Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...143144145146147148149150151152153...LastNext
Current Page: 148 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 25, 2015 20:39

Naturalust
Gfmsoccer
Also, AXS has a partnership with StubHub, so often you can see secondary Stones tickets for sale from the same site. Obviously those Stubhub tickets will be more expensive until prices drop toward the day of the show.

A promoter with direct partnerships to inflated secondary ticket sellers? ..what a scam. Why not just do the same thing with their own ticketing outlet/company? Do they have to preserve the image of themselves as selling only face value tickets when obviously they must be profiting from the secondary market too? How many great tickets do they immediately sluff off to StubHub knowing that they will get more profit? Love to see the inner workings of an entire shows worth of ticket movement although it is probably a highly guarded trade secret.

peace

Billy Joel dumped 1000 tickets per show on stubhub for his monthly run at MSG last year

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 25, 2015 20:43

The whole ticket deal top to bottom is one giant fraud meant to separate us from our hard earned dollars and limit access to face value tickets.

I bought pit tickets to the Philly show in 2013 on the secondary market. When I met up with the guy to get them, he had a STACK of pit tix, all awaiting delivery to folks who'd bought them from him. Every one of them was stamped "band promotion" or something, I cannot recall exactly but my point is, those tickets were never available to the general public through the primary market.

The good news is, I pad less than face value, so no complaints but it doesn't usually work that way of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-25 20:45 by JN99.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 25, 2015 20:44

UndercoverLovingcup
treaclefingers
Dan
JumpinJeppeFlash
Mick Taylor is not a member of the band. It was nice to see him during shows 2012-2014 but enough is enough.

The thing is they are not even a real band anymore, just people who are playing their band's songs. And a lot of those songs would benefit from another guitar player.

you just blew my mind, man.

The Stones are their own best cover band...and have been for quite some time now...if we are to be honest with ourselves. They are the best at it, no doubt, but too many shows are just mailed in. I fear that will be the case for most of this tour since many of these have not seen the band in quite some time.

Like the shows in Tel Aviv, Abu Dhabi, and other first time cities, ...no risks...just the motions...then straight to the bank to cash the cheque

Don't be so silly
If the stones do a show it does not finish till late at night so going straight to the bank to deposit the cheque would not be possible as banks are not open that late at night.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 25, 2015 20:54

We can write and assumpt hundreds of pages on this board whether Amex is presale or if Mick Taylor will be joining or not. I think we just should calm down and waiting on a reliable announcement. All the rest will be déjà vu in a glimpse of a second by then. So scale down relax have a beer or a nice glass of wine and enjoy life. It might be short anyway...

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: March 25, 2015 21:05

Nate
UndercoverLovingcup
treaclefingers
Dan
JumpinJeppeFlash
Mick Taylor is not a member of the band. It was nice to see him during shows 2012-2014 but enough is enough.

The thing is they are not even a real band anymore, just people who are playing their band's songs. And a lot of those songs would benefit from another guitar player.

The Stones are their own best cover band...and have been for quite some time now...if we are to be honest with ourselves. They are the best at it, no doubt, but too many shows are just mailed in. I fear that will be the case for most of this tour since many of these have not seen the band in quite some time.

Like the shows in Tel Aviv, Abu Dhabi, and other first time cities, ...no risks...just the motions...then straight to the bank to cash the cheque

Don't be so silly
If the stones do a show it does not finish till late at night so going straight to the bank to deposit the cheque would not be possible as banks are not open that late at night.

Nate thumbs up

They probably have the limo driver stop at an ATM on the way back to the hotel.
I wonder what Mick's PIN is...?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 25, 2015 21:05

Words of wisdom but isn't it fun to speculate/worry when you're a true fan ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 25, 2015 21:16

6s7s9s
Nate
UndercoverLovingcup
treaclefingers
Dan
JumpinJeppeFlash

Don't be so silly

Nate thumbs up

Now THATS fun posting...thanks Nate...thanks 679( (Micks PIN # ?)

JN99
When I met up with the guy to get them, he had a STACK of pit tix, all awaiting delivery to folks who'd bought them from him. Every one of them was stamped "band promotion" or something, I cannot recall exactly but my point is, those tickets were never available to the general public through the primary market.

There are ALWAYS folks selling tkts with NO face value on them...usually gotten thru local promtional deals from corperate sales and stuff like that. They get some free tickets from their job and then sell them instead of going. Hate those faces! LEt your co-workers go who want to enjoy the show. Now, papering the venue is the same thing...hundreds or thousands of free tickets given out by the promoter to fill up the seats ...I love it when that happens...the scalpers take a real hit that evening!!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 25, 2015 21:17

DeanGoodman
lem motlow
its a good bet that this entire problem was caused by that idiot mayor of nashville karl dean.

the slick little lawyer/mayor tried to pull a fast one and hijack the stones annoucement by running in front of the cameras and telling the world"the stones are playing nashville" as soon as the hard dates were released.

I don't think he's that powerful.

Someone asked him a question, evidently at an unrelated event, and he simply said there would be an announcement the next day at LP Field. A public official giving an honest answer is a rarity these days, and I think we were all pleased to get confirmation of the venue if nothing else.

Anyway, the Pittsburgh date had already been accidentally leaked on Canadian radio when Lisa's festival gig was announced, and many of the other dates and shows were fairly strongly rumored.

The Stones, or rather, AEG, lost control of the narrative. And the billboards were/are a marketing fiasco. They have only themselves to blame. Such a far cry from the exciting days of flatbed trucks, blimps, Brooklyn Bridge crossings, etc. Quite frankly, it's all a bit ominous.

i know you're just trying to give the guy a fair shake dean but what he said was HE was doing an announcement at lp field,in another words jumping in front of the cameras.i'm not saying he's that powerful,just annoying like trump in the story i used in my first post.
i'm probably wrong but if i see the band in front of the cameras this time [instead of the roll out like the 50 tour] i'm gonna thank karl dean anyway

the blimps,trains and automobiles tour kick-off had run its course and was ready to cross the line from clever to ridiculous pretty quick.i think they were right to end it but those were some good times..

Date: March 25, 2015 21:23

UndercoverLovingcup
treaclefingers
Dan
JumpinJeppeFlash

Abu Dhabi: Keith inviting Taylor on stage for Slipping Away behind Mick's back is not to take risks?

It was risky enough. He had to re-start the song grinning smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 25, 2015 21:33

Sue Acuma send me this info:

Sue Acuma
"My sister was in a movie theater over the weekend in the DC area and during the movie trailers they played Start Me Up with parts of the teaser videos ending with the tongue logo and just the saying 'Coming Soon'."

Since this was not for promoting justakissaway.rocks, this, IMHO, solely points to the tour! That's a new item in the marketing mix - I can't remember them doing cinema ads before.

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: March 25, 2015 21:35

I'm looking at them and it strikes me there is a lot of thought behind these rumored set of dates...there are a lot of "migrational" type dates, ie Buffalo which covers a range of everything from Cleveland to Hamilton to Toronto, or Milwaukee which isn't just Milwaukee, but canvases the territory of Chicago, Green Bay, even Minneapolis. Raleigh NC is by itself, kinda not really a BIG DEAL as a place or big city location on its own (sorry if that offends anyone who's from there) but with the Stones as a magnet, they can pull in people from Asheville, Charleston, plus the affluent Virginia suburbs and Washington DC to the north. And of course the centerpiece of the tour is that Indianpolis date, which being that its July 4th weekend, will no doubt pull people from all four directions. The billboards are fun, but these dates are clearly aimed at more than just the people that live in these actual cities. To me it's planned to be migrational, or for fans to make economical but fun road trips to see the band, right from the start.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 25, 2015 21:46

Turning To Gold
I'm looking at them and it strikes me there is a lot of thought behind these rumored set of dates...there are a lot of "migrational" type dates, ie Buffalo which covers a range of everything from Cleveland to Hamilton to Toronto, or Milwaukee which isn't just Milwaukee, but canvases the territory of Chicago, Green Bay, even Minneapolis. Raleigh NC is by itself, kinda not really a BIG DEAL as a place or big city location on its own (sorry if that offends anyone who's from there) but with the Stones as a magnet, they can pull in people from Asheville, Charleston, plus the affluent Virginia suburbs and Washington DC to the north. And of course the centerpiece of the tour is that Indianpolis date, which being that its July 4th weekend, will no doubt pull people from all four directions. The billboards are fun, but these dates are clearly aimed at more than just the people that live in these actual cities. To me it's planned to be migrational, or for fans to make economical but fun road trips to see the band, right from the start.

I agree... Hence the "Just a Kiss Away" rumored title for the tour.

The only area of the country not within a days driving (or a kiss away) is the Pacific Northwest... Bring on the Billboard.. Seattle!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 25, 2015 21:56

KennedyLetsWork
I am having visions of Mick sitting in a control room like Mr. Burns, with dozens of monitors showing all of the message boards and billboards.

"They're all behaving, Charlie. Excellent....."

i just had to bring this back once more for an encore, when i first read it i actually pictured a mick/mr burns hybrid in my mind.f'n hilarious.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 25, 2015 22:00

DandelionPowderman

Abu Dhabi: Keith inviting Taylor on stage for Slipping Away behind Mick's back is not to take risks?

Risking what exactly? Mick's wrath? I think Keith is beyond concern about that. Musical risk? Restarting a song is kind of cool, intimate and humanizing. Loved when Layne Staley screwed up on Alice in Chains Unplugged. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 25, 2015 22:28

Ya that whole Ticketmaster resale option floored me the first time I saw it. Recently seats that I was in the process of purchasing when their system crashed, were seen 15 minutes later on the resale site at 3x the original cost. The more I think about it the more I'm aiming at securing seats to the smaller shows and taking the chance waiting for the monster shows seats.
It INFURIATES me seeing those scumbags representing both the primary and secondary markets...this seems so not right.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 25, 2015 23:01

Naturalust
DandelionPowderman

Risking what exactly? Mick's wrath? I think Keith is beyond concern about that. Musical risk? Restarting a song is kind of cool, intimate and humanizing. Loved when Layne Staley screwed up on Alice in Chains Unplugged. smoking smiley

peace

I don't think having Taylor come on 'cold' and step into a song like MR was the best thing for Taylor, band or audience. Clapton can walk on cold and do a simple Champagne and Reefer...but he IS Eric Clapton. Taylor walking in to a varying somewhat loose MR, jumping in and magic happening was not well thought out. Having him play a mini-set of 3 or 4 songs, getting warmed up with the band, dealing with sound and vibe of the show would seem much better.

They might even discover that at approx 70 yrs old they could sound better with 3 guitars...and at least the 3rd guitar would be Taylor and not Mick or Blondie.

Date: March 25, 2015 23:06

Yes ticket presales don't always give the best seats, those are released later after they sell out the average seats for above average prices. Sometimes patience is the key to getting a better seat. I'm going to wait and see what the presale has to offer before jumping on the first ticket that pops up. If they offer $450 for a stadium show to be in the mid-upper levels I'm holding off until more tickets drop later. This isn't Europe, where everyone jumped all over it for arena shows, stadium shows with more seats take longer to sell out.

Date: March 25, 2015 23:08

Naturalust
DandelionPowderman

peace

Yep, Mick's wrath indeed. That incident (and what happened prior to it) was a big deal, a bird whispered to me smiling smiley

Musically, Picking up SA and CBS again obviously was risky for Keith. I have never heard a bigger collective fvck up than CBS on the opening night in Oslo.

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: March 25, 2015 23:54

DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
DandelionPowderman

peace
Yes, I also heard from a little bird that the Keith/Taylor moment you write of caused a lot of problems. What the final fallout was is still not clear but it was not pretty...

-----

Also, if you look at the cities for this tour they are not only drivable but surrounded by affordable hotels. If I, being in Indy, only have the option of flying to NYC for a show I have to calculate flight (200+), hotel (300), taxis (100), food & drink (100), show ticket (150+) = $850 plus for just me for one show.

A drivable show is gas (50), hotel (100), food & drink (maybe 75), show ticket (100 tops) = $325 just for me. If I share the gas and the room it starts to be around $175. See the difference. That's a huge savings for regular fans. And it will be summer so the driving is easy.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 26, 2015 00:07

6s7s9s
Nate
UndercoverLovingcup
treaclefingers
Dan
JumpinJeppeFlash

Don't be so silly

Nate thumbs up

You guys are funny, but the reality is even better for the Stones. I worked on one Stones tour contract (does that make me an "insider"?) and like all major acts their money is paid before the show even starts - part paid directly and the rest sitting in an escrow account at a UK bank. As soon as the show is delivered, the escrowed money can only be paid to the Stones.

Date: March 26, 2015 01:48

I agree with your post Indystones- around $175-$200 is a comfortable level. Also, being there another day you can do other stuff as well.
Although I prefer my $10 Philly/AC total transportation cost-shows, I do go to DC/Bal/NY.
However, I think $800 for Buffalo could be out of reach for me, but 2013 the costs were $800 for many people- It is fair this time as now others get a chance.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 26, 2015 04:49

Maybe just maybe the announcement will come tomorrow

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-26 04:53 by stones2000.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 26, 2015 05:22

stones2000

Do you have some info about it or is it just wishful thinking?

Date: March 26, 2015 05:29

Cristiano Radtke
stones2000

Do you have some info about it or is it just wishful thinking?

Just wishful thinking smiling smiley

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: March 26, 2015 06:29

Relax and have a drink and smoke a doob for all good things come to those who wait. Their not going to leave us hanging longer than another week they know their fans need time to make plans as they do themselves they've only been doing this on this scale for some 40 odd years now.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 26, 2015 07:19

I think their will be an anouncement today. If I'm not mistaken the signs said Thursday and today is Thursday. Not worried now - but if the week ends without
A word then I may get worried. Although, Mick must be up to Somthing in NYC...

Date: March 26, 2015 07:28

swimtothemoon
I think their will be an anouncement today. If I'm not mistaken the signs said Thursday and today is Thursday. Not worried now - but if the week ends without
A word then I may get worried. Although, Mick must be up to Somthing in NYC...

I'm hoping today...I won't get worried until the 31st (if there's no announcement yet)

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 26, 2015 07:41

Agreed I will officially begin the worry on April 1st at a minute past midnight.
Until then all is well and a great summer tour just around the corner.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: March 26, 2015 07:59

Hopefully this doesn't drag on into April 1st but if it does then I would have concern something is a foot and not good. Be a damn shame if it was to fall thru the floor but at this juncture we must remain positive. Let the haters stay home who needs them whining about.

Date: March 26, 2015 08:02

swimtothemoon
Agreed I will officially begin the worry on April 1st at a minute past midnight.
Until then all is well and a great summer tour just around the corner.

For sure! if I'm not mistaken, I think BV said that the announcement would be this month. And he would know. So I see no reason to get worried. If Bjornulf gets worried, then we got a problem!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...143144145146147148149150151152153...LastNext
Current Page: 148 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2191
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home