Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...127128129130131132133134135136137...LastNext
Current Page: 132 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: beargains ()
Date: March 20, 2015 17:11

While I may agree with you on the limited meaning of a marketing campaign in movie theaters, still my financial objection about one single concert in San Diego stands...
Therefore, IMHO, either the RS with completely skip California (a real possibility) or there will be three or four concerts at least.
It doesn't make any financial sense to have ONE show only in San Diego.
How are they going to make money having to carry tons of stuff for one show only?
I honestly don't think it's going to happen... instead, they may travel around the East side of the U.S. postponing the West to a later stage... this may happen.
Again, IMHO

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: March 20, 2015 17:13

A tour announcement should be any day now.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 17:21

Well, it is not exactly exciting news, since it looked certain the tour was to be announced yesterday :-)

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 17:22

birdie

...a little birdie told me...

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 17:23

treaclefingers
stones2000
Maindefender
stones2000
So was it just an empty rumor that they would be adding a few shows during the delay? Or does it have truth to it

I understand you ask great questions stones2000 but honestly you have to chill. Until official word comes from the band (and BV because this is his site), we all just have to wait. It's not easy for me also but there's nothing more we can do.

Yeah you're right sorry. There's just so much that's uncertain right now

I don't think there's any need to apologize. So much speculation right now, understandable that one is just trying to get the facts. If you want anything more definitive, just go here : [www.iorr.org]

Well thank you for being so understanding. Yeah the rumors are wild sometimes. Yeah thanks for the link, I check that one out too often.

Date: March 20, 2015 17:24

PaintitBlue
Agreed noone needs to apologize for being excited

Thanks...we're all pretty excited!

Date: March 20, 2015 17:25

MisterDDDD
stones2000
Maindefender
stones2000
So was it just an empty rumor that they would be adding a few shows during the delay? Or does it have truth to it

I understand you ask great questions stones2000 but honestly you have to chill. Until official word comes from the band (and BV because this is his site), we all just have to wait. It's not easy for me also but there's nothing more we can do.

Gotta hand it to ya' 2000.. you are persistent, and all over it.
Certain to result in getting "What you need"...

Haha I try...this thread is great for all the latest rumors

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 20, 2015 17:26

Iris, are you from Bridgeport, I grew up in Fairfield

Date: March 20, 2015 17:26

massmick
MisterDDDD
stones2000
Maindefender
stones2000

Gotta hand it to ya' 2000.. you are persistent, and all over it.
Certain to result in getting "What you need"...

us donkeys want that carrot.....CUT THE STRING DAMN IT!

Yeah it'll be nice when they do

Posted by: JiminNB ()
Date: March 20, 2015 17:28

Yep I live in God's, Allah's Budha's (not necessarly in that order) country. Just wished spring would arrive - I have over 5' of sitting in my back yard!
Quebec City 15 July!!!

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 17:31

Quebec City won't be confirm before April 8. Tickets on sale april 9

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: March 20, 2015 17:36

DREAMTIME
1. Colorado will be between San Diego & Columbus 27 May.
2. 3 shows at Forest Hills NYC after the tour and not announced until most stadiums are sold.

if 2. was for real, any idea when this would be? Mick's birthday party or the weekend before?

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Date: March 20, 2015 17:36

Read yesterday in PQ newspapers that the Stones had a pile of rooms booked in a hotel in Quebec City. Great news! Of course it doesn't take much to cancel room bookings eh? in case anyone was wondering what I have 5' of in the back yard (side and front too) - it's frigging snow!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 20, 2015 17:58

JiminNB
Read yesterday in PQ newspapers that the Stones had a pile of rooms booked in a hotel in Quebec City. Great news! Of course it doesn't take much to cancel room bookings eh? in case anyone was wondering what I have 5' of in the back yard (side and front too) - it's frigging snow![/quote}
Jimi, you may have already posted this, but have you been to le festival they are rumored to be playing??.. and if so.. impressions for a show there??
Definitely on my short list.. thinking of doing a Detroit, Pittsburgh, Q C road trip if the schedule pans out that way..

Posted by: NoUseInCrying ()
Date: March 20, 2015 18:02

I would love to see them. Unfortunately I am not a surgeon, hedge fund manager, lawyer, celebrity. Just a regular joe that won't sell a vital body organ to afford what their tickets will be priced at.

$500, 800, $1,000.

Glad I got to see them a few times in the past without it being a major financial investment. MSG(NYC)$20, Shea(NYC)35 and RFK(Phila)$20.

Maybe if I wore a tight, black spandex skirt and carried a iPhone I could get invited in, maybe to the really expensive seats, and while the Stones were on stage I could just fiddle on the iPhone, totally unaware of my surroundings, looking totally bored.

Saw that on the pay-per-view a couple of years ago. So wrong and beyond stupid to pay that kind of money.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 20, 2015 18:08

NoUseInCrying
I would love to see them. Unfortunately I am not a surgeon, hedge fund manager, lawyer, celebrity. Just a regular joe that won't sell a vital body organ to afford what their tickets will be priced at.

$500, 800, $1,000.

Glad I got to see them a few times in the past without it being a major financial investment. MSG(NYC)$20, Shea(NYC)35 and RFK(Phila)$20.

Maybe if I wore a tight, black spandex skirt and carried a iPhone I could get invited in, maybe to the really expensive seats, and while the Stones were on stage I could just fiddle on the iPhone, totally unaware of my surroundings, looking totally bored.

Saw that on the pay-per-view a couple of years ago. So wrong and beyond stupid to pay that kind of money.

There's always deals to be had. Of course this is easier to do if the show is in your hometown, and you don't need to make travel plans. Then you can usually score below or well below cost last minute.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 18:08

JiminNB
Read yesterday in PQ newspapers that the Stones had a pile of rooms booked in a hotel in Quebec City. Great news! Of course it doesn't take much to cancel room bookings eh? in case anyone was wondering what I have 5' of in the back yard (side and front too) - it's frigging snow!

Had? As in no longer have?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 18:09 by JN99.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 18:10

NoUseInCrying

$500, 800, $1,000.

While I am sure we will see some up front tix and packages with these kind of price tags, no way prices can be this high and even fill 1/4 of an 80k seat stadium.

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: March 20, 2015 18:14

JiminNB
Yep I live in God's, Allah's Budha's (not necessarly in that order) country. Just wished spring would arrive - I have over 5' of sitting in my back yard!
Quebec City 15 July!!!
From a little south of ya Mr Jimmy (NS) and heading to QC as well, hopeful anyway. That amount of snow makes a dude look pretty ill sad smiley

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 20, 2015 18:20

JiminNB
Quebec City 15 July!!!

Oh I know...I am in the port city and would guess I have an 20 foot snow pile in my front yard...have booked in Quebec City myself

Date: March 20, 2015 18:23

MisterDDDD
JiminNB
Read yesterday in PQ newspapers that the Stones had a pile of rooms booked in a hotel in Quebec City. Great news! Of course it doesn't take much to cancel room bookings eh? in case anyone was wondering what I have 5' of in the back yard (side and front too) - it's frigging snow![/quote}
Jimi, you may have already posted this, but have you been to le festival they are rumored to be playing??.. and if so.. impressions for a show there??
Definitely on my short list.. thinking of doing a Detroit, Pittsburgh, Q C road trip if the schedule pans out that way..

Haven't been to the festival before but have always enjoyed visited Quebec City - Hotels rooms can be a bitch in the summer right across the whole province.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 20, 2015 18:24

birdie

I hope next Thursday.smiling smiley

Meanwhile, some Japanese rock fans get exciting Macca's BUDOKAN extra show in April 28th. It was confirmed today and ticket price is 100,000 yen(=800USD).

I won't buy, have to save money for Stones.>grinning smiley<

Date: March 20, 2015 18:26

JN99
JiminNB

Had? As in no longer have?

This pricing is not going to be true. I would bet that you're gonna see some solid seats in the sub $200 range.

Date: March 20, 2015 18:29

JiminNB
MisterDDDD
JiminNB

Haven't been to the festival before but have always enjoyed visited Quebec City - Hotels rooms can be a bitch in the summer right across the whole province.

Although I have not been to the "festival" per se I have been there for Roger Waters The wall show a couple years back. I am not a huge fan of open field festival sites but this is a pretty spectacular location in the plains of abraham right at the gates to Old Quebec. The stage sits at the bottom of a sloped hill thus great sight lines from all areas...and perhaps the best part of this site, and the only location I have seen this done...there were servers walking through the crowds with trays/boxes of beers and there were a big bank of potties located WITHIN The crowd. Pretty sweet setup. And anotherb onus is the passionate fans there. The rooms are not toooo bad at the moment or were not when I booked a couple days ago.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 20, 2015 18:33

stones2000

Why do you continue to say "rumours"? BV HIMSELF started this thread and he didn't add the word "rumours" to the title. Much/most of what is posted here is true and you'll see ONCE THE STONES THEMSELVES MAKE THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

TRUE:
1. There will be 14 shows announced. God willing for good health, etc.

2. The Quebec City Festival will (PERHAPS!!!!!!) be added later.

RUMOUR:
1. Ontario Canada NEVER gets snow!

TRUE:
1.I'm also living in God's country!!grinning smiley (Brrrrr........smiling smiley)

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 20, 2015 18:39

Thanks for the info on the potential Quebec site, jimi.

Gotta think it would be a stand alone concert at the site as opposed to being part of the festival.. otherwise tickets are on sale now for the event I believe.. Not sure how it would/could work but this is definitely the show (besides amphitheaters) of the tour, I'm thinking.

Date: March 20, 2015 18:40

Cocaine Eyes
stones2000

Why do you continue to say "rumours"? BV HIMSELF started this thread and he didn't add the word "rumours" to the title. Much/most of what is posted here is true and you'll see ONCE THE STONES THEMSELVES MAKE THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

TRUE:

RUMOUR:

TRUE:
1.I'm also living in God's country!!grinning smiley (Brrrrr........smiling smiley)

Did I miss something? Why will they wait to announce Quebec? It is in BVs list?

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 20, 2015 18:49

PaintitBlue
Cocaine Eyes
stones2000

TRUE:

RUMOUR:

TRUE:

No, you didn't miss anything. But the Quebec City gig is in a huge festival on the Plains of Abraham with many other acts. They are PLANNING to play there but there's a lot of red tape (for lack of a better phrase) involved when playing a festival......like SARS was.

Indeed, they want to play there and they most likely will play there. My info was that they'd announce the 14 shows with Quebec announced later as the 15th show.

OK? smiling smiley Oh, and yes......the hotel is booked and all that logistical stuff.

And of course I could be incorrect and they'll announce the entire shebang at once.grinning smiley

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: March 20, 2015 18:53

Hound dog I am from Bpt.. Still live there. 56 years. Did u leave Ct? I was hoping for a show closer to home but I've seen the Stones in Philly, NYC, Boston, Hartford, New Jersey, and Vegas. Where did u go to school?

Date: March 20, 2015 18:54

Cocaine Eyes
PaintitBlue
Cocaine Eyes
stones2000

TRUE:

RUMOUR:

TRUE:

No, you didn't miss anything. But the Quebec City gig is in a huge festival on the Plains of Abraham with many other acts. They are PLANNING to play there but there's a lot of red tape (for lack of a better phrase) involved when playing a festival......like SARS was.

Indeed, they want to play there and they most likely will play there. My info was that they'd announce the 14 shows with Quebec announced later as the 15th show.

OK? smiling smiley Oh, and yes......the hotel is booked and all that logistical stuff.

And of course I could be incorrect and they'll announce the entire shebang at once.grinning smiley

Ok I get it...you got speed freak eyes...its all coming together for me now.smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...127128129130131132133134135136137...LastNext
Current Page: 132 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2046
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home