 i know its not written in stone, but might have to rethink about going to the USA this year.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 27, 2015 22:59

odean73
bv
babyblue

London 2016 i know its not written in stone, but might have to rethink about going to the USA this year.

2016 - will be the "Charlie 75 tour"

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 27, 2015 23:02

SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

Rolling Stones to Announce 2015 Summer Stadium Tour

According to insiders, the Rolling Stones are set to announce a North American summer stadium tour next week.

The 16-stop, AEG-presented trek, which these sources say will kick off at San Diego’s Petco Park on Memorial Day weekend, is said to carry a guarantee of $3m-$5m per night.

Other venues on the tour, they add, will include Ohio Stadium in Columbus (5/30), AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX (6/6), Vanderbilt Stadium in Nashville (6/10), Orlando's Citrus Bowl (6/13), Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, CA (6/30), Indianapolis Motor Speedway (7/4) and Ralph Wilson Stadium in Buffalo, NY (7/11).

Presale for tickets is said to begin on 4/8, with general sales starting on 4/13.

News reports in relevant markets have lately noted billboards with teasing bits of song lyrics and titles.

Their 2012-13 U.S. 50 & Counting tour raked in some $87.7 million (making it #1 on Pollstar's 2013 Top 100 Midyear Tours list) and sold more than a quarter-million tickets. The band has sold an estimated 250m+ records worldwide.

Between 1971-81, eight consecutive studio albums by the Stones reached #1 in the U.S.: Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main St., Goats Head Soup and It's Only Rock 'n Roll. Black and Blue, Some Girls, Emotional Rescue and Tattoo You. Every new studio album they've put out since 1968 has gone at least platinum, with 1971's double-disc anthology Hot Rocks: 1964-71 going 12 times platinum and 1978's Some Girls going six times platinum.

Exile ranks #7 on Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums of of All Time," while their other key albums figure prominently in that countdown.

The Stones' U.S. #1 singles are "Satisfaction," "Get Off My Cloud," "Paint It, Black," "Ruby Tuesday," "Honky Tonk Women," "Brown Sugar," "Angie" and "Miss You."

More than a half century into their careers, it need hardly be said, the Stones remain the only still-functioning band to be this important for this long. And their shows continue to attract multigenerational throngs of fans, including plenty of the sorts of young honeys they've been singing about since JFK was president.

Keith Richards is said to be smoking an extra pack of Marlboro Reds per day to get in shape for the tour.

Invaluable research assistance for this story was provided by Paul Grein.

[hitsdailydouble.com]

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 27, 2015 23:07

Keith Richards is said to be smoking an extra pack of Marlboro Reds per day to get in shape for the tour.

That is rich!

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 23:09

TiminIndy

That is rich!

Haha I know! Gotta love keef!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 27, 2015 23:15

bye bye johnny
Presale for tickets is said to begin on 4/8, with general sales starting on 4/13.

That's fine for me, if this is true.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 27, 2015 23:24

TooTough
"Just A Kiss Away" would be the worst title for a tour - ever - by a n y band.

I (strongly and respectfully) disagree.
It's not even the worst title for a tour- by this band-.

I like it.. better even than the last tour.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: March 27, 2015 23:56

I wonder if "Insiders" are just this website, or somebody really part of AEG or the Stones?

It's a tough summer to tour, with so many classic rock bands out there. It's going to spread those concert dollars thin. Not everyone will be successful.

Hopefully the Stones learned on the last US tour, which did not sell out every arena, that their prices were too high. They'll always have the rich, core fans that will pay any price down on the field, but the upper decks are the casual fans who aren't going to pay $150 for nose-bleeds.

If tickets are still on sale when a major tour begins, its very important to the Promoter & Mick, that the stadiums appear full. This drives sales in later venues. If there are a few thousand empty seats, the media picks up on that, and it becomes an issue for future tour dates.

The "Thursday" billboards are still up in San Diego, and elsewhere. Either they forgot them, or they don't care that its Tuesday now.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 27, 2015 23:57

Rolling Stones to Announce North American Tour Dates on Tuesday, Sources Say

Getty Images

By Ray Waddell | March 27, 2015

Confirming one of the worst-kept secrets in live music, sources tell Billboard that the Rolling Stones will tour North America this summer. The group will play single dates, primarily in stadiums, in secondary markets that they did not visit on either their brief run of 50th anniversary shows late in 2012, or the 19-date 50 and Counting tour of 2013. AEG Live will be the primary promoter of the tour.

The announcement is expected on Tuesday, sources say.

The Stones spent last year touring in Europe, Asia, and Australia, bringing their total take since the 2012 launch of this run to $291,376,954 gross and 1,189,898 tickets sold to 48 shows, according to Billboard Boxscore. While no official announcement has been made, several cities have already leaked or hinted at summer dates, including Nashville, where Mayor Karl Dean jumped the gun by telling WKRN, "Don't 'start me up' on that topic. I can't give you any 'satisfaction' today answering your questions, and if you bug me about it I'm going to tell you to'" get off of my cloud.'" Indianapolis and Oakland, Calif. are also rumored to be on the route, although sources did not confirm any specific markets.

"Is this the last time?" is a question that’s been asked -- and dodged by the band -- on the eve of every Stones tour since the 1980s. But despite the vitality of their recent shows, biology is bound to catch up with them in the not-too-distant future: Mick Jagger is 71, and drummer Charlie Watts, who drives the band throughout the two-plus-hour-long shows, will be 74 come summer, so the opportunity to see this most quintessential rock band will not present itself too many more times.

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 27, 2015 23:58

So it looks like Orlando is actually going to be on Saturday night, June 13 as opposed to Friday night, June 12th, if the informatior or article posted bye bye Johnny holds true.

Indianapolis Press Conference
Posted by: indystone ()
Date: March 27, 2015 23:49

Indianapolis Motor Speedway has just announced a press conference for Tue. morning March 31, regarding a special event this summer at I.M.S.!

Re: Indianapolis Press Conference
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: March 27, 2015 23:56

WOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOthumbs upthumbs upsmileys with beerdrinking smileysmoking smileyhot smiley

Re: Indianapolis Press Conference
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 28, 2015 00:17

Some radio stations are tweeting that, too:

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 28, 2015 00:25

Woo!! This is awesome, so pumped for Tuesday!

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: March 28, 2015 00:27

Minneapolis billboard (Eden Prairie/Minnetonka border on I-494 Westbound), photo taken at 5pm CDT, Friday, March 27. This "Tuesday" ad is new today (Friday).

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 28, 2015 00:29

Good it is not on Wednesday....smileys with beer

Date: March 28, 2015 00:34

Tuesday it is!

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...148149150151152153154155156157158...LastNext
Current Page: 153 of 168

This Thread has been closed