Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...133134135136137138139140141142143...LastNext
Current Page: 138 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 21, 2015 22:10

JimmyTheSaint
Cocaine Eyes
Yeah, I hear ya, Palais Royale. (Now that was a superb small gig!). I have no desire to cross over to Buffalo again. I did so in 1978 and 1980 but those circumstances were different, weren't they?

smoking smiley

As someone who has attended dozens of shows in both locales, and speaking as a proud Canadian, I don't understand how anyone could favour the Toronto concert experience over the same experience in Buffalo.

The only thing Toronto's got on Buffalo when it comes to concerts is nicer and cleaner streets and hotels. And that ain't rock n' roll.

I've been to Stones concerts in both cities as well...sitting/partying in the grandstand at CNE stadium in Toronto during the Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge tours was about as good as it gets. Sadly, that place no longer exists...so...as another proud Canadian...you are unfortunately right because the Rogers Centre(indoor stadium) is the worst concert experience on the planet!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-21 22:13 by palerider22.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: March 21, 2015 22:12

Cocaine Eyes
JimmyTheSaint
Cocaine Eyes
Yeah, I hear ya, Palais Royale. (Now that was a superb small gig!). I have no desire to cross over to Buffalo again. I did so in 1978 and 1980 but those circumstances were different, weren't they?

smoking smiley

As someone who has attended dozens of shows in both locales, and speaking as a proud Canadian, I don't understand how anyone could favour the Toronto concert experience over the same experience in Buffalo.

The only thing Toronto's got on Buffalo when it comes to concerts is nicer and cleaner streets and hotels. And that ain't rock n' roll.

Well, they do MANY small gigs in TORONTO, not Buffalo. I prefer the small gigs and I've been to all of them in Toronto since RPM in 1994. I prefer my own bed in Toronto. It's a hassle crossing the border.And rehearsals in Toronto are a lot of fun.

smoking smiley

ETA: Toronto has Jerry Stone.

Well, yes, a small venue in Toronto, or anywhere for that matter, beats a stadium.

But I'll take Ralph Wilson Stadium, its raucous crowd and all the "festivities" in its spacious parking lots over the Rogers Centre and its sleepy audience every day of the week.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: March 21, 2015 22:17

palerider22
JimmyTheSaint
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

I've been to Stones concerts in both cities as well...sitting/partying in the grandstand at CNE stadium in Toronto during the Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge tours was about as good as it gets. Sadly, that place no longer exists...so...as another proud Canadian...you are unfortunately right because the Rogers Centre(indoor stadium) is the worst concert experience on the planet!

Yes, I was at those CNE shows in '89 & '94 and they were great.

But the '97 show at the Ralph was off the hook. Spent several hours in the lot with 10s of thousands of other Stones fans getting significantly primed. Then stood in the frenzy that was the first 10 rows on the floor. What a night!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 21, 2015 22:23

Speaking of Toronto - I just remembered that I was told they would do two shows at Toronto's Rogers Centre. I was told this way back in late 2014 - early 2015.

BUT, it looks as though plans have changed and it's now Buffalo.

Perhaps the Quebec City thing changed the Toronto concert plans?

smoking smiley

Date: March 21, 2015 22:26

I also was at the CNE stadium concerts. I kind of miss the old place!

smoking smiley

Date: March 21, 2015 22:33

What are people saying about NYC/Tri State area now?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 21, 2015 23:10

Cocaine Eyes
Speaking of Toronto - I just remembered that I was told they would do two shows at Toronto's Rogers Centre. I was told this way back in late 2014 - early 2015.

smoking smiley

Hang on, I didn't think Quebec was still in Canada? Is that true?

Posted by: KevinP1980 ()
Date: March 21, 2015 23:23

5/?? Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (and/or Late Show with David Letterman?), New York, NY
5/16 Saturday Night Live, New York NY
(maybe) 5/?? Jimmy Kimmel Live, Los Angeles, CA
--------- Sticky Fingers (Webcast?) Shows ----------
(TBA) 5/19 The Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA
(TBA) 5/21 The Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA
---------------- The Tour -------------------
5/23 or 24 Petco Park, San Diego, CA
(maybe) 5/27 Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, CO? Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO? Husky (or Memorial?) Stadium, Seattle, WA? Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT? Rio Tinto Stadium, Sandy, UT?
5/30 Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH
6/3 TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
6/6 Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, TX
6/9 (or 16) Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, GA
6/12 Orlando Citrus Bowl, Orlando, FL
(maybe/TBA) 6/18 Live Earth Festival, MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
6/17 (or 9) LP Field, Nashville, TN
6/20 Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
6/23 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee, WI
6/26 or 27 Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO
7/1 Carter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh, NC
7/4 Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, IN
7/8 (or 15) Comerica Park, Detroit, MI
7/11 Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo, NY
(TBA 4/8) 7/?? Quebec City Summer Festival, Quebec City, QC
-------------- Bonus TBA? ----------------
Forest Hills Stadium or Yankee Stadium, New York, NY (x2-3)
Phoenix Concert Theatre, Toronto, ON
(maybe) TD Place Stadium, Ottawa, ON
(maybe) Magnetic Hill Music Festival, Moncton, NB
(maybe) Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA or Rentschler Field, Hartford, CT
(maybe) Nationals or RFK Stadium, Washington, DC
(maybe) Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA or AT&T Park, San Francisco, CA

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: March 21, 2015 23:27

timbernardis
Yeah it's Frank tim!lol

stonesfrkk
Wow tried to Quote the message Bv it's been a while since I posted here obviously I just wanted to say nice message and I remember Missoula well had a great time and great fun and I got to drink at a micro brewery everyday in town sorry you missed it the beer that is.lol. Anyway hope to see you on tour I will be Rolling this time around for sure! Hey Plexi am I going to see you this time around ? sorry about that double post Bv just erase it thanx!Looking forward to getting back on tour, hope to see you Bv!

Not sure which show or shows I will be seeing yet, but if you are there, I am sure we can meet up. Do I know you? In any event, it does not matter. I hope to at least be at Levi's/Santa Clara near San Jose/San Francisco as it immediately follows the American Library Association conference in San Francisco so my trip is (partly) paid for. But we don't know if they will be playing there or in Raleigh yet.

plexi

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 21, 2015 23:41

Just heard all venues are sold out! winking smiley

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: March 21, 2015 23:54

I'd like to see them make an appearance on the Late Show for one of the last Letterman's shows. That would be great since I've always been a fan of Dave and the Stones.
I'm sure Dave + the Letterman team + Paul Shaffer are well aware that the show will end in May and that the Stones will be in town around that time.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:06

Looking forward to these 'Sticky Fingers' shows, really hope though that when the time comes they put on a similar themed show for the UK.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:06

treaclefingers
JimmyTheSaint
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

Could be the reason why they filmed the Streets Of Love video in Ottawa.

Yeah Toronto's clean all right. When I was working on a film up there and we had made the 2 block area trashy to look like NYC where the plot was set, the whole crew took a break during a late shoot....when we came back people from the city had actually started cleaning up the trash! Amazing. grinning smiley

peace

Re: Starting A NEW Thread! (BUFFALO)
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:10

[email protected]
Just on the basis of this thread alone, I am now likely going to Buffalo.
I might even drive my own car and take breaks every 3 hours. This is importnant. You never know, this could be the final U.S. gig.

Does Greyhound have transportation to stadium?

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:13

Jimmy Fallon and SNL = A+
Letterman is just an angry unfunny host. I hope they take a pass on that gig, if it's a real possibility.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:16

Saw Mick Jagger tonight at Knightsbridge - he was in high spirit mentioning: see you in Hyde Park in June and O2 in July.... just like in 2013...

just a kiss away contest
Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:14

i was looking at the contest grand prize and it does not specify any concert tickets. so, they fly you to an undisclosed location, for a 2 night stay to record you in a booth announcing the band for future uses, and that's it?

see below:
PRIZES: A total of one (1) grand prize will be awarded to one (1) winner ("Grand Prize Winner"). Grand Prize will consist of two round trip tickets to an undisclosed location within the United States during the month of July 2015, two (2) nights hotel accommodations, one (1) commemorative video filmed by the official Rolling Stones videographer. The Winner will also have the opportunity to record the sentence, recorded by Sponsor or Sponsor's designee, "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones" to be used for promotional purposes in Sponsor's sole discretion.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:29

As others have suggested, I'd think they'd throw in two tickets, also in an undisclosed location. cool smiley

Otherwise, I can see it now, the winners scramble for tickets on the secondary market...

~"Love is Strong"~

Re: Starting A NEW Thread! (BUFFALO)
Date: March 22, 2015 00:44

babyblue
[email protected]
Just on the basis of this thread alone, I am now likely going to Buffalo.
I might even drive my own car and take breaks every 3 hours. This is importnant. You never know, this could be the final U.S. gig.

Does Greyhound have transportation to stadium?

I looked and they only go to downtown Buffalo from what I seem to read.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:48

Cocaine Eyes

Well, they do MANY small gigs in TORONTO, not Buffalo. I prefer the small gigs and I've been to all of them in Toronto since RPM in 1994. I prefer my own bed in Toronto. It's a hassle crossing the border.And rehearsals in Toronto are a lot of fun.

Do you mean the pre-tour warmup club shows? If so, how do you find out about those and get tickets?

plexi

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:53

flacnvinyl
Jimmy Fallon and SNL = A+
Letterman is just an angry unfunny host. I hope they take a pass on that gig, if it's a real possibility.

I've been with Dave and Paul over the past 30 or so years, especially when he had the 12:35 NBC slot. Very funny, thank goodness for YouTube to relive on occasion. I'll miss Dave(he's 68) but looking forward to Colbert. I would be shocked if the Stones visited his show, Keith heard of too many monologue jokes at his expense.

Date: March 22, 2015 01:27

Naturalust
treaclefingers
JimmyTheSaint
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

Could be the reason why they filmed the Streets Of Love video in Ottawa.

Yeah Toronto's clean all right. When I was working on a film up there and we had made the 2 block area trashy to look like NYC where the plot was set, the whole crew took a break during a late shoot....when we came back people from the city had actually started cleaning up the trash! Amazing. grinning smiley

peace

and you know something, Toronto is our 'dirty city'.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 22, 2015 01:36

KevinP1980
5/?? Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (and/or Late Show with David Letterman?), New York, NY
5/16 Saturday Night Live, New York NY
(maybe) 5/?? Jimmy Kimmel Live, Los Angeles, CA
--------- Sticky Fingers (Webcast?) Shows ----------
. . .
(maybe) 5/27 Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, CO? Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO? Husky (or Memorial?) Stadium, Seattle, WA? Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT? Rio Tinto Stadium, Sandy, UT?
. . .
(maybe) Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA or Rentschler Field, Hartford, CT
(maybe) Nationals or RFK Stadium, Washington, DC
(maybe) Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA or AT&T Park, San Francisco, CA

aren't you forgetting the Today show appearance with Matt and Al and the 40th anniversary Freddie Sessler memorial and pig roast, a fund raiser for the new rehab facility in Fordyce, Ark. (maybe)

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: March 22, 2015 01:56

-----------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Date: March 22, 2015 02:33

timbernardis
Cocaine Eyes

Do you mean the pre-tour warmup club shows? If so, how do you find out about those and get tickets?

plexi

Yes, I meant the PREVIOUS warm-up gigs at RPM, Palais Royale, El Mocambo (kind of a warm-up gig), Horseshoe Tavern (again not a warm-up gig per se), The Phoenix Concert Theatre.

How do you get in and/or obtain tix - be an insider ot have connections to a kindly insider.

NOTE: As of NOW - there's no warm-up gig planned for this 2015 tour.

Best of luck!

smoking smiley

Date: March 22, 2015 02:37

treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

It's hanging on by a thread. Yes, it's still in Canada......maybe until another referendum!!grinning smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 22, 2015 02:39

Cocaine Eyes
timbernardis
Cocaine Eyes

plexi

Yes, I meant the PREVIOUS warm-up gigs at RPM, Palais Royale, El Mocambo (kind of a warm-up gig), Horseshoe Tavern (again not a warm-up gig per se), The Phoenix Concert Theatre.

How do you get in and/or obtain tix - be an insider ot have connections to a kindly insider.

NOTE: As of NOW - there's no warm-up gig planned for this 2015 tour.

Best of luck!

smoking smiley

well, they never announce it in advance as far as I can see, it's just kind of a day of the show thing. Am I right?

plexi

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 22, 2015 02:45

---------------- The Tour -------------------
Husky (or Memorial?) Stadium, Seattle, WA? Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT? Rio Tinto Stadium, Sandy, UT?[/quote]

Personally, I think Memorial Stadium is almost definitely out of question for the Stones. It's only about 12,000 (pretty tiny for a stones show)

Date: March 22, 2015 02:46

timbernardis
well, they never announce it in advance as far as I can see, it's just kind of a day of the show thing. Am I right?

Correct. The warm-up gigs are not announced in advance. It's really a surprise gig to thank the city of Toronto and to hold a party for the people who work with the Stones. General fans are lucky to get in!

smoking smiley

Date: March 22, 2015 02:51

Cocaine Eyes
treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes

smoking smiley

It's hanging on by a thread. Yes, it's still in Canada......maybe until another referendum!!grinning smiley

Ah, that's why they didn't check my passport the last time I flew to Montreal!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...133134135136137138139140141142143...LastNext
Current Page: 138 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home