Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...125126127128129130131132133134135...LastNext
Current Page: 130 of 168
Re: Starting A NEW Thread! (BUFFALO)
Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:12

I have a hotel booked. Now need to get a confirmed concert date & I will books flight fromPhilly.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:15

If you looking for great chicken wings go to Duff's. Its about 10 min east of the stadium on Orchard Park Road.
If you want to check out Niagara Falls it about 45 min from Ralph Wilson stadium.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:15

Could it possibly be that the Stones have decided to close the USA portion of the tour and perhaps the entire tour with a final show in Buffalo? Yes it is early and maybe a bit premature, but for now, it looks mighty good on the IORR tour page.

What if it was their last show period? Would you want to be in the crowd at Buffalo NY?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:20

The Sicilian
Could it possibly be that the Stones have decided to close the USA portion of the tour and perhaps the entire tour with a final show in Buffalo? Yes it is early and maybe a bit premature, but for now, it looks mighty good on the IORR tour page.

What if it was their last show period? Would you want to be in the crowd at Buffalo NY?

I've lived in the Buffalo area all my life. Some of the greatest, nicest people you ever want to meet live here. There will be a lot of people here from S Ontario. Yes you would want to be here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 03:22 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:41

trying to figure out whether or not I should book a hotel room... was hoping I could just take the bus back straight after the concert but unfortunately there are no midnight buses.

Date: March 20, 2015 03:49

I am from South Jersey and still thinking of going. Could someone recommend where to stay etc.. Also, would it be possible to work in the baseball hall of fame?

I am convinced the best route would be a 75 minute flight then a rent a car to perhaps a comfort inn/holiday inn in Hamburg.

Then maybe getting up Sunday and driving to the hall of fame and maybe coming back tobuffalo that night.

I saw there was a company that did bus shuttles to events, but am I better off having a car and just driving back to hotel after concert

Also, how is Hamburg to stay in?

I am wavering but am thinking $300 flight + getting to airport + $200 hotel for 2 nights (might split with friends) + food + gas

It could be $1,000 to attend this show, which is the price of around 8 concerts I see in this area.

Is public transportation defintely out? Would also like to get back to Niagra falls as I have not been there since a high school band trip in 1990.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 20, 2015 03:56

Cocaine Eyes
Naturalust
Well if you want a new thread, start one...that's what the new Topic button is for, don't need bv to hold your hand(s). I do agree that a thread limited to actual tour information would be helpful.

peace

I don't need anyone to "hold my hand(s)".

So, the Stones are looking to play Buffalo on this 2015 tour.

Now.......let's see if this gets placed in with the top sticky!

I tried...............time to give up?sad smiley

CE smoking smiley

PS. Naturalust - my request was polite and kindly worded. No need for an impolite response.

Well it looks like you started the thread properly. I assume a couple threads
are kept towards the top due to the popularity and the important information
Contained. This makes these easy for us all to check for new information on
A regular basis.

Date: March 20, 2015 04:02

Just on the basis of this thread alone, I am now likely going to Buffalo.
I might even drive my own car and take breaks every 3 hours. This is importnant. You never know, this could be the final U.S. gig.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 20, 2015 04:07

A repost I put up early on the tour thread:

Ralph Wilson Stadium (formerly Rich Stadium) is in Orchard Park NY, about a 20 minute drive from downtown Buffalo on a good no traffic day.

About 10 minutes from stadium is West Seneca, a town next to Orchard Park. On a road called Slade Ave., just off the 90 west thruway, is three newer multi-story hotels built by the developer Carl Paladino in very good and completely safe neighborhoods.

Country Inn and Suites (164B Slade Ave. West Seneca 716-259-8520)

Staybridge Suites (164 Slade Ave. West Seneca 716-939-3100)

Hampton Inn (1750 Ridge Rd at Slade Ave. West Seneca 716-824-2030)

All three are a short walk from each other and across from two major grocery stores and a K-Mart. Also about 5 to 10 minute drives from a Wendy's, KFC, McDonalds, Dennys, etc...

If you want to stay in downtown Buffalo I'll let you know about some nice places to stay. I live about a 5 minute drive from downtown Buffalo and have lived in the city my entire life. I work about 5 minutes from the stadium and drive by it everyday so it seems.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 20, 2015 04:25

Time to shuffle off to buffalo...

Posted by: rltsurf ()
Date: March 20, 2015 04:32

Buffalo? I'll take San Diego,....but I will miss my genesee cream ale

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 20, 2015 05:48

Cocaine Eyes

PS. Naturalust - my request was polite and kindly worded. No need for an impolite response.

My apologies if I was impolite. My intention was just to be to the point, which you obviously got. smileys with beer

peace

Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: beargains ()
Date: March 20, 2015 08:23

I think so... that would make perfect sense... you don't want to move a BIG stage around the West Coast for ine show...
It doesn't make sense...
To make a profit, you must play 5/7 shows at least...
Again, IMHO

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 20, 2015 08:26

beargains
As I wrote, whatever the mysterious date is going to be, they would not promote the tour in Emeryville without a show in the Bay Area... it just doesn't make any sense...

I hope you're right. But after today, I wouldn't place too much faith in the Stones' marketing machine. If they played the Bay Area, it would be a pretty huge exception to the secondary-market/Mellencamp theme of the tour.

Also, I wonder how long ago the theater ad time was bought, and maybe it was a blanket buy across the entire theater chain regardless of location.

But who knows? And, we have to assume that talks with promoters around the country are underway as we speak, so everything is incredibly fluid.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 20, 2015 08:31

1. Colorado will be between San Diego & Columbus 27 May.
2. 3 shows at Forest Hills NYC after the tour and not announced until most stadiums are sold.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 20, 2015 09:09

Having just complete my now usual read through of 4 new pages of this thread (whilst I've been asleep overnight), I see no new news - just a very useful update from BV.

I guess the delay is an AEG issue - they are probably still negotiating a couple of venues, and by announcing the "announcement date" they put the negotiating power back with the venue...creating an artificial deadline is one of the oldest negotiation mistakes or tricks - depending on who is in control.

Using "ticketing" as a reason is noise.

One thing for sure in my mind - the Stones have signed-up with AEG, set some limits, guidelines, agreed on the marketing/PR campaign - but now the promotor needs to do their stuff.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: March 20, 2015 09:18

DREAMTIME
1. Colorado will be between San Diego & Columbus 27 May.
2. 3 shows at Forest Hills NYC after the tour and not announced until most stadiums are sold.

Logistically Colorado makes sense. Forest Hills after all the stadium/festivals, without any initial announcement, makes less sense - but I can see the diabolical logic in that too. Get NY/NJ/NE fans to commit to travel to other venues first; and also do not tempt fans near the stadium concerts with Forest Hills until they have already bought tickets for another Stones concert.

Still, I'm thinking you are speculating and have no specific knowledge of this?? Doing a stadium/festival tour and then ending with a small venue doesn't sound like the Stones to me. However, with AEG/AXS - its something I can see them proposing. Maybe that's what's being discussed between AEG/Stones - delaying the tour announcement.

However, I live in Denver and don't want my hopes (Red Rocks) dashed again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 09:21 by IGTBA.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 20, 2015 09:19

[email protected]

What they did today was ingenous, they created anxiety, publicity and demand.

Because there wasn't any of that before. winking smiley

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: March 20, 2015 09:25

The Sicilian

But the Quebec festival concert is listed right after that? Not much chance they stop between Buffalo and Quebec. If Buffalo was the last concert on this part of the tour, I'd be going there! But it's not.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 20, 2015 09:42

Glad you reminded us of our mutual best friend Mr Hallett, paulywaul! winking smiley

Date: March 20, 2015 10:01

More Hot Rocks
If you looking for great chicken wings go to Duff's. Its about 10 min east of the stadium on Orchard Park Road.
If you want to check out Niagara Falls it about 45 min from Ralph Wilson stadium.

Ha! I've been there. My band almost emptied a bucket thumbs up

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 20, 2015 10:20

Topi
Glad you reminded us of our mutual best friend Mr Hallett, paulywaul! winking smiley

>grinning smiley<

Yup. Want it all f***ed up ? Certainly Sir, we've got just the company for you ... they're called AEG !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 20, 2015 11:44

We are just now experiencing a partial solar eclipse (80%) over here.

That will be over in about 45 minutes - after that, the Stones have my permission to issue the official dates without any further delay! grinning smiley

Date: March 20, 2015 12:07

waterrats
We are just now experiencing a partial solar eclipse (80%) over here.

That will be over in about 45 minutes - after that, the Stones have my permission to issue the official dates without any further delay! grinning smiley

It's a total eclipse up here (further north than I live, though) smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 20, 2015 12:14

I can confirm that in London it's totally indistinguishable from any other grey, overcast day of the year (quelle surprise)

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 20, 2015 12:20

Stoneburst
I can confirm that in London it's totally indistinguishable from any other grey, overcast day of the year (quelle surprise)
Yeah, same here. Pity the folks who went all out to get their
special protective glasses. they didn't get to see much.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 20, 2015 13:00

Whether BV is in Longyearbyen to watch the total solar eclipse live ? smiling smiley

This was by the way to see in Germany at 10:20am (I saw it the same way):

[Twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 13:15 by Irix.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 20, 2015 13:20

The offical app and their official website aren't ready yet either.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 20, 2015 13:37

Has anyone seen any American Express related advertisements with respect to the tour?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 20, 2015 13:40

I saw the eclips this morning in Castricum, Holland. beautiful !!!
jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...125126127128129130131132133134135...LastNext
Current Page: 130 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home