Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...128129130131132133134135136137138...LastNext
Current Page: 133 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 18:54

Cocaine Eyes
stones2000

Haha I try...this thread is great for all the latest rumors

Why do you continue to say "rumours"? BV HIMSELF started this thread and he didn't add the word "rumours" to the title. Much/most of what is posted here is true and you'll see ONCE THE STONES THEMSELVES MAKE THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

TRUE:
1. There will be 14 shows announced. God willing for good health, etc.

2. The Quebec City Festival will (PERHAPS!!!!!!) be added later.

RUMOUR:
1. Ontario Canada NEVER gets snow!

TRUE:
1.I'm also living in God's country!!grinning smiley (Brrrrr........smiling smiley)

I say "rumours" because people post things on this specific thread that are rumours. For example, the possible March 31st announcement date; neither the Stones or BV have said anything about that date. Same with ticket pricing....all rumours. But BV's "Tour 2015" page (not this one) certainly has nothing but reliable info. I will never call the info from that page rumours. But this page is left to us to speculate. And that's not to say this page doesn't have good, reliable info. But in general, I think this page is more designed for fans to speculate and talk about what we know.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 19:01 by stones2000.

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 20, 2015 19:21

bigpond
JiminNB
Yep I live in God's, Allah's Budha's (not necessarly in that order) country. Just wished spring would arrive - I have over 5' of sitting in my back yard!
Quebec City 15 July!!!
From a little south of ya Mr Jimmy (NS) and heading to QC as well, hopeful anyway. That amount of snow makes a dude look pretty ill sad smiley

i was thinking diesel kushsmoking smiley
where bouts in NB bro....ive got peeps in Caraquet, Bathurst and St Johns....and Charlottetown PEI.....meme was a Micmac.

Posted by: Donno34 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 19:30

eismann
DREAMTIME
1. Colorado will be between San Diego & Columbus 27 May.
2. 3 shows at Forest Hills NYC after the tour and not announced until most stadiums are sold.

if 2. was for real, any idea when this would be? Mick's birthday party or the weekend before?

Red Rocks is already booked May 27 so that aint happening.

Posted by: barkeeper ()
Date: March 20, 2015 19:40

I would settle for Mile High Stadium if I had to.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 20, 2015 19:40

Iris, I live in Colorado, had to get away from the fast paced east coast life, I was born in Bridgeport and lived in CT up until 2010. Crossing my fingers for a Red Rocks show!

Posted by: Donno34 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 19:47

barkeeper
I would settle for Mile High Stadium if I had to.

Me too, or Folsom Field.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 20, 2015 19:55

PaintitBlue
Cocaine Eyes
PaintitBlue
Cocaine Eyes
stones2000

Why do you continue to say "rumours"? BV HIMSELF started this thread and he didn't add the word "rumours" to the title. Much/most of what is posted here is true and you'll see ONCE THE STONES THEMSELVES MAKE THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

TRUE:

RUMOUR:

TRUE:
1.I'm also living in God's country!!grinning smiley (Brrrrr........smiling smiley)

Did I miss something? Why will they wait to announce Quebec? It is in BVs list?

No, you didn't miss anything. But the Quebec City gig is in a huge festival on the Plains of Abraham with many other acts. They are PLANNING to play there but there's a lot of red tape (for lack of a better phrase) involved when playing a festival......like SARS was.

Indeed, they want to play there and they most likely will play there. My info was that they'd announce the 14 shows with Quebec announced later as the 15th show.

OK? smiling smiley Oh, and yes......the hotel is booked and all that logistical stuff.

And of course I could be incorrect and they'll announce the entire shebang at once.grinning smiley

Ok I get it...you got speed freak eyes...its all coming together for me now.smileys with beer

LOVE your response!! Cool. Thanks much.grinning smiley Happy to help. (Not that *I*ever need explanations!! hot smiley)

Date: March 20, 2015 20:06

stones2000
I say "rumours" because people post things on this specific thread that are rumours. For example, the possible March 31st announcement date; neither the Stones or BV have said anything about that date

You must be new here. There are members who have inside connections. Sure, BV is one of them. But.......there are many more.

Fret not......you'll learn.smiling smiley

NOTE: The 31st March date is SETTLED AS OF TODAY. If things change tomorrow, you'll be informed. THAT does not make it a rumour!cool smiley (Haven't you ever changed your mind about something? Before you changed your mind, what you were thinking was not a rumour. You really PLANNED on doing that thing.)

Cripes..........spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 20, 2015 20:07

Cocaine Eyes
PaintitBlue
Cocaine Eyes
PaintitBlue
Cocaine Eyes
stones2000

TRUE:

RUMOUR:

TRUE:

Did I miss something? Why will they wait to announce Quebec? It is in BVs list?

No, you didn't miss anything. But the Quebec City gig is in a huge festival on the Plains of Abraham with many other acts. They are PLANNING to play there but there's a lot of red tape (for lack of a better phrase) involved when playing a festival......like SARS was.

Indeed, they want to play there and they most likely will play there. My info was that they'd announce the 14 shows with Quebec announced later as the 15th show.

OK? smiling smiley Oh, and yes......the hotel is booked and all that logistical stuff.

And of course I could be incorrect and they'll announce the entire shebang at once.grinning smiley

Ok I get it...you got speed freak eyes...its all coming together for me now.smileys with beer

LOVE your response!! Cool. Thanks much.grinning smiley Happy to help. (Not that *I*ever need explanations!! hot smiley)

As an aside there is no reason to believe they would not be "part" of the festival. They have mutiple big name acts every year and no reason this couldnt continue with the Stones. Roger Waters and AC DC were booked outside the festival dates as that appeared to be the only way to fit within their tour schedule...that doesnt seem to be the case here I would think both parties would want to take advantage of the fact its inside the schedule dates. Food for thought.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 20, 2015 20:16

Cocaine Eyes

There are members who have inside connections. Sure, BV is one of them. But.......there are many more.

Members with inside connections are easy to recognize. They're the ones who get bullied most when they post "hot" news. The get trash like "prove what you say". "This is BS and you're crazy" or "total nonsense". grinning smiley

Date: March 20, 2015 20:16

Totally agree.smiling smiley They'll be part of the show (God willing for health, happiness).

Unless the entire damned idea is a RUMOUR! grinning smiley

'Couldn't resist that corny line'.........

smoking smiley

Date: March 20, 2015 20:19

dcba
Cocaine Eyes

There are members who have inside connections. Sure, BV is one of them. But.......there are many more.

Members with inside connections are easy to recognize. They're the ones who get bullied most when they post "hot" news. The get trash like "prove what you say". "This is BS and you're crazy" or "total nonsense". grinning smiley

I'm afraid what you've posted is merely a RUMOUR!eye popping smiley

>grinning smiley<Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: spiderlegs ()
Date: March 20, 2015 20:21

Maybe, Maybe not. Hear from a reliable source.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 20:36

Cocaine Eyes
stones2000
I say "rumours" because people post things on this specific thread that are rumours. For example, the possible March 31st announcement date; neither the Stones or BV have said anything about that date

You must be new here. There are members who have inside connections. Sure, BV is one of them. But.......there are many more.

Fret not......you'll learn.smiling smiley

NOTE: The 31st March date is SETTLED AS OF TODAY. If things change tomorrow, you'll be informed. THAT does not make it a rumour!cool smiley (Haven't you ever changed your mind about something? Before you changed your mind, what you were thinking was not a rumour. You really PLANNED on doing that thing.)

Cripes..........spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Yeah I am new here (about 3 weeks). I knew other people claimed to have inside knowledge, but I didn't know whether they were just messing around. But if you say they're reliable, I'll believe you-you've been here longer than me! smiling smiley I get what you're saying, too, about the rumour/fact thing. Thanks!

Date: March 20, 2015 20:42

Perhaps we are all the experts. Another persons hears does not make them an expert. That was what they heard. No one new or old has royalty rights, So get off your high horse. This not about you It is about some excited such as yourself about the Rolling Stonessmileys with beer

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 20, 2015 20:48

dcba
Cocaine Eyes

That's right! Problem is when you hear about talks and plans, report it here - and then nothing comes out of it or plans change...makes any insider look like a complete idiot. So better keep inside information for yourself, it's not meant for the general public anyway, that's what official announcements are for!

Posted by: beargains ()
Date: March 20, 2015 21:09

1. "... and under AEG Live, the world's second largest presenter of live music and entertainment events (after Live Nation).
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

2. THE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN SWEEPSTAKES RULES

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.

1. SPONSOR INFORMATION. The Ladies and Gentlemen Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by AEG Live Productions, LLC ("Sponsor"), having its principal place of business at 5750 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 501, Los Angeles, CA 90036-3638. The Sweepstakes entry period begins on March 19, 2015 at 11am ET and ends on March 31, 2015 at 11:59 pm ET (such period, the "Entry Period"). All times are based solely on Sponsor's computer clock.

So, what do we know here:

1. A company that ONLY sells tickets is having a sweepstake offering a trip for 2 to an undisclosed location = THERE'S GOING TO BE AT LEAST ONE EVENT BY THE ROLLING STONES (MOST LIKELY A TOUR)

2. The "event" will be undisclosed until March, 31st at midnight Eastern Time

3. (This point is just IMHO) Some people "in the know" much more than I am are 100% positive about a show in San Diego on May, 24th. My assumption is that, if this is true, there will be at least 3 or 4 shows in California... Otherwise, the whole thing is not going to be profitable, considering the massive costs of moving to the Southwestern most tip of the country tons of stuff for the show.

So: on April 1st (a very appropriate date), AEG will disclose the date of the tour that will include at least 3/4 stops on California + some more in the West side of the country. Maybe SLC, Phoenix, Denver, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver or Vegas. It may very well become a longer (and final) tour of the U.S. and the limit of 15 shows is not likely to be observed. KR himself said that "Once the ball is rolling..."

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 20, 2015 21:32

beargains
1. "... and under AEG Live, the world's second largest presenter of live music and entertainment events (after Live Nation).
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.

1. SPONSOR INFORMATION. The Ladies and Gentlemen Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by AEG Live Productions, LLC ("Sponsor"), having its principal place of business at 5750 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 501, Los Angeles, CA 90036-3638. The Sweepstakes entry period begins on March 19, 2015 at 11am ET and ends on March 31, 2015 at 11:59 pm ET (such period, the "Entry Period"). All times are based solely on Sponsor's computer clock.

1. A company that ONLY sells tickets is having a sweepstake offering a trip for 2 to an undisclosed location = THERE'S GOING TO BE AT LEAST ONE EVENT BY THE ROLLING STONES (MOST LIKELY A TOUR)

3. (This point is just IMHO) Some people "in the know" much more than I am are 100% positive about a show in San Diego on May, 24th. My assumption is that, if this is true, there will be at least 3 or 4 shows in California... Otherwise, the whole thing is not going to be profitable, considering the massive costs of moving to the Southwestern most tip of the country tons of stuff for the show.

So: on April 1st (a very appropriate date), AEG will disclose the date of the tour that will include at least 3/4 stops on California + some more in the West side of the country. Maybe SLC, Phoenix, Denver, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver or Vegas.
It may very well become a longer (and final) tour of the U.S. and the limit of 15 shows is not likely to be observed. KR himself said that "Once the ball is rolling..."

capitalism works!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 20, 2015 21:34

Donno34
eismann
DREAMTIME
1. Colorado will be between San Diego & Columbus 27 May.
2. 3 shows at Forest Hills NYC after the tour and not announced until most stadiums are sold.

if 2. was for real, any idea when this would be? Mick's birthday party or the weekend before?

Red Rocks is already booked May 27 so that aint happening.

i didn't say red rocks

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 21:40

beargains
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

So: on April 1st (a very appropriate date), AEG will disclose the date of the tour that will include at least 3/4 stops on California + some more in the West side of the country. Maybe SLC, Phoenix, Denver, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver or Vegas. It may very well become a longer (and final) tour of the U.S. and the limit of 15 shows is not likely to be observed. KR himself said that "Once the ball is rolling..."

At 52,000 tix at an average price of $150 is $7.7 million before you add in any sponsor underwriting which means its perfectly feasible for them just to set up for one show in CA.

Date: March 20, 2015 21:48

spiderlegs
No one new or old has royalty rights, So get off your high horse. This not about you It is about some excited such as yourself about the Rolling Stones

No royalty rights here. Just EXPERIENCE WITH THIS BAND; FIFTY-ONE YEARS OF IT. Sure , I'm an "old fart" but an "old fart" with this band. (The band are a bunch of "old farts" as well....if you choose to see it that way!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out)

No high horse involved. (OK, 'Wild Horses').

BTW: Politeness works better than smart ass comments.

smoking smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 20, 2015 21:48

beargains

The Sweepstakes participation period ends on March 31, 2015 at 11:59 pm ET. This doesn't mean that the draw is right after that and/or the winner gets the Grand Prize immediately.

From the Official Rules: "The drawing will be held on or about April 6, 2015. [...] The Selected Entrant will be notified on or about April 7, 2015."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 22:05 by Irix.

Posted by: footlooseman ()
Date: March 20, 2015 21:55

So: on April 1st (a very appropriate date), AEG will disclose the date of the tour that will include at least 3/4 stops on California + some more in the West side of the country. Maybe SLC, Phoenix, Denver, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver or Vegas. It may very well become a longer (and final) tour of the U.S. and the limit of 15 shows is not likely to be observed. KR himself said that "Once the ball is rolling...

so the train might really be coming into the station. wow

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: March 20, 2015 21:58

I like to believe this is all so that they can add the Santa Barbara Bowl which is obviously where they should have a 5 show stand (they don't do 5 night stands anymore).

Date: March 20, 2015 21:59

alimente

That's right! Problem is when you hear about talks and plans, report it here - and then nothing comes out of it or plans change...makes any insider look like a complete idiot. So better keep inside information for yourself, it's not meant for the general public anyway, that's what official announcements are for!

That is really good advice. Thanks.......I needed that today!smiling smiley (Problem is......BV has started a thread called "The Rolling Stones live in 2015". So what is one to do?)

Thanks anyway. Much appreciated. Don't get me wrong please......not blaming BV!!smiling bouncing smiley

smoking smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 20, 2015 22:01

treaclefingers

capitalism works!

Yup. But it won't last. (hopefully!)
It just can't. (because it eats itself, or better for worse: us!)

Sorry for being off-topic.
Here goes: I don't believe what @beargains posted! I say: the announcement is before March 31st or April 1st!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 20, 2015 22:44

stones2000
Cocaine Eyes
stones2000

TRUE:

RUMOUR:

TRUE:

I say "rumours" because people post things on this specific thread that are rumours. For example, the possible March 31st announcement date; neither the Stones or BV have said anything about that date. Same with ticket pricing....all rumours. But BV's "Tour 2015" page (not this one) certainly has nothing but reliable info. I will never call the info from that page rumours. But this page is left to us to speculate. And that's not to say this page doesn't have good, reliable info. But in general, I think this page is more designed for fans to speculate and talk about what we know.

Every show on the Tour 2015 page is still listed as "RUMOURED", so I see no problem with calling it rumors.
BV is a VERY reliabe source indeed, but until there is an official announcement and he changes them all to confirmed, these exact dates and locations are still "rumoured".

Stones to play Los Angeles At recording Studio May 23
Date: March 20, 2015 20:08

Stones to lay at small venue in Los Angeles May 23rd Day before San Diego Petco Park on May 24th

Re: Stones to play Los Angeles At recording Studio May 23
Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: March 20, 2015 20:09

Who will they lay?

Re: Stones to play Los Angeles At recording Studio May 23
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 20, 2015 20:12

A gig played in a recording studio? In a club?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...128129130131132133134135136137138...LastNext
Current Page: 133 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home