Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...124125126127128129130131132133134...LastNext
Current Page: 129 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 20, 2015 04:02

Agreed got a crackup here on that one

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 20, 2015 04:43

I can't believe Milwaukee would be the only destination to get a smaller show...

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: March 20, 2015 04:49

I hope they come to Philadelphia. missed them the last time they were in town.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 20, 2015 05:35

DREAMTIME
I can't believe Milwaukee would be the only destination to get a smaller show...

And Milwaukee is still bigger than most of 2013 US tour venues.eye popping smiley

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 05:39

Man the activity on this thread has calmed down a lot since this afternoon

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 20, 2015 05:45

angee
For anyone in the Columbus, Ohio area, Fox/10 News airing at 10 pm will have an interview with
me on The Rolling Stones and the fans, related to my book! I won't be able to see it--am out of state--
lemme know how it goe, okay? I'm maybe 5 minutes or a little longer.

The interviewer was frustrated with us that the announcement didn't come out. I told him not
to worry, that the Ohio Stadium date was fairly solid. Hope I'm right. cool smiley

Interview is up on Fox news now. Here's the link...

[www.myfox28columbus.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 06:38 by josepi.

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: March 20, 2015 05:54

There are no rules in rock and roll

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 20, 2015 05:57

Heard it through the grapevine - announcement delayed to possibly March 31st.

Date: March 20, 2015 06:01

Hairball
Heard it through the grapevine - announcement delayed to possibly March 31st.

Aw man... That long? I can't think it would take them that long to sort out the issue

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 06:23

legal or health issue?? (let the speculation begin)

insurance issue?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 06:27 by Straycat13.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 06:28

New Name for Stones Tour:

Just An Insurance Policy Away

Posted by: Freejack ()
Date: March 20, 2015 06:36

bv
I wish I had an e-mail service to alert all IORR members, I probably do, but I need to look into it. Meanwhile, just visit IORR on a regular basis,

Thanks for the thought BV, but I'm glad we get to navigate back here and wade through the crowd to see if there is anything happening yet. It's like scoring dope on the street vs having it delivered. It's Only Rock N' Roll!

Posted by: FormerPromoMan ()
Date: March 20, 2015 07:00

EddieByword
On Wednesday night, Nashville, Tenn., TV station WKRN-2 reported that "an issue with the nationwide promoter's ticketing" is shifting the tour announcement to a date later than Thursday. ........... [www.indystar.com]

Perversely, I'm a little glad that it sounds like the Stones are having as good of a time as I usually do when dealing with those jerks!

Time for a new system!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 20, 2015 07:24

I am starting a new rumour: The announcement is delayed because they are in delicate negotiations with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman...They want the entire band intact that made Sticky Fingers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 07:25 by 71Tele.

Date: March 20, 2015 07:35

I kind of wonder if the dates are finalized already, or if they are still finishing up with some contracts...still hope for a Seattle or SLC stop? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: beargains ()
Date: March 20, 2015 07:39

Just FYO, yesterday night I watched a movie in Emeryville, California (NoCal actually) and 3 or 4 times during the trailers they showed ads about the upcoming Rolling Stones tour...
Now, nobody likes to waste money, it doesn't matter how wealthy one is... also, San Diego is pretty far from the Bay Area and out of an audience of 40K, maybe, MAYBE, 1K could be coming from NoCal...
Now, it doesn't make any financial sense to spend 1000s of advertising dollars (obviously, the ads are not shown only in the theather I've been, but all around the Bay Area) to drive 1K of fans to San Diego.
Therefore, the mysterious date on May 27th or 28th has to be in the Bay Area (Santa Clara or San Francisco).
Also, if the stage is BIG (as somebody else noticed here) also costs are BIG... and nobody would spend $K for freight for one show only in San Diego.
So, LA has to be first (one or two shows around May 20th/22th), then San Diego around May 24th/25th, then SF around May 27th/28th.
Either this or the RS will skip CAlifornia completely!

Date: March 20, 2015 07:43

beargains
Just FYO, yesterday night I watched a movie in Emeryville, California (NoCal actually) and 3 or 4 times during the trailers they showed ads about the upcoming Rolling Stones tour...
Now, nobody likes to waste money, it doesn't matter how wealthy one is... also, San Diego is pretty far from the Bay Area and out of an audience of 40K, maybe, MAYBE, 1K could be coming from NoCal...
Now, it doesn't make any financial sense to spend 1000s of advertising dollars (obviously, the ads are not shown only in the theather I've been, but all around the Bay Area) to drive 1K of fans to San Diego.
Therefore, the mysterious date on May 27th or 28th has to be in the Bay Area (Santa Clara or San Francisco).
Also, if the stage is BIG (as somebody else noticed here) also costs are BIG... and nobody would spend $K for freight for one show only in San Diego.
So, LA has to be first (one or two shows around May 20th/22th), then San Diego around May 24th/25th, then SF around May 27th/28th.

The mystery date could be Salt Lake City. Bjornulf mentioned SLC and Seattle as possibilities a little while ago. SLC is a lot closer to San Diego than Seattle, so it's possible. What do you think?

Date: March 20, 2015 07:49

As I wrote, whatever the mysterious date is going to be, they would not promote the tour in Emeryville without a show in the Bay Area... it just doesn't make any sense...

Date: March 20, 2015 07:51

Needless to say, I live in Oakland...smileys with beer

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 20, 2015 07:52

beargains

Excellent points and this may tie into the reason for the delay. If an early show in a major market isn't tied up nicely yet, it would make sense that they would delay the announcement. Delighted by the possibilities, Santa Clara basically is San Jose and that was on the last tour so San Francisco makes perfect sense.

peace

Date: March 20, 2015 07:54

Naturalust
beargains

Excellent points and this may tie into the reason for the delay. If an early show in a major market isn't tied up nicely yet, it would make sense that they would delay the announcement. Delighted by the possibilities, Santa Clara basically is San Jose and that was on the last tour so San Francisco makes perfect sense.

peace

I agree. And AT&T Park is empty for the end of May. And a lot of June.

Date: March 20, 2015 07:57

stones2000
Naturalust
beargains

peace

I agree. And AT&T Park is empty for the end of May. And a lot of June.

Oh crap sorry they aren't! I forgot to check for the obvious baseball game schedule...and it's full nearly every day in May and June. Sorry...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 07:59 by stones2000.

Date: March 20, 2015 08:00

I've just noticed that I've posted something not so consistent... If the RS would skip CA, then they would NOT promote anything at all in Emeryville...
Therefore, California is in, and the Bay Area too...
No doubts about this!
Then, when and where is open to discussion...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 20, 2015 08:02

Thursday came, Thursday went, and no announcement !!

Yes folks, this can mean only one thing. Those true masters of disasters (AEG) must be involved !!

Echoes of AEG's Rob Hallett and the "will it be this one or will it be that one" seating plan farce for the Stones in Hyde Park 2013 !!

Good luck to all those that are waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting .... and zzz zzz ... and zzz zzz ... and waiting ... and zzz ... and "f**k it all, someone call me & wake me up when something happens" !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: March 20, 2015 08:04

beargains
I've just noticed that I've posted something not so consistent... If the RS would skip CA, then they would NOT promote anything at all in Emeryville...
Therefore, California is in, and the Bay Area too...
No doubts about this!
Then, when and where is open to discussion...

And discuss we shall... Well San Diego is already confirmed by BV. A while ago he eliminated Santa Clara. But maybe it's being added after all? The most recent word on West Coast shows from him were when he referenced SLC. Which makes me think that could maybe be a possability for the tour, since it could tie in nicely with the California show(s).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 08:06 by stones2000.

Date: March 20, 2015 08:09

Beside anything else, it looks (maybe I'm wrong...) that we're all stuck with 15 shows in the U.S. total...
But... who said that?
I remember KR saying that "when the ball is rolling..." or similar...
So, why the U.S. Summer tour must have 15 shows only?
Nobody said that!
It can easily have 20+ shows.
Including Seattle, SLC, Denver, etc...
IMHO

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: March 20, 2015 08:16

swimtothemoon
ohotos
jumpontopofmebaby
If the tour gets cancelled then I am not going
Me neither. Thanks for the tip!

Yes, we should all get together and refuse to go to any of their
Cancelled concerts. Solidarity - this will show them!

Darn Tootin' that's right! We gotta draw the line somewhere! winking smiley

Date: March 20, 2015 08:16

beargains
Beside anything else, it looks (maybe I'm wrong...) that we're all stuck with 15 shows in the U.S. total...
But... who said that?
I remember KR saying that "when the ball is rolling..." or similar...
So, why the U.S. Summer tour must have 15 shows only?
Nobody said that!
It can easily have 20+ shows.
Including Seattle, SLC, Denver, etc...
IMHO

Wasn't there a rumor of them adding a few more shows during the delay?

Starting A NEW Thread! (BUFFALO)
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:55

Naturalust
Well if you want a new thread, start one...that's what the new Topic button is for, don't need bv to hold your hand(s). I do agree that a thread limited to actual tour information would be helpful.

peace

I don't need anyone to "hold my hand(s)".

So, the Stones are looking to play Buffalo on this 2015 tour.

Now.......let's see if this gets placed in with the top sticky!

I tried...............time to give up?sad smiley

CE smoking smiley

PS. Naturalust - my request was polite and kindly worded. No need for an impolite response.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 23:02 by Cocaine Eyes.

Re: Starting A NEW Thread! (BUFFALO)
Date: March 20, 2015 02:42

I booked a hotel in Buffalo - just in case. I live closer to Toronto but I'm not waiting.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...124125126127128129130131132133134...LastNext
Current Page: 129 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1978
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home