Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...134135136137138139140141142143144...LastNext
Current Page: 139 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: March 22, 2015 03:19

Oh Lord, so many "insiders" and so little real information.......

"You know who l am, say it"

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 22, 2015 04:14

Festivalforecaster latest update (3/21) says Denver Mile High Stadium gets May 27

[thefestivalforecaster.blogspot.ca]

Damn. I was rooting for Seattle. YCAGWYW

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 22, 2015 04:33

mosthigh
Festivalforecaster latest update (3/21) says Denver Mile High Stadium gets May 27

[thefestivalforecaster.blogspot.ca]

Damn. I was rooting for Seattle. YCAGWYW

How accurate has thefestivalforecaster proven to be over time in the past?

plexi

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 22, 2015 05:13

massmick
angee
massmick
josepi
angee
For anyone in the Columbus, Ohio area, Fox/10 News airing at 10 pm will have an interview with
me on The Rolling Stones and the fans, related to my book! I won't be able to see it--am out of state--
lemme know how it goe, okay? I'm maybe 5 minutes or a little longer.

The interviewer was frustrated with us that the announcement didn't come out. I told him not
to worry, that the Ohio Stadium date was fairly solid. Hope I'm right. cool smiley

Interview is up on Fox news now. Here's the link...

[www.myfox28columbus.com]

nice job Andee...i wanna say we met at Crossroads07 in Bridgeview IL when you scooped an extra ticket from me but I dont recognize you...im thinking something fell through with the person you were procuring it for and we never met though. Is your read available everywhere?

Hey, massmick, glad you liked it, much, much edited down.
I was there at Crossroads07--don't remember the ticket stuff though.
Book is mostly on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/You-Get-What-Need-Stories/dp/1939282330/) or Borders online. Thanks for asking!

yes Andee i had put on Shidoobee that I had a couple extra tickets for sale for cost to a fellow shidoob but i believe that the person that you were getting it for either backed out or got a ticket. Its funny.....I just deleted your phone number from my phone a few days ago while cleaning house (phone) when i had some extra time......my phone-o-dex was getting out of hand.

It might have been my brother who decided not to go, not sure. Deleted, huh!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 22, 2015 06:06

JimmyTheSaint
palerider22
JimmyTheSaint
Cocaine Eyes
Yeah, I hear ya, Palais Royale. (Now that was a superb small gig!). I have no desire to cross over to Buffalo again. I did so in 1978 and 1980 but those circumstances were different, weren't they?

smoking smiley

As someone who has attended dozens of shows in both locales, and speaking as a proud Canadian, I don't understand how anyone could favour the Toronto concert experience over the same experience in Buffalo.

The only thing Toronto's got on Buffalo when it comes to concerts is nicer and cleaner streets and hotels. And that ain't rock n' roll.

I've been to Stones concerts in both cities as well...sitting/partying in the grandstand at CNE stadium in Toronto during the Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge tours was about as good as it gets. Sadly, that place no longer exists...so...as another proud Canadian...you are unfortunately right because the Rogers Centre(indoor stadium) is the worst concert experience on the planet!

Yes, I was at those CNE shows in '89 & '94 and they were great.

But the '97 show at the Ralph was off the hook. Spent several hours in the lot with 10s of thousands of other Stones fans getting significantly primed. Then stood in the frenzy that was the first 10 rows on the floor. What a night!

I was at the CNE in Toronto for the Stones Voodoo Lounge show in 94 and I thought they put on a great show (I hadn't heard Wild Horses being played since the 75 tour when I caught them in Buffalo). I also caught the '97 show at the Ralph and managed to get close enough to the "B" stage. At that time in the tour, they had not utilized the bridge yet to the "B" stage, so the boys walked the cat-walk and were close enough to slap hands with folks around the perimeter. I missed getting communion with Keith by inches! I was close enough to the B stage to see and hear Queenie & Crazy Mama. Great show!

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 22, 2015 06:18

glimmerkkp

-----------------------------

I saw this as well and got excited for a second because I thought it meant that there had actually been an announcement...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 22, 2015 06:34

treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes
treaclefingers
Hang on, I didn't think Quebec was still in Canada? Is that true?

It's hanging on by a thread. Yes, it's still in Canada......maybe until another referendum!!grinning smiley

Ah, that's why they didn't check my passport the last time I flew to Montreal!

The Newfies have been hoping Quebec would separate for years. Would shave 8 hours off the drive to Toronto... (and yes, lavish apologies to all, and go ahead and take your shots at TO, as if I have to tell ya!)

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 22, 2015 06:49

Sighunt
JimmyTheSaint
palerider22
JimmyTheSaint
Cocaine Eyes
Yeah, I hear ya, Palais Royale. (Now that was a superb small gig!). I have no desire to cross over to Buffalo again. I did so in 1978 and 1980 but those circumstances were different, weren't they?

smoking smiley

As someone who has attended dozens of shows in both locales, and speaking as a proud Canadian, I don't understand how anyone could favour the Toronto concert experience over the same experience in Buffalo.

The only thing Toronto's got on Buffalo when it comes to concerts is nicer and cleaner streets and hotels. And that ain't rock n' roll.

I've been to Stones concerts in both cities as well...sitting/partying in the grandstand at CNE stadium in Toronto during the Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge tours was about as good as it gets. Sadly, that place no longer exists...so...as another proud Canadian...you are unfortunately right because the Rogers Centre(indoor stadium) is the worst concert experience on the planet!

But the '97 show at the Ralph was off the hook. Spent several hours in the lot with 10s of thousands of other Stones fans getting significantly primed. Then stood in the frenzy that was the first 10 rows on the floor. What a night!

I was at the CNE in Toronto for the Stones Voodoo Lounge show in 94 and I thought they put on a great show (I hadn't heard Wild Horses being played since the 75 tour when I caught them in Buffalo). I also caught the '97 show at the Ralph and managed to get close enough to the "B" stage. At that time in the tour, they had not utilized the bridge yet to the "B" stage, so the boys walked the cat-walk and were close enough to slap hands with folks around the perimeter. I missed getting communion with Keith by inches! I was close enough to the B stage to see and hear Queenie & Crazy Mama. Great show!

you remember the fight at the front righ corner of the b stage in buffalo? two guys where going at it, me and my buddy jumped in to pull them apart, but after that Mick pretty much stayed in the middel and to the left. I was hella pissed

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 22, 2015 07:09

angee

It might have been my brother who decided not to go, not sure. Deleted, huh!

please take no offense...i got a new phone and when the tech went to transfer everything over he chuckled and said i had a phonebook larger than most teenagers nowadays...i was shamed to prune...anyone i had no contact with in yrs or knew i could get if needed got the axe....and now that u mention it yes it was your brother...forgive me!winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 03:54 by massmick.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 22, 2015 07:41

glimmerkkp

-----------------------------
Good silly fun- thanks for posting! Even Chris Jagger approves. He has a page devoted to the ventriloquist, Carla Rhodes, on his site, along w/ a pic of himself posing w/ the Mick & Keef puppets. [www.chrisjaggeronline.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 22, 2015 08:42

SomeTorontoGirl
treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes
treaclefingers
Hang on, I didn't think Quebec was still in Canada? Is that true?

It's hanging on by a thread. Yes, it's still in Canada......maybe until another referendum!!grinning smiley

Ah, that's why they didn't check my passport the last time I flew to Montreal!

The Newfies have been hoping Quebec would separate for years. Would shave 8 hours off the drive to Toronto... (and yes, lavish apologies to all, and go ahead and take your shots at TO, as if I have to tell ya!)

OK, that was actually a good one!

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: March 22, 2015 13:37

Don't know if that has been posted before:

Meanwhile, Ronnie won’t be heading to Worthy Farm this summer, but he insists it’s not a Kanye snub.

Speaking at his wife Sally’s Time To Shine fundraising gala at London’s Roundhouse on Thursday night, which raised a £1 million for charity , he adds: “I won’t be going to any festivals myself because I’ll be touring in LA in the summer.”

Something seems to be on for LA

Source: [www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 22, 2015 13:48

ROPS

Which is usually said by people who don't have a clue where to get information because they don't know who is and who is not reliable.
So there's too many fevered fans and oneweekwonders that can't read nor interpret but only seem to mindless consume the candy while making each other crazy with all kinds of bs.

For those who can read and like to have real information even when it is little:

An example of one of the few "insiders" with information straight from the horses a s s is Cocaine Eyes. When she is informing us NOTE: As of NOW - there's no warm-up gig planned for this 2015 tour. it means she will be back with info about a warm-up or extra shows or whatever as soon as she can.
She likes to pass it forward when possible, she did that before and her info is always 100% accurate. Real information? She's one step away from KR...
So as long as you can read and would like to consume some true and valuable information from time to time you now have someone to follow that doesn't sell you mumbo jumbo and bogus.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 22, 2015 13:54

KevinP1980
5/?? Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (and/or Late Show with David Letterman?), New York, NY
5/16 Saturday Night Live, New York NY
(maybe) 5/?? Jimmy Kimmel Live, Los Angeles, CA
--------- Sticky Fingers (Webcast?) Shows ----------
(TBA) 5/19 The Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA
(TBA) 5/21 The Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA
---------------- The Tour -------------------
5/23 or 24 Petco Park, San Diego, CA
(maybe) 5/27 Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, CO? Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO? Husky (or Memorial?) Stadium, Seattle, WA? Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT? Rio Tinto Stadium, Sandy, UT?
5/30 Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH
6/3 TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
6/6 Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, TX
6/9 (or 16) Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, GA
6/12 Orlando Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL
(maybe/TBA) 6/18 Live Earth Festival, MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
6/17 (or 9) LP Field, Nashville, TN
6/20 Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
6/23 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee, WI
6/26 or 27 Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO
7/1 Carter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh, NC
7/4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN
7/8 (or 15) Comerica Park, Detroit, MI
7/11 Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, NY
(TBA 4/8) 7/?? Quebec City Summer Festival, Quebec City, QC
-------------- Bonus TBA? ----------------
Forest Hills Stadium or Yankee Stadium, New York, NY (x2-3)
Phoenix Concert Theatre, Toronto, ON
(maybe) TD Place Stadium, Ottawa, ON
(maybe) Magnetic Hill Music Festival, Moncton, NB
(maybe) Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA or Rentschler Field, Hartford, CT
(maybe) Nationals or RFK Stadium, Washington, DC
(maybe) Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA or AT&T Park, San Francisco, CA

Great Post... I agree, and of course this is only speculation -

1. Tour will be extended

2. Indy site should be LOS not IndySpeedway. Only a suggestion. Maybe Indy Speedway is chosen for a potential massive fireworks display (July 4) which is coordinated with city itself

3. Orlando, Raleigh, Milwaukee seem the most favorable concert sites. San Diego is omitted because it is the first show on tour. Yes they have been doing this a long time. Still, I believe in seeing band midstream especially if it is a Stadium oriented tour.

4. If any more information surfaces with respect to L.A. warm-up gigs, please let us know.

Again thanks for information provided.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-22 14:19 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 22, 2015 14:35

Dreamer
ROPS

Which is usually said by people who don't have a clue where to get information because they don't know who is and who is not reliable.
So there's too many fevered fans and oneweekwonders that can't read nor interpret but only seem to mindless consume the candy while making each other crazy with all kinds of bs.

For those who can read and like to have real information even when it is little:

An example of one of the few "insiders" with information straight from the horses a s s is Cocaine Eyes. When she is informing us NOTE: As of NOW - there's no warm-up gig planned for this 2015 tour. it means she will be back with info about a warm-up or extra shows or whatever as soon as she can.
She likes to pass it forward when possible, she did that before and her info is always 100% accurate. Real information? She's one step away from KR...
So as long as you can read and would like to consume some true and valuable information from time to time you now have someone to follow that doesn't sell you mumbo jumbo and bogus.

grinning smiley Geez that was good! grinning smiley Possibly the most important thing I've learned from this band is that silence and discretion are golden. It's all about balance.

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 22, 2015 14:43

Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
ROPS

grinning smiley Geez that was good! grinning smiley Possibly the most important thing I've learned from this band is that silence and discretion are golden. It's all about balance.

CE smoking smiley

smileys with beer

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: March 22, 2015 14:55

treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
ROPS

CE smoking smiley

smileys with beer
cool smileysmileys with beercool smiley

Date: March 22, 2015 15:04

The more I think about it - again only speculation, Stones play Indy Speedway on National TV and put on the biggest fireworks display ever seen. Also seems like there maybe other bands in play.

I will have seen them before that date - Only care to see them but if Indy is turned into a festival - hey why not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-22 15:08 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 22, 2015 15:08

Dreamer
oneweekwonders

This just hit me - that word/phrase sounds exactly like something Stu or Bill would say! grinning smileytongue sticking out smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: indystonesfan ()
Date: March 22, 2015 15:10

Chris Fountain
The more I think about it - again only speculation, Stones play Indy Speedway on National TV and put on the biggest fireworks display ever seen. Also seems like there maybe other bands in play.

I will have seen them before that date - Only care to see them but if Indy is turned into a festival - hey why not?

A very big rumor in Indy this week is that the Indy Speedway date will be festival-like with up to 3 other bands. The Black Keys are said to be one of the bands. Stage placement is another issue that might be affecting ticketing but no solid info that it is Indy causing the delay.

Posted by: rltsurf ()
Date: March 22, 2015 15:28

LA Forum with buddy guy. There's a rumor I want to hear, just like old times in 94... But it was the Roxy then no not this tour. Seems like this is the heartland tour this year. LA just the Hollywood hustle and bustle pre tour stuff - that's ok. We got em good in 2013

Date: March 22, 2015 15:34

indystonesfan
Chris Fountain

A very big rumor in Indy this week is that the Indy Speedway date will be festival-like with up to 3 other bands. The Black Keys are said to be one of the bands. Stage placement is another issue that might be affecting ticketing but no solid info that it is Indy causing the delay.

July 4th is on a Saturday. This will be a huge event. It could be an all day event. As you said, Black Keys, hell even JCM, Bruce could appear.

Again, it is a perfect setup for a different, but festival and special event. However, I'd rather pay more and see them in an arena.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 22, 2015 16:38

angee
For anyone in the Columbus, Ohio area, Fox/10 News airing at 10 pm will have an interview with
me on The Rolling Stones and the fans, related to my book! I won't be able to see it--am out of state--

The interviewer was frustrated with us that the announcement didn't come out. I told him not
to worry, that the Ohio Stadium date was fairly solid. Hope I'm right. cool smiley

Angee - your book was great fun - I enjoyed it!!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 22, 2015 19:00

forsure
Sighunt
JimmyTheSaint
palerider22
JimmyTheSaint
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

you remember the fight at the front righ corner of the b stage in buffalo? two guys where going at it, me and my buddy jumped in to pull them apart, but after that Mick pretty much stayed in the middel and to the left. I was hella pissed

I do. Our group had six seats directly across from the B-Stage on the left side of the stage. We were standing on our chairs with everyone else. I remember looking at Mick who was looking right at us and keeping a watchful eye on the situation. Best three song set I've ever seen.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: March 22, 2015 21:55

I can't wait for the tour, I have seen so many great Stones shows and I feel so blessed to have been there many times. I am new to the board. Hi everyone, my name is Ron. Have the most pleasant day and I hope to see some of you in Los Angeles and maybe San Diego or the Bay Area smileys with beer

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: March 22, 2015 23:14

well the Pfister Hotel just raised the cost of my reservation by 13%, so I guess they are starting to believe the Milwaukee show might actually happen.

"Money doesn't talk, it screams"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-22 23:18 by LovingCupola.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 22, 2015 23:15

Cocaine Eyes
most important thing I've learned from this band is that silence and discretion are golden.

I'll drink to that smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 22, 2015 23:52

sarahunwin
angee

Angee - your book was great fun - I enjoyed it!!

sarahunwin, how very nice of you to read it and then to post this positive reaction!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: March 23, 2015 00:03

how do they raise the price of your reservation? does it say if you don't purchase a non-refundable room that they can raise as they wish?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 23, 2015 00:12

Rolling Hansie
Cocaine Eyes
most important thing I've learned from this band is that silence and discretion are golden.

I'll drink to that smileys with beer Cheers
I learned that at this stage no tour for the Stones is guaranteed to happen. Any concerts are better than no concerts at all...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...134135136137138139140141142143144...LastNext
Current Page: 139 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2143
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home