Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...146147148149150151152153154155156...LastNext
Current Page: 151 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 01:59

bleedingman
Naturalust
UKRod
they owe the country of their birth a big UK tour, in my humble opinion, including Hyde Park as a finale to their illustrious career.

Don't think they owe anybody or anyplace anything at this point, but I understand your point. I believe they will truly set the stage for their exit with a few shows in England, I'm guessing sometime in 2016. I doubt Charlie will want to continue after that, maybe a few one-offs.

peace

One would think that as a knight of The Royal Empire, Sir Mick has technically sworn his eternal allegiance to prioritizing gigs in the UK.

All they owe is great music, performed with passion to whoever buys a ticket, wherever it is.

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: March 27, 2015 02:03

Perhaps the last shows, whenever they happen, will be a series of smaller club shows around Englad, coming full circle.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 27, 2015 02:29

From Stonesnews.com:

"So far, we have 17 rumoured, nevertheless likely gigs for this tour, here in alphabetical order: Arlington, Atlanta, Buffalo, Columbus, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Nashville, Orlando, Pittsburgh, Quebec City, Raleigh, Salt Lake City or Seattle, San Diego. Tourstart is likely to be LA (warm-up gig or Sticky-Fingers-special?) or San Diego."

Does that mean Denver is out? I thought things were leaning in its favour.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 27, 2015 02:34

jrcjohnny99
[email protected]
While waiting for Buffalo to go on sale, what shows have other people purchased?Ithink so far I purchased Madonna and Shania Twain. Outside from us here, is it possible they will lose out to the casual fan who has committed summer budget to country acts, ampitheatre shows etc.....

I would imagine AC/DC, U2 and the just announced Van Halen tour to be the biggest competitors for Stones $'s.

tell me you don't actually believe that.

Date: March 27, 2015 02:45

indystonesfan
Perhaps the last shows, whenever they happen, will be a series of smaller club shows around Englad, coming full circle.

Disagree...they will never go out like that. Jagger's insane ego won't permit it...nor will there ever be a farewell tour. You will know it was the farewell AFTER it has completed (or during eye popping smiley ) when someone drops to take the dirt nap...unless Charlie just says its time for him to just play with his horses...No Charlie...No Band.

Date: March 27, 2015 02:47

treaclefingers
jrcjohnny99
[email protected]
While waiting for Buffalo to go on sale, what shows have other people purchased?Ithink so far I purchased Madonna and Shania Twain. Outside from us here, is it possible they will lose out to the casual fan who has committed summer budget to country acts, ampitheatre shows etc.....

I would imagine AC/DC, U2 and the just announced Van Halen tour to be the biggest competitors for Stones $'s.

I think U2 will take gross for this year.Those kids planned the tour right. A markets only...selling out each city and adding to only the AA+ cities...8 nights in NY...5 in LA...5 in Chicago...4 Montreal...4 in Boston....then out of the blue...add another city (Denver i think). They basically DOUBLED the size of the tour...all without loosing a single dollar

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-27 02:51 by UndercoverLovingcup.

Date: March 27, 2015 03:09

[email protected]

Those sound like they will be good shows. Waiting for Buffalo as well, and perhaps Quebec City too my dad tells me!

AC/DC at Ford Field in Detroit, September 8th & Downsview Park in Toronto, September 10th--wish they had chosen Rogers Centre but oh well.

Taylor Swift at Rogers Centre in Toronto, October 3rd.

The Who at Air Canada Centre in Toronto, October 21st.

Robert Plant at Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto on June 7th intrigues me, grandma's birthday though so we'll see.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 27, 2015 03:11

DeanGoodman
UKRod
Seems like the Stones are ignoring the UK again, after they did a huge European tour in 2014 plus Japan, the Gulf, Australia and New Zealand. Try waiting until possibly 2016 to see them again, if at all, then you might have something to be frustrated and impatient about.The huge ticket prices plus travel costs and accommodation will be prohibitive for most UK fans to get to the USA to see them. Commercial considerations aside, they owe the country of their birth a big UK tour, in my humble opinion, including Hyde Park as a finale to their illustrious career.

Last year's European tour was hardly "huge" - just 13 dates + Israel. UK fans could have flown shorthaul on a budget airline to any of them, just as long-suffering central European fans would have had to. And now many people in North America face a similar issue.

We have been warned time and time again on IORR that the Stones will not necessarily come to us, that we must go to them, and time is running out.

The Stones do not owe us anything. We owe it to ourselves to see them (subject to outrageous ticket pricing).

Totally agree. And I'd like to emphasize that in the US, most people don't live in the huge urban areas where these shows will take place, and will be traveling hundreds of miles in many cases. Most of the stops are also in places they didn't play on the last US tour. (And even now, the closest they're coming to me is a five-hour drive.)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 27, 2015 03:56

Closest to Seattle is 19hours to San Diego... And the y didn't come this way last tour... Seems like a lock for the May 27th show.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 04:08

MisterDDDD
Closest to Seattle is 19hours to San Diego... And the y didn't come this way last tour... Seems like a lock for the May 27th show.

Sorry, you mean you think Seattle will get the 27th? I hope you're right. It's been 9 years since the last Northwest show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-27 04:21 by stones2000.

Posted by: Rolling1 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 04:29

Look at all the Jam Bands in Chicago 7/2 thru 7/6 for the dead shows, that city will bring in at least a 100 million in tourist money. you have MOE for 2 days, Dark Star Orchestra for 2 or 3 days, and this which sold out more than a month ago [gratefulball.com] and there are many many more going on after those shows, if the stones are playing Indianapolis Speedway 7/4 they had better put a damm good line up on the table cause 10's of thousands of people will be in chicago.

Date: March 27, 2015 04:31

Rolling1
Look at all the Jam Bands in Chicago 7/2 thru 7/6 for the dead shows, that city will bring in at least a 100 million in tourist money. you have MOE for 2 days, Dark Star Orchestra for 2 or 3 days, and this which sold out more than a month ago [gratefulball.com] and there are many many more going on after those shows, if the stones are playing Indianapolis Speedway 7/4 they had better put a damm good line up on the table cause 10's of thousands of people will be in chicago.

They already are a damn good lineup.

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 27, 2015 04:41

i think vermont deserves a showsmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Rolling1 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 04:44

treaclefingers
Rolling1

I'm speaking of ticket sales. you have a MAJOR concert going on in chicago that weekend and the week before you have U2 for 5 nights. And if chicago is drawing in that much of the regions concert money its going to be real hard for a promoter to break even in indianpolis. No worries here as I'll be there and Kansas City too, i've seen them around 30 shows since 1978.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 27, 2015 04:47

[email protected]

The Who, Rush, Jimmy Buffett.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: March 27, 2015 04:56

kovach
[email protected]

The Who, Rush, Jimmy Buffett.

I'll be doing some Grateful Dead shows.

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 27, 2015 04:59

Waterboys

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: March 27, 2015 05:07

Indystonesfan. I'd say a handful of shows at RAH and one final performance at The Marquee. And on the Marquee show play sets just like a bar band with small breaks in between and NOTHING BUT THE BLUES!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 27, 2015 08:12

UndercoverLovingcup
treaclefingers
jrcjohnny99
[email protected]

I think U2 will take gross for this year.Those kids planned the tour right. A markets only...selling out each city and adding to only the AA+ cities...8 nights in NY...5 in LA...5 in Chicago...4 Montreal...4 in Boston....then out of the blue...add another city (Denver i think). They basically DOUBLED the size of the tour...all without loosing a single dollar

One thing to note is that many of the U2 shows have not sold out, so my guess is they were precontracted. Even worse is Madonna - for some reason, the public seems to have lost interest, as ticket sales are very slow.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 27, 2015 12:47

Cristiano Radtke

I've saw this on twitter today, and I think this billboard is located near Indianapolis.

[twitter.com]

Yes, that is right in front of the Indiana State Fairgrounds. Ironically, the Stones played there on July 9, 1966 (less than 2 months after I was born!). I just looked at the `66 tour - they played 30 shows in 34 days!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rolling_Stones_American_Tour_1966

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: March 27, 2015 12:53

I wonder why none of the rumored shows are in AEG stadiums. They own or operate the following stadiums in the US:

BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston, TX
O.co Coliseum - Oakland, CA
StubHub Center - Carson, CA
Toyota Stadium - Dallas, TX

http://www.aegworldwide.com/facilities/stadiums/stadiums

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: DanielCT ()
Date: March 27, 2015 14:20

[email protected]

It's going to be a busy summer for me - here's what I have so far -

Rush - 6/23 Boston
John Fogerty - 6/25 Mohegan Sun
Eagles - 7/15 Hartford
U2 - 7/14 Boston, 7/26, 27, 30 & 31 NYC

Possibly Brian Wilson on 7/2 in Boston as well.

Of course the Stones will trump any of those if need be.

Posted by: rltsurf ()
Date: March 27, 2015 14:36

So are reloadsble prepaid Amex cards the way to get presale tickets?

Date: March 27, 2015 14:44

Rolling1
treaclefingers
Rolling1

I'm speaking of ticket sales. you have a MAJOR concert going on in chicago that weekend and the week before you have U2 for 5 nights. And if chicago is drawing in that much of the regions concert money its going to be real hard for a promoter to break even in indianpolis. No worries here as I'll be there and Kansas City too, i've seen them around 30 shows since 1978.

I'm talking about ticket sales too...I'll be a monkey's uncle if Indianapolis sales are tepid, especially if they price it at 'non-arena' pricing.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 27, 2015 14:57

treaclefingers
Rolling1
treaclefingers
Rolling1

I'm talking about ticket sales too...I'll be a monkey's uncle if Indianapolis sales are tepid, especially if they price it at 'non-arena' pricing.

What do you consider "non-arena" pricing?

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 15:56

treaclefingers
jrcjohnny99
[email protected]

Van Halen are still surprisingly popular in Middle America; with their tix going on sale next weekend there's a lot of folks who are trying to decide where to put their money.
A work colleague told me he was going to go for the top price VH ticket and hope the Stones had something under $100 so he could do both...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 27, 2015 16:01

U2 - x2 in LA, the same week Stone should be in San Diego.
End of July - AC/DC in Glasgow; Who in Hyde Park (don't have tix yet, but pretty sure I'll be going)
After it's over - in September, 3 shows looking forward to - Social Distortion, AC/DC (again) and Foo Fighters in LA.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 27, 2015 16:06

Thursdays are passing by…

Date: March 27, 2015 16:10

Definately a busy summer for concerts!!!

Can't get to them all. Had great seats to U2 in Chicago and sold them for a small profit on the Ticketmaster Resale.

I hated that but the ROLLING STONES COME FIRST!

And I think U2 will be back with the victory lap and hit some southern cities.

Wouldn't mind seeing Eddie VanHalen one more time. David Lee is hard to watch.

Sammy Hagar also this summer. He has a great band and is a fun concert.

Kid Rock also fun and cheap.

Aerosmith just because they like the Stones I would like to catch them

What a great Summer it will be!

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: March 27, 2015 16:13

Diamond Dave? He rules man!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...146147148149150151152153154155156...LastNext
Current Page: 151 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1225