Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...123124125126127128129130131132133...LastNext
Current Page: 128 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:12

welshphil
Have reserved hotels in Pittsburgh ,Milwaukee and Kansas City . Have booked annual leave , now just need dates confirmed , to book flight from the U.K. ...Oh the wait !!!!!

Ha! Those are the same 3 gigs I quite fancied Phil. For the reason that travelling between them by land is much more do-able than any other consecutive trio of shows.

I'm a Scot living in near Swindon and I met a Welsh couple in GC in Stockholm last year. That wasn't you was it ?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:16

So with the clusterf*ck that #SatisfactionThursday turned out to be, do you think they will make the announcement ASAP, or next Thursday or a subsequent Thursday so to make best use of their #SatisfactionThursday promotion?

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:16

massmick
stones2000
mtaylor
stones2000
mtaylor
Cancelled, 15 concerts in London instead, amongst it BST

Yeah right eye rolling smiley
Bill W said: You want me, then London it is

Ok, but how does that mean the US tour is cancelled? Bv just said that there was just a slight delay. Maybe there will be England shows later, but not in place of the US tour

2000....just light fun....dont panic...have a quaalude(do they still make those?)...lorazapam then....u will get to rock
i feel bad for funnin ya...so...you got any bootlegs?....if we can figger out how to get your info to me Ill mail you some treats.

It's all good man sorry just hard to tell when someone's joking over the internet

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:17

ROPS
Rumors in FB,tour may be cancelled,lets hope its all BS.......

Rubbish.
they'll get it sorted.

Reportedly an un-named spokeswoman for the band stated "there will be no official announcement today".
Many news outlets across the USA have cited issues with ticketing as the reason for the delay in solidifying the tour dates.

[www.axs.com]

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:22

Mick says, "Baby, better come back maybe next week, 'cause you see I'm on a losing streak. I can't get no.... satisfaction."

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:26

open-g
ROPS

Rubbish.
they'll get it sorted.

Reportedly an un-named spokeswoman for the band stated "there will be no official announcement today".
Many news outlets across the USA have cited issues with ticketing as the reason for the delay in solidifying the tour dates.

[www.axs.com]
I wonder what kind of problems could there be with the tickets? l mean l am sure tickets were not supposed to be on sale today,prices?,They would have had that work out in advance,its strange,but indeed lets hope whatever the problem is,that it gets work out fast....

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:31

open-g
ROPS

Rubbish.
they'll get it sorted.

[www.axs.com]

If it's a facebook rumour, it would have to be true.

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:33

bv
Rule number one:
Read this page. The IORR NEWS. It will tell you everything that is important. It is editorial, i.e. it is not filled with smalltalk:

[www.iorr.org]

Rule number two:
Read the Tour Dates 2015 pages. They are updated at all times. They do also have info about WHAT is changed, when it changed, and how to get tickets:

[www.iorr.org]

Rule number three:
For all the smalltalk and any last minute comments coming in, please see the Tour 2015 talks on the IORR forum. Just use the link on the NEWS pages, bringing you directly to page 123, or use the link below, bringing you directly to page 126, or just use any other link and then select the "Goto Page To" link for the last/highest page number. Then read page by page backwards. It is not that many posts per day really. This is the link to the forum thread for the 2015 tour page 126 as of late afternoon Thursday March 19:

[www.iorr.org]

The above thread is actually the 2nd 2015 tour thread, and if I did open a new one now, it would be 10 pages long by tomorrow.

Rule number four:
Patience. They are running late. Someone is sweating and working hard. No use of blaming anyone. They are not happy with the delay, but we will get the confirmation soon. I wish I had an e-mail service to alert all IORR members, I probably do, but I need to look into it. Meanwhile, just visit IORR on a regular basis, following the above three links.

PS. This is a reprint of something I posted on the "A REQUEST To BV" thread. I am still here. It's just that there is nothing to say. They are not ready. Probably a rookie mistake, but let them sweat abit and work on it, we will get the announcement soon, and we will be the first to hear it.

BV, thanks for the update!!

Date: March 20, 2015 02:33

I think it will happen. I had a dream I went to another concert...lol

Date: March 20, 2015 02:37

I wonder what bv means by "soon" (about the announcement). I wonder if it'll be tommorow or the next few days...

Posted by: Jordan ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:39

Hopefully they sort things out and give us the info as soon as it's available, and not make us wait till another Thursday, just because of the failed #satisfactionthursday thing

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:44

Jordan
Hopefully they sort things out and give us the info as soon as it's available, and not make us wait till another Thursday, just because of the failed #satisfactionthursday thing
I think we will probably have an announcement rather sooner than later. If they would want to wait until next Thursday now to keep #satisfactionthursday running as their promo hashtag they would have probably kept the billboards up as well.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:47

jumpontopofmebaby
If the tour gets cancelled then I am not going

LOL. that's hilarious smiling smiley

Posted by: KennedyLetsWork ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:52

I heard a rumor that the tour announcement is delayed because of how annoyed the band has become with this thread....

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:58

grzegorz67
welshphil
Have reserved hotels in Pittsburgh ,Milwaukee and Kansas City . Have booked annual leave , now just need dates confirmed , to book flight from the U.K. ...Oh the wait !!!!!

Ha! Those are the same 3 gigs I quite fancied Phil. For the reason that travelling between them by land is much more do-able than any other consecutive trio of shows.

I'm a Scot living in near Swindon and I met a Welsh couple in GC in Stockholm last year. That wasn't you was it ?

The best route for 3 shows is Indianapolis/Detroit/Buffalo

Date: March 20, 2015 03:00

They technically have 6 more hours to get the ticket thing fixed and make the Thurs deadline...

Date: March 20, 2015 03:00

KennedyLetsWork
I heard a rumor that the tour announcement is delayed because of how annoyed the band has become with this thread....

Why? I know some people are negative towards the Stones because of the delay, but I'm certainly not one of them.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:10

massmick
bleedingman
Hairball
This has become quite the debacle....not the best way to start a new tour for the multitude of loyal fans,

Somebody should be fired (or at least shown the blade).

If, by midnight Hawaii time, there is no announcement, then the word of the day is "inauspicious":

INAUSPICIOUS
Synonyms: baleful, dire, direful, doomy, foreboding, ill, ill-boding, ominous, menacing, minatory, portentous, sinister, threatening

wow....panic attack aye?
relax...it aint that bad....deep breaths

Well for what it's worth, when bleedingman quoted me above he left out the crucial last sentence of my original statement:

"Meanhwile ...there's more important things in the world to be concerned about. drinking smiley "

No panic here, just biding my time while enjoying/tolerating the annoying delay.smoking smiley

Date: March 20, 2015 03:13

Since they've gotten rid of the billboards, wouldn't that imply that the announcement doesn't need to be on a Thursday anymore? I would think that now it'll be just whenever they're ready.

Date: March 20, 2015 03:18

custom55
ROPS
They are promoting a contest to win a trip so I think FB rumors are BS.

[www.justakissaway.rocks]

This contest has nothing to do with a this or any tour. Did you read the prizes?

Posted by: chipman61 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:19

Very disappointed today but let's all hope they get it all worked out very soon!

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:24

Kennedy let's work I was thinking the same thing. Lmao. Nudge Nudge Wink Wink.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:25

DREAMTIME
grzegorz67
welshphil

The best route for 3 shows is Indianapolis/Detroit/Buffalo

Thank you DREAMTIME, my knowledge of US Geography & logistics is somewhat imperfect. I've only visited once before - for the opening 2 nights of Licks in Boston/Foxboro so right on the coast and a locally resident Scottish friend helped too.

Date: March 20, 2015 03:35

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:44

ohotos
jumpontopofmebaby
If the tour gets cancelled then I am not going
Me neither. Thanks for the tip!

Yes, we should all get together and refuse to go to any of their
Cancelled concerts. Solidarity - this will show them!

Date: March 20, 2015 03:49

at least they're getting more press, i guess.....to fill those massive stadiums

Posted by: Jordan ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:50

Straycat13
at least they're getting more press, i guess.....to fill those massive stadiums
All part of the plan..

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:53

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:59

KennedyLetsWork

Funniest thing on IORR in ages!

Date: March 20, 2015 04:01

Still at the happy hour I mentioned a few threads back, watching the NCAA tournament. The selection show is kind of like the tour announcement, the first round is kind of like the Start Me Up/GetOff My Cloud IORR part of the show.

The middle rounds of the tournament are like where the upsets happen. This is like the Loving Cup, out of Control, one Hit to the body portion of the show.

After a while, the drama and unexpected wear off.

The final four is like the Sympathyy For the Devil- Brown Sugar- Can't Always Get What You Want and Satisfaction part of the show. It goes out with a bang.

Anyway, the professor who I was telling you guys about earlier had some trouble because he was trying to hit on some guys wife. thats a story for another time.

Anyway, we think there was NEVER an announcement for today.

Get this, the plan was to put up a bunch of billboards, hint there would be an announcement and then have the media give them free advertising by saying the press conference that was supposed to happen would be postponed.

Mick wasn't even in NYC until today. He and Keith are still talking and maybe shooting a video for next week's announcement.

The bit about the ticketing not being ready is just propaganda given that there was maybe no presale until the 26th anyway. Takes no time to load shows into the TM system- it is just some C++ code a college intern could do while trying to keep up with us. I write Excel macros every day (and even on weekends when not at Billy Joel shows) and I could have programmed the whole tour in a matter of minutes.

What they did today was ingenous, they created anxiety, publicity and demand.
This is going to move more tickets.

Also, we are even taking time off for the Sweet 16 tour as we speak.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...123124125126127128129130131132133...LastNext
Current Page: 128 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1527
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home